Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

ZenVulgarity posted:

He's better than luke. :(

Luke would be a decent placeholder in your reb squad until you get wedge

Dont 7 star him though

ZenVulgarity posted:

I have been spending all my crystals on being able to get more shards so idk what else you want me to do there????????????

He's saying ships suck. Whether or not you agree, Tarkin isn't great outside of the admiral role, and there aren't enough empire ships for him to synergize with right now anyway.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Dec 30, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Chilichimp posted:

Luke would be a decent placeholder in your reb squad until you get wedge

Dont 7 star him though

What about gearing these bad nerds

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

ZenVulgarity posted:

What about gearing these bad nerds

Gearing to GVIII is pretty easy (generally speaking). And you can get most of your useful toons* to that point and then switch to someone else.

STH and Biggs, take them to GXI, wedge too once you get him.

*- poo poo you use in Arena, GW, Credit Heist, raids, etc.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Dely Apple posted:

Man, I remember making that ridiculous sidious picture in the OP years ago. But now I have a nice tablet and can play this again, because I hate myself! Who wants to call me a bad person and also be my friend or guildie? 416-563-476. :coffeepal:

https://swgoh.gg/u/delyapple/collection/ proves I am bad and chose the wrong people. Ages ago.

I sent you an ally/guild invite if you want to join my very new fledgling guild. I'm currently trying to get new people in on the official forums, I made a post here but as I suspected there was no interest because everyone here is already in a goon guild. Still it's only about a day old and we are four right now, but if anyone has advice on the best way to get a new guild up and running I'm all ears.

571-766-648 Cactusfly in-game.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
Lol, with ships on auto, JC will try to heal TFP's shields...

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Malgrin posted:

Lol, with ships on auto, JC will try to heal TFP's shields...

Yup. It's the reason I don't use ITF anymore.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

Yup. It's the reason I don't use ITF anymore.

But the ship is so loving amazing. I got poo poo on by an imperial fleet, they had 4 left (2-3 were out of shields, and one was at less than half health), and I just had ITF. He killed all but one of them, and that was really close. I've got a nearly max TFP, and his ship is 5* level 80, and he just dodges a ton, giving Ackbar TM, which gets TFP to shoot more times (including assists), which grants him shields, and it's all just insane.

Also Tarkin is really, really good in ships. You just need a decent dark side team with Darth Vader. So...uh...get on that already.

e: I should clarify, I'm still running AA as admiral because I have a lot of synergy there. My whole strategy is based around Biggs, TFP, and FOTP. FOTP and TFP pretty much do the most damage in the game. I also run Ahsoka and JC main, with RP and GS as backups. FOTP and TFP are pretty fast, and usually go fast. One of them usually lands me a Target Lock, which usually gets me a taunt (when Biggs isn't being buggy). From there I just clean up.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Dec 31, 2016

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Malgrin posted:

But the ship is so loving amazing. I got poo poo on by an imperial fleet, they had 4 left (2-3 were out of shields, and one was at less than half health), and I just had ITF. He killed all but one of them, and that was really close. I've got a nearly max TFP, and his ship is 5* level 80, and he just dodges a ton, giving Ackbar TM, which gets TFP to shoot more times (including assists), which grants him shields, and it's all just insane.

Also Tarkin is really, really good in ships. You just need a decent dark side team with Darth Vader. So...uh...get on that already.

Eh, My ships squad is biggs centric, which means I use Consular. On defense, consular + ITF will lose close games.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
ships suck. Biggs taunt doesn't work half the time. I run Mace with 5s, Biggs, Resistance Xwing, JC, and GS. Fish for target locks with the first 3 attacks (5s, Biggs, RP) to land a big mace AOE.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Jerkface posted:

ships suck. Biggs taunt doesn't work half the time. I run Mace with 5s, Biggs, Resistance Xwing, JC, and GS. Fish for target locks with the first 3 attacks (5s, Biggs, RP) to land a big mace AOE.

I've noticed that as a fight works it's way on... yea... his taunt won't always trigger.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

I just can't summon enough interest in ship fights to not put them on auto and go do something else for five minutes. I wish they had just given us ten or so new characters in the main game instead of these boring protracted fights.

Numismancer
Sep 15, 2004

by sebmojo
I started killing time with this over the holidays while doing Eve crap, gods help me. I'd like a guild invite on Numismancer - https://swgoh.gg/u/numismancer/ and 244698367 for Ally code. Thanks!

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Numismancer posted:

I started killing time with this over the holidays while doing Eve crap, gods help me. I'd like a guild invite on Numismancer - https://swgoh.gg/u/numismancer/ and 244698367 for Ally code. Thanks!

I sent you an invite. If you'd rather join a larger established guild that's understandable. You would be our sixth member.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

FOR THE LOVE OF gently caress PLEASE DROP ROYAL GUARD SHARDS JSJAKSHKHSKHSKVS

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Numismancer posted:

Pm sent, because we are old dear friends.... it looks like you are too low level for igd, but get a dude to 7* and we can chat

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Numismancer posted:

You play Eve ane decided to play this game too? You just like making bad decisions in life.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

waah posted:

You play Eve ane decided to play this game too? You just like making bad decisions in life.

Clarification. He plays -this- game while "playing" Eve, because Eve is so engaging, he has to play a phone game during the down-time.

This is like back in Everquest when they added a gems game you could play while your party was forming for some dungeon.

Whitey Snipes
Nov 30, 2004

I'm thinking about spending some of my saved up crystals on ships, is the single fleet shipment the better option since it doesn't come with crew or is the megapack better? I probably won't do it anyway but I'm still curious.

