Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bananaquiter
Aug 20, 2008

Ron's not here.

The Lobotomy Kid posted:

Is it legal for my landlord to have installed a dollar coin operated flusher on my toilet?

Usually the toilet will auto flush if you dump a bucket of water in it, at least in America it will.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Bananaquiter posted:

Usually the toilet will auto flush if you dump a bucket of water in it, at least in America it will.
[UPDATE: Landlord says I can't have buckets in my apartment. Is this legal?

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Andrast posted:

You are giving reddit humanity a lot of credit here

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

The coin operated toilet has made it into news stories lol

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

The coin operated toilet has made it into news stories lol

Yeah but can the op make money on it?!

Speaking of, that Hathimals thing from earlier came across my dash shortly after I read the story here. Sucks for her!

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.

value-brand cereal posted:

I think in most states you can be put into a 48-72 hour hold to prevent self harm or harm to others. After that you're released. Why she spent two weeks I don't know. Could be a self volunteered mental health vacation.

What I'm curious about in that crazy stalker mom story is how the daughter was never clued into to other ways the mom was crazy. Like were there no other signs of weirdness?

I'm not sure about other states, but in mine if you are involuntarily committed you have a hearing complete with a judge and public defender to see if you are able to be released. Mom probably said some pretty batshit stuff for whatever reason (attention-seeking, genuine illness, whatever) and got kept there.

As far as stalker mom, the girl probably just never noticed anything off about her mom. People can get used to all kinds of crazy poo poo as kids.

Edit for content:

My [25/f] boyfriend [30/m] made New Years extremely stressful, became aggressive, and isn't speaking to me today

quote:

