Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

Electromax posted:

Please include your weight and annual income in posts from now on so we know whether to trust what you say. (67 / $12,000)

What's the exchange rate between US dollars and posts nowadays, though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Why did they make a one minute and 18 second video to explain something that A: no one would ever care about and B: is completely explained by the title of the video

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Wise > Kirkhope

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Guy Goodbody posted:

Why did they make a one minute and 18 second video to explain something that A: no one would ever care about and B: is completely explained by the title of the video

They explain the game

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
A: People would care about it

B: I agree it's stupid. They've turned their channel into Laura's Twitter feed.

Kirkhope and Wise are both good. I think Kirkhopes style is probably more appropriate for a Mario or Rabbids game.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Supercar Gautier posted:

Wise > Kirkhope

Both are good though I agree I prefer Wise better.

I'm gonna go really crazy and say I like Jake Kaufman better than both of them :ohdear:

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
I don't know who any of these youtube dorks are but I can't wait to learn more about The Nintendo Switch on January 12th!

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

greatn posted:

I thought he lived in the UK.

The amount of money he's pulling is fine for Alabama. You'll live a life of comfort and have a good house in most cities. Source: I live in Alabama and earn roughly the same amount of money.

I believe it's Mississippi dunno if that changes much though.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Cog05 posted:

Furthermore, Well, I could point out you're comparing the peak results of the Wii U's established hardware versus the new hardware of the Ps4, but I was talking more in terms of gameplay. The Ps4 was when games made the true transition from an attempted emulation of the console experience to a more fully realised idea of console games as an experience meant not just to amuse, but to really sink ones teeth into. Lets compare the way the two consoles approached action games. The Wii U gives us Splatoon - colourful, simple, cartoony. Gaming equivalent of candy. The Ps4 gives us Knack. Artistic, hauntingly beautiful, impactful in the way no game before it could have been. Gamings ambrosia.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

knack 2 will redeem that post

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Libluini posted:

A Boglin is Nilgob backwards

Man, look at Sega. Some more good years like 2016, and they could go back into manufacturing consoles!

Isn't that kind of like saying "Hey frank, you've almost rebuilt your life after your alcoholism wrecked it, let's celebrate by getting wasted this weekend"?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Was this a real post because lol.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

s.i.r.e. posted:

Was this a real post because lol.

No, Fulcrum apparently posted that, but replace Splatoon with Chu Chu Rocket and Knack with ICO

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Please give me diabetes, Nintendo.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

s.i.r.e. posted:

I believe it's Mississippi dunno if that changes much though.

Property values even lower and urge to kill oneself even higher.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

What is happening in this thread

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I like the video game opinions man

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

What is happening in this thread

There's been zero news since the announcement video, and will be no more news until the 12th, so there's nothing to talk about

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
There's been plenty of news. The patents basically spelled out exactly what's in the joycons and dock, lots of games have been leaked, the exact processor has more or less been leaked(though the specifics are still vague and it doesn't quite line up with the need for an internal fan), the type of wifi(good kind) it uses and voltage operation has been found out through the FCC application, virtual console details have leaked. Letails about various ports have been deaked.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

What did the Twilight Princess and Wind Waker HD remakes add?

or is it just straight up a better graphics and new control scheme kind of deal

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

you can climb a bit faster in twilight princess hd

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Fulchrum posted:

Isn't that kind of like saying "Hey frank, you've almost rebuilt your life after your alcoholism wrecked it, let's celebrate by getting wasted this weekend"?

Eh, that doesn't work. Or only if Frank used his alcoholism-powers to build a giant mountain of wealth before drinking most of it away. Most alcoholics don't get so lucky, though. That would be a nice idea, though: Consule producers as mad alcoholics. What kind of drinks would Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo be addicted too, I wonder? And of course Sega before he got clean.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 25 hours!

Erg posted:

WWHD added a Fast Sail that you can buy that will automatically change the wind direction to whatever you are facing as you sail (+ goes faster than the regular's max speed), the Triforce Hunt is shortened drastically (most of the triforce maps you find are now just the piece itself) and the camera is rebalanced so you get the colored version right away and you can hold way more pictures (nine, I think).

Both have some wallet improvements and the texture work is improved.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

greatn posted:

There's been plenty of news. The patents basically spelled out exactly what's in the joycons and dock, lots of games have been leaked, the exact processor has more or less been leaked(though the specifics are still vague and it doesn't quite line up with the need for an internal fan), the type of wifi(good kind) it uses and voltage operation has been found out through the FCC application, virtual console details have leaked. Letails about various ports have been deaked.

But only terrible nerds care about that tech stuff

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Sorry that I care about battery life. I guess that makes me a terrible nerd. Sorry that I am about to throw another 300 dollars to a slightly upgraded wii U that I can take anywhere (again, with poo poo battery life) I guess that makes me a terriblr nerd. Sorry for being a huge supporter of Nintendo all these years and for just once Id like to be more excited for a product they release than just end up with a meh, I guess itll do. sorry in your eyes I am a terrible nerd

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i dont forgive you.

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE
Ya I don't either. Now I hope the switch has 30 minutes max battery life.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Le nerde terribleh

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Erg posted:

In addition to what others have said, WW HD adds the Tingle bottle which allows you to share posts and pictures you take in the game. You'll run into other player's tingle bottles while you play. It's pretty handy for finishing the Nintendo Gallery, since pictures you get from bottles can be used to get figurines.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

a.lo posted:

Sorry that I care about battery life. I guess that makes me a terrible nerd. Sorry that I am about to throw another 300 dollars to a slightly upgraded wii U that I can take anywhere (again, with poo poo battery life) I guess that makes me a terriblr nerd. Sorry for being a huge supporter of Nintendo all these years and for just once Id like to be more excited for a product they release than just end up with a meh, I guess itll do. sorry in your eyes I am a terrible nerd

Waaait a minute. Something tells me you're not actually sorry

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
i loving hate nerds

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I wanna hear some guesses as to what surprises Nintendo will drop on the 12th.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
The entire stream will be leaked an hour before it happens. Surprise!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Jonas Albrecht posted:

VR support and VB VC games.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

HyperPuma posted:

i loving hate nerds
Self loathing, so sad to see

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

the joycons are edible. you can eat them if you want.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Anyone care to guess a price?

It has to be less than $300 or it's insta-fail. Seems that $200 is where they should aim.

But it's Nintendo. $350 and another doomed console.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Bayonetta 3

That would be cool

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

It'll be $300-350 at launch but will drop quickly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

A Star Fox Adventure You Can Take Anywhere

• Locked thread