Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rushi

by Smythe

imma have to get real with you for a sec cause this is baller

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macnult

Rushi posted:

imma have to get real with you for a sec cause this is baller

thanks Rushi :3:

i love playing with ink

Rushi

by Smythe

Macnult posted:

thanks Rushi :3:

i love playing with ink

Like I'm getting kinda crazy jealous about your textures for the leaves, and grass, and the quality of linework in the fence. I've just had an impossible time working loosely with ink while being able to get such a feeling (in my studies I use acrylic/oil).

----------------

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

this is for real beautiful and sorta terrifying

i miss crumpet strumpet and really liked their art

RazzleDazzleHour

Even though it's not finished, I won't be back to the studio until the new year so here's a look at a painting I'm in the middle of working on right now

e:follow the image link to zoom in farther for more detail than you ever thought you would need

RazzleDazzleHour fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Dec 21, 2016

lmbo calrissian

i'm into fashion
men are my passion

playing with my own old art trying to make something new and personal and transformative

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

i was dicking around in my photos looking for something dumb i made a few years ago and found a couple other dumb things i made:

the one above is a single yarn plied with 24 gauge copper wire. it's about 300g total of fiber, including suri alpaca, sari silk waste, shetland wool, superfine cormo wool, and a bunch of glitter and cashmere and faux cashmere (superfine nylon). it was a fun spin. it's going to be used in an art installation i'll finish next year.

this was just to prove that i could spin 2" ufos out of a 1" orifice spinning wheel, and so i did. that's a pound and a half of corriedale and sari silk waste, spun, then supercoiled with UFOs.

Tiberius Thyben

Gone Phishing

Well, I guess since I was brutally betrayed after several hours of hard work by the coward Piso, here is the half finished drawing for the art gulag for your delectation

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Gatekeeper

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

ladybeard mcflurry posted:

this is for real beautiful and sorta terrifying

i miss crumpet strumpet and really liked their art

last few i saw were amazing and belong on cool hipster t-shirts

like that endor one, how is that not on a threadless shirt? i'm tempted to make one myself. i'd wear the heck out of it and im not exactly a "wears star wars shirts" kinda guy

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Gatekeeper posted:

last few i saw were amazing and belong on cool hipster t-shirts

like that endor one, how is that not on a threadless shirt? i'm tempted to make one myself. i'd wear the heck out of it and im not exactly a "wears star wars shirts" kinda guy

exactly. i don't even wear t-shirts because i have a lot of weird hippie poo poo clothes but i would buy a t-shirt to wear with something crumpet strumpet made. i really just want their art in my house because holy gently caress.

(please come back to us, gbs isn't the yob, crumpet strumpet.)

Tiberius Thyben posted:

Well, I guess since I was brutally betrayed after several hours of hard work by the coward Piso, here is the half finished drawing for the art gulag for your delectation

i'm REALLY REALLY SORRY that you were horribly betrayed by the coward, piso mojado (wet floor), but that is amazing work, and i love it.

MrWillsauce

luvcow I still want your art on my walls

Manifisto

MrWillsauce posted:

:same:

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

MrWillsauce posted:

I need to catch up on this thread. There is so much art itt that I would love on my walls. What if we did an art exchange thread where people send a piece out and them receive a piece from someone else?

MrWillsauce

that would be cool, but I can't make anything that anyone would want. I just want to decorate my apartment with cool byob stuff

Manifisto

Luvcow posted:

I need to catch up on this thread. There is so much art itt that I would love on my walls. What if we did an art exchange thread where people send a piece out and them receive a piece from someone else?

I would be provisionally up for that but I'd be concerned that whatever I did wouldn't be up to the caliber of the real artists. what I'm saying is, people would need to have . . . um, moderate expectations

Gatekeeper

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

made myself a lil owl friend the other day :3: he's brave and nice and good, like a friend is supposed to be

Gatekeeper

im still workin on this, i was upset with it for a while but i think it's lookin ok now. my friend Julie found a canvas covered in thick globs of bad art lying beside some trash and she brought it home to me and said "hey maybe you can get this paint off and use it for yourself, since these things are kinda expensive." its 18x24in so yeah, they're not super cheap for poor ppl like me. i used hand sanitizer and a Swiss army knife to get a lot of the paint off but it was still pretty messy, but i figured i would try my best to paint a thing for Julie. she loves audrey from twin peaks and i like painting audrey from twin peaks so it seemed like an obvious solution.

her face is pretty busted, and if i were audrey i'd be offended by this, but i already wasted a lot of time and paint lol so im going with the sunk cost fallacy on this one and finishing the drat thing

Gatekeeper

as some of you may know, your ol' postin pal gatekeeper has a severe case of the busted headmeats and spends a not-insignificant amount of time in group therapy. recently the hospital department was hosting a breakfast fundraiser to convince local upper west side bigshots to donate money to help sadbrain fuckups like myself become goodbrain fuckdowns who get their poo poo together. we were asked to decorate these small wooden plaque things with nice motivational/inspirational messages to be hung upon the walls whilst the fat cats were pried with bagels and lox. a lot of them were things like "today all of my problems have solutions" or "i like the me i am becoming". i thought this coheed & cambria lyric was kind of inspirational so i made this thing. it reminds me of a cake. after the fundraiser, i took mine home. i posted it on facebook and a friend offered me $40 for it! merry Xmas to me!!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

gatekeeper, i love your owl friend and i would totally pay you to make me a tiny owl friend for really real sometime if you're up for it.

luvcow, i love every one of your mousies and your latest bun in the duckie-piso thread was excellent. same goes, i would love your art on my walls.

i would actually love a little bit of every byob art on my walls and in some cases in tattoos. i don't do much in the way of drawing or painting because i'm pretty terrible at it, i generally make things with fiber and dye. i spin and weave, i'm not sure people will even want my stuff in an exchange for drawings.

this is what i worked on today art-wise. i'm spinning some bluefaced leicester/tussah silk from a three feet of sheep pack i got last year at tnna. it's going to be plied together in 12 individual colors and then these will all be added to a tapestry that currently has 24 colors in the work.

my other wheels all have either icelandic and mohair lace on them or a corriedale silk blend for the tapestry to do cording along the edges.

