Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

lmao, not at the discount but that the book originally retailed for $35

E: oh it's an audio book, are they usually that much?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cams
Mar 28, 2003

logikv9 posted:

I can't wait for nonstop :smugjones: until like 2019
why is the left so bad

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Raskolnikov38 posted:

They're free at the local commie brainwashing facility library

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

cams posted:

why is the left so bad

I have no idea. It makes my life easier though so there is that.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Raskolnikov38 posted:

yeah audio books are stupid expensive

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Grand Prize Winner posted:

They're free at the local commie brainwashing facility library

The Fake News Factory

Serf
May 5, 2011

just lol if you think we're making it to 2019

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.

Serf posted:

just lol if you think we're making it to 2019

you're right, it'll be anno trumpini 72.

Big Hubris
Mar 8, 2011

Not a Step posted:

But Lena Dunham was popular with all the young interns they hired! That must mean shes popular with other young people! Its not like politically minded interns are likely to all be drawn from the same echo chambers that are completely divorced from reality or anything!

I remember there being a weird moment in the campaign where people began to downplay Obama's abilities as a campaigner and put their faith in his data driven ground operation instead. Like, I distinctly remember it being a point in Clinton's favor that she had Obama's campaign crew, which was the real secret to his success and not the fact that Obama is one of the greatest orators and campaigners in American history. Maybe Im misremembering things though.

I did not see an app which told Clinton volunteers to put on the campaign swag and give blood at x location.

OFA, real, first campaign OFA, was witchcraft and singlehandedly overcame the Democratic weakness of "the Young Republicans literally have a pool and barbecue, we don't even have a club.".

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

Not a Step posted:

But Lena Dunham was popular with all the young interns they hired! That must mean shes popular with other young people! Its not like politically minded interns are likely to all be drawn from the same echo chambers that are completely divorced from reality or anything!

I remember there being a weird moment in the campaign where people began to downplay Obama's abilities as a campaigner and put their faith in his data driven ground operation instead. Like, I distinctly remember it being a point in Clinton's favor that she had Obama's campaign crew, which was the real secret to his success and not the fact that Obama is one of the greatest orators and campaigners in American history. Maybe Im misremembering things though.

:master:

Lindsey O. Graham has issued a correction as of 08:50 on Jan 1, 2017

tower time
Jul 30, 2008

Lindsey O. Graham posted:

I have no idea. It makes my life easier though so there is that.

You've existed for 1 day and you're already a better gimmick account than Mitt Romney. That's not an especially high bar mind you, but 2017 will be all about embracing lowered expectations.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

cams posted:

why is the left so bad

because you touch yourself when the sun goes down

TRUMPTRUMPTRUMPTRUMPTRUMP

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

If the French Revolutionaries had their way, and we were all on the Thermidorian Calendar, then 2016 wouldn't have happened.

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

If the French Revolutionaries had their way, and we were all on the Thermidorian Calendar, then 2016 wouldn't have happened.

Elaborate, dear one.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

MORT A CCXXIV

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

tower time posted:

Playing that game, Kasich got like 10% of the primary vote but if I had to guess would have matched or exceeded Trump's EV total and also won the popular vote. But the set of circumstances wherein Kasich won the Republican primaries this year that don't involve leadership rigging are pretty hard to imagine given all other events.

Kasich was the last to concede. Trump having a well-timed heart attack could have made things come up Kasich.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

tower time posted:

You've existed for 1 day and you're already a better gimmick account than Mitt Romney. That's not an especially high bar mind you, but 2017 will be all about embracing lowered expectations.

Mitt Romney stopped being a gimmick account and started being the literal most dyed-in-the-wool awful Clintonista here, which is saying something.

Close runner-up: computer parts.

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

Majorian posted:

Mitt Romney stopped being a gimmick account and started being the literal most dyed-in-the-wool awful Clintonista here, which is saying something.

Close runner-up: computer parts.

Computer parts?

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

If you're him, my sentiment still stands.:colbert:

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

Majorian posted:

If you're him, my sentiment still stands.:colbert:

I am not. I edited my post for clarity.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
Ah. I meant this guy.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
The most pathetic part about Jeb! was when it was obvious he was going to lose he didn't torpedo his candidacy into Donald Trump by doing something like calling him a child rapist during a debate. Sad!

