Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

grilldos posted:

That's mostly because if they died under Hatred the titular characters of the show would no longer exist.

JJ and Rusty were the titular Venture Bros :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

feedmyleg posted:

yeah! if it was about hank and dean it would be the venture twins

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer

feedmyleg posted:

My friend I agree, don't let page 280 think I'm a chump bitch because this was my full post.

grilldos posted:

That's mostly because if they died under Hatred the titular characters of the show would no longer exist.

Especially because they killed off one of the members of the other pair of Venture Brothers.

Machai posted:

yeah! if it was about hank and dean it would be the venture twins

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
I mean Rusty and the Monarch are the Brothers. Like, we kid about how it's too obvious but it's also looking increasingly likely.

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer
I've always dreamed of taking a whiz on this.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

DoctorWhat posted:

I mean Rusty and the Monarch are the Brothers. Like, we kid about how it's too obvious but it's also looking increasingly likely.

half-brothers at best

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Latest season and Gargantua 2 popped up on Hulu+. Binge rewatch!

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
It's kind of annoying that amazon counts ATAG2 to be a separate purchase.

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011

Cojawfee posted:

It's kind of annoying that amazon counts ATAG2 to be a separate purchase.
All digital distributors do that, not just Amazon.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Hulu counts it as part of the season.

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

Is Hulu a distributor now? I thought it was all subscriptions.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

grilldos posted:

Well, you could kill Hank or Dean. There's still Dermott, a Venture by blood if not by name.

DoctorWhat posted:

Of course, maybe none of the living characters are Venture by blood. Rusty and Monarch look a lot alike, but neither looks anything like Jonas. JJ did look like Jonas, but the old Venture crew's swinging lifestyle has come up on several occasions, the most recent one specifically involving Monarch's Dad & Jonas Sr. together... Maybe we'll get an episode with half the characters utterly failing to correctly pronounce the phrase "heteropaternal superfecundation."

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

I just found out Robobo is short for robot Beauregard.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Robot Hobo posted:

Well, you could kill Hank or Dean. There's still Dermott, a Venture by blood if not by name.

One of the best parts of that Behind the Music bit was Doc's "Wait, his last name is Fictel? And he's how old??"

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I loved how that music video ends up adding lore and we see in the next season how Dr. Venture treats Dermott.

Wish we had a follow up with Dermott considering the last bomb drop.

See ya later.

Dad.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Anybody wanna buy some of these never worn or washed last season shirt club shirts? I got larges when I really needed mediums so they're like tents on me and I'm probably never going to wear them.

Comrade Quack
Jun 6, 2006
Witty closing remarks have been replaced by massive head trauma and general stupidity.

Tatsuta Age posted:

Anybody wanna buy some of these never worn or washed last season shirt club shirts? I got larges when I really needed mediums so they're like tents on me and I'm probably never going to wear them.

Men's larger or women's? If they're men's I might be interested in Enzo's tayloring and the I skull New York.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Men's. And the skull and Venture logo ones are mediums because they were the last I got so they changed the order for me. I've got the rest in large though!

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I'll take ANY large VB shirt off your hands duder. My tshirt game is so weak right now

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!

Bust Rodd posted:

I'll take ANY large VB shirt off your hands duder. My tshirt game is so weak right now

poo poo, get in on their Shirt Club. I got like, 36 VB shirts and gave half of em away.

Tshirt game strong.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

need a jacket club

Comrade Quack
Jun 6, 2006
Witty closing remarks have been replaced by massive head trauma and general stupidity.
I want to see if people would make the drinks in a Doctail club.

I wouldn't.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Medullah posted:

Latest season and Gargantua 2 popped up on Hulu+. Binge rewatch!

it's been a long time since I watched the whole series, so I've been running straight through from the start. hulu really needs to play a wider variety of commercials. I really want to strangle country music insurance salesman guy.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

uber_stoat posted:

it's been a long time since I watched the whole series, so I've been running straight through from the start. hulu really needs to play a wider variety of commercials. I really want to strangle country music insurance salesman guy.

Same here. I don't mind commercials but they not only show the same commercials every commercial break, they'd sometimes show the same commercial two times in a row!!!

