Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skater h8er
May 11, 2013

e.pilot posted:

Anyone else having trouble connecting on Xbox tonight?

Nope it's working as intended quit being a pubbie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nija
Mar 2, 2003
F A C K
Can I embed this somehow? Anyways.

MAKIN' IT RAIN.

https://clips.twitch.tv/nijasan/ExpensiveEagleMau5

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
This is why I love the grenade crossbow. Also it's super fun to parachute in and murder a bunch of dudes

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Baconfeet/video/25154939

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013
I hope my guy was wearing steel-toe boots.

https://gfycat.com/ScaryExcellentBluebottle

Auxiliary Treats fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Feb 14, 2017

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

We're sealing the tunnel!
I'm a battlefield newbie but I learned a lot tonight (Thanks Skater h8ter and crew) Mainly I learned to never don't play with goons.

(Meaning that playing with goons is the best way to olay.)

Jay_Zombie fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Jan 2, 2017

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
I finally unlocked the Kolibri, and that gun is so loving ridiculous. I love it.

Bought the Gewehr 95 carbine, hoping it was a straight upgrade to my beloved Gewehr 95 infantry and ugh it has those garbage obtrusive sights which are a low power scope(?). Instant regret. I have unlocked the Martini Henry, and it's fun (and what a noise), but no other scout gun fits my tastes and playstyle like the G95 infantry so I'm not going to fight it. That's my weapon and here's to the next dozen service stars.

Also had a ridiculous close call with a tank while teaching a buddy how to play.

https://twitter.com/hongkonghermit/status/815560184588161024

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

Parkingtigers posted:

I finally unlocked the Kolibri, and that gun is so loving ridiculous. I love it.

Bought the Gewehr 95 carbine, hoping it was a straight upgrade to my beloved Gewehr 95 infantry and ugh it has those garbage obtrusive sights which are a low power scope(?). Instant regret. I have unlocked the Martini Henry, and it's fun (and what a noise), but no other scout gun fits my tastes and playstyle like the G95 infantry so I'm not going to fight it. That's my weapon and here's to the next dozen service stars.

Also had a ridiculous close call with a tank while teaching a buddy how to play.

https://twitter.com/hongkonghermit/status/815560184588161024

Huh I had the exact opposite situation as you. I love the m95 carbine and I can't really use the infantry version. Something about the iron sights fucks up my shots. It probably just comes down to which one you use first

Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

You up for some serious plastic surgery?

Parkingtigers posted:

Give the SMLE Infantry a try. It's slower firing than the G95 but has good iron sights and a good sweet spot damage profile, so you can 1-shot dudes from moderate ranges.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Holy cow is Rush bad and lovely. This giant's shadow map is the worst thing I've seen so far.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

I was primarily a rush player before BF1 and I don't ever play it now because it's so bad.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
Pubbie squad, being drunk, what's the difference?

the difference is being drunk is fun and I'm bad whereas being in a pubbie squad is not fun and I'm still bad

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
Physics is fun.

https://twitter.com/hongkonghermit/status/815837599143108608

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

I don't think rush has been very good since bad company. That's where rush was at its peak.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Rush is good for when there's no on to play with cause the pubbies are all bunched up on the telegraph for convenient arty truck kills. Giants rush is insanely poo poo on rush though. It does become funny when you finally get a vehicle on defense and get those easy kills as the other team has to rush like a kilometer across open flat ground without any cover.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

FastestGunAlive posted:

easy kills as the other team has to rush like a kilometer across open flat ground without any cover.

*mumbles something about historical accuracy*

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Ineffiable posted:

I don't think rush has been very good since bad company. That's where rush was at its peak.

probably because all the maps in BC1 were made with rush as the primary game mode, with conquest as an afterthough instead of the other way around.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Agean90 posted:

probably because all the maps in BC1 were made with rush as the primary game mode, with conquest as an afterthough instead of the other way around.

That's probably it on the nose.

You can notice this flaw in star wars battlefront. Play anything other than walker assault and it'll feel like the maps are not designed for that. Almost every map is cut out from an original walker assault map.

Kind of like how maps are made for conquest then smaller death match maps are cut out of it.

Ineffiable fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Jan 2, 2017

Nija
Mar 2, 2003
F A C K
Man, all I have been playing lately is rush. About the last week of nothing but rush, prior to that almost entirely domination.

