Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

Xun posted:

Grats! Drop or bought?

Dropped!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redmanred
Aug 29, 2005

My hometown japan
:japan:

Lonk posted:

I got the new infusion.

Once you go white, you ain't right!

Edit:

I had no idea they added an infusion this year. Might be because I kind of tuned out this wintersday.

Redmanred fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Dec 27, 2016

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Redmanred posted:

I had no idea they added an infusion this year. Might be because I kind of tuned out this wintersday.
You might want to tune in if you need karma for anything. Can get tons easily while this event runs.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
Buy More Gems Dude

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

Lonk posted:

Buy More Gems Dude

Man, I can't wait for Braham to (try to) kill that babby draggy.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
I thought we were supposed to be teaching her to treat lesser beings with respect.

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010

Lonk posted:

Buy More Gems Dude

Buy more gems so you can buy a dragon made of gems! Brilliant! Next month you'll have to buy bags of dragon food, 100 gems each. (The bag is just a bag of 50 gems which Aurene will eat. The rest pays for packaging and delivery.)

... I like to think the light up gems is just something gem dragons can do. Like fireflies and their glowing butts. And she's just doing it because she saw all the lights doing the same. :kimchi:

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

Bieeardo posted:

I thought we were supposed to be teaching her to treat lesser beings with respect.

It won't stop Braham the idiot rear end in a top hat senselessly murderising everything.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

I found lonk like this and i'm worried about him

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

CLAM DOWN posted:

I found lonk and i'm worried about him

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Some of us drink to forget. :smith:

Redmanred
Aug 29, 2005

My hometown japan
:japan:

CLAM DOWN posted:

That's one mug you don't wanna chug

bigfoot again
Apr 24, 2007

Guys please help me pick a class for my boost. I'm looking for something with different playstyle options because I get bored easily

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

bigfoot again posted:

Guys please help me pick a class for my boost. I'm looking for something with different playstyle options because I get bored easily

Engineer.

Orv
May 4, 2011

bigfoot again posted:

Just level every single class in the game through crafting, so you always have options when you're feeling fickle, like a sane person. :shepface:

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

bigfoot again posted:

Revenant. Not so much Herald, but Revenant for sure.
You can pick the legends that reflect different playstyles. Shiro is thief-like, Ventari is druid-like, Mallyx is sort of necromancer, and Jalis is sort of guardian. Since you can have whatever weapons and traits equipped with whatever legends, you can really mix and max what you want.

Once you get Herarld, though, you pretty much crap out boons and that's about it.

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS

Aleph Null posted:

Once you get Herarld, though, you pretty much crap out boons and that's about it.

crapping out boons is actually a pretty huge deal for like 99% of how you're going to be playing pve content. You can handle nearly all of the encounters without having to swap stances or use utility skills simply because you have fury, swiftness, might, and/or regen the whole time.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

nickhimself posted:

crapping out boons is actually a pretty huge deal for like 99% of how you're going to be playing pve content. You can handle nearly all of the encounters without having to swap stances or use utility skills simply because you have fury, swiftness, might, and/or regen the whole time.

It can be pretty boring.

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS

Aleph Null posted:

It can be pretty boring.

this is true for all classes, subjectively speaking.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

CLAM DOWN posted:

I can outrun a centaur, but I cannot outrun the pain

Lonk fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Dec 30, 2016

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Guild Wars 2... is good

John Lightning
Mar 10, 2012
It's alright I guess.

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Considered coming back but I don't own Heart of Thorns. Is it really $49.99? Or is it cheaper somehow if I own GW2 core?

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Zaekkor posted:

Considered coming back but I don't own Heart of Thorns. Is it really $49.99? Or is it cheaper somehow if I own GW2 core?

Buying or having GW2 core doesn't do anything.

Buying for $24.99 on Amazon (US) though is good stuff
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...6116168011&th=1

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

Illuyankas posted:

Guild Wars 2... is good

The gently caress outta here.

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010
Bank tabs, character slots, and 1%er passes on sale. I plan to join the Trump club so which is the best pass?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

dad on the rag posted:

Bank tabs, character slots, and 1%er passes on sale. I plan to join the Trump club so which is the best pass?

As someone who owns all of them, DR.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005

AnacondaHL posted:

Buying or having GW2 core doesn't do anything.

Buying for $24.99 on Amazon (US) though is good stuff
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...6116168011&th=1

I am seeing it as $36?

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

always be closing posted:

I am seeing it as $36?

Looks like the sale is over, but the Digital Deluxe is on sale for $36.

Tensokuu
May 21, 2010

Somehow, the boy just isn't very buoyant.
Probably shoulda asked this yesterday when I came back playing but:

Mesmer or Revenant?

I have leveled my Mesmer to 18 so far, but then I question how well Mesmer is at end game now. I'll probably end up messing around on both, but trying to decide what I want to main.

I also have an absolute assload of boosts from launch.

1x 80 Boost
10x 20 Boost
5x 30 Boost
4x 40 Boost

I have a bunch of character slots from their pricing error at launch, so I could probably make a bunch of the classes to be honest. Just not sure what I want to do.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Burn your 80 boost on a Mesmer, hands down. They're an awesome class once leveled but heinous garbage to level.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Tensokuu posted:

I have a bunch of character slots from their pricing error at launch

???

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
On launch day you'd sometimes get 2-3 slots for the price of one, it was funny.

Tensokuu
May 21, 2010

Somehow, the boy just isn't very buoyant.
Yeah. The cost of character slots at launch was bugged and you could grab a ton of character slots for super cheap. I think I have enough slots to play everything but one class due to that.

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

I wouldn't call it bugged. I got 800 gems for 2g, which I used to buy a slot which then didn't go through and 2 weeks later after I sent a support ticket I got 800 gems refunded and a character slot.

2g was a lot of money on launch day and it took a while for the gem to gold conversion to level out.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Yeah, it also worked in the other direction, you could pay 800 gems for one and get nothing, like you (and me with the 3rd one I was trying to buy that day) - though, how is "buy 1 character slot for 800 gems, have 0 or 2 or 3 slots added" not bugged :confused:

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005

dad on the rag posted:

I just picked up the Lava Lounge and it's pretty nice. In total, I own Airship, DR, and now LL.

Airship is the most convenient and Gendarran owns for quickie events, since a bloodstone beast spawns there, and theres always a group for the thief bounty if you're bored being bored. But there's the hiss. Inside the airship there's a broken gas line. It produces a high pitched hiss that never stops and will need you to turn off game sound.

DR is great as well. However, it's the original 1%'er club. I was annoyed at the excessive particles spewing onto my screen. That and DR is a larger and therefore laggier zone.

Pseudoscorpion
Jul 26, 2011

dad on the rag posted:

Hot Take: I like the Noble's Folly pass because unlike the other ones it's in its own instance so it loads super fast.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

I've never heard the hiss on the airship 1% area, maybe it's too highpitched for my ear and I'm getting old?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005

Illuyankas posted:

I've never heard the hiss on the airship 1% area, maybe it's too highpitched for my ear and I'm getting old?

its right next to the bank / TP. It's like a someone going "shhhhhhhhhh" nonstop.

• Locked thread