I've been with my boyfriend for like... 2ish years. Lived together for almost exactly a year.
My boyfriend turned New Years into a nightmare.
We decided that we’d stay in on new years, have some champagne, make a nice steak, and listen to the fireworks on our balcony. Very casual, low pressure new years.
Important side note: My boyfriend is a big drinker. In the first ~6 months of our relationship, I kind of went along with whatever he wanted to do and I drank a lot with him, way more than I normally would. Honestly it got to a point where we were going to bars like, most nights of the week and I felt sick all the time. Well, eventually I got really fed up and I stopped drinking all together. I also told him that the amount of time he spends drinking and in bars bothers me. He cut it down a bit but in general still loves drinking. He still goes out for a wine or two several times a week while I haven’t touched a drop of alcohol in 6+ months.
So, this weekend my boyfriend’s daughter was staying with us, and leaving on December 31st around 5 PM, and we planned to start celebrating New Years then. Well when she sleeps here, my boyfriend makes me sleep on the fold out couch (he doesn’t want to upset her, wants to take everything slowly with her, etc). I’ve been sleeping on the couch every other weekend for about 8 months. It’s hard and uncomfortable and I’m always exhausted the next day. So, by the time my boyfriend eventually came home from the bar (around 7:30 PM), I was really really sleepy already.
My boyfriend saw that I looked tired and was already getting frustrated with me. He asked what was wrong and I basically told him what I wrote here: nothing is wrong I slept on the couch and I’m a bit tired. He got more frustrated and said (already in an angry tone) “if I had known you didn’t want to celebrate New Years, I would have made other plans” and I asked him where he’d rather be and he said “I would have gone with my family. They wanted me to be with them tonight but I chose to spend it with you” (which is BS because he says his family ‘stresses him out’ and he can’t stand them for more than a couple of hours, pretty sure he was just trying to guilt trip me) and he also said “the entire rest of the country is celebrating tonight. It’s normal to drink and celebrate” I told him “If I’m not festive enough for you, then go with your family, they live down the street, I don’t want to ruin your night” and he said “no it’s too late now, I can’t go now” (it was like ~8 PM)
Well, I also told him that I’m happy to make an effort and celebrate with him but I haven’t had any alcohol in a long time, many months and I honestly don’t really want to drink it, it makes me feel sick, I don’t like it. He said “fine, no problem, you can have water”
Well, at this point he’s already very drunk and I’m dead sober and he’s still being passive aggressive and annoyed that I’m not drinking and I feel this weird pressure on me like I’m being a downer and ruining New Years. So I decide to try and fix the night by drinking a couple glasses of wine. Things start to get better, I’ve drank half the bottle of wine and he’s in a better mood and we’re having fun.
The problem is that I was already beyond exhausted and the alcohol made that worse and I was trying to force myself to stay awake and be upbeat. At one point around 10 PM he was trying to dance with me to some music and I was genuinely falling asleep standing up leaning on him. I was trying so hard to stay awake but it was getting harder and harder. I genuinely started to feel like I was being held hostage in my own home. Drinking and trying to be energetic just to appease him, not allowed to rest.
We had bought two giant steaks to make for dinner, but he said he wasn’t hungry so we can make them after midnight. At this point, 11 PM, I couldn’t keep my eyes open any longer and I laid down on the couch and basically passed out.
At 11:56 he woke me up with a jacket in his hands and told me to hurry up and come outside because it’s 4 minutes until midnight. I got up, groggy as hell, and mumbled “this is torture” (i.e being awake) which in hindsight wasn’t very nice of me and I didn’t mean for him to hear it, but he heard it and get angry. Anyway, I followed him outside to the freezing balcony, and saw that he had a bottle of champagne, some candles, and a joint. I was still half asleep and I sat there shivering and chattering my teeth, eyes half open. He made a bunch of passive aggressive comments about the nice champagne and candles and how I’m not appreciating it. The clock struck midnight and he said “I suppose you don’t want any champagne” in a super disproving tone. Then he said “I rolled this joint, you’re not going to have it are you?” I said “Ok… I guess I will…” just to try and appease him again but he said “Ugh, nevermind, just go inside”
I go inside and sit on the couch around 12:20, and he comes in and says in a super angry tone “I’m still not hungry, I’m not going to make my steak. Do you want dinner? I can make yours I guess.” and I was beyond exhausted by now and just wanted to crawl to bed so I said “no that’s okay, I’m fine” and he started making these passive aggressive comments like “what a shame, I bought good meat. Such a shame to freeze them.”
I’m just so done at this point so I go to change into pajamas and put sheets on the bed. He stood in the doorway glaring at me. Like, aggressively glaring, not saying a word. I said “so you’re going to be aggressive now?” and he said “Yes.” and continued creepily standing there glaring with a look of pure hatred. He went back outside to drink the rest of the champagne, and I went to bed.
I woke up around 1 AM starving and went to quickly eat some bread so that I could go back to sleep. He was in the living room and said “is this how you want to start the new year?”
I told him he wasn’t very nice to me all night and went back to bed. I’ve been awake for about 2 hours now but he is giving me the silent treatment and won’t come out of the bedroom.
I don’t think I did a good job of explaining in this post just how aggressive he was all night. He was openly angry with me if I showed signs of tiredness or if I didn’t want to drink more. He made non-stop passive aggressive comments about how good the meat he bought was, how he put candles on the balcony, how he should have gone to his parents house instead, etc. I felt this huge uncomfortable pressure all night to drink way more than I wanted to, to stay awake and energetic, to try and make him happy.
It’s like whatever I wanted to do was wrong, and the only right thing to do was to get shitfaced and dance to music. I would have rather spent new years watching a movie with a joint and pizza, but he never asked me what I wanted to do. He just aggressively guilt tripped me into conforming to what he wanted and got angry when I didn’t perform well enough.
Another weird side note is that my boyfriend in general does not give a drat about holidays. Christmas? Bought a cheap mini tree the day before just for his daughter, nothing else, no movies, no Christmas music, nothing. Thanksgiving? We didn’t celebrate it. Halloween? We didn’t celebrate it. My birthday? He didn’t get me anything. Valentine’s day? Nothing. Then all of the sudden on “national alcohol day” he’s super into it, makes a huge deal about celebrating it correctly, and puts a ton of pressure on me.
He finally came out of the bedroom around 2 PM and told me "don't worry I'm not angry at you" as if I'm 100% wrong and he is innocent.
What do you think?
tl;dr: Boyfriend spent new years angry at me for being tired, guilt-tripped me into drinking, and became scary and aggressive by the end of the night

