Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

Schmetterling posted:

Oath Complete!

Placeholder photos, hopefully I'll have time to take some nicer ones before New Year.

Including the Journal in the Christmassy themed red white and green.

Also, glitter is now everywhere.

I just got some Beckoners, this would have been a great idea! Alas, a month too late.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

JUDGMENT COMES FOR US ALL... EVENTUALLY

:burger: MAY JUDGMENT:burger:

1 point - lethemonster

There's a lot to be said for super clean necron ships. The circuit patterns are very crisp, and I really, really appreciate the restraint on the osl.

2 points - Electric Hobo

Blue shading on white is a natural thing to try for cold miniatures, but it's tricky to pull off well in practice. I love this guy, he's reasonably clean, registers white and cold, and really pops. shading on the metallics is great, and the individually painted fur strands lends to a painterly quality.

3 points - Red Shoe

I really want to call out the nmm blue metal on the gun and the front leg. Those two elements especially combine to create a soft animated feel, which I think really works well for the sculpt. I want to see the gold/brass and come up to the level of silver and see some more delineation on the gun.

Bonus Point - Taft Punk

To me bonus points are all about goofy stuff you wouldn't normally do, flexing creative muscle and highlighting technical skill. This fulfills the former in spades. Love it.

Gareth Gobulcoque fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Dec 29, 2016

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
I oath 3 Religious Zealots from Victoria Miniatures and 1 GW Familiar.

I thought I posted this weeks ago, but apparently not...

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Oath Complete!

Claiming Theme challenge: paint red

I've had these kicking around for a while, but when the red theme came up I decided to paint them. It's probably the most blending and multiple shades I have ever done. From a muddy magenta colour, through three shades of red to an orange. It's still not a master work, but possibly the best I have ever done. :)

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer

Gareth Gobulcoque posted:

2 points - Electric Hobo

Blue shading on white is a natural thing to try for cold miniatures, but it's tricky to pull off well in practice. I love this guy, he's reasonably clean, registers white and cold, and really pops. shading on the metallics is great, and the individually painted fur strands lends to a painterly quality.
Thanks! I had to look up what painterly means, so now I know a good word to throw around when I pretend to know about art.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Indolent Bastard posted:

I oath 3 Religious Zealots from Victoria Miniatures and 1 GW Familiar.

I thought I posted this weeks ago, but apparently not...

Approved!

I would put a deadline warning here but looks like the countdown site needs a boot up the rear end and some settings changed. I think it's about 48 hours from now anyway?

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

Oath Complet!

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

LazyAngel posted:

For December, I, LazyAngel, oath some Scourge for Dropfleet Commander.
That's 12 frigates, 4 cruisers and a battlecruiser.

Oath Complete! (and has been for some time)

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
Oath Complete!

Claiming theme challenge for the red, white & green market stalls.

I am pretty pleased with how the canvas stalls turned out, making flat pieces of wood look like 3d fabric is always going to have its limitations but I think it went ok. Decided to go lightly on the weathering but went with a bit around the bottom edges.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
Oath Complete!

I tried for a little red glow on one of the strike carriers to be heat from it entering the atmosphere, but decided it was not enough red...

So... Theme challenge for this guy:

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

LazyAngel posted:

So beautiful! O.O

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

LazyAngel posted:

Pretty! Do you have a recipe you wouldn't mind sharing?

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
I, grassy gnoll, oath one Nomad Mobile Brigada by Corvus Belli, 25mm, for the month of December, because it's been hells of busy lately.

TheFinalTuba
May 3, 2016
OATH COMPLETE!

Pretty happy with he turned out overall. Though I need some help with skin technique on a guy like this. More on that in the Miniatures Painting thread.

Also, claiming Jurnal, as Krampus wishes you a Merry Christmas!

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

grassy gnoll posted:

I, grassy gnoll, oath one Nomad Mobile Brigada by Corvus Belli, 25mm, for the month of December, because it's been hells of busy lately.

Approved!

:siren: 23.5 hours left for December! :siren:

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

ijyt posted:

Pretty! Do you have a recipe you wouldn't mind sharing?

Easy;

Spray-primed with Vallejo black primer
Base-coated kinda-zenithally with sprayed VMA Gungrey
Highlighted (still with airbrush) with VMA Silver
For the cruisers, sprayed several thin layers of Army Painter Purple Tone on the prows.
Cruisers and Frigates got the fronts sprayed with Blue Ghost Tint (leaving the purple prows on the cruisers)
Trailing ends/spines/aft sections got GT Plasma Fluid sprayed on

Then back to normal brushes, picking out some joints and surface detail with Gungrey, followed by AP Dark Tone to shade.
Oculus beams/spots and Frigate engines were VGC Electric Blue, highlighted with P3 Frostbite.

Finally, sprayed on Satin varnish.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

grassy gnoll posted:

Oath complete!

Absolutely claiming speed painting and December technical

In the proper spirit of Infinity, gotta make dat rear end as defined as possible.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
Oath complete!

No journal, I had a brainfart and mixed up this and next month's challenges and did some snow :doh:

EDIT: Added username to pictures

Lord Hypnostache fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Jan 1, 2017

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Oath Complete!

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Lord Hypnostache posted:

Oath complete!

