Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I'm not 100% convinced but a friend pointed out that it looks like one of the Penny Arcade dudes made a very subtle jab at Star Marine in his write-up about SuperHot lol

quote:

Each shooter exists in a space which contains itself and other shooters. They can be narratively about this or that. But when all the bald space marines are removed, the highest virtue is Precision, informed by and floating in a solution of Time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

nawledgelambo posted:

https://www.twitch.tv/wtfosaurus/v/111170193?t=02h29m47s

WTFOMADASAURUS

watch it for a bit, it's worth it, also chat

I really enjoy his sort of grudging acceptance of our love and admiration.

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

nawledgelambo posted:

https://www.twitch.tv/wtfosaurus/v/111170193?t=02h29m47s

WTFOMADASAURUS

watch it for a bit, it's worth it, also chat

I like how almost every time someone posts a timestamped video it's 2-3 or at one point even 6 hours in.

How can these people bear to do this for so long when they so clearly find it unfun?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I can't believe I outlived 2016

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Astroniomix posted:

I like how almost every time someone posts a timestamped video it's 2-3 or at one point even 6 hours in.

How can these people bear to do this for so long when they so clearly find it unfun?

Those guys Wolf Danger had doing the INN stuff for him were fine doing it for free before they found out he was getting paid for it, therefore they should've been fine with continuing to do it after finding out :spergin:

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Beet Wagon posted:

I'm not 100% convinced but a friend pointed out that it looks like one of the Penny Arcade dudes made a very subtle jab at Star Marine in his write-up about SuperHot lol

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Sarsapariller posted:

baldmarines.jpg

Yeah that was kind of my thought too, but I wasn't willing to look and see how frequently space marines are bald lmao

Trilobite
Aug 15, 2001

Astroniomix posted:

I don't understand it, either. Are they getting money for this (officially or under the table), or are they just sinking hours and hours into what amounts to an unpaid job in the hope that some day -- clearly not today, but some day in the future -- everyone will want to watch Star Citizen being played and will automatically gravitate towards the streamers who've been around the longest?

Because honestly, neither of those options makes any goddamn sense.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
I don't think you can have long hair in the Space Marines. Plus, do you know how much fidelity is required for true-to-life follicle rendering? Rockstar can't do it. Hell, I bet even CIG can't do it!

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
Hey! The Doomguy mark 2016 is cool and good. And completely neutral. For all you know, there is a well trimed pompadour under that helmet.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Beet Wagon posted:

Yeah that was kind of my thought too, but I wasn't willing to look and see how frequently space marines are bald lmao

Reminds me, will 3.0 bring the female? Roman Bath House 2.6 is getting old.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

cool new Polack jokes posted:

I don't think you can have long hair in the Space Marines. Plus, do you know how much fidelity is required for true-to-life follicle rendering? Rockstar can't do it. Hell, I bet even CIG can't do it!

Gotta get Crystal Dynamics on that poo poo. They're good at hair.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Also, looking at the One True Standard©®™ for space marines…

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Tippis posted:

Game over man, game over.

Stick a fork in it.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Tippis posted:

Yeah this is always the first thing that pops into my mind when I think of "space marines" so I didn't really consider that 40K marines are all bald as gently caress.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Happy new year from the UK you glorious shitheads. <3

Lord Kinbote
Feb 27, 2016
Happy new year goon commandos from Dublin Ireland. This thread and the previous has been wonderful!Any refactoring and engine forks in the months to come

Samizdata
May 14, 2007
Yeah, happy New Years, all my spergy Goonbrethren/sistren! (Except arfJason. I found out where he lived and killed him.)

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
For 2017 I wish Star Citizen comes out and is everything the whales dreamed off. So we can ruin it.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

MeLKoR posted:

For 2017 I wish Star Citizen comes out and is everything the whales dreamed off. So we can ruin it.

This is the worst dilemma for me. Option A: SC happens, is good and we wreck it. Option B: SC happens, is bad, and we laugh at the idiots who spent their pension funds on it. Option C: SC fails, see Option B.

At least the single certainty is Goons win regardless.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
The best option is that the game implodes suddenly and this thread slowly dies as it tries to continue theory crafting what happened.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Lladre posted:

The best option is that the game implodes suddenly and this thread slowly dies as it tries to continue theory crafting what happened.

Well, if it implodes suddenly we'll have at least a month, or two, lapping up all the tears and watching the fallout.

Then we'll just make a thread discussing Jared's behind the scenes tell all book.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Xaerael posted:

This is the worst dilemma for me. Option A: SC happens, is good and we wreck it. Option B: SC happens, is bad, and we laugh at the idiots who spent their pension funds on it. Option C: SC fails, see Option B.

At least the single certainty is Goons win regardless.

Goons always win.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Beet Wagon posted:

Yeah this is always the first thing that pops into my mind when I think of "space marines" so I didn't really consider that 40K marines are all bald as gently caress.

For me Space Marines will always be 8' tall genetically engineered warrior monk walking tanks.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Space Wolves are the best, and hairiest Space Marines.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

For me Space Marines will always be 8' tall genetically engineered warrior monk walking tanks.

Always.

Ashye
Jul 29, 2013

Samizdata posted:

Yeah, happy New Years, all my spergy Goonbrethren/sistren! (Except arfJason. I found out where he lived and killed him.)

But did you call your parents while doing it?

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.
Lol @ wtfosauras running a pick up agency and scamming people out of money.

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Covered in a practical amount of 200 purity seals.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Goobs posted:

Covered in a practical amount of 200 purity seals.

Needs more purity.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Goobs posted:

Lol @ wtfosauras running a pick up agency and scamming people out of money.

?

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Lol i am dead.

REDACTED

E: also

REDACTED

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Somebody fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Jan 1, 2017

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

:eyepop:

Somebody fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Jan 1, 2017

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

It's 2017 and we're off to the best start.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

That comment section tho :allears:

:ssh: it was The Dirty

Harold Stassen fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Jan 1, 2017

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Yooooo!

Hahahahahahaha

It's confirmed him. Merry 2017 everyone.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Jan 1, 2017

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

It's con men all the way down.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

:stare::catstare:

:ssh:It was an extremely hosed up doxxexposé

Harold Stassen fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Jan 1, 2017

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007
I interviewed a NK escapee who came to my school and made a thread. Then life got in the way and the translation had to be postponed. I did finish it in the end, but nobody is going to pay 10 bux to update my.avatar
This is good for Star Citizen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot
Read that whole blog, and when you get to the part about the dog..

..I loving hate this guy even more so. If this is the kind of company you keep,wtfosaurus, the kind of people that abuse animals to "send a message," you are subhuman poo poo.

e: fitting top post; the dog abused in question:

Somebody fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Jan 1, 2017