Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

iospace posted:

Sleipnirs are used as mainline doctrines out in w-space. Usually if you see armor fleets, you see Damnation support, and I haven't seen Gallente ships used personally.

Yes Sleipnirs are good ships on their own but I meant dedicated boosters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Zephyrine posted:

Yes Sleipnirs are good ships on their own but I meant dedicated boosters.

I'm no :ullerrm: by any means (so I'll defer to him if he chimes in), but you can get both an Eos and an Astarte up over 100k ehp before bursts using Imp Navy plates and EANMs, a C-type explosive membrane, and two T2 trimarks and still have room for two damage mods. However, a Damnation with T2 plates, EANMs, C-Type Thermal membrane, and T2 rigs gets 169k ehp. Switching to faction gets you up to 188k, and both of those are before bursts. Forgo any damage mods on a Damnation and we're talking well over 200k ehp. So that may explain the lack of Gallente on grid for bursts, though the Astarte can rip things to shreds if it wants.

e: if you wanted to, you can dual-plate a damnation at the expense of weapons, which puts you up to 302k ehp with T2 modules.

iospace fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Jan 1, 2017

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

iospace posted:

I'm no :ullerrm: by any means (so I'll defer to him if he chimes in), but you can get both an Eos and an Astarte up over 100k ehp before bursts using Imp Navy plates and EANMs, a C-type explosive membrane, and two T2 trimarks and still have room for two damage mods. However, a Damnation with T2 plates, EANMs, C-Type Thermal membrane, and T2 rigs gets 169k ehp. Switching to faction gets you up to 188k, and both of those are before bursts. Forgo any damage mods on a Damnation and we're talking well over 200k ehp. So that may explain the lack of Gallente on grid for bursts, though the Astarte can rip things to shreds if it wants.

e: if you wanted to, you can dual-plate a damnation at the expense of weapons, which puts you up to 302k ehp with T2 modules.

Currently I have both Damnation and Vulture (Armour and Shield respectively) but since the boost changes I was curious if the Minmatar and Gallente command ships had become viable on grid dedicated boosters since they do (did?) have the skirmish bonus.

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

Rust Martialis posted:

I actually have a mint unpunched copy of the game on the shelf.

I'm simultaneously no-loving-around impressed and also strangely unsurprised it's in pristine and unplayed form.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
nullsec players are peanut brained stegosaurus babbies whereas highsec pvpers are alpha male intelligent velociraptors

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

wow wow wow

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

nullsec players are peanut brained stegosaurus babbies whereas highsec pvpers are alpha male intelligent velociraptors

same

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

:beerpal: :hf: :sun:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

iospace posted:

Sleipnirs are used as mainline doctrines out in w-space. Usually if you see armor fleets, you see Damnation support, and I haven't seen Gallente ships used personally.

Considering how many people used (and probably still use) drone ships like the Ishtar, I never quite understood why the Gallente Eos is so underused. Do people hate the local rep bonus on the Eos so much they're willing to overlook all the good parts?

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Libluini posted:

Considering how many people used (and probably still use) drone ships like the Ishtar, I never quite understood why the Gallente Eos is so underused. Do people hate the local rep bonus on the Eos so much they're willing to overlook all the good parts?

We use buffer Eos for boosting. The better skirmish boosts are nice, sure, but they don't get the armor resists NOR the flat armor HP bonus that the Damnation does.

Our standard armor boosting damnation hits 415K EHP with its own links, and that's _before_ you factor in Slaves or any Titan effects. Our Eos barely hits 250K with armor links. A dead booster runs no links, so it's tempting to run half-bonused links on something that can stay alive, rather than use the ideal ship.

As for ratting, the Eos simply doesn't have any advantages over an Ishtar. You don't need the active tank bonus, the larger sig radius makes it less effective at tanking, and it doesn't bring any extra DPS to the table.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

yeah the eos just doesn't have a useful bonus over the ishtar really. The only thing it has that the ishtar doesn't really is the ability to use a mjd

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

Libluini posted:

Discounting the aids training time that only changed recently. It doesn't have that much going for it over the ishtar, it's slower, bigger and costs a lot more. Iirc it also only really has bonuses for heavies which is terrible in fleets. All in all its nice in small gangs for its utility and reps but in a fleet it's kind of meh

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
Welp guys, thanks that pretty much explains it, then. At least the Eos still has small gangs, I guess. :unsmith:

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Libluini posted:

Welp guys, thanks that pretty much explains it, then. At least the Eos still has small gangs, I guess. :unsmith:

And vertical supremacy.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Literally making bread while in tidi.

