Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

spacetoaster posted:

I had to pause downloading STAR CITIZEN because it only downloads at a full 5mps and now nobody in my house can watch netflix or whatever.

I'll finish the download later. :(

It doesn't just download at maximum speed. It sends out hundreds of connection requests, drowning out your network so that nothing else can even connect. And they've been doing it for years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Hav posted:

I lost my daughter this year.

I'm so sorry dude :(

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Yes, but it won't be Pay2Win.

Just Pay2Fly/Shoot, right?

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Hav posted:

I lost my daughter this year.

:sympathy:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

spacetoaster posted:

I had to pause downloading STAR CITIZEN because it only downloads at a full 5mps and now nobody in my house can watch netflix or whatever.

Takes me 4 days to download it for this reason, it just kills all internet in the house for every device :thumbsup:

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

peter gabriel posted:

Takes me 4 days to download it for this reason, it just kills all internet in the house for every device :thumbsup:

Citizens put their Star Duty beyond the needs of anything else commando o7 !

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Hav posted:

I lost my daughter this year. Can't go in her room still. It's an ELE for most marriages, but I think we're gonna be okay. Hang in there. It sucks forever, but the grief comes in waves, and they get smaller and less frequent with time.

Sorry for you and yours. Hope the marriage is able to hang tough! Not even sure what I could offer to do to help you out, but, should you have any ideas, feel free to holler at me, okay? Seriously. I solemnly swear not to doxx you, your parents, or anyone even in your neighborhood.

Same goes for you too, Dapper Don, okay? Don't let those slacks uncrease.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

IncredibleIgloo posted:

Citizens put their Star Duty beyond the needs of anything else commando o7 !

For me it gets paused if I want to do anything online so it's bottom of the pile by quite some way

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

spacetoaster posted:

Starcode 1.0 AWS will fix everything!

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

This is good.

Ashye
Jul 29, 2013

The Titanic posted:

They are in the "mega transaction" model currently. A single DLC ship could cost as much as several AAA games. Sometimes dozens of them.

There is no end in sight because this is the income system. The game going live where people can spend in game money to buy ships with will be the end of the money train. Or they will make things hideous to earn, like $70 real money for a single missile, and this is logical.

When they announce a pricing system for in game ship purchases, it'll be a hell fire no matter what side of the line you're on.

A: "The cost of this ship is bullshit, I'm not playing this poo poo game for 200 hours before I can upgrade my Aurora to a 300i or Freelancer or something."

B: "This is bullshit and I want a refund now because I spent $x on this ship somebody can earn in 5 hours of playing!"

They've killed any hope of the game having any iota of fun natural progression. Basically once the greed set in, the game was essentially doomed. CIG is nothing if not the greediest corporation in gaming these days. Even EA will at least deliver a product to you that's in a functional state, and in a relatively timely fashion.

This realization and the fact they keep kicking any progress down the road gives you that gut feeling that they know how bad this is and are trying to find any way out.
TOS changes, engine switches feel like ways for them to toss their hands up and tell the faithful 'welp golly gee, we sure tried and it didn't work! Bye!'

And to everyone who's lost anyone this year I send :sympathy:
It's been just about one year since I went to check on my father and found him dead on the floor. F the holidays.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Regrettable posted:

Has anyone said buttcoin yet?

Buttcoin is a far better "investment" than ship jpegs.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

CrazyLoon posted:

Felt like chiming in, so sorry to every regular of this thread that's suffered loss in this absolutely lovely year.

Hopefully 2017 brings a bit more cheer...like CIG's ELE finally happening.

:same: on the condolences with people's losses.

I have to disagree about wanting the ELE in 2017, because I feel like a year-long flameout would be more entertaining than a quick extinction.

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

It doesn't just download at maximum speed. It sends out hundreds of connection requests, drowning out your network so that nothing else can even connect. And they've been doing it for years.

since it was a little girl...

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

DapperDon posted:

Good. That delusional fuckface that spent $11k on a videogame deserves every single insult we can throw at him AND his ridiculous red loving hair. I have gotten more laughs out of watching him suffer trying to play space shootyman with a broken game for so long now trying to imagine it is a real game that I was a little worried that once the Space Marine thing happened that I would lose out on that entertainment. Then the wallhack cheat happened and seeing the new heights that WTFO has melted down because the game he waited so long for has been robbed from him is loving priceless. So I guess the real MVP here is the goon that wrote the cheat from Wallhacks. Thank you for giving us all the gift that will keep on giving. Yeah, the salt harvest will be even more bountiful than ever as soon as they find a way to start snyping their chariots too.

Just wait, it's about to get a lot better

Also, to you and Hav, sorry for your losses. Dealing with loss over the holidays is tough, to say the least. Stick with it and know feeling sadness and grief is just as much a part of being human as being happy is.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Well, it's 2017 here. Can't wait for fresh gently caress-ups.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/815302314680524800

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/815302664414261248

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/815302913610383368

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/815303852178206720

D_Smart fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Dec 31, 2016

Richie Stardust
Mar 30, 2016

This Gary would like to welcome you to page 300 of this Star Citizen thread.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

:laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo:

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

D...D...Derek?

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
Even the Warlord has Game Developper valour.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Oh God the cognitive dissonance required when someone has to agree with Derek...

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Derek has forgotten more about trolling than anyone of us will ever know

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Wuxi posted:

:grin:

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
heh nice touch Uncle D - a year ending troll sausage encased in a sheath of moral goodness

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

Sappo569 posted:

D...D...Derek?

Right now, the heads of hundreds of Shitizens are madly spinning, trying to resolve this into their vision of the universe, and failing miserably )

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

his nibs posted:

heh nice touch Uncle D - a year ending troll sausage encased in a sheath of moral goodness

Yeah, it's a Section 8, inverse-reverse trolling adverse engagement. It's a rare move that only ancients have mastered.

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

Maybe we're not just a bunch of frak-ups after all.

Wuxi posted:

To you it was the sickest burn you have ever known. To Derek, it was Tuesday.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Double Agent posted:

To you it was the sickest burn you have ever known. To Derek, it was Tuesday.
Derek'd better check his system clock, then.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

SelenicMartian posted:

Derek'd better check his system clock, then.

NTP uses Derek as its source.

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot
https://www.twitch.tv/wtfosaurus/v/111170193?t=02h29m47s

WTFOMADASAURUS

watch it for a bit, it's worth it, also chat

nawledgelambo fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Dec 31, 2016

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

I for one am sickened and heartbroken to hear him use the term "retarded."

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

nawledgelambo posted:

https://www.twitch.tv/wtfosaurus/v/111170193?t=02h29m47s

WTFOMADASAURUS

watch it for a bit, it's worth it, also chat

Besides him looking like he hates every second of trying to play this... I keep getting surprised just how dull and generic this all looks.

They even have the flickering lights in a darkened grey corridor, it's the year 5000 something do they seriously still have flickering bulb lights? Ffffffffff

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Back on 300, anyone remember who I am at all? :(

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

ZenMaster posted:

Back on 300, anyone remember who I am at all? :(

Ryan Archer's Legacy

JugbandDude
Jul 19, 2016

Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun

Shine on you crazy diamond!
It's page 300 and we could have an awesome troll post frim kikkelivelho about Derek and his 300 fighting to the last man, hence losing to Crobblers and his legions of fanatics

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
When Donald met Derek

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/815324203201232897

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

https://twitter.com/LPFUCKHEAD420/status/815325036764602369

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU