Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Oh Snapple! posted:

Hey now, she successfully carpetbagged her way into an extremely safe senate seat that probably any dem would have won!

Honestly the best place for Hillary would be in a safe blue senate district.

Very bad SoS and also can add getting defeated by Trump to list of defeats.

etalian has issued a correction as of 21:29 on Jan 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
growingironicat.gif

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Pollyanna posted:

What the gently caress were they doing advertising in half those places? :psyduck: Goddammit this is incompetent.

all of those are battleground media markets?

mugrim
Mar 2, 2007

The same eye cannot both look up to heaven and down to earth.

Oh Snapple! posted:

Hey now, she successfully carpetbagged her way into an extremely safe senate seat that probably any dem would have won!

Speaking of, remembering my organizer days, in 2008 I was buds with one of Kennedys staff who said Teddy almost screamed her out when he heard she was running in NY because she bought a house there and refused to admit she was running. He basically had someone else in mind and figured she would run for a purple state both to prove her bonafidas for a future presidential run as well as prove to her peers he has chops while also scoring an extra Senate seat. When she ran in NY he was furious and when the Dems were down allowing Cheney to be he tie breaker he lost his poo poo and blamed her. Then when she voted for OIF he apparently just hated her that much more.

mugrim has issued a correction as of 21:35 on Jan 1, 2017

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The best place for Hillary is out of politics. And those who continue to support her can join her.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

The best place for Hillary is out of politics. And those who continue to support her can join her.

Alternatively locked away in a safe blue congressional district.

mugrim
Mar 2, 2007

The same eye cannot both look up to heaven and down to earth.

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

This will seem a lot less funny in 2020 when she runs again.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

mugrim posted:

Speaking of, remembering my organizer days, in 2008 I was buds with one of Kennedys staff who said Teddy almost screamed her out when he heard she was running in NY because she bought a house there and refused to admit she was running. He basically had someone else in mind and figured she would run for a purple state both to prove her bonafidas for a future presidential run as well as prove to her peers he has chops while also scoring an extra Senate seat. When she ran in NY he was furious and when the Dems were down allowing Cheney to be he tie breaker he lost his poo poo and blamed her. Then when she voted for OIF he apparently just hated her that much more.

As much as this is a circlejerk of Clinton hate, dear lord was this woman a cancer on the Dems.

EDIT: I say "was" because god I hope she doesn't try to run again.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Pook Good Mook posted:

Wait, is it actually this thread's opinion that the Russians didn't hack the DNC?

I'm sure they did. But calling that "hacking the election" is disingenuous at best.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
somebody is planning a "bet X on whether or not this happens between 2017 - 2020" thread but y'all are welcome to bet not-toxxes on another hillary run when the thread shows up

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

etalian posted:

Alternatively locked away in a safe blue congressional district.

but being in the senate gave her the idea that she could run for president. let's just let her find another bucket into which she can get her head stuck and field better, more talented, more competent democrats.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Thoguh posted:

I'm sure they did. But calling that "hacking the election" is disingenuous at best.

Yeah, it wasn't Stuxnet or little green men. Podesta saw a chance for cool new ringtones for his Motorola Razr and knew his aol account with password Passw3rd was uncrackable. Is Russia a blight on the world stage? Of course. But so are idiots in power who don't use two factor authentication.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

logikv9 posted:

somebody is planning a "bet X on whether or not this happens between 2017 - 2020" thread but y'all are welcome to bet not-toxxes on another hillary run when the thread shows up
Hell it was the real topic of her 2 hours + an entire evening late concession speech.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

well, when somebody falls for phishing bullshit, technically it's hacking, but saying they got hacked disguises the fact that they fell for phishing bullshit.

Bonzi Buddy was a kgb op
-a liberal

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

etalian posted:

The Clinton campaign spend millions of dollars for TV ad buys in California

they didn't buy ads in california, but they did make national ad buys (as did trump)

CrumFUNist!
Nov 27, 2005

Ridiculous. Fight Song sounds much more like something Pink crapped out.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

mugrim posted:

Clinton also put him on her enemy list along with other dems who weren't loyal to her after he decided to endorse Obama in 2008

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

logikv9 posted:

growingironicat.gif

This image isn't working for me

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

etalian posted:

Clinton also put him on her enemy list along with other dems who weren't loyal to her after he decided to endorse Obama in 2008

wow hillary killed ted kennedy, hosed up

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mugrim posted:

This will seem a lot less funny in 2020 when she runs again.

i laugh like a madman because the truth damages the psyche enough as it is.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

i laugh like a madman because the truth damages the psyche enough as it is.

