Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
They got super ironic later so idk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

KungFu Grip posted:

They got super ironic later so idk

did he start cracking trump jokes

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

Ktik posted:

That's so f***ing PC.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

shed no tears for the loss of good tweets, for they are merely f***ing dust in the wind

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

FIP is gonna be the usual indie suspects except they're saying swears.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sANgW5t8TII

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://twitter.com/BookItGabe/status/813917341209739268
Is this Hero's first booking of 2017? Guess he didn't get signed :v

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

achillesforever6 posted:

https://twitter.com/BookItGabe/status/813917341209739268
Is this Hero's first booking of 2017? Guess he didn't get signed :v

Scott Steiner is the new head of talent relations.

Willninho
Aug 14, 2007
I guess being on the last show and being on this one is technically returning to Evolve.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

lol

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
....I actually feel like Chucky T has a shot at winning against Zack Sabre, just becuase PWG knows Chuck's not goin' anywhere.....still not very likely though.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/AAWPro/status/814864413303906304

Sami Callihan vs. Rey Fenix - AAW Championship
Chris Hero vs. Pentagon Jr.
AR Fox vs. ACH
Kimber Lee vs. Heidi Lovelace
Drew Galloway vs. Jeff Cobb
Last Real Besties (Davey Vega/Silas Young) vs. Chuck Taylor/Colt Cabana
Michael Elgin
Matt Riddle
Mat Fitchett
Homicide
Dave Crist
Jake Crist
Dezmond Xavier
Kongo Kong
WWE Raw superstar Scarlett

Next Saturday in LaSalle:
Sami Callihan vs. John Morrison
Rey Fenix vs. Michael Elgin
Colt Cabana vs. Silas Young
Taya Valkyrie vs. Jessicka Havok
Besties in the World (Davey Vega/Mat Fitchett) vs. The Hooligans
Arik Cannon+Spears & Beers (Mike Hartenbower/Waylon Beck) vs. Brubaker+Zero Gravity
ACH
Louis Lyndon
Buck Nasty
Marion Fontaine
Kody Rice
Connor Braxton
Eddie Machete
Scarlett

Ktik
Jul 10, 2004

Beyond ran Party Animals last night as a goodbye show for Kimber being the main point. Hero teased a goodbye speech after his match with Keith Lee, but said we didn't deserve any words and left.

JT Dunn returned (he lost his "contract" a few months back, but every show runs in during the main event so it's not really a surprise anymore when he runs in and hits Dijak or Kimber Lee with elbows after their matches at this point) and he and Hero had a new main event against Dijak and Mikey Webb that Kimber Lee came out to help Dijak/Webb win.

If it was Hero's last match in Beyond, there was no closure to his storylines going forward as he's had a feud with Dave Cole the last few shows as well as the Dijak/Webb pairing.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Hero/Pentagon got cut short tonight because the top rope broke, which sucked.

Their solution to getting cut short was to do a bunch of Canadian destroyers, which didn't suck.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Blast Fantasto posted:

Their solution to getting cut short was to do a bunch of Canadian destroyers, which didn't suck.

Yeah, it was disappointing but the end was great and Hero's promo after was one of the highlights of the night. At least the ratchet strap/duct tape fix worked and Fenix got to bust out some great poo poo.

I'm convinced that I'm cursed now because every show I go to, the match I'm most excited for has some freak occurrences ke Low Ki immediately getting hurt or the rope breaking.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

Ktik posted:

Beyond ran Party Animals last night as a goodbye show for Kimber being the main point. Hero teased a goodbye speech after his match with Keith Lee, but said we didn't deserve any words and left.

JT Dunn returned (he lost his "contract" a few months back, but every show runs in during the main event so it's not really a surprise anymore when he runs in and hits Dijak or Kimber Lee with elbows after their matches at this point) and he and Hero had a new main event against Dijak and Mikey Webb that Kimber Lee came out to help Dijak/Webb win.

If it was Hero's last match in Beyond, there was no closure to his storylines going forward as he's had a feud with Dave Cole the last few shows as well as the Dijak/Webb pairing.

By any sort of miracle he could show up for the Worcester show next month since I don't believe he's booked anywhere on the 29th.

But yes the second half of Party Animals was really good.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

My interest level in World Of Sport lasted as long as it took for Grado to get to the ring.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Skinty McEdger posted:

My interest level in World Of Sport lasted as long as it took for Grado to get to the ring.

