Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Methanar posted:

THEpunjabiBEAST Dxxxx : hey can i support?
Area : Caster Minion can PunjabiBeast support
Area : He's my duoQ partner, we've been playing season season 3
Caster Minion : take it
Area : We've a level of synergy I haven't been able to find with any other support
Area : When I play with him I have a connection that I don't feel with anyone else
Caster Minion : Okay
Daddyshere2play : yeah, i have observed their connection
Daddyshere2play : very strong
Area : Thank you for understanding, It means a lot to me, Caster Minion
Daddyshere2play : very powerful

How badly did they lose?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
curious about this powerful synergy

Koguma
Sep 1, 2007

One of the Big Seven !!
League of Legends Seasons 7: very strong, very powerful

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Have not had a chance to play in a couple weeks, seems as if to nobody's surprise that Camille is irelia 2.0 now with ungankability and busted as hell? new champ with 54% win rate.

voodoo dog
Jun 6, 2001

Gun Saliva
Alright I need to try out Malz support.. Hope noone will flame me for it.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Have not had a chance to play in a couple weeks, seems as if to nobody's surprise that Camille is irelia 2.0 now with ungankability and busted as hell? new champ with 54% win rate.

i think she wins about 65% of her games on probuilds.net. she's so broken that they need to consider removing entire skills from her kit

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

voodoo dog posted:

Alright I need to try out Malz support.. Hope noone will flame me for it.

A lot of Malz i've seen forget that his silence also refreshes Malefic's duration, so keep that in mind for trades and try to delay its use.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

stump collector posted:

i think she wins about 65% of her games on probuilds.net. she's so broken that they need to consider removing entire skills from her kit

I am not entirely sure why she gets that second hop off the walljump if it isn't used against a enemy, every single other bruiser with mobility like that either requires a enemy target for the second dash or a cooldown reduction of it so they can't just avoid ganks for eternity while also engaging from a screen off.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

sometimes i dont think riot has actually learned anything about balance since season 1

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
maybe she shouldn't have insane mobility, a heal and a slow, and a way better jarvan ult.

im old rick bitch
Oct 19, 2004

How does it feel?

Darth Windu posted:

Not sure which is stronger but my friend has been playing MF adc and it owns. Free kill at 6 for sure.

What is that guy talking about a push lane. You don't need to push with malz, only put your E on champs. Sometimes the little guys will forget about the enemy if they run far enough and they'll chomp some minions but it doesn't push that hard.

if you mean me i was talking about the ziggs adc lane in general. idk anything about support malz, as i don't play any void based champions...too spooky

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Tired Moritz posted:

maybe she shouldn't have insane mobility, a heal and a slow, and a way better jarvan ult.

It's not necessarily way better than jarvan's ult, like yeah you can escape jarvan's ult but otoh jarvan ulting on a squishie practically one shots them whereas I've seen plenty of camilles go too far in, ult on an adc then immediately die. At least jarvan would have probably got the kill.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I am not entirely sure why she gets that second hop off the walljump if it isn't used against a enemy, every single other bruiser with mobility like that either requires a enemy target for the second dash or a cooldown reduction of it so they can't just avoid ganks for eternity while also engaging from a screen off.

Riven?

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Camille's wave control seemed really bad when I tried her, you need tiamat to waveclear but also need trinity force to unlock her damage which makes her awkward until 1.5 items. I think her kit is keepable if they nerf her early trading and solidify her as a scaling champ.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

mirrorquiz posted:

if you mean me i was talking about the ziggs adc lane in general. idk anything about support malz, as i don't play any void based champions...too spooky

Thank you my friend. I hope you come to terms with spookiness.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Tired Moritz posted:

The biggest problem is her mobility, really; they should have just called her Mobility the Creep. She can very easily choose when fights do and do not happen.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm glad to hear all the complaints about mobility creep that were thrown about back in 2012 are still relevant and completely ignored.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.
every champ except jhin that was released over the past 2 years has either had a dash or a pseudo-tp

let's look forward to more dashes in 2017, everyone

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
I'm glad more champions have dashes because I like to play actual fun champions and not Cho'gath

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Hashtag Yoloswag posted:

every champ except jhin that was released over the past 2 years has either had a dash or a pseudo-tp

let's look forward to more dashes in 2017, everyone

Pseudo-TPs are soooo different from dashes though. No one is ranting about Tahm Kench's unparalleled mobility

Orv
May 4, 2011
Also the difference between free aim dashes and target dashes is pretty significant. The one exception being Ivern who can dash his entire goddamn team to any enemy or neutral unit for 80 mana. (Or whatever it is now.)

Orv fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Jan 1, 2017

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Orv posted:

Also the difference between free aim dashes and target dashes is pretty significant. The one exception being Ivern who can dash his entire goddamn team to any enemy or neutral unit for 80 mana. (Or whatever it is now.)

