Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Opened 5 more 3 dollar containers, got a Warspite and an Arizona :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timmy Horsey
Dec 13, 2012

After 5 $3 Crates of nothing but camo and flags, I decided to get Sharnhorst before I sink myself even deeper in this gambling hole. It has been weeks since I've seen a supercontainer and I guess WG was nice enough to carry that bad luck streak to my Christmas crates :negative:

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Gaede seems pretty sweet.

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

rex rabidorum vires posted:

3 games. 3 losses. Top XP in every game. Had a pub flat out tell me he didn't care about trying to win/cap. He just liked to sail around and shoot things :suicide:

That's pretty much what the infamous WARBEASTY says in matches. He only cares about doing damage, not winning. I guess it's how he justifies that ~35%.

Sun Wu Kampf posted:

I just wish the concealment wasn't so bad. Overall it's still better than the T-22.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Sun Wu Kampf posted:

Wait till you get to the z-23, hory shet.

Also the Z-46 is surprisingly good at shooting down planes for some reason.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

El Disco posted:

That's pretty much what the infamous WARBEASTY says in matches. He only cares about doing damage, not winning. I guess it's how he justifies that ~35%.

These were the kids I loving hated in school the most. Get a project with them and forget it.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Took the Warspite for a spin, holy crap this thing is a turd. The Bayern outdoes it in pretty much every way.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Well, finished off the Leander, and moved on to the Fiji. I must say I rather like the ship. 53k in my first game, 109k in my second, with my captain still retraining for both. Scored a Kraken during that second game too - not that this saved it from being a loss.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!

Sun Wu Kampf posted:

Took the Warspite for a spin, holy crap this thing is a turd. The Bayern outdoes it in pretty much every way.

This is not my opinion. It turns a bit better, it has a better heal, and it is WAY more accurate.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

El Disco posted:

Having WARBEASTY on your team generally means that you don't have a CV and the other team might as well have a Hakuryu. It's an absolute nightmare in a DD.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Blindeye posted:

This is not my opinion. It turns a bit better, it has a better heal, and it is WAY more accurate.

It also gets citadelled by CRUISERS.

OSad
Feb 29, 2012
I do wonder if it's better to buy the Warspite right now on discount or wait for the Mutsu. No chance of buying a Tirpitz with the brutal T8 matchmaking nowadays.

JacksLibido
Jul 21, 2004

OSad posted:

I do wonder if it's better to buy the Warspite right now on discount or wait for the Mutsu. No chance of buying a Tirpitz with the brutal T8 matchmaking nowadays.

Tirpitz still does alright, though it's pretty well outclassed by the Bismarck. I wouldn't buy the Warspite at all, it used to be a decent BB in the beginning, but power creep has not been kind to it at all.

MikeC
Jul 19, 2004
BITCH ASS NARC

Heartcatch posted:

Having WARBEASTY on your team generally means that you don't have a CV and the other team might as well have a Hakuryu. It's an absolute nightmare in a DD.

Please tell me who is WARBEASTY

MikeC
Jul 19, 2004
BITCH ASS NARC

JacksLibido posted:

Tirpitz still does alright, though it's pretty well outclassed by the Bismarck. I wouldn't buy the Warspite at all, it used to be a decent BB in the beginning, but power creep has not been kind to it at all.

Torpedes for secondaries is a good trade off if you get uptiered IMO

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

MikeC posted:

https://na.warships.today/player/1001205971/WARBEASTY

The fact that he hid his stats tells you all you need to know.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

MikeC posted:

A legendary player.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

MikeC posted:

An utterly infamous player who has been playing since game start, and plays(played? Haven't seen him in a while) high tier carriers a LOT. And when someone can only manage a 35% W/R when mostly playing a Hakuryu - back before all the nerfs at that, you know there are issues.

MikeC
Jul 19, 2004
BITCH ASS NARC

Astroniomix posted:

https://na.warships.today/player/1001205971/WARBEASTY

The fact that he hid his stats tells you all you need to know.

come on, this has to be a troll. You have to actively try to have a sub 700 WTR

edit: I mean I was and still am REALLY BAD at this game and my WTR was never sub 900

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man
410,757,864,530 SHELLS FIRED

Sun Wu Kampf posted:

It also gets citadelled by CRUISERS.

So can the New Mexico if it gets too close to a Myoukou. :supaburn:

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

MikeC posted:

come on, this has to be a troll. You have to actively try to have a sub 700 WTR

edit: I mean I was and still am REALLY BAD at this game and my WTR was never sub 900

You've never played World of Tanks, have you.

MikeC
Jul 19, 2004
BITCH ASS NARC

Rorac posted:

You've never played World of Tanks, have you.

No, the only reason why I started playing this game was because of the Bismarck and now the with them making the Graf Spee, that too. Huge history nerd

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

Yeah. That WARBEASTY guy isn't trolling as far as I know. There are people playing these games that are so incredibly terrible that they stretch belief, and yet clearly are trying their absolute best.

I recall one person in WOT that had played over 1200 games. He had made some 70-odd kills in those games. Or a kill rate of roughly one in every 20 games.

In fact, I just checked the WOT thread for his name. http://www.noobmeter.com/player/eu/danieldabel/511003679/

Now he has over 6500 battles played, only does 162 damage on average, and a kill rate of about 1 every 4 games. That's after about 5000 more games of experience. Some people are just loving BAD at these games.

Wicaeed
Feb 8, 2005
Welp, 5 more $3 containers + Flamu vid and I'm looking at a brand new Tirpitz + Marblehead + 25 dragon flags + some camo.