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

Hm. I understand now. I'm neither of these people. My momma always referred to me as Lindsey. I rather like it, it's a girl's name and so I like to think it makes me non threatening to women. That sort of thing concerns me, I don't like to grab the pussy. I prefer to caress it gently then slowly and expertly lick at it. I find women prefer that method, and in turn prefer me.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
remmeber when trump revealed your phone number

so so long ago

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

Baloogan posted:

remmeber when trump revealed your phone number

so so long ago

Why yes!

No one took advantage of the involuntary psa. I was pissed! I was just lying in anticipation of angry coeds growing enamored of my accent... I lean into it at the appropriate times, you know. Alone and excited I waited for my phone to ring. The tittilation that ran through my body when he revealed those digits. I would have rewarded anyone, man, woman, or dog that inquired. Alas, it was not meant to be.

No one called. I was left nursing blue balls.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Rand alPaul posted:

The most pathetic part about Jeb! was when it was obvious he was going to lose he didn't torpedo his candidacy into Donald Trump by doing something like calling him a child rapist during a debate. Sad!

My grandma was over for Christmas. She said exactly one thing about politics the entire time.

"You know people say that Donald Trump lies all the time, but he doesn't! He called Jeb Bush "Low Energy" and he was!"

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
thanks chris crispie for suicide bombing marco rubio's thirsty candidacy again

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

ErichZahn posted:

I did not see an app which told Clinton volunteers to put on the campaign swag and give blood at x location.

OFA, real, first campaign OFA, was witchcraft and singlehandedly overcame the Democratic weakness of "the Young Republicans literally have a pool and barbecue, we don't even have a club.".

wtf that post was from page 9

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

logikv9 posted:

thanks chris crispie for suicide bombing marco rubio's thirsty candidacy again

Right?!

Cucking him effortlessly, it's amazing.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Rand alPaul posted:

jeb is less than pathetic than anhy democrat who donated one red cent to hte shitfucking paraasitic badgers masquerading as humans being known as the ncgop

jeb is pathetic jeb is a waste jeb is an inspirateion to democrats everywhere

JEB!JEB!JEB!JEB!JEB!
JEB!JEB!JEB!JEB!JEB!
JEB!JEB!JEB!JEB!JEB!
JEB!JEB!JEB!JEB!JEB!
JEB!JEB!JEB!JEB!JEB!

JEB!JEB!JEB!JEB!JEB!
JEB!JEB!JEB!JEB!JEB!
JEB!JEB!JEB!JEB!JEB!
JEB!JEB!JEB!JEB!JEB!
JEB!JEB!JEB!JEB!JEB!

JEB!JEB!JEB!JEB!JEB!
JEB!JEB!JEB!JEB!JEB!
JEB!JEB!JEB!JEB!JEB!
JEB!JEB!JEB!JEB!JEB!
JEB!JEB!JEB!JEB!JEB!

JEB!JEB!JEB!JEB!JEB!
JEB!JEB!JEB!JEB!JEB!
JEB!JEB!JEB!JEB!JEB!
JEB!JEB!JEB!JEB!JEB!
JEB!JEB!JEB!JEB!JEB!

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
*yawns* uh, anyone else feeling a little low energy right now? weird

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

rudatron posted:

how rude!

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

rudatron posted:

I never cared for low energy Jeb! I prefer my prospective world leaders to be effective. Better me than Mr. Low Energy, especially since I have no affinity for the spineless.

Paul Ryan had to stay away from me, he threatens my virility and ability to please women. These gifts are everything to me, I can not be without my ability to please women.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Tunicate posted:

My grandma was over for Christmas. She said exactly one thing about politics the entire time.

"You know people say that Donald Trump lies all the time, but he doesn't! He called Jeb Bush "Low Energy" and he was!"

