Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib

Evil Mastermind posted:

In better news, my shipping label for Fragged Empire Protagonist Archive was just generated and I should have it early next week. :dance:

Got my package with the Core Rulebook, Antagonist Archive and Protagonist Archive yesterday. (Jumped on the bandwagon after reading Evil's F&F series on it)

The PDFs really don't sell how gorgeous and well put together these books are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

BabelFish posted:

Got my package with the Core Rulebook, Antagonist Archive and Protagonist Archive yesterday. (Jumped on the bandwagon after reading Evil's F&F series on it)

The PDFs really don't sell how gorgeous and well put together these books are.

I know it's dorky as hell but I always feel good when people get into awesome games because of my recommendations. :3:

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
Iron League: Black Stadium. Dunno if the game's any good. The models are okay-ish, with some of the expansion ones looking fairly decent.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I got my copy of the Protagonist Archive for Fragged Empire today; it came shrink-wrapped, wrapped in paper inside a padded envelope, inside a cardboard protective envelope. That is how you ship a book.

My copy of Masks, meanwhile, was just in a basic envelope and as such got a little bent in transit. Which, incidentally, also happened (quite badly) to my copy of Urban Shadows. Magpie did replace it for free when I asked, but still. Boxes, people.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Just a FYI: Gareth Michael Skarka has one hour to deliver whatever he has done for Far West to backers, or he will miss his latest self-imposed deadline of New Years.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Evil Mastermind posted:

Just a FYI: Gareth Michael Skarka has one hour to deliver whatever he has done for Far West to backers, or he will miss his latest self-imposed deadline of New Years.

Depends on what time zone he's in

Serf
May 5, 2011

jivjov posted:

Depends on what time zone he's in

Only god's chosen timezone, EST, matters.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Serf posted:

Only god's chosen timezone, EST, matters.

:yeah:

I don't know what time zone he's in, but regardless if he hasn't released it by 11 pm eastern he's probably not going to deliver in general. Time zones aside there no reason to wait until the last second at this point.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Evil Mastermind posted:

:yeah:

I don't know what time zone he's in, but regardless if he hasn't released it by 11 pm eastern he's probably not going to deliver in general. Time zones aside there no reason to wait until the last second at this point.

I would loving laugh if he set some kind of auto-update to go out at 11:59 American Samoa time or some poo poo.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

He lives in CST, not that it matters since he's almost definitely encountered the "unforseen delay" of a New Year's party or some other totally unplanned obstacle.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

If that's the case he's got less than 10 minutes left...

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Maybe he meant the end of the Jewish year. So he's got until September!

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!
That's not on brand. The Chinese New Year gives him another month or so.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
I'm looking forward to Far West, a Gareth-Michael Skarka Transmedia Enterprise, releasing just moments before the impending climate-change induced ecological collapse scours humanity from the face of the earth.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Kai Tave posted:

I'm looking forward to Far West, a Gareth-Michael Skarka Transmedia Enterprise, releasing just moments before the impending climate-change induced ecological collapse scours humanity from the face of the earth.

So, February?

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

cptn_dr posted:

So, February?

It's like that one Twilight Zone episode where the guy finally has all the time in the world to read and then his glasses break. Only instead of books it's a lovely d20 game and instead of glasses being broken it's deadlines.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Far West is out now, right?

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

dwarf74 posted:

Far West is out now, right?

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Just get Lasers and Feelings and replace the stats with Kung Fu and Cowboy.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

rumble in the bunghole posted:

That would probably work better than whatever Far West turns out to be.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

rumble in the bunghole posted:

Now you got me thinking about Lasers and Feelings except replacing Feelings with The Force to make a Chirrut/Baze Rogue One game.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
i r dum

Cassa fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Jan 2, 2017

oriongates
Mar 14, 2013

Validate Me!

This probably has to be the saddest Far West failure yet...fulfilling this release promise requires no effort beyond just putting out what he's got so far. He could have done nothing at all this month and still managed to at least keep this promise.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
When it comes to GMS always expect less than nothing.

