Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

NewForumSoftware posted:

Who could have possibly known intervening in the middle east in the name of Democracy could blow up in our faces?

Are you being ironic?

Do you think this is the me thread or something

Drag this tedious poo poo elsewhere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

NewForumSoftware posted:

Could always send aid instead of bombs.

Aid that gets diverted or blown up when it goes to anti Assad areas

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

the paradigm shift posted:

Aid that gets diverted or blown up when it goes to anti Assad areas

Yes that's what happens when you try to violently overthrow the leadership of the country without enough support of the people (especially the military)

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

NewForumSoftware posted:

Could always send aid instead of bombs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLNvqRyafnk

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Yes this is a perfect analogy.

Wait let me do one, it's from the Marvel Comic Universe and it starts with a bomb labeled Stark.

But the two kids trapped under it ended up helping to save the world and forgiving Tony his excesses in weapons profiteering.

:goonsay:

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

kustomkarkommando posted:

Well there was the billion odd dollar cia-led train and equip programme that predated the anti-ISIS intrrvention

Yeah but the CIA does this all the time. It's part of our psychotically unbalanced fopo. I wouldn't say they were aiming for regime change more than just hedging their bets and lost.
He invoked the white helmets before the CIA training program so I'm pretty sure I can see where this guy stands

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

Yeah but the CIA does this all the time. It's part of our psychotically unbalanced fopo. I wouldn't say they were aiming for regime change more than just hedging their bets and lost.
He invoked the white helmets before the CIA training program so I'm pretty sure I can see where this guy stands

The white helmets are a cia front but thank you for admitting you've been arguing dishonestly to score points on an internet forum.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

syscall girl posted:

Yes this is a perfect analogy.

Wait let me do one, it's from the Marvel Comic Universe and it starts with a bomb labeled Stark.

But the two kids trapped under it ended up helping to save the world and forgiving Tony his excesses in weapons profiteering.

:goonsay:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEHjCLULQSk

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Badger of Basra posted:

"intervention will work this time guys"

what makes you say that

"i gotta hunch"

i wasn't really cognisant during the lead up to iraq, so this is all v. exciting for me

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

NewForumSoftware posted:

The white helmets are a cia front but thank you for admitting you've been arguing dishonestly to score points on an internet forum.

I'm dishonest while you repeat rt talking points about a humanitarian organization to distract from the fact that your point that a dictator like Assad is the best for Syria

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

NewForumSoftware posted:

Yes that's what happens when you try to violently overthrow the leadership of the country without enough support of the people (especially the military)

Russia violently trying to maintain the leadership in Syria haven't worked out great either.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

I'm dishonest while you repeat rt talking points about a humanitarian organization to distract from the fact that your point that a dictator like Assad is the best for Syria

That old chestnut about forgetting the lessons of history has just been appended to "we are condemned"

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

That's not what I was saying either badge. It's already a failed state being propped up through foreign intervention so yeah we really probably couldn't make it worse. I don't relish it either but when we see what the next few years bring we'll probably be as embarrassed as we are about Rwanda now

sorry let me revise

what makes you say that

"can't get any worse!!"

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

NewForumSoftware posted:

oh my god you're adorable

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IIrzJcEWAU

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

smdh if you're still trying to argue with pseudo russian migf troll instead of just posting mayonaisse at it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZRBsXdWy-4

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Badger of Basra posted:

sorry let me revise

what makes you say that

"can't get any worse!!"

Look I don't want a full scale intervention either but you'd be hard pressed to call Iraq even in 05 worse than Syria today.
Hell the number of dead civilians surpassed Iraq a while ago iirc

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

Hell the number of dead civilians surpassed Iraq a while ago iirc

Not even close

400k vs 1m+

It can get much much worse, despite what the New York Times might try to tell you

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
I like that we can talk about people as "civilians" anymore.

I wasn't born when that police action was going on in SE Asia (or the other one) but it's comforting somehow.

And that our police refer to us as such, even though they're supposed to be civil.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
https://twitter.com/nepalmeme/status/814632687587704832

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

NewForumSoftware posted:

Not even close

400k vs 1m+

It can get much much worse, despite what the New York Times might try to tell you

1m+ is an extremely high estimate that hasn't got a lot of support. Most estimates such as from the Iraqi ministry of health, Iraq body count, and even that classified doc released by wikileaks put it a lot closer to 200-300k.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

1m+ is an extremely high estimate that hasn't got a lot of support. Most estimates such as from the Iraqi ministry of health, Iraq body count, and even that classified doc released by wikileaks put it a lot closer to 200-300k.

Oh praise Shia Mohammed

I was worried they had a serious body count but that's less than a percentage of WWII

:sweatdrop:

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

I'm sure she schools those journos well and then owns them and destroys all their pathetic little arguments.
Trying to see where this proves that the white helmets are a front?

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

syscall girl posted:

That old chestnut about forgetting the lessons of history has just been appended to "we are condemned"

History will show that both the iraq war and inaction in Syria are bad so: ?

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
history will show me some bomb rear end titties and well hung dicks

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

History will show that both the iraq war and inaction in Syria are bad so: ?

We're going boots in, sir

PE: Trump is concerned about his hand size

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
That should be a funny joke but it isn't

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
:toxx:

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
i read the phrase DILF Manlust in another thread and i'm glad i'll be starting the new year laughing at the words DILF Manlust

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

I haven't and will not call for a full scale invasion of Syria. Least of all now since it could lead to fighting with Russia and Iran.
I did and will say nothing good can happen in Syria while Assad remains.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

syscall girl posted:

We would make it worse. We have.

Look to RT to show the bombs the US is missing with and Fox News to show the Russian bombs killing innocents.

Syrias death toll has about matched Iraq's at this point, and we've got a lot of bloody battles on the horizon.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Made the mistake of reading one of the election threads and my eyes fall on a post that says "Clinton's platform was the same as the people trump ran against in the primary

E: also it has the Bernie support who voted for trump

Badger of Basra fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Dec 31, 2016

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
Good riddance 2016

*looks at the advancing goldshirts over the horizon*

Come back 2016

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Sharkie posted:

i read the phrase DILF Manlust in another thread and i'm glad i'll be starting the new year laughing at the words DILF Manlust

i'm starting it by going on a date, so i'm glad 2017 will be awesome for all of 19 days

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
maybe if i become an internet hermit i will be able to trick myself into forgetting trump is president

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Volkerball posted:

Syrias death toll has about matched Iraq's at this point, and we've got a lot of bloody battles on the horizon.

Trump got the McCain message of "bomb bomb Iran" stuck in his head, even though he disparaged him.

We just don't know what he'll do. (hopefully nothing *fingats crossed*)

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Is this the print version of Clickhole

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

NewForumSoftware posted:

The white helmets are a cia front

when did paul joseph watson get a SA account

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
so i guess the word millennial has literally lost all meaning now that baby boomers can also be millennials

• Locked thread