This is one RISE that doesn't lie to its members

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Tidi is the only time I ever clean my house

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

the eos also has one less mid than the myrm which is stupid as gently caress. Since the eos and ishtar both have a 4 mids and 6 lows. Also the eos is only good for heavy drones, ishtar is way better for sentries due to optimal range bonus and drone control range bonus.

If the eos could do mwd, mjd, web, scram, cap battery then it would be loving dope

PookBear fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Jan 1, 2017

Multilake
Dec 11, 2016

If you're in a jam, a crayon scrunched under your nose makes a good pretend moustache.

Keegers posted:

Tidi is the only time I ever clean my house

or get some poo poo done for uni.. thanks tidi

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT

amazeballs posted:

TEST is gonna get slaughtered but I love me some space wars so it's all good.

Hahahaha. Or not.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
managed to have a poo poo while waiting for my fighters to unload into space. good times

Multilake
Dec 11, 2016

If you're in a jam, a crayon scrunched under your nose makes a good pretend moustache.
I'm just sitting in my little guardian.. but even thinking about being in a carrier in this tidi-shitfest makes me want to throw up

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
tidi is great because it means things mostly work instead of "lol half of the people get black screens"

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
but an insane purgatory for the people actually playing

Multilake
Dec 11, 2016

You are right, playing a slow game is better than playing no game at all! I didn't want to sound like a pubbie, was just comparing my little ship that can't do very much to his much bigger ship :stare:

The Claptain
May 11, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Tidi is cool and good because I can go and prepare dinner between shots.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

The Claptain posted:

Tidi is cool and good because I can go and prepare dinner between shots.

During B-R I set my ship to travel towards my anchor. Did my morning routine, drove to work. Spread stuff all over to make it look like I'd been there a while. Drove back home (leaving earlier is easier to motivate than taking a day off) And I still hadn't reached my anchor by the time I arrived.

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!
I miss CCP Veritas

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

amazeballs posted:

Hahahaha. Or not.

Hahahaha. Or yes.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
tidi is cool because it lets me pack weed up and cook corndogs lmao

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT

ullerrm posted:

Hahahaha. Or yes.

Sorry, having trouble hearing you over the sound of all these CONDI caps getting loving dumpstered.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fWyzwo1xg0

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating

amazeballs posted:

Sorry, having trouble hearing you over the sound of all these CONDI caps getting loving dumpstered.

What was his name

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Garfunkel is the cat that likes lasagne right?

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Bread done!

Nunes
Apr 24, 2016

ullerrm posted:

Bread done!

Does it taste as good as it looks?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

ullerrm posted:

Bread done!

What does tidi taste like

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
yeasty

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

but an insane purgatory for the people actually playing

the main problem with TIDI is it allows all of eve to dogpile in. Fights that start with 1k dudes go into tidi which gives time for another 2k dudes to get to the fight. I like tidi but I wish it was capped at like, 25% instead of 10%. I think that in some cases if you prevented eve from slowing to a crawl at 10% tidi you would actually resolve some of the fight before it got dogpiled.

PookBear fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Jan 2, 2017

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Reverand maynard posted:

the main problem with TIDI is it allows all of eve to dogpile in. Fights that start with 1k dudes go into tidi which gives time for another 2k dudes to get to the fight. I like tidi but I wish it was capped at like, 25% instead of 10%. I think that in some cases if you prevented eve from slowing to a crawl at 10% tidi you would actually resolve some of the fight before it got dogpiled.

They should increase weapon damage based on tidi. So people get killed and knocked from the field quicker.

Also at 10% everyone is instantly podded if their ship receives a killing blow from another player.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Multilake
Dec 11, 2016

Those damage caps on structures are utterly retarded in tidi, your damage increase should count into that somehow, zeph..

• Locked thread