Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that

The Colonel posted:

space dandy's dub rules, actually

I thought that one was recorded in english first, then dubbed into japanese.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Pavlov posted:

I thought that one was recorded in english first, then dubbed into japanese.

both tracks were recorded at the same time

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Konosuba and Re:Zero are the same doncha know

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
aqua > emilia

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

The Colonel posted:

aqua > emilia

no question

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Yxt_ThS4fo

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I don't remember anything about Subaru being a NEET or whatever, him being from real world just seemed like a shortcut to justify a touchstone inner voice.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

He's basically a hikki

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i mean i definitely am not an emilia fan, but she's barely in the show to have as much relevance as aqua.

kater posted:

I don't remember anything about Subaru being a NEET or whatever, him being from real world just seemed like a shortcut to justify a touchstone inner voice.

i remember reading a bit somewhere about how the very brief scene of him before being transported had some tells. right now the most i can remember is him going out to shop in the middle of the night and kinda sneering at a couple? both seem pretty in line with what a depressed NEET might be up to. he does check his phone too, so maybe what we see him look at there says more (no friends? what his messages are? etc).

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

I think he says it a couple times outright

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
he literally breaks down into tears about it when he talks with rem

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

The Colonel posted:

space dandy's dub rules, actually

One Punch Man came out alright too.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Oh yeah I'm gonna need someone to count the votes on Jan 8th, when voting closes

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Here's what I know about Re:Zero

It's perfect, faultless, my AOTY for sure

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

lewd

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Namtab posted:

Oh yeah I'm gonna need someone to count the votes on Jan 8th, when voting closes

I can.

I hope the poster that did those great radar graphs can do that again with the raw data.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

AnacondaHL posted:

I can.

I hope the poster that did those great radar graphs can do that again with the raw data.

Good avatar.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
Something I always find interesting in these threads is that in order to really dislike something, you needed to have given it a chance. The "objective" worst of the year is probably always some cheap garbage that doesn't get pushed even by the company that made them, but nobody bothered with the 20 minutes a week it takes to keep up with lame anime either so they don't get votes.

I say this because I googled that bear show, and wow it really does look cute. :(

mycot fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Jan 1, 2017

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

El Burbo posted:

Konosuba and Re:Zero are the same doncha know

"These shows have NOTHING in common!"

mycot posted:

Something I always find interesting in these threads is that in order to really dislike something, you needed to have given it a chance.

But you're still not allowed to mildly dislike something. All love or all hate all the way.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Ranzear posted:

"These shows have NOTHING in common!"

This discussion has played its course

Please stop

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

a kitten posted:

Good avatar.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

AnacondaHL posted:

I can.

what radar graphs are you talking about btw?

RME
Feb 20, 2012

DisDisDis posted:

Here's what I know about Re:Zero

It's perfect, faultless, my AOTY for sure

i cant argue

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I can't seem to find the actual drat charts, but it looks like it was Lucy Heartfilia who did the totals in both best and worst threads last year.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Erg posted:

what radar graphs are you talking about btw?

Ah I found it, it was Fangz in my KyoAni voting thread who made statistical visualizations

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3736714&pagenumber=7&perpage=40#post449069132

e.g.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

mycot posted:

Something I always find interesting in these threads is that in order to really dislike something, you needed to have given it a chance. The "objective" worst of the year is probably always some cheap garbage that doesn't get pushed even by the company that made them, but nobody bothered with the 20 minutes a week it takes to keep up with lame anime either so they don't get votes.

I say this because I googled that bear show, and wow it really does look cute. :(

That's why there's a "most avoided" category, to see what got the most notoriety by word-of-mouth.

Preliminary vote count looks good so far. There's a nice battle for the top, especially if you combine the Top 3 and the Most Avoided votes together (as sort of a "this show got hype, people watched, then were most disgusted about it to convince others not to watch it" category).

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

yes, the anti-kumamiko front was very successful. luckily it got to start right from episode 1 and only more ammo piled up after

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

AnacondaHL posted:

Ah I found it, it was Fangz in my KyoAni voting thread who made statistical visualizations

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3736714&pagenumber=7&perpage=40#post449069132

e.g.

woah @ Burbo still being the wildest rear end

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

AnacondaHL posted:

e.g.

Wow this doesn't work on dark theme at all.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

GorfZaplen posted:

woah @ Burbo still being the wildest rear end

I guess it's just mild now

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

That was before PotU disappeared off the face of the earth forever.....

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

We lost a lot of good posters in 2016. Never forget

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Three Cookies, the rear end av buyer, the lum buyer

*crosses self*

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

mycot posted:

I didn't want a thread of peep complaining about things they didn't watch. There's nothing interesting about running this without the three ep test rule because otherwise it's just people listing the lolicon/incest shows and saying "yeah those are the worst". Which is true objectively, but that's not good conversation.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

How are you going to know something is dogshit if you haven't watched it. It's very reliable hearsay when others tell you so, but it's not something you actually know to be true.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I don't see the point of hating a show unless you watch the whole thing. If you have it in you to stop you should just do that.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

kater posted:

I don't see the point of hating a show unless you watch the whole thing. If you have it in you to stop you should just do that.

There's some shows where you don't have to watch a thing, and most shows you can tell early on. Why sink 12 eps worth of time into something you don't like after 3

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Namtab posted:

Why sink 12 eps worth of time into something you don't like after 3

Sorry this is too existential for me to parse.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

If you get to and finish the final episode before deciding you hate the show, you don't hate the show.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Someone didn't watch Rokka no Yusha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
I have much stronger feelings against a show I tried to enjoy and justify through an entire cour than something that just disinterested me after a cursory watch. that's why the alternate title of the thread is "most disappointing."

• Locked thread