Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

serious gaylord posted:

Redshire, Tier 9 game. I'm in a VK4502 B with a crippled Engine. They have 3 tanks left, 1 scout, and 2 arty who using remarkable brainpower have clearly run away from their usual spot. We have 4 tanks left, 2 mediums, myself and a T49 and we've just got to their cap circle as the enemy scout started capping.

What do you think my team did? Did they:

a) Go back to our base, kill the scout and then chase the artillery. Win the game comfortably and get showered in XP and credits.
b) Chase artillery until the enemy team win by capping while I sob into my keyboard.

c) they sat on the cap while the one scout spotted them and the two artillery constantly reset them, then it was you alone against two artillery and a scout.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

d) started to go back to base but changed their minds and turned back around half-way to try to win a cap-race from a 60 point deficit instead.

e) teamkilled you for suggesting they reset the cap

f) killed the arty, got back to the base in time, and then lost the 3v1 with the light tank

Prav fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Jan 2, 2017

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

If you've researched everything for a vehicle does that experience go into free experience pool or?

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

VelociBacon posted:

If you've researched everything for a vehicle does that experience go into free experience pool or?

it stays on that tank until you pay gold to turn it into free exp

i suggest just turning on accelerated crew training on your elite tanks

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Prav posted:

Thanks, I'll do that.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

doesnt the new version have worse camo and view range? cause it was basically invisible firing from behind a bush, even into 120meters
Dunno about camo but the view range was axed along with all other TDs some time ago, yeah. And they also nerfed its mobility really heavily, to the point where I'd say the Achilles is more mobile since the Hellcat's acceleration is so abysmal.

Also why are people talking about "the old T49" like it doesn't exist anymore? They might have changed the name to T67 but it's still the same vehicle and pretty great at it.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Prav posted:

Does this actually help out if you're playing a tank you're not really looking to use? Are the crews somewhat shared?

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

VelociBacon posted:

Does this actually help out if you're playing a tank you're not really looking to use? Are the crews somewhat shared?
You can use the same crew in new tanks. Arguably you should start keeping your crews from around tier IV as skills and perks take so long to develop. This does mean paying to retrain your crews. I personally pay gold and train to 100% so I get the fastest skill and perk training possible.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Hellsau posted:

The T57 is fine, it's just outclassed in versatility by the 50B and the Swedish tier 10 autoloader heavy has a good turret for hulldown. The T57 still clips out in six seconds for 1600 damage, which ain't nothing, but HEAT is real garbage and the 50B is so drat fast that I prefer the 50B for basically every situation that matters.

The T54E1 is super good though, better in-tier than the T57 is.

lol the T57 uses HEAT? What a garbage round, it should at least have some kind of advantage over APCR seeing HEAT is useless if it hits tracks or spaced armor like that silly flyscreen thing on the front of the tier 10 or 9 swedish TD I forget which. I lost literally millions of credits shooting HEAT with the T69 gun. T54E1 is a Good Tank though it isn't very good at snap shots so far and while popping out to empty my hot load in someones face a dumb on my team has jumped in front of me after I fire just in time to catch my 2nd shell in the back of his retarded head, twice in a single day. I guess because they have no idea what autoloaders are.

Nordick posted:

Dunno about camo but the view range was axed along with all other TDs some time ago, yeah. And they also nerfed its mobility really heavily, to the point where I'd say the Achilles is more mobile since the Hellcat's acceleration is so abysmal.

Also why are people talking about "the old T49" like it doesn't exist anymore? They might have changed the name to T67 but it's still the same vehicle and pretty great at it.

They changed how camo worked on TD's after they fired so now they get lit up like every other tank, before the Hellcat etc was loving silly in that it would stay invisible while shooting you from 100m away, it changed not long after I started playing and was a good change imo.

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!
HEAT rounds usually get higher raw pen than APCR at the same tier, except when they don't. It usually isn't enough to make up for HEAT being inherently worse.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Fat Jesus posted:

I guess because they have no idea what autoloaders are.