To this OP's credit, she isn't trying to tell us what a wonderful guy he is outside of his drinking,

Melchiresa fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Jan 1, 2017

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
I remember a White Castle near my house had a pay toilet back in the early 80s. You can to put a quarter in a slot on the door so it would open.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

I can see that happening in a big city. Haven't seen it myself but it would make sense to keep non-customers away, and more convenient for employees than a key if they're super busy.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
That's not uncommon, you didn't live there, I'm assuming.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
I'm glad that when I eventually get an SO it will be okay to treat them like poo poo

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Menstrual Show posted:

I can see that happening in a big city. Haven't seen it myself but it would make sense to keep non-customers away, and more convenient for employees than a key if they're super busy.

I live in the 15th largest city in the US, and by a huge proportion, the largest city in my state. I have never seen a coin-operated toilet in a fast food place and also never saw it in my previous huge Midwest metro area.

I guess I don't live in NY, SF, or LA though, so maybe it's hilariously "normal" there.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

I live in the 15th largest city in the US, and by a huge proportion, the largest city in my state. I have never seen a coin-operated toilet in a fast food place and also never saw it in my previous huge Midwest metro area.

I guess I don't live in NY, SF, or LA though, so maybe it's hilariously "normal" there.

I have lived in NYC and LA and they don't exist there. You do see bathroom codes on receipts to try and curb non-customers but that just means you have homeless guys rifling through the trashcans in the store

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
when I went to London there were coin operated bathrooms and it was the worst

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

I've never even used a toilet

Open relationship incoming:

Me 30/f] and my [45/m:lol:] Husband have nothing to say to each other. What do I do to resolve this?[new]

quote:

We've been together for 8 years, married for 2. We get along great and rarely fight. He's a quiet guy, I'm a reserved person, but I've noticed all we really do is sit in front of TV on our phones. I've brought it up and he says I don't say anything to him either. It was really bad on my birthday. We sat at the restaurant, barely saying a few words to each other, and then he gets out his phone. It was pathetic. We've gone to a therapist together once and the outcome was that I need to ask for what I want and give him the chance to do it. That seems selfish to me. But what I want is an engaging relationship and neither of us is putting in the effort to make it so. What do I do?

TL:DR : my husband and I have nothing to say to each other after 8 years together

Ratjaculation fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Jan 1, 2017

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Ratjaculation posted:

I've never even used a toilet

Open relationship incoming:

Me 30/f] and my [45/m:lol:] Husband have nothing to say to each other. What do I do to resolve this?[new]

waiting for the update where he was swiping right on 22 year olds on Tinder.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

My animes!

My parents [45] will not let me [17 M] go to Japan, despite saving up myself.

quote:

So long story short, I've had a strong desire to go to Japan for at least the past 3-4 years. I've spent quite a lot of time studying the language in my own time, which my parents are very supportive of.

For the past year or so, I've been saving to fund myself to go. I went out and got myself a part time job, opened a savings account, etc, and I've finally got enough to book the flights and fund most of it for late 2017. However, my parents refuse to let me go alone, despite the fact that I would be going on 18 at that point. They've promised they'd let me do well if I passed my exams last year, which I did, and have reassured me that they'd follow through with, regardless of whether I fund it or not.

They say that they will only let me go if I go with a friend. I've asked my friends, and they would love to come. However, they would not be able to get the money to go, so that leaves me with nobody to go with.

Am I best off just going ahead and booking the flights, or should I listen to my parents and wait it out?

Thanks in advance

tl;dr: Parents wont let me go to Japan, despite funding myself and will be nearly 18 at the time of going.