I'd probably play more operations if there was an option to skip the cutscenes.

TenaciousTomato
Jul 17, 2007

Interworld and the New Innocence
I like playing rush, I think I win more playing that than conquest. Catch me solo planting 7 bombs and racking 11k points in a round. I do enjoy conquest and also war pigeons.

I only really got into BF when BF3 came out, and I agree it's obvious they create maps based on the largest scale battles then slice and dice them into other game modes.

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo
rush needs more players

operations needs hardcore

dashKADE
Apr 8, 2013

O C C O Q U A N
I never noticed that if you rank up near other players they can congratulate you.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
Night maps would be so much better than this stupid fog.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

sunday at work posted:

Night maps would be so much better than this stupid fog.

I love BF1 but I think the whole dynamic weather thing is a bit disappointing. Some light rain, or some fog. Yay?

I mean even variations in the intensity of the rain or something like that would be nice. I wasn't expecting something like Monte Grappa turning into a snowstorm or anything like that because that would require a ton of extra work in terms of textures etc but what they have now is a little blah.

Nija
Mar 2, 2003
F A C K

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

I love BF1 but I think the whole dynamic weather thing is a bit disappointing. Some light rain, or some fog. Yay?

I mean even variations in the intensity of the rain or something like that would be nice. I wasn't expecting something like Monte Grappa turning into a snowstorm or anything like that because that would require a ton of extra work in terms of textures etc but what they have now is a little blah.

The sandstorms are awesome.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

The dynamic weather is great. As someone playing the objective nothing is better than when fog rolls in and snipers can't pick you off while running in the open.

Thunderstorms might be a fun addition.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Fog is also amazing when you're flying. Suddenly you can't see a thing and then you make a turn and you start to doubt which side is up and which is down. It's great.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Just played a most baller operation with thug and beastie and beasties friends. I have achieved a new level of arty truck autism and I love it

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

FastestGunAlive posted:

Just played a most baller operation with thug and beastie and beasties friends. I have achieved a new level of arty truck autism and I love it

Good game! You better be on later!

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Give me a heads up when you guys are on. I'll be back on but probably going to be at least two hours

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

mellowjournalism posted:

rush needs more players

operations needs hardcore

Yes and yes

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
Hardcore ops would be my everything

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
http://i.imgur.com/T0XTLXI.gifv

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

shut up blegum posted:

Fog is also amazing when you're flying. Suddenly you can't see a thing and then you make a turn and you start to doubt which side is up and which is down. It's great.

Especially when you're in the back seat going "poo poo I hope this pilot knows where he's going.." then you die 5 seconds later in an accident. Historical accuracy yal!

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Sammus posted:

Especially when you're in the back seat going "poo poo I hope this pilot knows where he's going.." then you die 5 seconds later in an accident. Historical accuracy yal!

Well this is also any bomber pilot (who isn't me) even when it's a blue-sky day.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Sorry funky I didn't know you were a goon. I hoped off for the night but I'll link up with you sometime

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

For new xbone goons joining games: 99% of the time we're in a private party. You should join that party even if you don't want to talk so we know who you are and don't assume you're a pubby.

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013

The bigger tanks aren't much better.

https://gfycat.com/CoarseShamefulIbadanmalimbe

Auxiliary Treats fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Feb 14, 2017

DELETED
Nov 14, 2004
Disgruntled

Chemmy posted:

For new xbone goons joining games: 99% of the time we're in a private party. You should join that party even if you don't want to talk so we know who you are and don't assume you're a pubby.

Yeah, what he said. I (ShartMcManus) added a bunch of people as friends, feel free to invade any time at your own risk

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Dang I had a round where the approaches and angles just clicked and I went like 15-0 and destroyed two tanks using the ground support attack plane. At the end it was a protracted battle where I kept avoiding a fighter pilot and leading him over our main point where two AA guns lit him up.

Feels good strafe-loving a group of attackers and then dropping a bomb on some jerk behind them lobbing mortars at your boys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
Speaking of interesting tank physics, a buddy of mine captured this one:

http://i.imgur.com/mdAC9T6.gifv

Full clip here: http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/WarriorGeorge/video/25260457