When I was canvassing for the general election in West Philly all the old-timers were suuuuuper fired up for Clinton,. Middle aged women as well were very into her and a good number of people from other age groups. But I did talk to some young guys who were skeptical about her for a variety of reasons - one was Bill's crime policies of course, but there was also the refrain that Trump "tells it like it is." I should have countered that of course he doesn't tell it "like it is" but just tells it how it unfolds in his warped mind. But still, there's something to learn here - a plainspoken style rooted in the vernacular can go a long way. Focused on concrete issues, this can benefit Democrats..

Imo, Medicare, Social Security, and the new overtime rules should be the centerpiece of Dem messaging and strategy for 2018, since those all have deep resonance in major Democratic / Clinton strongholds as well as borderline regions lost to Trump. Dems built those programs, they should own them, protect them, and reap the political reward when Paul Ryan and Donald try to destroy them. They can be explained plainly and in layman's terms, and Dems have a chance to "tell it like it is" - i.e., GOP is looking to distmantle cherished protections.

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

GalacticAcid posted:

When I was canvassing for the general election in West Philly all the old-timers were suuuuuper fired up for Clinton,. Middle aged women as well were very into her and a good number of people from other age groups. But I did talk to some young guys who were skeptical about her for a variety of reasons - one was Bill's crime policies of course, but there was also the refrain that Trump "tells it like it is." I should have countered that of course he doesn't tell it "like it is" but just tells it how it unfolds in his warped mind. But still, there's something to learn here - a plainspoken style rooted in the vernacular can go a long way. Focused on concrete issues, this can benefit Democrats..

Imo, Medicare, Social Security, and the new overtime rules should be the centerpiece of Dem messaging and strategy for 2018, since those all have deep resonance in major Democratic / Clinton strongholds as well as borderline regions lost to Trump. Dems built those programs, they should own them, protect them, and reap the political reward when Paul Ryan and Donald try to destroy them. They can be explained plainly and in layman's terms, and Dems have a chance to "tell it like it is" - i.e., GOP is looking to distmantle cherished protections.

(Velvety chuckle)

Lol. Just, lol if you think it's that simple.

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan
holy poo poo bernie sanders owns

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

Michael Bayleaf posted:

Doesn't he? I really hope he runs in 2020.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Lindsey O. Graham posted:

(Velvety chuckle)

Lol. Just, lol if you think it's that simple.

Haha I don't think it's that simple of course, but I guess the point is - West Philly is the black workingclass, not the white workingclass. So, to see some of the same problems there that have been diagnosed in white workingclass districts, to me, shows at least an appropriate direction to go. Have to find a unifying theme.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Michael Bayleaf posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

GalacticAcid posted:

Haha I don't think it's that simple of course, but I guess the point is - West Philly is the black workingclass, not the white workingclass. So, to see some of the same problems there that have been diagnosed in white workingclass districts, to me, shows at least an appropriate direction to go. Have to find a unifying theme.

The historical analogues between black and white working class and poverty stricken neighbourhoods are many, to the extent that we often create arbitrary semiracial classications and slurs for those in poor neighbourhoods so that we can more easily discriminate against them despite their lack of skin colour differences (hicks, trailer trash, chavs, rednecks, "cracker" was originally literally a slur against the poor specifically and its not exactly a surprise, and then there is the host of actual ethnic slurs used against whites that still cling to any part of their ethnic culture). The major difference of course being that the white neighbourhoods were told that no matter how bad it got they were at least better than the black man, and clung to that as hard as they did their guns and religion (that last bit is another historical similarity, black communities too often clung to religion to survive and for a while saw the genuine power weapons could offer too) and ended up many ways becoming the conscripts in then war against black people and foreigners... but many poor blacks and hispanics would and have hardly turned the role down if it was offered to them instead, considering the discrimination they have often lobbed against more sidelined minorities in their midst. Beggars, after all, are disinclined to be choosers (and we have convinced many of them to choose anyway, which shouldnt be ignored even if the problem still exists)

They all share one more major thing in common - the people in power, when not bleeding them dry and extracing as much wealth as it can anyway, would be quite happy to see them simply... disappear.

Racism has certainly been an effective tool at keeping the white poor disempowered though - the ability to disproportionally reward only a portion of a movement is a particularly effective way to split it up

GlyphGryph has issued a correction as of 14:04 on Jan 1, 2017

• Locked thread