The Other Side kickstarter seems to have stalled out, and even gone down a bit recently. Pretty sad turn since I was excited to get my :krakken: on. Launching it both over the holidays and at the same time as "that-which-derails-threads" probably wasn't a smart move, but maybe it'll pick up towards the end.

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.
Number of backers stayed the same but money went down, according to a friend of mine who's been watching it obsessively. It's a pity; they had a livestream of a game being played by two of the playtesters on Vassal, and I think it looks goddamn solid.

However, a lot of people looking at miniatures kickstarters seem to expect incredible deals and freebies, which just wasn't in the cards for The Other Side. I don't know if it was just the time of year that was a mistake, if the market is just poisoned for retailer-friendly products.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Cinnamon Bear posted:

The Other Side kickstarter seems to have stalled out, and even gone down a bit recently. Pretty sad turn since I was excited to get my :krakken: on. Launching it both over the holidays and at the same time as "that-which-derails-threads" probably wasn't a smart move, but maybe it'll pick up towards the end.

Eh, it went from 242k to 239k sometime in the last day or two when the "WE WANT MORE FREE poo poo" brigade got vocal and downgraded their pledges, but since then we've gotten back to 242k and added several backers.

I expect a pretty good burst of fundraising once the dual commanders unlock, especially since one of them is titan-sized. If Horo costs as much as a regular Titan, every addon of him is another 75 in the pot.

I'm in for both :retrogames:

Dulkor
Feb 28, 2009

Considering the success of the Kickstarter that shall not be named, I'm leaning towards the average minis backer having a 'gently caress you got mine' mindset when it comes to retailers and Kickstarter.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

oriongates posted:

This probably has to be the saddest Far West failure yet...fulfilling this release promise requires no effort beyond just putting out what he's got so far. He could have done nothing at all this month and still managed to at least keep this promise.

You're assuming that GMS was telling the truth about how much he had completed. I wouldn't be surprised if he was including things "in his head" but not yet written down as "finished."

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

LeSquide posted:

However, a lot of people looking at miniatures kickstarters seem to expect incredible deals and freebies, which just wasn't in the cards for The Other Side. I don't know if it was just the time of year that was a mistake, if the market is just poisoned for retailer-friendly products.
I think people expect more aggressive pricing when a KS uses the word "PVC" to describe their material but inversely do not account for added costs from pre-assembly. Either way, until they unlock additional freebies, it's just retail pricing with a long wait time. I don't think you need to look past the KS itself to see why it would falter.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

LeSquide posted:

Number of backers stayed the same but money went down, according to a friend of mine who's been watching it obsessively. It's a pity; they had a livestream of a game being played by two of the playtesters on Vassal, and I think it looks goddamn solid.

That's the thing, why preorder unless there is a tangible bonus to you the consumer?

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Pyrolocutus posted:

Eh, it went from 242k to 239k sometime in the last day or two when the "WE WANT MORE FREE poo poo" brigade got vocal and downgraded their pledges, but since then we've gotten back to 242k and added several backers.

I expect a pretty good burst of fundraising once the dual commanders unlock, especially since one of them is titan-sized. If Horo costs as much as a regular Titan, every addon of him is another 75 in the pot.

I'm in for both :retrogames:

The next three goals being addons will help, since they tend to steamroll, and then we start getting more freebies.

The Other Side is basically were Dropfleet is right now in terms of their own backers hating them despite not really doing anything (other than being late for Dropfleet, and even than it wasn't that late).

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Terrible Opinions posted:

That's the thing, why preorder unless there is a tangible bonus to you the consumer?

Some of the fun of Kickstarter is paying for something and randomly getting a free present six months later!

*Stares at plush "This is Fine" Dog*

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

Golden Bee posted:

Some of the fun of Kickstarter is paying for something and randomly getting a free present six months later!

