Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Spot buys for LA probably aren't cheap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Oh Snapple! posted:

Spot buys for LA probably aren't cheap.

lol

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I seriously still can't get over that.

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

Error 404 posted:

I love how RUSSIANS! has basically become liberal birtherism.

Y'all love Glenn Beck now, maybe Orly Taitz will be the next to get 'redeemed'.

I thought truthers were already a well known example of left wing lunacy. What is this shock and awe at the depths of liberal stupidity? Many inane new pastimes will be picked up by the left because, you're going to have to find something to pass the time for the next 8 years.

Oh, and I promise you it's going to be a long winter.

mugrim
Mar 2, 2007

The same eye cannot both look up to heaven and down to earth.

Oh Snapple! posted:

I seriously still can't get over that.

I'm hungover, what are you referring to?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

mugrim posted:

I'm hungover, what are you referring to?

The Clinton campaign spend millions of dollars for TV ad buys in California

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Zikan posted:

more epic Clinton campaign failure

https://twitter.com/jimtankersley/status/797492671631790084

im gonna get off the internet and smoke now

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

etalian posted:

The Clinton campaign spend millions of dollars for TV ad buys in California

Now, isn't that just adorable? She targets where she wants to vacation, instead of where she needs to campaign.

You can't beat the size of those brass balls, too bad they will forever be blue. Madame Secretary, coming is fun. Try it some time. You'll find that both partners have to invest a little work in the process; otherwise you'll find yourself sweaty, tired, and dateless.

Just ask the chief.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Reminder that her very bad campaign almost lost Minnesota as well.

It's like they completely overlooked Great Lakes states in terms of providing resources and campaign time.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
don't get me wrong -- i'm dumber than poo poo but even the idea of spending money in los angeles in the general election was loving confounding

CrumFUNist!
Nov 27, 2005

Baloogan posted:

its a bit hilarious watching the left fall into the conspiracy theory hole just as alex jones has reached a whole new level of respectability

I don't typically read liberal online talking heads but from what I've seen, the likes oh Eric Boehlert and Keith Olbermann literally say that people on the left who are skeptical of the Russians hacked everything narrative are just as bad as conservatives and are all Russia supporters who should be tried for treason.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

jBrereton posted:

remember when they said Iraq had WMDs? who cares what they say, it isn't important to anyone but stuck rear end loser dems

That was mostly the Bush administration's work. They exaggerated intelligence. No doubt Iraq was trying to obtain WMDs but the idea that they were succeeding in any way that the rest of the world should worry about was a result of Rummy and Cheney et al pushing that narrative.

I'm not going to pretend that the intelligence community is a bunch of saints but they don't play well together so if they are agreeing on Russian interference, then I'm inclined to lend it more credibility than some loving literally crazy person screaming about a fake birth certificate or jet fuel and steel beams.

I also think the hacks aren't what the dems should point to in regards to their loss but the idea that it's just some complete fabrication from the illuminati who really control our government is absurd.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Top 10 Dem Disadvantage Markets

Top 10 Dem Advantage Markets

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

If Hillary is a True Progressive why is she not organizing any efforts agaisnt Trump and also spending so much time with her wealthy campaign donors?

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

logikv9 posted:

Oh, Hillary.

Well, nothing to be done but-

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

They also spend campaign time and ad money on states like AZ since Hillary was desperate to show she could do better than Obama's accomplishments in the GE.

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

etalian posted:

If Hillary is a True Progressive why is she not organizing any efforts agaisnt Trump and also spending so much time with her wealthy campaign donors?

No true Scotsman...

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

logikv9 posted:

What the gently caress were they doing advertising in half those places? :psyduck: Goddammit this is incompetent.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Actually it might be more accurate to sort by raw # of ads vs ad difference

Top 20 Dem Ad Buys

Top 20 Rep Ad Buys

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group
Wait, is it actually this thread's opinion that the Russians didn't hack the DNC?

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
well, when somebody falls for phishing bullshit, technically it's hacking, but saying they got hacked disguises the fact that they fell for phishing bullshit.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
I thought that was Podesta's e-mails within the Clinton campaign? Is that the same leak as the DNC?

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
they're blaming the russians for everything, so you'll understand if i get a little confused sometimes.

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

don't get me wrong -- i'm dumber than poo poo

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

It's mostly that it's just really hard to take the Russia blaming seriously when it's primarily from the mouths of folks who spent the past year defending every lovely thing the US does and has done internationally, election interference included.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

i still think going "lol craaaazy conspiracy" and brushing off the russia thing is dumb, but more dumb is thinking russia somehow made people vote trump with their amazing mind-control rayguns

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Like I'm pretty sure Russia did/tried to do some stuff, but going all in on them as if they actually accomplished anything through it is both lol and democrats as gently caress.

mugrim
Mar 2, 2007

Fidel Castronaut posted:

That was mostly the Bush administration's work.

It wasn't just them though. The CIA put out a public statement saying they believed SH was a few years into a ten year attempt to build nuclear missiles.

Seriously, the same "Intelligence reports confirm from all these agencies!" Nonsense was trotted out at the time too, and it turned out it was all these agencies reading a lovely report and not them all coming to the same conclusion separately.

mugrim has issued a correction as of 21:07 on Jan 1, 2017

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Yinlock posted:

i still think going "lol craaaazy conspiracy" and brushing off the russia thing is dumb, but more dumb is thinking russia somehow made people vote trump with their amazing mind-control rayguns

Hill Folk need something to blame for her failed presidential bid.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Pollyanna posted:

Bernie would have won.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

etalian posted:

Hill Folk need something to blame for her failed presidential bid.

why do they need to invent one, there's a ton of reasons and a lot of them are hillary herself

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

you have never been more spoiled for choice as to reasons for losing

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Yinlock posted:

why do they need to invent one, there's a ton of reasons and a lot of them are hillary herself

she can't be the/a reason, is the thing

mugrim
Mar 2, 2007

Yinlock posted:

Because she might run in 2020

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Oh Snapple! posted:

she can't be the/a reason, is the thing

Yes it's all about blame shifting to external factors and not admitting Hillary's bad leadership led to her own defeat.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
I remember reading some pundit saying "Hillary would have won but Bernie dragged her too far left" and the next thing I remember was waking up 12 hours later covered in blood.

mugrim
Mar 2, 2007

etalian posted:

Yes it's all about blame shifting to external factors and not admitting Hillary's bad leadership led to her own defeat.

Bad leadership implies she is one.

She's not. She's a nepotism case without an ounce of personal responsibility or Charisma. Kind of like a robot Kennedy but without the history of accomplishing real important poo poo or humor.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Show me more Bernie sleeper agent conspiracy theorists, those were the funniest thing in the last couple days

e: you ever get a rage title and not even know what someone got mad about

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Hey now, she successfully carpetbagged her way into an extremely safe senate seat that probably any dem would have won!

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/815432074698035200

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

loquacius posted:

Show me more Bernie sleeper agent conspiracy theorists, those were the funniest thing in the last couple days

e: you ever get a rage title and not even know what someone got mad about

did you touch some klurf's gummy gum guts without their permission?

• Locked thread