Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I thought maybe you guys were exaggerating how dangerously dumb Iok was, but no. No you weren't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Iok is a good reminder that one of the few things Gundam 00 did right was keeping Patrick in check from being Iok

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Also, holy gently caress the Mika versus Armor fight.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

a kitten posted:

Also, holy gently caress the Mika versus Armor fight.

I'm both confused and disappointed by the lack of a Rules of Nature edit of that fight on youtube.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Zebulon posted:

I'm both confused and disappointed by the lack of a Rules of Nature edit of that fight on youtube.

I've seen a Rules of Nature version of it. Not a perfect sync, but it exists.

Here you go.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Zebulon posted:

Best I was willing to do in 20 minutes before bed:

https://files.catbox.moe/sybyf5.webm

:v:

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
Yay! The vid.me version isn't bad, but having the build up like Lemon-Lime's webm definitely seems to help things. I admittedly didn't expect someone to actually try to throw a version together just because I'd mentioned the lack of one.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Lemon-Lime posted:

Best I was willing to do in 20 minutes before bed:

:v:

ahaha
rad

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Neddy Seagoon posted:

They clearly did if their first leap of logic to McGillis' potential plans were "holy poo poo, he's going to try and snag himself an Order :stare:"

Sure but that was specifically the group of Gjallarhorn that were aligning themselves against McGillis. If you were already suspecting his motives, there's no way this was just going to be something small, otherwise why risk a secret meeting? And if their speculation was right, it doesn't mean they'd lay down and let McGillis elevate the Fareed family with another Order. But why take that risk? Unless it's enshrined in Gjallarhorn's rules as a thing, it's not really enforceable without just leaning on a tradition that's basically been buried and forgotten for 300 years because it hasn't been relevant. The Order, as it stands, doesn't really have a place in the modern Gjallarhorn. Even Vidar, in the subs at least, doesn't really bring it up as a concrete rule, just hearsay.

I mean, we don't see the full meeting but the Order is only brought up during the meeting of the seven family heads as an accusation by Iok. There's no mention of there being an obligation to reward McGillis or Mika or Tekkadan with an Order. Plus, the whole idea was brought up by Vidar in the first place and it's not quite clear what his motives are. He doesn't seem to truly align with the Elion faction and is just using them.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Argas posted:

Sure but that was specifically the group of Gjallarhorn that were aligning themselves against McGillis. If you were already suspecting his motives, there's no way this was just going to be something small, otherwise why risk a secret meeting? And if their speculation was right, it doesn't mean they'd lay down and let McGillis elevate the Fareed family with another Order. But why take that risk? Unless it's enshrined in Gjallarhorn's rules as a thing, it's not really enforceable without just leaning on a tradition that's basically been buried and forgotten for 300 years because it hasn't been relevant. The Order, as it stands, doesn't really have a place in the modern Gjallarhorn. Even Vidar, in the subs at least, doesn't really bring it up as a concrete rule, just hearsay.

I mean, we don't see the full meeting but the Order is only brought up during the meeting of the seven family heads as an accusation by Iok. There's no mention of there being an obligation to reward McGillis or Mika or Tekkadan with an Order. Plus, the whole idea was brought up by Vidar in the first place and it's not quite clear what his motives are. He doesn't seem to truly align with the Elion faction and is just using them.

If the first thought of the entire faction is "Oh poo poo, he's going for an Order" without anyone arguing otherwise, it's a pretty safe bet they think the rest of the Seven Stars will back it.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

So,just got back into the show.A friend showed me the Akihiro VS Galan Mossa fight. JESUS CHRIST. I am now fully re-invested and intend to give Season 2 a proper chance.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

VolticSurge posted:

So,just got back into the show.A friend showed me the Akihiro VS Galan Mossa fight. JESUS CHRIST. I am now fully re-invested and intend to give Season 2 a proper chance.

Oh, you want brutal giant robot fight scenes? You ain't seen nothing yet. :getin:

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

VolticSurge posted:

Akhiro's turning Galan's line about "you seem like a decent guy" back at him was loving great.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

VolticSurge posted:

That's a good fight but that also aint poo poo compared to what's coming.

Dol
Feb 16, 2007

No one has mentioned this so I thought that enough time has passed since airing that I'd put up a post about it.