*Stares at plush "This is Fine" Dog*

*stares at Bernie Sanders action figure*

darnon
Nov 8, 2009

LordAba posted:

The Other Side is basically were Dropfleet is right now in terms of their own backers hating them despite not really doing anything (other than being late for Dropfleet, and even than it wasn't that late).

There's a big chunk of backers pissed at Dropfleet because originally Hawk expected to complete KS backer shipping around US Thanksgiving. Meanwhile retailers were receiving stock in October. But on into December and the last 100 'known' orders were still trickling out the door when they realized there's another 200+ whose orders disappeared from their pledge manager export. Many of those (myself included) still haven't had any response since chiming up on their request to contact at the beginning of December.

Meanwhile Mantic air freighted my 10lbs of Warpath last week overnight from England to the US so they're pretty cool in my book.

EverettLO
Jul 2, 2007
I'm a lurker no more

darnon posted:

There's a big chunk of backers pissed at Dropfleet because originally Hawk expected to complete KS backer shipping around US Thanksgiving. Meanwhile retailers were receiving stock in October. But on into December and the last 100 'known' orders were still trickling out the door when they realized there's another 200+ whose orders disappeared from their pledge manager export. Many of those (myself included) still haven't had any response since chiming up on their request to contact at the beginning of December.

Meanwhile Mantic air freighted my 10lbs of Warpath last week overnight from England to the US so they're pretty cool in my book.

I'm in the same boat. Delays in shipping are to be expexted, but not responding to emails from nearly a month ago and counting is kind of pissing me off.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Fairly major update re: The Other Side. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1334239018/the-other-side-9/posts/1776692

In short, all the unlock addons are now shunted from the progression schedule and automatically opened, and every tier is now a freebie unlock. Probably assuages those concerned about value, but I'm a little salty about the mention of them cancelling unmentioned projects to accommodate addons unlocking early, particularly since we saw total decreases of like 6 or 7k, which would have put us at like 248k or something. Ah well, I'll be putting in for a bunch of Abyssinia and Cult stuff now.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Pyrolocutus posted:

Fairly major update re: The Other Side. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1334239018/the-other-side-9/posts/1776692

In short, all the unlock addons are now shunted from the progression schedule and automatically opened, and every tier is now a freebie unlock. Probably assuages those concerned about value, but I'm a little salty about the mention of them cancelling unmentioned projects to accommodate addons unlocking early, particularly since we saw total decreases of like 6 or 7k, which would have put us at like 248k or something. Ah well, I'll be putting in for a bunch of Abyssinia and Cult stuff now.

They had been hinting at some board game projects prior to this, including a Malifaux Gremlin one. It'll be kind of sad if some of their non-minis projects have been cancelled or some of their other random stuff. On the other hand, its jumped to the point where I don't think I'l have any regrets backing this (despite probably only being for a painting project).

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Yeah, I won't be heart broken if they've canceled a few board games to support The Other Side better. Their non-mini games so far have swung between middling and bad. They seem to have a clear focus for TOS and have a good grasp on a fun rule set for it.

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
I launched a Kickstarter for Pigsmoke!

It's a tongue-in-cheek PBTA game about being the faculty at Pigsmoke, America's foremost college of wizardry. Chase tenure, resist burnout, conduct groundbreaking research and academic rivalries in equal measure, avoid your trash fire home life, cast spells and hide from the results, and try to escape the notice of the Dean while you eke out some sort of personal victory against the all-consuming forces of bureaucracy. It'll be great!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

potatocubed posted:

I launched a Kickstarter for Pigsmoke!

It's a tongue-in-cheek PBTA game about being the faculty at Pigsmoke, America's foremost college of wizardry. Chase tenure, resist burnout, conduct groundbreaking research and academic rivalries in equal measure, avoid your trash fire home life, cast spells and hide from the results, and try to escape the notice of the Dean while you eke out some sort of personal victory against the all-consuming forces of bureaucracy. It'll be great!

I'm certain I've seen this before, have you written it up in some other thread? Anyway it looks fun. In for the digital copy.