Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Shards of Fate
Apr 19, 2002

They look like monsters to you?

Parrotine posted:

I don't think he surpassed it, his energy blast did gently caress all to Goku, he was flat immune to them

It's his physical strength that helped get the job done up to a point.

What I wanted to see what Golden Frieza take on Fat Buu, and watch him writhe in frustration at his endless bubblegum regrow BS

I think golden Frieza is strong enough to vaporize buu in one fell swoop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Parrotine posted:

I don't think he surpassed it, his energy blast did gently caress all to Goku, he was flat immune to them

It's his physical strength that helped get the job done up to a point.

What I wanted to see what Golden Frieza take on Fat Buu, and watch him writhe in frustration at his endless bubblegum regrow BS

I am pretty sure SSB Goku is not immune to regular energy just because he has god ki.

It's just the usual 'it wasn't strong enough to get through' stuff which isn't necessarily about it being weaker since it seems to take a lot for energy to get through to someone who is no a roughly equal level.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Dec 31, 2016

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Golden Freeza is actually stated to be much stronger then Blue Goku. To the point he could have easily killed him. (But also stating that no matter what Freeza did he still would not be able to match Beerus) The issue is that he toyed around with him and eventually the forms drain caused him to weaken too much.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

MonsterEnvy posted:

Golden Freeza is actually stated to be much stronger then Blue Goku. To the point he could have easily killed him. (But also stating that no matter what Freeza did he still would not be able to match Beerus) The issue is that he toyed around with him and eventually the forms drain caused him to weaken too much.

I can't believe freeza went ss3

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Golden Frieza is literally his 100% final form with a tacky SSJ3 paint job. The fight even follows the same structure with it giving him a slight edge over Goku before getting all tuckered out by the form's low MPG. It stinks!

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
In the manga the "slight edge" was never really there.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's not really there in RoF either. There's no point in that movie where Goku is going to lose to Frieza, other than when he gets shot with the laser ring thing. Blinged out Frieza is just enough of an offensive threat that Goku feels like letting Frieza tire himself out is the best way to fight him from then on.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

ImpAtom posted:

I am pretty sure SSB Goku is not immune to regular energy just because he has god ki.

It's just the usual 'it wasn't strong enough to get through' stuff which isn't necessarily about it being weaker since it seems to take a lot for energy to get through to someone who is no a roughly equal level.

that's a lazer it's different than ki.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Blockhouse posted:

In the manga the "slight edge" was never really there.

The manga author doesn't seem fond of the idea that anyone gets to be stronger than Goku in any way. See also: Goku vs Hit

Josuke Higashikata posted:

It's not really there in RoF either. There's no point in that movie where Goku is going to lose to Frieza, other than when he gets shot with the laser ring thing. Blinged out Frieza is just enough of an offensive threat that Goku feels like letting Frieza tire himself out is the best way to fight him from then on.

That Goku feels the need to rope-a-dope Frieza is itself a testament that he at least matches but very likely surpasses in terms of power, but also that power levels aren't the be-all end-all of combat and that Frieza once again fell into the trapfall of thinking they are.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
He's talking about the Dragonball manga where 100 Frieza was barely breaking even with Goku, not surpassing him.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
Had a dream about a lamer, Time Patrol version of DBS's Nerd Gohan. Thinking about it now, that would be a pretty neat show except for the fact that it doesn't have real world history and can only revisit the events of DB/DBZ.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

HitTheTargets posted:

Had a dream about a lamer, Time Patrol version of DBS's Nerd Gohan. Thinking about it now, that would be a pretty neat show except for the fact that it doesn't have real world history and can only revisit the events of DB/DBZ.

Well, the Time Patrol version is based on GT Gohan instead, not like that's much better.

He doesn't even get Super Saiyan 4, the non-Xeno version does. Right now, Gohan: Xeno has no transformations at all.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
I want Crono and Magus to be the fighters of one of the universes

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

lezard_valeth posted:

I want Crono and Magus to be the fighters of one of the universes

haha I remember them!

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

ImpAtom posted:

That didn't happen anymore, btw. Super changed it to him powering down entirely.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

The movies supercede super

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
The true dragonball canon is whatever you believe in your heart.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

That new manga with that guy possessing Yamcha's body is the only true canon

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Stairmaster posted:

The movies supercede super

Not really.

JDRockefeller
Apr 26, 2010

Darko posted:

That didn't happen anymore, btw. Super changed it to him powering down entirely.

That's lame cause that was one of my favourite moments in that movie. Super powerful Goku just gets loving shot.