Anony Mouse
Jan 30, 2005

A name means nothing on the battlefield. After a week, no one has a name.
Lipstick Apathy

naptalan posted:

Rest easy, it is an old post. :) Though possibly she killed that boyfriend and stuffed him under the floorboards, and you saw a post from her next victim?

Here's another old one that manages to hit most of the r/relationships bingo card (narcissism! weird food issues! stalking! suicide attempts!) It's super long and probably fake but still entertaining:

I discovered that my parents [50s] have been lying to me [19 F] about my food allergies (and who knows what else) for my entire life. Am I justified if I cut them out of my life?

[Update] I discovered that my parents [50s] have been lying to me [19 F] about my food allergies (and who knows what else) for my entire life. Am I justified if I cut them out of my life?

My NMom is in the hospital right now because she became suicidal after a meeting with me and our university. I feel so guilty. (r/raisedbynarcissists)
Honestly a bit tragic that crazy mom failed in her attempt.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Maybe they're saving him from shoehorning his trip to Japan into evey convo in college??

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
His parents are right because going to Japan (or really, anywhere internationally) solo at age 18 is a very bad idea and a total waste of time and money. I can see the desire to visit Japan with a friend or three, but dude going on his own as a literal teenager sounds like a miserable time, so he should listen to his parents.

He should also be taking advantage of exchange programs, discounted student tours, etc at his age. What made him think going solo without a real plan was a good idea?

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

His parents are right because going to Japan (or really, anywhere internationally) solo at age 18 is a very bad idea and a total waste of time and money. I can see the desire to visit Japan with a friend or three, but dude going on his own as a literal teenager sounds like a miserable time, so he should listen to his parents.

He should also be taking advantage of exchange programs, discounted student tours, etc at his age. What made him think going solo without a real plan was a good idea?

im gonna go out on a limb here and say: anime

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling
My (34M) wife of 5 years (37F) and I are, or were, TTC. She went on a natural health kick but now she smells and possibly has an infection. I can't stand to touch her and she thinks I'm "disgusted" by her. She's kinda right.

quote:

