Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008

Blast Fantasto posted:

There's like five camera cuts in 5 seconds. The production of this is bad.
Maybe WWE's fear was based on Dunn watching a preview of this and being awed at how next-level the production was.

Edit: I'm enjoying this panto-level booing though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I like the backstage interview girl. Way more personality than Dasha-bot or Charlytron.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

I always appreciate wrestlers getting their pump on right after winning a championship.

hardcoremark
May 6, 2009

Gaz-L posted:

I like the backstage interview girl. Way more personality than Dasha-bot or Charlytron.

Still a bit too "Good Morning Britain" for my taste.

Mastiff is so much better than this.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Hopefully Dave will weigh in on this with all the gravity it deserves

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Blast Fantasto posted:

https://twitter.com/mrlariato/status/815245009389842437

There's like five camera cuts in 5 seconds. The production of this is bad.
I would legit get a headache watching this.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Basic Chunnel posted:

Hopefully Dave will weigh in on this with all the gravity it deserves

It's just, y'know, the mentality that they need to, y'know, compete with WWE. I mean, it is what it is.

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

oatgan posted:

can you believe wwe is scared of this
There's a good chance this gets ratings that Vince would sacrifice one of his children for.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

How many takes do you think Sha Samuels had at that don't try this at home bit?

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Oh god I'm dying every time they show JR on camera and he's got his head buried in the script reading his lines.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
It must be kind of a throwback for JR, seeing as this is basically one of the old WCW Center Stage tapings, right?

Edit: Huh, I've never seen the Coffeys, are they just discount Glesga Ascension, then?

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

I hope this gets 10 million viewers.

hardcoremark
May 6, 2009
Jesus. They've had this in the can how long? Could they not have edited out JR sat reading the script.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Skinty McEdger posted:

I hope this gets 10 million viewers.

Unironically I do too, because it's a pilot. If it does well and gets picked up, they can learn what works and doesn't and improve. Plus more competition is good for the talent and for fans.

hardcoremark
May 6, 2009
Tag match is decent enough. Would have preferred to see Joe Coffey and Rampage do a singles match though.

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

Gaz-L posted:

Edit: Huh, I've never seen the Coffeys, are they just discount Glesga Ascension, then?
Joe normally wears the paint, Mark doesn't but ITV, so Brothers Must Be Alike.

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008

Gaz-L posted:

Unironically I do too, because it's a pilot. If it does well and gets picked up, they can learn what works and doesn't and improve. Plus more competition is good for the talent and for fans.
I don't care about this so far, but WOS as a regular on ITV would mean a better chance for Progress or ICW getting picked up by something like Dave (or Challenge now they've dropped TNA).

hardcoremark
May 6, 2009
Sha Samuels is a national treasure

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

You guys have a tv channel called Dave?

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

hardcoremark posted:

Sha Samuels is a national treasure

It's a travesty he wasn't in the honours list. Sir Sha Samuels. "Bah Gawd, it's Triple S"

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

You guys have a tv channel called Dave?
Yes.

The channel that shows Dave but an hour later is called... Dave ja Vu.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

i liked the tag match a lot

why is jim ross on this though

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Revenant Threshold posted:

Yes.

That is extremely good

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Revenant Threshold posted:

Yes.

I thought you were making this up.

You were not.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

"Do any UK promotions use a 20ft ring?"
"There hasn't been a 20ft ring on ITV since Dale Winton's supermarket sweep."

I invoke the spirit of Meltzer and declare this a 5* show on the basis of that joke.

wagnike2
May 31, 2007

Lucha LaBOOM
I actually don't find this show that bad.. it's ok, nothing great but eh.

hardcoremark
May 6, 2009

wagnike2 posted:

I actually don't find this show that bad.. it's ok, nothing great but eh.

It's got better as it's gone on. The tag match won points with me. Alex Shane is an awful commentator though.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

rare Magic card l00k posted:

I thought you were making this up.

You were not.

In case anyone cares, Dave is basically comedy panel shows, Red Dwarf and Top Gear reruns and Storage Hunters.

Ligero's mask looks like a really bad idea.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Missing a spot to focus on the crowd? A dozen camera cuts in 10 seconds? Zooming in on impacts? Seems like the producers wanted to show people who haven't watched wrestling in 30 years what they were missing from Raw.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I legit would love for this to do solid ratings. Everything since the womens match has been solid.

Just shoot the producer into the sun.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

MagicCube posted:

Missing a spot to focus on the crowd?

WWE's weapon shots have to be censored with camera cuts over there unless it's late at night. Very likely the case with WoS

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Its literally the first episode they've ever done and they've almost certaintly got a production staff thats just finding its way at something that they've never done before. In that respect its gone beyond my expectations.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Chris James 2 posted:

WWE's weapon shots have to be censored with camera cuts over there unless it's late at night. Very likely the case with WoS

As I think about it more that makes sense given how many TV shows are censored over here, but drat it was just a simple table spot. Even The Big Bang Theory is censored (heavily at times) which I find hilarious.

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008

MagicCube posted:

As I think about it more that makes sense given how many TV shows are censored over here, but drat it was just a simple table spot. Even The Big Bang Theory is censored (heavily at times) which I find hilarious.
On the other hand, if we ever get a post-watershed show, they'd be able to get away with a lot more.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I think they also took the reins off the crowd a bit, we're getting a bit more natural response, with the "Grado's sleeping" chant. Davey Boy Jr would probably be the guy to build a promotion around, but I doubt he was willing to commit to a project that might fizzle out.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

From all the gifs I've watched WOS seems cool, and good.

wagnike2
May 31, 2007

Lucha LaBOOM
Mastiff's promo was pretty good.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

wagnike2 posted:

Mastiff's promo was pretty good.

Dealt with the "Whats" pretty well, at least.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
This is a good show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Mastiff is so good. He delights so much in being a dick.