Which is surprising given that every single tank added in the two years since I last played seems to be a goddamn autoloader

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Nordick posted:

For a while, because Wargaming is really stupid, they swapped the T67 turrets around so that the top turret was open topped instead of it being the stock turret, but forgot to swap the view range stats. The T67 had 370m base view range for a few months, which was totally bonkers at tier 5. Now that it's back to 340m, it's merely a great tank.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

McGavin posted:

Post your account name and I'll invite you later today.

Account Name: Gunther_MT

Who knows, you might even remember platooning or even CW stuff with me!

E: I haven't played my old lower tiers in so long that I didn't know the T49 was changed to the T67, and had no idea that the Hellcat mobility was nerfed. Farewell sweet prince, I shall remember bombing around the map with the sweet 90mm death cannon fondly.

The Locator fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Jan 2, 2017

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

The Locator posted:

Account Name: Gunther_MT

Who knows, you might even remember platooning or even CW stuff with me!

E: I haven't played my old lower tiers in so long that I didn't know the T49 was changed to the T67, and had no idea that the Hellcat mobility was nerfed. Farewell sweet prince, I shall remember bombing around the map with the sweet 90mm death cannon fondly.

Invite sent.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Prav posted:

d) started to go back to base but changed their minds and turned back around half-way to try to win a cap-race from a 60 point deficit instead.

e) teamkilled you for suggesting they reset the cap

f) killed the arty, got back to the base in time, and then lost the 3v1 with the light tank

I mean when you put it like that I suppose it could have been even worse.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Ok. I want to come back to this game however I sold my account with all the good poo poo on it.

With that in mind I want to start out with 3 premiums. I want one that is the glassest cannon, one that is the brickiest shell bounciest thing ever, and one that is fast and/or fun.

I intend to grind up the swedish TD line and maybe something french.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Tier 8 premiums, or any tier?

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

I intend to grind up the swedish TD line

i'd recommend against this. unless you're happy to stop after T7.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Ok. I want to come back to this game however I sold my account with all the good poo poo on it.

With that in mind I want to start out with 3 premiums. I want one that is the glassest cannon, one that is the brickiest shell bounciest thing ever, and one that is fast and/or fun.

I intend to grind up the swedish TD line and maybe something french.

If you mean tier 8s, then the Skorpion G, IS6 and AMX CDC would probably fit those criteria pretty well. The Skorpion isnt on sale currently though and the IS6 isnt quite as bouncy as it used to be but its still pretty good and gives you a pref MM tank.

I havent played them myself but Ive heard not so good things about the Swede TDs, the major incentive to play them was the big silver discounts they had through holiday missions which is over now.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
It's not that they aren't good so much as the high tiers require skills that are beyond even the average poster in here.

I'm one of the worst players in this thread and my win/loss is about average.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
Take the Patriot over the IS-6 is you can still get it.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

RandomPauI posted:

It's not that they aren't good so much as the high tiers require skills that are beyond even the average poster in here.

no dude, it's not that they're too hard to play. they're just really poo poo.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

like, if you lop off someone's leg it certainly makes it harder for them to run a marathon but it doesn't necessarily improve their times if they still manage to finish!

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Axetrain posted:

If you mean tier 8s, then the Skorpion G, IS6 and AMX CDC would probably fit those criteria pretty well. The Skorpion isnt on sale currently though and the IS6 isnt quite as bouncy as it used to be but its still pretty good and gives you a pref MM tank.

I havent played them myself but Ive heard not so good things about the Swede TDs, the major incentive to play them was the big silver discounts they had through holiday missions which is over now.

All 3 of those look highly promising for the criteria I presented. As for why I want the swedish TDs, I live for gimmickry.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

This is essentially what led to me grinding the top tier french arty then driving it around like a TD, absurdly fun but not very effective.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

One last thing, I suppose I am already late for any discounts from the holidays right?

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

McGavin posted:

Invite sent.

Gracias. Forgot about the timer, so I won't be able to accept until later tonight.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

One last thing, I suppose I am already late for any discounts from the holidays right?