Just before Mikazuki destroys the Hashmal there is a shot of the underside of the Mobile Armour's head that clearly shows two of the symbol that was so prevalent on Barbatos during the first season (present on the knees and torso) and to a lesser extent the second (on it's sword-mace-club thing and an altered state on the knees).

I wonder If this is going to be referenced at all within the program regarding the Calamity War's history or if it was just an inconsequential detail. It's inclusion makes me think that it is going to be a plot point later in the season, otherwise why have it be there at all?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I mean one of the few conclusions you can make is that whoever made the mobile armors also made the gundams. Its not really far fetch given what we know, the economic powers probably hosed everything up by releasing a plague of autonomous wars and the only solution was to create the means to stop it themselves. It also makes sense that Agnika told everyone to go gently caress themselves after all they went through, because no way are they going to be in power after that so that it can happen all over again.

It would be pretty funny if the real villain was some sort of Anaheim Electronics that was like the sole provider of military equipment for all the economic blocs and they flipped the switch on the MAs systems to go into genocide knowing that the economic blocs would have to pay for new equipment to get rid of them.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Jan 4, 2017

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
The gundam equivalent of Shinra is so good that I'm gonna be disappointed if it doesn't happen.

I think that symbol is specific enough that it's not :tinfoil: to make that leap. If there wasn't a manufacturing connection between them then why even bother putting it there? It might also be a standard MS/MA decal but I don't recall seeing it on other mobile suits. Or other Gundams, actually, so perhaps the connection is just between Barbatos and the MAs?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
McGillis's first-season exposition says that the Gundams were amongst the last suits built in the Calamity War. I'd guess that a few surviving defectors from whichever faction first built the Mobile Armours helped the rest of humanity build their nemesis. It'd also help explain how specifically similar their name-schemes are - not just angels and demons, but angels and demons that were prominent in late-second-millennium European mysticism.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Looks like Barbatos is getting a new form

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
Are you sure that's not a digimon?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Guy Goodbody posted:

To absolutely no-one's surprise at all.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

Dang, those arms are huge. Makes me think they might be going all Astray Powered Red and giving Mika an even bigger sword.

That, or ripping things apart with the Barbatos's bare hands is the new name of the game. :unsmigghh:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Darth Walrus posted:

Dang, those arms are huge. Makes me think they might be going all Astray Powered Red and giving Mika an even bigger sword.

That, or ripping things apart with the Barbatos's bare hands is the new name of the game. :unsmigghh:

The arms are the same, there's just a buckler/shield mounted to the left one.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The arms are the same, there's just a buckler/shield mounted to the left one.

No, they're significantly longer, with bigger hands. Compare the Lupus:

The arms reach way further past the knees on the new version - they're about as big proportionally as the Graze Ein's arms.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

The hands are way bigger, like it has claws attached, even then the cuffs part of the hands are still a bit lower than the original lupus

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Cao Ni Ma posted:

The hands are way bigger, like it has claws attached, even then the cuffs part of the hands are still a bit lower than the original lupus

The hands have the same proportions as those on the standard Lupus (which are, indeed, clawed). They're just bigger.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Oops, double post.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

So, apparently today's extra week of delay did produce another preview for next week. Gone from the twitter already, but it's... interesting.

Flashbacks to when Naze and Amida first met.

Naze looking sad but resigned while Amida looks away.

Orga yelling into a monitor.

No points for guessing what that adds up to.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

chiasaur11 posted:

So, apparently today's extra week of delay did produce another preview for next week. Gone from the twitter already, but it's... interesting.

Flashbacks to when Naze and Amida first met.

Naze looking sad but resigned while Amida looks away.

Orga yelling into a monitor.

No points for guessing what that adds up to.

Bigger question; What's Orga gonna do to finally cross that line and throw Naze on his own sword?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Someone pointed out that after each remodel the Barbatos red chin part of the face armor keeps getting bigger. Like if it had a beard that kept getting bigger as time went on. Fitting for a suit named Barbatos.

Someone posted a synopsis of the live event and I dont know why anyone would produce something that makes it so loving obvious that people are going to start dying soon. Like in two episodes soon.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Jan 9, 2017

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Someone posted a synopsis of the live event and I dont know why anyone would produce something that makes it so loving obvious that people are going to start dying soon. Like in two episodes soon.