No journal, I had a brainfart and mixed up this and next month's challenges and did some snow :doh:

You had another brainfart and forgot to put your name on the pics ;)

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

KPC_Mammon posted:

I, KPC_Mammon, oath to paint these four Mobile Brigada from Corvus Belli during the month of December.

Oath complete.

Claiming journal, since they are red.

JackMack
Nov 3, 2007
Oath Complete!

Phoned it in slightly on the dreadnought. Thought I would have a lot more time given the holidays. Pleased with the other models. Claiming jurnal for the dreadnought. Gratuitous rear end shots have been included for anyone who has been following the 40K thread...

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Flipswitch posted:

Oath Complete!

This looks rad but you aren't going to lure me into another game I never get to play! You won't!

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Oath Complete

I feel a bit bad about how much better LazyAngel's are.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Happy new year folks! 11 hours left officially but I think we'll allow a little leeway for hangovers ;)

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER

Zark the Damned posted:

You had another brainfart and forgot to put your name on the pics ;)

Oops! I edited my username to the pictures

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!
Oath Complete!

Alguaciles, red for the theme entry.

Engineer, Doctor, and Bots

Armbots

Knights of Santiago

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Ashcans posted:

This looks rad but you aren't going to lure me into another game I never get to play! You won't!
Join Usssss

Red Shoe those are amazing

wdarkk posted:

Oath Complete

I feel a bit bad about how much better LazyAngel's are.
Don't put yourself down these are really nice mate!

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Oath Complete

The wuxia model up front is my Journal Entry for the month, being all in red. Played around with B&W on the gorilla, but phoned it in on the doggo.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Oath complete!

Did red for the jurnal, though not sure my highlights are coming through.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
OATH COMPLETE

Aside from the weapon shaft, which returned to its too-bendy state after a hot/cold water treatment and which I probably should have just replaced, and the metal which is still too bright and shiny for me, I'm decently happy with both this model and the job I ended up doing on it.

The challenge needs no words of explanation, hopefully.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

:sandance:OATH COMPLETE:sandance:

Please excuse my filthy outdoor table, it was the only flat place I could fit it for daylight photos, since it's too big for the photo booth

That's the highway/tracks, now here comes the train!

Claiming challenge with the Scorched SANTA Red shipping containers

Dr. Phildo
Dec 8, 2003

Except the heaven had come so near,
So seemed to choose my door,The distance would not haunt me so

Soiled Meat
Oath complete

Claiming Christmas challenge for the Conductor's Imperial Guards

Will take better pics tomorrow when there is better lighting available

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
Oath Complete

Claiming red jurnal for the genestealer.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

For January, I, LazyAngel oath 7 space stations, from DropFleet Commander

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!
I, Thundercloud, as one of my New Years resolutions is to paint some forces and actually play, Oath 10 GW Cultists in heroic 28mm scale for the month of January.

My posting is changing again, and I'll be in the city centre 300 yards from the GW, going to my club will also only take 30 minutes instead of 2 hours from my current place of work.

Which means time to paint up some Kill Teams, Zone Mortalis forces, Antares armies and Bolt Action armies, and Marvel/DC forces.

I also want to reduce the amount of stuff I have. No one is going to play much Fantasy, I should get rid of it. There will be a for sale thread at some point soon.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

LazyAngel posted:

For January, I, LazyAngel oath 7 space stations, from DropFleet Commander

Thundercloud posted:

I, Thundercloud, as one of my New Years resolutions is to paint some forces and actually play, Oath 10 GW Cultists in heroic 28mm scale for the month of January.

My posting is changing again, and I'll be in the city centre 300 yards from the GW, going to my club will also only take 30 minutes instead of 2 hours from my current place of work.

Which means time to paint up some Kill Teams, Zone Mortalis forces, Antares armies and Bolt Action armies, and Marvel/DC forces.

I also want to reduce the amount of stuff I have. No one is going to play much Fantasy, I should get rid of it. There will be a for sale thread at some point soon.

Approved!

Also December's Oathing is over! Check the Spreadsheet to make sure I haven't missed anything: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CjBdEM06ehsHI_IGCRx-Ls-j3Mw3vCoZ02a83yBnRtA/edit?ts=57292533#gid=23

Onwards to January:

quote:

January: So C-C-Cold! it’s the middle of winter and my snot is frozen solid!
technical challenge: paint a mostly WHITE model! White should be at least 50% of the model, or more. You should have shading, mid-tones and highlighting
theme challenge: use snow effect type basing to enhance the cold effect of a model that is wrapped up for warmth

Dr. Phildo
Dec 8, 2003

Except the heaven had come so near,
So seemed to choose my door,The distance would not haunt me so

Soiled Meat
January Oath for Dr Phildo
Conan and two Picts from Monolith's Conan

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
I, JerryLee, oath a Beastman Warrior by Reaper

Shaky as hell photo but everything should be legible, I think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
For January, I, Electric Hobo, oath to paint: 1 referee, Dezra the Vile, 2 ram clan mystics and the ram clan leader. By Mantic, FFG and CMoN.

Dezra is a rescue. Something went wrong with the primer on a bunch of my Descent stuff, so it's incredibly hydrophobic AND I can't strip it with soap or alcohol. They are all loving horrible to paint so they've been laying around for years with paintjobs at various states.

• Locked thread