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

it's in the mighty hands of steel
Fun Shoe
I don't know if Hulu does this because Hulu doesn't seem to have any free videos anymore and I'm not enrolling in a trial of Hulu PayForIt®... well, that and I own the Venture Bros. DVDs... and... where was I? Oh yeah. Commercials from streaming sites.

Does Hulu do this, because YouTube does: every now and then, the commercial aired is inexplicably en español. And it's not dubbed in Spanish, it's clearly a Spanish-language commercial... and sometimes for an American product of some kind. I mean, I don't care that such commercials exist, and I'm certainly not going to say we need to build some kind of giant cyber-wall to keep those commercials where they belong, but why does YouTube think I suddenly went Latino?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Comrade Quack posted:

I want to see if people would make the drinks in a Doctail club.

I wouldn't.

Sure, would love to see a book full of Rusty's terrible cocktails

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

tarlibone posted:

I don't know if Hulu does this because Hulu doesn't seem to have any free videos anymore and I'm not enrolling in a trial of Hulu PayForIt®... well, that and I own the Venture Bros. DVDs... and... where was I? Oh yeah. Commercials from streaming sites.

Does Hulu do this, because YouTube does: every now and then, the commercial aired is inexplicably en español. And it's not dubbed in Spanish, it's clearly a Spanish-language commercial... and sometimes for an American product of some kind. I mean, I don't care that such commercials exist, and I'm certainly not going to say we need to build some kind of giant cyber-wall to keep those commercials where they belong, but why does YouTube think I suddenly went Latino?

My work computer doesn't have any ad blocker on it and sometimes I get, like, Spanish language McDonald's banner ads. I've never read Spanish Internet so it vexes me too.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
I just realized I've never actually heard any of the commentaries. Do any of the streaming sites have the commentaries available or are they only on the DVDs?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Only DVDs. It's 90% of the reason why I own them. They never talk about the episodes, so it's just like having a podcast with Doc and Jackson goofing around for half an hour at a time. They're fantastic.

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!
The commentaries are what if Doc and Jackson had a podcast. They start every one by making fun of the idea that anyone would actually listen to their commentaries.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
My favorite one is how they keep saying SPOILER 24 dies in the Season 3 commentary and basically going who the gently caress watches the commentaries before watching the episodes.

edit: The best commentaries are when they get either Rusty or Dean's Va to join in.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Jan 16, 2017

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

gotta get me some of those dvds

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011

Omnomnomnivore posted:

The commentaries are what if Doc and Jackson had a podcast. They start every one by making fun of the idea that anyone would actually listen to their commentaries.
On the one hand, it's great, on the other, since English isn't my first language, I tend to rely on subtitles for those, and obviously, there aren't any for those commentaries.

They do sometimes talk about the episode though. Notably whenever Publick starts gushing about Hammer's ability to tie together three or four different plotlines in one episode with each feeling complete and satisfactory, something that he apparently struggles with.

feedmyleg posted:

Only DVDs. It's 90% of the reason why I own them.
It's 90% of the reason why I will probably stick to physical releases for movies for a long time.

Shindragon posted:

edit: The best commentaries are when they get either Rusty or Dean's Va to join in.
Which season was that?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Shindragon posted:

My favorite one is how they keep saying SPOILER 24 dies in the Season 3 commentary and basically going who the gently caress watches the commentaries before watching the episodes.

These are dumb bad people who deserve to be spoiled.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

X_Toad posted:

Which season was that?

Season 2, which I would say is the best season to me, granted mostly because of the opening is so great.

edit: Oh I agree, that's why I found it hilarious they kept saying it in each episode's commentary.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I want to find the commercial for The Family That Slays Together, Stays Together Part One, where it plays classical music as Brock kills Herr Trigger with his car, it was my favorite commercial . Anyone know where to find it?

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I have seasons 1 and 2 on DVD and would sell them together, if anyone here would be interested.

I don't have PM, but e-mail me at saxman2 AT hotmail.com .

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
The best commentary bit is the one where they talk about General Treister and how they didn't expect him to be a recurring character so they named him after some rear end in a top hat kid one of them knew as a child named Jake Treister.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Billy Quizboy appearing in character and "that's my daisy!" over and over are my favorite commentaries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

They're robot bones!