Chilichimp posted:

Clarification. He plays -this- game while "playing" Eve, because Eve is so engaging, he has to play a phone game during the down-time.

EVE owns bones, fighting with the Russians back in 2007 was some of the most fun I've ever had in a game, although I've got no idea what's happening nowadays.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

HOW THE gently caress HAS THIS ONE ZONE NOT DROPPED ONE SINGLE ROYAL GUARD SHARD gently caress

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Chilichimp posted:

This is like back in Everquest when they added a gems game you could play while your party was forming for some dungeon.

To be fair, he actually barely logs into EVE, he is the leader of the goon org in EVE.

I also used to play EVE a bunch, and actually got elected as an internet spaceship politician with him (he is The Mittani in game) and got flown to Iceland a couple times a year for a few years.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

I think I was unemployed during the brief time I tried eve for, and I still had the thought "I don't have time for this."

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Cactus posted:

I just can't summon enough interest in ship fights to not put them on auto and go do something else for five minutes. I wish they had just given us ten or so new characters in the main game instead of these boring protracted fights.

This so much. I wouldn't mind if they didn't take so goddamn long but holy poo poo what a slog every battle is.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
Huh, I spent the past month (except for during double drops in cantina) trying to get 5* crit set speed arrows. One dropped yesterday and one dropped today. The first was a white, but still had 650 protection and 40 offense as an added bonus. The other got 3.5% crit, 600 protection, and 250 health. While I still don't have the speed secondaries I want, I think it's time to farm B2 then Aayla.

Side note: there's a new arena comp called TiT, or TI timeout. GK lead, Zeta Barriss, Aayla, Fives, B2. It will be my goal after GK to gear, level, and star all of them (at least Barriss and Fives are already G9).

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Malgrin posted:

Huh, I spent the past month (except for during double drops in cantina) trying to get 5* crit set speed arrows. One dropped yesterday and one dropped today. The first was a white, but still had 650 protection and 40 offense as an added bonus. The other got 3.5% crit, 600 protection, and 250 health. While I still don't have the speed secondaries I want, I think it's time to farm B2 then Aayla.

Side note: there's a new arena comp called TiT, or TI timeout. GK lead, Zeta Barriss, Aayla, Fives, B2. It will be my goal after GK to gear, level, and star all of them (at least Barriss and Fives are already G9).

...GK?

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?

General Kenobi, the guy who doesn't exist yet to 99.9% of the GoH population

edit: Also I did not realise that not only did Barriss get a Zeta but her unique got buffed. Why don't they list these in-game anymore, I stopped checking the official forums months ago because of how awful they are but I'm missing things like that now

oops wrong forum fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Dec 31, 2016

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Chilichimp posted:

Oh i know all about playing another game while you play EvE. Spent way too long playing that stupid game so now I spend my time hating on people who play still.

If I still was single with gobs of free time I would play the gently caress out of EvE

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy
Can you beat the 3rd speed mod challenge with just rey/finn/poe? If so, what lvl do they need to be? The composite power number is fine as an estimate.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

fishtobaskets posted:

Can you beat the 3rd speed mod challenge with just rey/finn/poe? If so, what lvl do they need to be? The composite power number is fine as an estimate.

you need all 5 toons at 5*

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

oops wrong forum posted:

edit: Also I did not realise that not only did Barriss get a Zeta but her unique got buffed. Why don't they list these in-game anymore, I stopped checking the official forums months ago because of how awful they are but I'm missing things like that now

The "cool" thing about Bariss' zeta (+20% health recover for everyone if they get critted) is that it persists after she dies.

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

:unsmith:

Numismancer posted:

Sent you an ally invite, ever stuck on a node? Borrow one of my characters :)

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Hahaha there are people in my arena who have seven star characters like Landon at level 42 what the gently caress

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Davethulhu posted:

The "cool" thing about Bariss' zeta (+20% health recover for everyone if they get critted) is that it persists after she dies.

Which, if this were any other game, would clearly be a bug. :v:

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013

Jerkface posted:

I also love when you get a lovely camera angle and literally can't select the target you want. Mashing the screen as time ticks by to no avail.

[e] Also RPs main attack is bugged and doesn't even try to expose target locked opponents like it says it does.

Boozie fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Jan 1, 2017

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
I just set ship battles to auto and leave it running for a few minutes whilst I do something else. What I'm saying is I need a second phone with a second toilet break game on it to play now.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

fishtobaskets posted:

Definitely max Rey and give her badass speed mods. You need all 5 heroes to 5*, but you really only need 2-3 geared/starred. I had g10 Rey, g10 Poe, and g8 RP all around level 75-80, 7*, while RT and Finn were 5*, level 70, and g7/g8. It will take a couple runs probably for your extras to survive.

oops wrong forum posted:

Yeah, you miss all the good stuff if you don't read the forums...
Anyways, a super tanky jedi/clone team with GK in the lead is nearly unbeatable. It's quite gross.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Aleth posted:

I just set ship battles to auto and leave it running for a few minutes whilst I do something else. What I'm saying is I need a second phone with a second toilet break game on it to play now.

I can't help but wonder if they have internal stats and can see how many people do this, and whether or not it is a significant percentage of players, or if we're just pedantic moaners.

it can be both

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

I decided to call it quits with this game, which means there's an open spot in IGD.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Is anyone else not getting the daily login screen or is it just me?

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Good lord how much money did some of these people spend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

ZenVulgarity posted:

Good lord how much money did some of these people spend

Cancer research and the NSPCC don't want to know...

e: in-case it wasn't implicit enough this post is also a self-own.

A cellphone.

Cactus fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Jan 1, 2017