Yeah after you hit a skillshot?? A lot happens after you hit Blitz skillshot, too; it doesn't even dash Ivern himself very far most of the time because you've usually just been in a brush

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.

kingcobweb posted:

Pseudo-TPs are soooo different from dashes though. No one is ranting about Tahm Kench's unparalleled mobility

well yeah, but i think they count in a way what with the tp nerfs

it's just weird to me that they nerfed tp, then gave a big chunk of new champs big map play spells I guess

also I'm mostly being facetious because champs with built-in mobility actually are a lot of fun to play, and the only ones in recent memory that have been completely overbearing are release ekko and camille

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Shoutouts to Yasuo.

Orv
May 4, 2011

kingcobweb posted:

Yeah after you hit a skillshot?? A lot happens after you hit Blitz skillshot, too; it doesn't even dash Ivern himself very far most of the time because you've usually just been in a brush

I mean in a typical fight, yeah, it's not as impactful. But he can do some wacky poo poo in the jungle pre or post fight with it, save people, save himself, cause a lot of problems if the Ivern is any good. Comparatively, Illaoi's target dash moves her a foot forward and does a little damage. Everyone else has complete nonsense movement abilities, Taliyah and Bard, a TP on Tahm and then all the other people in the last two years have free aim dashes. I'm not going to agree that mobility is a bad thing, mobility is fun, but maybe they've gone a little overboard.

E: Or more specifically what I'm getting at is that not all movement skills are created equal, and Riot is crazy.

Orv fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Jan 1, 2017

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i personally dont think champs with dashes should exist unless every champ can have a dash similar to the flash spell that everyone can have theres no good reason why champion x needs a dash but champion y doesnt, regardless of what kind of champion they are a super duper mega tank is just as dead if he gets caught by 5 mans out on his own as is a super squishy marksperson, and both of them can get away clean and trigger keyboard breaking bullshit frustration by tapping a button but thats fair and fine because everyone has the flash button so why exactly does the super duper mega tank need also a dash but the marksperson not or vice versa?

there is no reason but some abstract idea of game balance or vision or whatever circklejerk that riot and the player base are notoriously poo poo at recognizing anyway so why not give up on any pretense of game balance being a factor and just give everyone or no one a dash just remove it from every champion kit and put it on a summoner spell then we will all run d for dash and f for flash and we can stop having this conversation about broken mobility because everyone will be just as broken or not as everyone else

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Orv posted:

E: Or more specifically what I'm getting at is that not all movement skills are created equal, and Riot is crazy.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Just give everyone Riven's Q. Then no one will ever be caught for any reason.

No I'm not bitter about last night, why.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

they barely nerfed TP

also quit whining about mobility and git gud

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
They just need more abilities like poppy W to even things out

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Darth Windu posted:

They just need more abilities like poppy W to even things out

Right, like an ult that prevents dashing out or any kind of movement out of it

Orv
May 4, 2011
Does Poppy's W prevent Camille's ult?

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Orv posted:

Does Poppy's W prevent Camille's ult?

She disjoints during the movement portion, so almost certainly not.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I guess if the Poppy is any good the end result is the same, thanks to E.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
how do you do masteries for junglers now? because i want to see if trundle pillar triggers the deathfire touch mastery with its 1 true damage. also what route do you do in the jungles now because i havent played since 2015.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Slaapaav posted:

how do you do masteries for junglers now? because i want to see if trundle pillar triggers the deathfire touch mastery with its 1 true damage. also what route do you do in the jungles now because i havent played since 2015.

If you have hard CC on a basic ability 0/12/18 with courage of the colossus

If you're a damage dealer without that then 12/18/0

If you're neither then lol get hosed Nunu

Go bot buff - wolves - buff if you have good ganks at three, full clear otherwise

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
grasp of the undying suits my playstyle with nunu

your friend a dog
Nov 2, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Is Quasus actually good if you're under plat? Every time I've played it I've become an unstoppable split pusher that promptly becomes ganked by three people while my team mills around mid lane doing nothing while you're drawing all the pressure top.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

your friend a dog posted:

Is Quasus actually good if you're under plat? Every time I've played it I've become an unstoppable split pusher that promptly becomes ganked by three people while my team mills around mid lane doing nothing while you're drawing all the pressure top.

That sounds like the split push experience in general, not specific to Quasus. The solution is to ward, and to start backing after every wave you clear. Just cancel the back if no one actually comes to stop you before the next wave shows up, quickly blow up that wave, then start backing again. Alternately, play Teemo and instead of all that fake backing just stealth beside a dead tower and use your mushrooms as additional wards. And spam your laugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

your friend a dog
Nov 2, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Addamere posted:

That sounds like the split push experience in general, not specific to Quasus. The solution is to ward, and to start backing after every wave you clear. Just cancel the back if no one actually comes to stop you before the next wave shows up, quickly blow up that wave, then start backing again. Alternately, play Teemo and instead of all that fake backing just stealth beside a dead tower and use your mushrooms as additional wards. And spam your laugh.

Thanks, I'll give that a try.

e: The only reason I mention Quasus is because on any other champion that split pushes, they can still be useful elsewhere. Quasus really isn't outside of his slow and an aoe armor shred. He's not like Trundle or Jax or Yi that can still blow people up.

• Locked thread