It's really not looking good so far. Camerawork is really bad and Grado vs. Dave Mastiff in an 8 minute championship match to start the show. It's nice hearing JR call wrestling but that's about it so far. I'll give it time, but the camerawork is rough as hell.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Blast Fantasto posted:

Oh god he's reached Cheex levels

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

MagicCube posted:

It's really not looking good so far. Camerawork is really bad and Grado vs. Dave Mastiff in an 8 minute championship match to start the show. It's nice hearing JR call wrestling but that's about it so far. I'll give it time, but the camerawork is rough as hell.

It also has the worst authority figure I have ever seen in wrestling.

This segment on the old school world of sport is pretty okay. Completely out of place on the tone of the rest of the show but I would watch a whole show based on this.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

why are these men competing in a ladder match for a chance to enter the battle royal for the second title shot of the night

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

oatgan posted:

why are these men competing in a ladder match for a chance to enter the battle royal for the second title shot of the night

Why could they only get ladders with rungs on one side of them?

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

oatgan posted:

I'm still getting used to British accents but I recall the commissioner saying everyone would be busting their nut to get a shot at the title.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

oatgan posted:

The producers are booking this with the only wrestling show they've ever seen being that one WWE PPV where Hunter had like 4 title matches with Orton in one night.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

This is real bad.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Skinty McEdger posted:

Because they're using cheapo metal ladders that they got from Homebase, and not wood ones that are spraypainted silver like WWE.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Skinty McEdger posted:

can you believe wwe is scared of this

Gaz-L posted:

The producers are booking this with the only wrestling show they've ever seen being that one WWE PPV where Hunter had like 4 title matches with Orton in one night.

nevermind they should be scared

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

For a wrestling pilot, this isn't as terrible as it could have been

Also if 2016 can bring back World of Sport, I am petitioning for a Wrestling Society X return in 2017

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Yeah, it was disappointing but the end was great and Hero's promo after was one of the highlights of the night. At least the ratchet strap/duct tape fix worked and Fenix got to bust out some great poo poo.

I'm convinced that I'm cursed now because every show I go to, the match I'm most excited for has some freak occurrences ke Low Ki immediately getting hurt or the rope breaking.

Hero's promo was good, and Lovelace's was, too; I hadn't heard that she got signed. That was nice. I was sitting next to a kid who was super into the show. Always sit next to kids at wrestling shows. It was a Perfectly Good AAW Show. Davey Richards was a good surprise!

Pretty done with Homicide tho! gently caress a bunch of Homicide in 2016/7.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Interesting that Alex Shane's doing colour. He's been trying to get wrestling back on telly for like 15 years. I remember listening to a show he got simulcast on a cable channel and the radio in 200...4?

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008

Skinty McEdger posted:

This is real bad.
To be honest I think all I'm taking from this so far is that I really hope people who know I like wrestling don't watch this and think "Oh, that's what he's into?"

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

oatgan posted:

After this there will be a reverse battle royale to enter people into a reverse ladder match so the cycle can complete

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Deathlove posted:

Pretty done with Homicide tho! gently caress a bunch of Homicide in 2016/7.

When did this actually happen? I missed him cutting a promo but see AAW apologizing on Twitter today because he used a bunch of homophobic slurs

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Chris James 2 posted:

For a wrestling pilot, this isn't as terrible as it could have been

Also if 2016 can bring back World of Sport, I am petitioning for a Wrestling Society X return in 2017

It returned 3 seasons ago and dropped off after the first

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Blast Fantasto posted:

When did this actually happen? I missed him cutting a promo but see AAW apologizing on Twitter today because he used a bunch of homophobic slurs

homicide's forced at gunpoint to apologize promo was something else lol

https://twitter.com/AAWPro/status/815117572408508417

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

after the main

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

oatgan posted:

oh my god

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Super No Vacancy posted:

after the main

I had a feeling, I ducked out as soon as the main ended so I could beat the line to the valet. Homicide sure seems like a piece of poo poo.

oatgan posted:

Ah the classic "I'm sorry you got offended" apology.

Blast Fantasto fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Dec 31, 2016

hardcoremark
May 6, 2009
Posted in the wrong thread so sorry for the cross post:
WOS is just awful so far. I'm dreading people assuming this is what I watch on a regular basis at work. Any money WWE are spending to counter this is a collosall waste.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
https://twitter.com/mrlariato/status/815245009389842437

There's like five camera cuts in 5 seconds. The production of this is bad.