She'll be back for the 2020 race, she lost this race because of the russians, Bernie pulled her to far to the left and also all americans who didn't support her being racist.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

etalian posted:

Yes it's all about blame shifting to external factors and not admitting Hillary's bad leadership led to her own defeat.

The equal and opposite position, in which there were no external factors other than HILLARY BAD, is also dumb. And frankly, I think, a little more dangerous, because no one's gonna let Hillary run again* but things like the Republicans doing their damnedest to make it illegal for the working class (and especially the minority working class) to vote and Russia acting as a pro-Trump SuperPAC and Trump being good at putting on a big popular show (which is to say, a political campaign) would be problems for any campaign, and I'd hate to see an actual good candidate lose because the only lesson we learned was HILLARY BAD.

___
*Watch me be hilariously and tragically wrong about this

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

etalian posted:

y'know, with her ~enemies list~ poo poo in mind, her telling michigan to gently caress off in the general suddenly makes so much more sense :v:

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

etalian posted:

She'll be back for the 2020 race, she lost this race because of the russians, Bernie pulled her to far to the left and also all americans who didn't support her being racist.

and she's going to do the exact same thing she has done twice before and i really have to wonder how often this has to keep happening before people stop treating her seriously.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.
Hillary isn't running in 2020. She's irrelevant to all but other irrelevant people.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

etalian posted:

She'll be the Jeb! of 2020.

Digiwizzard
Dec 23, 2003

Pork Pro
hillary clinton is electable. as 2020 presidential candidate hillary clinton qualifies to be elected

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Fidel Castronaut posted:

Hillary isn't running in 2020. She's irrelevant to all but other irrelevant people.

"Irrelevant" and "in control of the Democratic Party" are not mutually exclusive

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Crowsbeak posted:

She'll be the Jeb! of 2020.

Spending vast of amounts of money to only get humilated by Trump?

I think she was the Jeb! of the general election.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

etalian posted:

Spending vast of amounts of money to only get humilated by Trump?

I think she was the Jeb! of the general election.

Now if only people hated Jeb! (who actually deserves it) the way they hate Hillary (who kind of deserves it).

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Fidel Castronaut posted:

Jokes on you, the Democratic party is full of irrelevant people! Hahaha-oh wait. :smith:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

docbeard posted:

Now if only people hated Jeb! (who actually deserves it) the way they hate Hillary (who kind of deserves it).

Jeb! was a better source of unintentional comedic moments than Clinton.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

People who make it to the main event and lose do not run again, except Nixon? Either way, as loving stupid as the DNC is, they are not running the personification of hubris who lost humiliatingly to a total buffoon and who has zero credibility with the working-class. Calm down, folks.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Fidel Castronaut posted:

People who make it to the main event and lose do not run again, except Nixon? Either way, as loving stupid as the DNC is, they are not running the personification of hubris who lost humiliatingly to a total buffoon and who has zero credibility with the working-class. Calm down, folks.

But Hillary is the Nixon of the democrats

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

etalian posted:

But Hillary is the Nixon of the democrats

https://twitter.com/BAKKOOONN/status/421370207693594624

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Nixon's loss to JFK was like Hillary's to Obama, something that could be bounced back from. This is a whole other animal. Nobody likes Hillary Clinton. Even fewer people than the already inadequate number of people who liked her before this. There is a specter haunting the DNC and it's giving a poo poo about HRC.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Fidel Castronaut posted:

used to be a athing

how many times did adlai stevenson run again

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Tricky Dick

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Hillary is an egg salad sandwich that didn't get any better after being left out on the counter for 8 years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Hillary has to run in 2020 to bring in more money to the foundation. It looks like no one is donating now.

• Locked thread