DavidAlltheTime

All David...all the TIME!
Your spinning is beautiful, ladybeard. My wife has that same spinning wheel I think and I love to watch her work at it. It seems a soothing task.

bean mom

rushi can i get you to draw a hedgehog and maybe a sloth too

they're my favorite critters and i would love em

----------------

DavidAlltheTime

All David...all the TIME!

MrWillsauce

luvcow please email me at mrwillsauce@gmail.com if you are still willing to send me some of your wonderful art. i really wanna compensate you though

FluffieDuckie

that kitty needs a snack asap

also maybe some pets

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Rushi

by Smythe

Zyla posted:

rushi can i get you to draw a hedgehog and maybe a sloth too

they're my favorite critters and i would love em

Ill try whenever I'm home :3:

----------------

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

DavidAlltheTime posted:

Your spinning is beautiful, ladybeard. My wife has that same spinning wheel I think and I love to watch her work at it. It seems a soothing task.

thanks! it's nice to hear from people that i make nice yarn, it's a big confidence boost for me. that's my ashford wee peggy; it's #3 out of 16 that they made, so if your wife has the same one we should high five! i taught at the store that sold all 16. :D i have an unknowable number of other wheels, it is embarrassing.

this is what i did this morning:

my friend wants 12 mini-skeins of this BFL/silk that is dyed in different shades. that's roughly a laceweight 2-ply, rustic spun because of the bockety rear end fiber prep. i'm not super happy with it, but she is, so whatever. i've got 9 more skeins to spin and ply, then wash and set, and then send them off in a cake box.

that kitty needs and wants and deserves your love plus whatever chicken you are eating right now immediately give it to the catte.

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

I don't generally post drawings at this point in the process, but I haven't posted anything in a while.

Robot Made of Meat

ladybeard mcflurry posted:

thanks! it's nice to hear from people that i make nice yarn, it's a big confidence boost for me. that's my ashford wee peggy; it's #3 out of 16 that they made, so if your wife has the same one we should high five! i taught at the store that sold all 16. :D i have an unknowable number of other wheels, it is embarrassing.

this is what i did this morning:

my friend wants 12 mini-skeins of this BFL/silk that is dyed in different shades. that's roughly a laceweight 2-ply, rustic spun because of the bockety rear end fiber prep. i'm not super happy with it, but she is, so whatever. i've got 9 more skeins to spin and ply, then wash and set, and then send them off in a cake box.

that kitty needs and wants and deserves your love plus whatever chicken you are eating right now immediately give it to the catte.
The pictures you post of what you make are very lovely, ladybeard, and it's good that it makes you and others happy! :)

Robot Made of Meat fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Jan 1, 2017

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Robot Made of Meat

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

I don't generally post drawings at this point in the process, but I haven't posted anything in a while.

I like this! (but then, I like most of your art.)

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Manifisto

excellent . . . it reminds me of something

oh yeah, your art

Gatekeeper

i always worry about doin portraits of ppl because i'm afraid it won't be flattering and they will be offended, but my bud Allie asked me to do one and i actually really like it :D the agreed upon transaction was portrait for cannolis and i think i'll definitely be getting the cannolis

Salmiakki

this is really good! reminds me of e.v. pavlov by ilya repin

i havent been postin much recently, sorry... but i've been drawing pretty much every day while i've been gone. heres two pieces im very proud of that i finished near the end of 2016

^imgur turnin this into a jpg, as per usual

https://twitter.com/sallymiakki
ty cat dynamite

vanisher

Really nice!!

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

Android Blues

this is fanart but its one of the better things ive done lately and i wanted to share this warm feeling of progress with my friends in byob. i feel like im coming along from what i was doing a year ago and its nice how art sneaks up on you like that

Macnult

Android Blues posted:

this is fanart but its one of the better things ive done lately and i wanted to share this warm feeling of progress with my friends in byob. i feel like im coming along from what i was doing a year ago and its nice how art sneaks up on you like that

looks great!

Macnult

Rushi

by Smythe
oh my gosh i need to remember hedgehog i'm sorry :(

I've been working on bird shapes cause cute birds are pretty popular atm

Only registered members can see post attachments!

----------------

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Rushi posted:

peep! i love it!

that's awesome

Android Blues posted:

this is really pretty and if you hadn't told me, i probably wouldn't have known it was fanart (hello from under a rock).

this week i made some excellent grey shetland yarn, and then i knit a tiny hat for a new human being. i followed someone else's pattern and i dislike the prescribed crown decreases and bind-off; it left a wee nipple on the top. i'm currently in fuzzy pom pon negotiations with the parents to be, who are team No Furry Balls.

hat:

yarn:

Manifisto

Rushi posted:

tiny birb good birb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

I think it's done?

• Locked thread