So my wife has always been kind of a low maintenance tomboy/sporty type. I loved that about her. My personal tastes have never been the beauty queens with big hair and heavy makeup. If you do, or that's you, cool, it's just not my preference. What I'm saying is I love her natural appearance and style.
She was always clean. A shower most days, or at least every other if she was tired one day or running late. Teeth brushed religiously twice a day, she even flossed! She didn't shave her pubes but did trim short (her preference), wore deodorant and minimal makeup. Average day was a little powder, natural eyeshadow, mascara and go.
We decided to start trying for a baby about a year ago. She started reading about tips to help conceive and somehow she went on this "natural" bender. She went mostly vegan and unprocessed foods. Ok, that's probably healthier than how the average American eats. I'm ok with that.
But her hygiene took a dive. Off a mountain top. And hit every rock on the way down.
She rarely showers anymore. Like 2x a week, max. She says our skin is unhealthy, we're getting superbugs and skin infections because we're too clean. She stopped using her usual deodorant because the aluminim is bad for you, and switched to a natural brand. It doesn't work. She smells, I don't want to touch her because her skin feels sticky and oily and unclean. Did I mention she smells? Guys, she reeks. She has a physical job and this deodorant does NOTHING. I've smelled her natural BO obviously, I think this stuff makes her smell worse than using nothing at all would. She almost smells like she's rotting, it's a nasty, sweet, carmelized onion mixed with feet mixed with maple syrup. It's gross.
And speaking of onions.
I think she has a vaginal infection. She stopped trimming because she says that hair is a natural defense against infection. Ok, whatev, her body. But even when she has freshly showered, she doesn't clean herself with anything but water because that "messes up PH and gives you an infection". Mind you, she spent years washing externally with body wash and never got an infection. Her vagina smells strongly like onions. She wanted oral one night and I told her go wash, with soap, or no way. She did, came back, I went down on her, and her vaginal fluids, smelled and tasted exactly like that taste you have in your mouth for a few hours after eating something with a lot of onion.
I stopped, said something tastes off, maybe she has an infection and should get checked. She said ok, came back a couple days later with some meds, said all was good.
Except haha! She went to a naturopath! Not a real, licensed doctor. Next time we had sex, I pulled out and there was (sorry guys, I have to) this thick, yellow goop, that still smelled like onions. I said I thought she still had the infection, she had some off color discharge, she should probably go back to the doctor, and that's when I found out the naturopath she went to, not a DOCTOR, had given her some "probiotic ampules" to use.
I kinda lost it.
I said no sex, and thereby CERTAINLY no procreation, until she got her health in order. I read that a vaginal infection can cause preterm labor and if we are going to conceive I'm not losing our baby to stupidity and quackery. That she smelled, I was tired of going to bed next to a greasy, sticky, dirty, smelly wife, I found it horribly disgusting and disrespectful that she would expect me to perform oral when she has an infection, that until she fixes her hygiene and fixes her infection, no. I'm done. I'm sleeping in the guest room.
And yes, I had talked about it. I had gently suggested she shower more often because she was getting a little whiffy. I had more forcefully and seriously said babe, no offense, but that deodorant isn't working, you have pretty bad BO.
She just kept going on about how we're too clean as a society, we use too many chemicals, this that and the other thing and ok, I'll concede on some of that. We probably don't NEED a daily shower, and an a antiperspirant that stops sweating, which is a natural process, may be questionable, and a lot of our modern "conveniences" do have a lot of chemicals.
But I don't think that you can just stop all self care and call it natural. If she doesn't want a full shower at least wash up. Her breath is awful because she only uses baking soda now to brush because fluoride and something else in toothpaste is "chemical". She's going to get cavities and gum disease like how is that better?
And how the poo poo does she expect to conceive and carry a healthy pregnancy when she has a god damned infection in her god damned reproductive organs? Not to mention how repulsive it is.
She just insists that medications are more chemicals, her body needs to "equalize" and be "natural" again and everything will be ok. That this is all my issue because I'm repulsed by "natural" body functions. I'm not. I AM, however, repulsed by dirt, body oil buildup, bad odors and infection.
So, we're at an impasse. Idk what my options are. I can't see leaving over this, really, but she refuses to see a medical doctor, she refuses to improve her hygiene, and I'm not ok with it. This isn't tenable, but I don't know how we're going to get out of this loop.
tl;dr Wife's "natural" and "chemical free" lifestyle while we're TTC has lead to horrible hygiene and a likely vaginal infection. She says I'm disgusted by her natural state, but I'm not. We probably are too clean, we probably do use too many chemicals. I can compromise but I can't deal with awful BO, and I won't have a child with her while she has a vaginal infection. Neither of us will bend, how do we solve this?

EWW! Eww ew ew!

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Time posted:

I have lived in NYC and LA and they don't exist there. You do see bathroom codes on receipts to try and curb non-customers but that just means you have homeless guys rifling through the trashcans in the store

They used to be very common in the greater LA area. You still see them, here and there, though most have gone to tokens or special codes. They exist to prevent vandalism.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

When I traveled Europe, the reststops all had coin operated restrooms

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
Its like they are encouraging the poor to poo poo in the street

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
She's prob depressed honestly

Combine depression or OCD with targets or rationalization and you can really fall apart under the guise everything is cool and I'm trying to ACTUALLY take care of myself.

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf
You've got to be pretty loving depressed to be willing to ignore viscous yellow discharge coming out of your vagina. There's no way that area feels 'just fine', either. It's either itching, burning, or some horrific combination of both. You've got to be real hosed up in the head to let that slide.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Bonster posted:

My (34M) wife of 5 years (37F) and I are, or were, TTC. She went on a natural health kick but now she smells and possibly has an infection. I can't stand to touch her and she thinks I'm "disgusted" by her. She's kinda right.

EWW! Eww ew ew!