So yeah.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Rorac posted:

Yeah. That WARBEASTY guy isn't trolling as far as I know. There are people playing these games that are so incredibly terrible that they stretch belief, and yet clearly are trying their absolute best.

I recall one person in WOT that had played over 1200 games. He had made some 70-odd kills in those games. Or a kill rate of roughly one in every 20 games.

In fact, I just checked the WOT thread for his name. http://www.noobmeter.com/player/eu/danieldabel/511003679/

Now he has over 6500 battles played, only does 162 damage on average, and a kill rate of about 1 every 4 games. That's after about 5000 more games of experience. Some people are just loving BAD at these games.

At least he's improving?

We had one guy over in Steel Ocean who was legendarily awful but spent all his time playing the game all the time, and about a year on, he's actually pretty good and dangerous, if annoying.

OSad
Feb 29, 2012
Bought three more 3$ boxes before the year ends, just hoping for any sort of decent credit grinder like people are getting in droves.

90 days of premium, 40 premium camos. Just... happy new year, Wargaming employees.

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

Night10194 posted:

At least he's improving?

We had one guy over in Steel Ocean who was legendarily awful but spent all his time playing the game all the time, and about a year on, he's actually pretty good and dangerous, if annoying.

Don't get me wrong, that represents a marked improvement in performance, and good on him for improving. It's just a bit boggling to my mind, because (and I said as much in the original thread about it), I can't see how getting one kill every 20 games, doing that little damage, etc, is fun at all. I would've quit long, long before that if that had been the case with me.

JacksLibido
Jul 21, 2004

MikeC posted:

Torpedes for secondaries is a good trade off if you get uptiered IMO

Mmmm I'd rather have 10k secondaries. The torps are ok, but you're not as fast and nimble as a Gneis so the chances of you getting close enough to a FDG or Iowa to torp them are slim. Though, I don't like torps on any of the BBs, they're a trap to get you way too close and broadside.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Did another based flamu roll, Sims and Atlanta from 3 $3 boxes.

Now I'm just missing Diana, Kutuzov, Nikolai, Ishizuchi, and Prinz Eugen.

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

Wicaeed posted:

Welp, 5 more $3 containers + Flamu vid and I'm looking at a brand new Tirpitz + Marblehead + 25 dragon flags + some camo.

So yeah.

10 more + Flamu vid gave me a Marblehead and a whole lot of flags and camo. I think I'm done.

Natsuumi
Jun 13, 2003

Natsuumi's gone.
I'm Cherlene now.

I am absolutely shocked I haven't tripped my bank's fraud alert how many times I've gone back for more boxes.

It's me. I'm the god damned whale :sigh:

Timmy Horsey
Dec 13, 2012

You people and your cool boxes with cool ships. I'm starting to believe WG just hates me when it comes to containers.

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

I thought about trying for more ship boxes, but decided it was more reliable to simply buy a Kutuzov at a discount with all the doubloons I got from ship dupes.

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !
Bought another batch of 12 x $3 boxes, Flamu vid in effect ya'll:

paints, camos, 1k doubloons, 1500 free xp, Scharnhorst and Texas x2 :stare: :wtc: . Texas dupe gave me another 2575 gold or thereabouts for a total of 3575 gold.

I'd love to know exactly how the U WIN SHIP! selection logic works. I'd rather be able to get different ships than just get gold for dupes. If it's able to tell what ships I have already, would quitting out & coming back in if I win a ship remove the duping ? I honestly sort of wanted a Texas and I'd much rather have an Indianapolis or an Atlanta than a Scharnhorst.

MREBoy fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Jan 1, 2017

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

MREBoy posted:

Bought another batch of 12 x $3 boxes, Flamu vid in effect ya'll:

paints, camos, 1k doubloons, 1500 free xp, 1000 gold, Scharnhorst and Texas x2 :stare: :wtc: . Texas dupe gave me another 2575 gold or thereabouts for a total of 3575 gold.

I'd love to know exactly how the U WIN SHIP! selection logic works. I'd rather be able to get different ships than just get gold for dupes. If it's able to tell what ships I have already, would quitting out & coming back in if I win a ship remove the duping ? I honestly sort of wanted a Texas and I'd much rather have an Indianapolis or an Atlanta than a Scharnhorst.

It checks what you've got when you buy the crates and you can't get anything you had then. So you're best off buying them one at a time.

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

I am a master storyteller.
I just had a Yamato that did everything right.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

wdarkk posted:

It checks what you've got when you buy the crates and you can't get anything you had then. So you're best off buying them one at a time.

That's not true. I've gotten multiples multiple time off those crates. This is why I'm sitting on 15k doubloons.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
What do you guys pick for the T2 skill for RN cruisers? I picked EM on instinct then realized how fast they turn already. Last Stand because they're really squishy and liable to lose their engine a lot? TAE because why not?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I picked EM because RN cruisers have this annoying problem where, despite the tier 10 turrets spinning like a US DD, everything from tier 6 to 9 is slow enough that EM is probably needed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

NTRabbit posted:

I picked EM because RN cruisers have this annoying problem where, despite the tier 10 turrets spinning like a US DD, everything from tier 6 to 9 is slow enough that EM is probably needed.

You can always respec out of EM once you get to that acceptable turret traverse, as well. Last Stand, while nice for RN CAs in particular, isn't as powerful as EM. Besides, we'll have the new skills coming up anyways, with free respecs (obviously) when it comes.