The other was first form Frieza teleporting out of his clowncopter and sucker punching Gohan like it was nothing. Strong reintroduction right there.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Rutibex posted:

The true dragonball canon is whatever you believe in your heart.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

a good summary of the Super movie adaptations

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
what i believe in my heart is that gohan is actually still really cool

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

eonwe posted:

what i believe in my heart is that gohan is actually still really cool

:agreed:

the culminator
Oct 29, 2012
I haven rewatched RoF or DBSRoF but I remember Goku being slightly stronger than Frieza. Like, after frieza got his shots in Goku pretty much went "meh" and started dominating.

I remember the Frieza being stronger thing having to do with a line like "if youd trained a little bit longer in that form THEN you would have kicked my rear end"

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
Nah freeza's owning goku for awhile and then goku starts coming back and frieza's all confused and goku says that freeza rushed right to earth after learning how to transform and isn't used to the power drain and if he had taken his time to get used to it then frieza would have won.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

the culminator posted:

I haven rewatched RoF or DBSRoF but I remember Goku being slightly stronger than Frieza. Like, after frieza got his shots in Goku pretty much went "meh" and started dominating.

I remember the Frieza being stronger thing having to do with a line like "if youd trained a little bit longer in that form THEN you would have kicked my rear end"
P sure that was how it was in the original fight (anime version) they where very evenly matched but Frieza's body got strained way faster than Goku.

In RoF Freeza dominated in pure power, but was also draining very fast. To put it in RPG terms Freezer's new form was like SSJ3 in that it had a high upkeep unlike the SSB form which is pretty much about not wasting any power on upkeep.

Zedd fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Dec 31, 2016

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

wasn't brolli part 2 suppose to be out before New years?

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Kild posted:

wasn't brolli part 2 suppose to be out before New years?

They decided to put out HUA 7 first.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Kuroyama posted:

They decided to put out HUA 7 first.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMihrAbG4RY
Man I liked it, but its becoming apparent how hard it is to make this series when the original is as ridiculous if not more so than the Abridged version.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

achillesforever6 posted:

Man I liked it, but its becoming apparent how hard it is to make this series when the original is as ridiculous if not more so than the Abridged version.

They haven't exaggerated the characters' personalities like at all, which says pretty much everything you need to know about Hellsing.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Anyone need a 48 hour Crunchyroll guest pass? I have two. (You can watch DB Super in HD with it.)

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Funky Valentine posted:

They haven't exaggerated the characters' personalities like at all, which says pretty much everything you need to know about Hellsing.

After watching episode 6 a while ago, I went on and watched Hellsing Ultimate from episode 7 onwards and was shocked at how little was lost.

E: WEN BROLY 2 THO

Neo_Crimson fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Jan 1, 2017

Captain Quack
Feb 18, 2013
Happy

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

That's clever.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Oh my god I completely forgot that there isn't a new episode this week b/c NYE. 2016 just has to kick me in the junk one more time :(

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

achillesforever6 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMihrAbG4RY

I've been waiting for you Miller had me laughing at out loud

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

That's one of the big benefits of having God Ki; energy blasts don't do a drat thing except create a colorful dust storm. It happened when Vegeta shot that gently caress-off blast to Beerus, it happened when Frieza fired off a volley strong enough to nuke a planet at Goku; both completely unphased by it.

It just doesn't work period. If you're juicing on God Ki and you fire a blast, that's another story...

This is also why I'd say Golden Frieza couldn't kill Buu when you think about it; it took an entire planets worth of life forms to pony up the energy needed to decimate Buu, something not possible to manufacture from a single fighter.

Unless Frieza's got a Spirit Bomb technique, he's gonna have to rely on blunt contact force to get the job done

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Parrotine posted:

That's one of the big benefits of having God Ki; energy blasts don't do a drat thing except create a colorful dust storm. It happened when Vegeta shot that gently caress-off blast to Beerus, it happened when Frieza fired off a volley strong enough to nuke a planet at Goku; both completely unphased by it.

It just doesn't work period. If you're juicing on God Ki and you fire a blast, that's another story...

This is also why I'd say Golden Frieza couldn't kill Buu when you think about it; it took an entire planets worth of life forms to pony up the energy needed to decimate Buu, something not possible to manufacture from a single fighter.

Unless Frieza's got a Spirit Bomb technique, he's gonna have to rely on blunt contact force to get the job done

I'm not really sure what you're talking about with any of this

Golden Freeza would have EASILY had more power than what Goku managed to gather in the spirit bomb. That's not even a question

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

He does have a spirit bomb technique. He fired it at Namek and Planet Vegeta.

• Locked thread