Well, I need a shower...

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Bonster posted:

EWW! Eww ew ew!

I had a good laugh at the caramelized onions mixed with feet mixed with maple syrup part.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Bonster posted:

EWW! Eww ew ew!

This is beyond gross. Dude is hosed and should probably think about divorce and not having a kid with his stupidly crunchy wife who doesn't shower properly because of "chemicals", won't treat her vaginal infection (:dogbutton:) because of "chemicals", and won't take care of herself period because of "chemicals". There's really no middle ground there when she seriously trusts homeopathy and refuses to visit an actual doctor. Disgusting.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Bonster posted:

EWW! Eww ew ew!

I've never frowned so hard in all my life as when I got about halfway through that

naptalan
Feb 18, 2009
That's so utterly disgusting I couldn't finish reading. Here is a palate cleanser:

Me [20M] with my friends(?) and housemates [20M&F] of nearly two years keep calling me an egg?

quote:

Hey r/relationships, I'm using a throw-away since I am pretty sure they use Reddit.

Basically, the story is as follows: one day I was eating eggs and one of my housemates decided to make fun of me for doing so - this was a few months ago, probably around January. It started out with just one person saying "look at this guy eating eggs" and progressed over a month or two to everyone but one simply calling me an egg, repeatedly, to my face, despite my many requests that they stop. The straw that broke the camel's back was today when I was tagged TWICE on a Facebook post that said "tag a mate who's a boiled egg", once by the only person who didn't really call me an egg up until this point. This actually wasn't the first time I've been tagged in that sort of post, because the 'joke' has managed to spread around my university to the point that other people are aware of it and call me an egg sometimes as well.

Like I said, I've tried asking them to stop and they usually do for an hour or two before resuming (or sometimes they wait a bit longer and call me other nicknames, and insist that they're compliments.) How can I get them to stop? Should I move out, or is it possible to deal with this in another way? I feel like it would be a good idea but I really like the house and don't know where else I'd go. I live in a very expensive city where I wouldn't be able to easily find somewhere else to live.

tl;dr: Friends keep calling me an egg. Don't know how to make them stop.

Best comment from the thread:

quote:

Get a notebook. Write their names down and keep a tally. Everytime they call you Egg, hide an egg in their room. Don't ever stop. An egg for an egg.

Lysistrata
Sep 12, 2003
Anyone who truly believes he has friends is a fool.
You guys are just repulsed by natural body functions. I bet you'd even freak out over something as simple and normal as a pubic polish plait.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

naptalan posted:

Me [20M] with my friends(?) and housemates [20M&F] of nearly two years keep calling me an egg?

Best comment from the thread:

Moving out because of a completely inoffensive and harmless nickname is definitely the way to go. The worst case scenario is if the OP brings home a girl and has to explain why people call him egg, literally can be explained in a minute and probably get a laugh. But egg is special, and butthurt

That comment is good.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
No I'm with the dude on this one. It sounds like they have no respect for him.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

yeah they dont really sound like they are his friends lol

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Ride The Gravitron posted:

No I'm with the dude on this one. It sounds like they have no respect for him.

Think he'll crack if they push him too far?

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
They really do seem to be egging him on.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

I wouldn't move out for that but they do sound like a bunch of jerks.

My advice is to blast this song on repeat every time they call him egg.

naptalan
Feb 18, 2009
Yeah, from the comments it doesn't sound like gentle ribbing, they know exactly what they're doing and are using the egg thing to deflect from not wanting to socialise with him:

quote:

Because it's not nice to not be called by my name and it makes me sad when this happens every single day of my life for months on end. It isn't a lwacky absurd story where they make a story about me murdering people. If I try and add something to a conversation they just say egg and laugh, before ignoring me.

To keep this going for months on end requires serious dedication. It's such a diabolical way to mess with someone, too. They've gotten everyone he knows to think it's just a fun in-joke. Even if he moves out, he can never escape the Egg.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

maybe he is actually Anne from Arrested Development