Could be a fake out, IBO's death flags are hilariously unreliable :v:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Adel posted:

Could be a fake out, IBO's death flags are hilariously unreliable :v:
I mean the dude literally finished hearing the voice actors finish up episode 41 and came out crying. He then asked if anyone else was going to die and whether the director picked the name of the episodes or if was the writer (Its Okada, she chooses)

e- I mean its possible that he might have seen some sort of cliff hanger and then the preview for the next episode combined with the title of the episode might have caused the impact and the name of the episode is a false flag but come on. The show already got a lot of flack for that sort of poo poo. It would be hilarious though.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Jan 10, 2017

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Oh, hey, looks like the Hekija is Lafter's machine after all. Makes sense, I guess, but the Arianrhod colour scheme really threw me off. Unless she, like, stole it from Jasley's faction or something.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Darth Walrus posted:

Oh, hey, looks like the Hekija is Lafter's machine after all. Makes sense, I guess, but the Arianrhod colour scheme really threw me off. Unless she, like, stole it from Jasley's faction or something.

The body and head designs are very much Turbine/Teiwaz, all the Gjallarhorn Mobile Suits favour forward-focused armor plating. Teiwaz's MS's are the only ones that encase the legs completely like that (aside from the Rodhi's). The shoulder profile is also very reminiscent of the Hyakuri.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The body and head designs are very much Turbine/Teiwaz, all the Gjallarhorn Mobile Suits favour forward-focused armor plating. Teiwaz's MS's are the only ones that encase the legs completely like that (aside from the Rodhi's). The shoulder profile is also very reminiscent of the Hyakuri.

No, I know it's a Hyakuren frame, but the colour scheme and design similarities to the Reginlaze made me think it might be a Teiwaz/Gjallarhorn collaboration. That gun in particular looks a lot more like the Reginlaze's weapon, with its sleek-but-busy, almost organic design than one of Teiwaz's smooth, minimalist, no-frills pieces.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Darth Walrus posted:

No, I know it's a Hyakuren frame, but the colour scheme and design similarities to the Reginlaze made me think it might be a Teiwaz/Gjallarhorn collaboration. That gun in particular looks a lot more like the Reginlaze's weapon, with its sleek-but-busy, almost organic design than one of Teiwaz's smooth, minimalist, no-frills pieces.

Okay, yeah I see where you're coming from now. It really could have too, considering one of the other sub-bosses is playing both sides.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Okay, yeah I see where you're coming from now. It really could have too, considering one of the other sub-bosses is playing both sides.

Also, just spotted that the forearm-knife locks the gun onto the wrist just like the weapons used by the Graze family, and the foot-thrusters apparently take inspiration from the Kimaris. Yeah, that has to be intentional. Raises serious questions about how Lafter gets her hands on one, though.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Knew it was a teiwaz because of the face, shoulder and clown shoes.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Manual info for the Hekija. While it remains unclear whether there was any direct technological exchange, it does indeed appear to be Teiwaz's answer to the Reginlaze, an early prototype of an advanced general-purpose machine incorporating elements from all variants of its predecessor units. One interesting detail from the Japanese text that's not translated into English is that its high performance and sensitive, responsive control system are designed to help it counter other factions' increasing use of Alaya-Vijnana-equipped child soldiers. Gee, that's not sinister at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Darth Walrus posted:

Manual info for the Hekija. While it remains unclear whether there was any direct technological exchange, it does indeed appear to be Teiwaz's answer to the Reginlaze, an early prototype of an advanced general-purpose machine incorporating elements from all variants of its predecessor units. One interesting detail from the Japanese text that's not translated into English is that its high performance and sensitive, responsive control system are designed to help it counter other factions' increasing use of Alaya-Vijnana-equipped child soldiers. Gee, that's not sinister at all.

We've known that last part since the start of the season. Tekkadan humiliating the poo poo out of Gjallarhorn with just a bunch of AV'ed children was a real oops moment in that it suddenly made all those mercenary and pirate groups realize just how formidable a fighting force they could make on the cheap out of those lousy child slaves they have by the hundreds. Or can just grab off the street of any lovely town on Mars.

• Locked thread