For BUYING poo poo? Probably. You can still earn a big whack of permanent discount modifiers on the Swede TDs via the holiday event, though.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
If you want you could buy some decorations which will also net you gold and maybe a few free tanks. Then you could use the gold to buy the tanks you want.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Wheres my unified wargaming economy?

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
Tanks and Planes are unified :v:

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

unified wargaming

???

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

RandomPauI posted:

If you want you could buy some decorations which will also net you gold and maybe a few free tanks. Then you could use the gold to buy the tanks you want.

Oh yeah I didn't realize this Christmas stuff was still going on, I just assumed it ended this weekend but apparently it's going all the way out to the 16th? You should try to get those missions done then if you go up the Swedish TD line. They not only give you large silver discounts but also female crew members which are strictly superior to the standard male crews. If you can't finish in time then you can always just buy holiday gift boxes in the store to finish it off.

Also while looking around apparently you can buy the M4 Ravioli in game with gold but not individually in the store :raise:, odd.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
The $1.00 christmas packs are a really good deal, consider them like a discount on buying gold from the store with the small chance that you could get a free premium out of the deal when you buy them. For every five dollars you spend, you get, at minimum, 1250 gold. That's $6.77 worth of gold. That's, what, 13% discount baseline? And then you have a chance of getting extras from each pack.

I bought around $40.00 worth and got 12,500 gold and a Patton KR from it, hell of a deal for that price.

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Jan 2, 2017

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Prav posted:

like, if you lop off someone's leg it certainly makes it harder for them to run a marathon but it doesn't necessarily improve their times if they still manage to finish!

What makes them poo poo? The t10 has the second highest dpm in the game, goes 45kph in reverse, .25 accuracy, highest pen of the t10 tds, something like 12 degrees of turret depression, and excellent traverse and ground handling.

The only complaint I've seen is that it doesn't have enough armor to bully things, but that is clearly not what the tank is supposed to be used for

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Errr, is the only way to get the Skorpion G via random drop from those boxes?

LRADIKAL
Jun 10, 2001

Fun Shoe
Quick 4 kill game in my Type59, trying out the Geforce Experience stuff. It was real easy to open the overlay (alt+z) then click the record button after I had signed it into my youtube account. Resulting video is pretty crummy, but hey! It was easy.

Snap shots, ramming, being rammed by, followed by getting punked.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1hg1DuOT3M

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Errr, is the only way to get the Skorpion G via random drop from those boxes?

No, and it's not a particularly high drop rate in the 60 dollar pack.

the $60 pack is a bad deal imo you can buy the skorpion G outside of that pack, but it's one of those new fancy tank deals where you get a chance to buy it like every three or four months instead of permanently putting it into the game for gold because wargaming doesn't loving believe in that anymore or something.

Zudgemud
Mar 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Azhais posted:

What makes them poo poo? The t10 has the second highest dpm in the game, goes 45kph in reverse, .25 accuracy, highest pen of the t10 tds, something like 12 degrees of turret depression, and excellent traverse and ground handling.

The only complaint I've seen is that it doesn't have enough armor to bully things, but that is clearly not what the tank is supposed to be used for

The stats are good if it could play like a Grille 15, but the Swedish TD requires you to go into a low mobility siege mode to aim the gun, which takes a couple of seconds to get in and out of. This basically negates a large part of its potential mobility advantage and make you much more vulnerable than a shoot and scoot tank like the Grille 15. It also relies on a high dpm instead of high alpha, which requires it to sit still and pump out shells to apply its damage potential. If it had good armor it would be significantly less risky to sit still with low mobility and dish out the damage, however it has terrible armor due to game specific overmatch mechanics that make the most common tier 9-10 guns (+120 mm) autopen the front armor in many instances, regardless of the angled armor thickness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I've given up aiming in my IS-6 after a succession of games where I know I hit weakspots and did no damage, and had aimed shots into the sides of tanks just get the 'critical hit, 0 damage gently caress you' message. Peaking round a corner and firing at anything is working out well now.

Also is it possible to bounce a shot off a tank and have that shot hit someone else? Because I can't work out how I damaged a Skorpion in one of my games. I didn't spot him all game.