Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009
They need to merge the two East Coast servers and the leftover PvP servers.

Harbinger is the healthiest server by far. Not only is it the only West Coast server it's the unofficial PvP and APAC server. The APAC population really helps since it means we have double the prime time for endgame activities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

They need to merge the two East Coast servers and the leftover PvP servers.

Harbinger is the healthiest server by far. Not only is it the only West Coast server it's the unofficial PvP and APAC server. The APAC population really helps since it means we have double the prime time for endgame activities.

They've really backed themselves into a corner with server merges though. After charging so many cartel coins for transfers (even 90 isn't insignificant), if they went ahead and merged the servers people who paid hundreds of cartel coins to transfer off dead PvP servers would be extremely irate.

The only way I can see them avoiding that would be to refund any transfer cartel coins that people used. Or at least the last year's worth.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Well whatever it is I've never had so much trouble selling a hypercrate. It's the only one up there and I'm selling it dirt loving cheap... and its been sitting for 24 hours now. I need some god drat money! :negative:

Edit: Yay, bitching worked!

Hakarne fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Jan 1, 2017

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Well it is New Year's Eve.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Like people that play a Star Wars MMO have lives and do things for New Years Eve. :rolleyes:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Hakarne posted:

Like people that play a Star Wars MMO have lives and do things for New Years Eve. :rolleyes:

Medieval Times has a New Year's seating.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

Medieval Times has a New Year's seating.

That place is for nerds

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

They've really backed themselves into a corner with server merges though. After charging so many cartel coins for transfers (even 90 isn't insignificant), if they went ahead and merged the servers people who paid hundreds of cartel coins to transfer off dead PvP servers would be extremely irate.

The only way I can see them avoiding that would be to refund any transfer cartel coins that people used. Or at least the last year's worth.

They should have kept them at 90 CC.

I can understand though...transfers have to be a huge cash cow, there's demand and after the initial tech investment it's all profit. Probably handy for when your hemorrhaging subs and need to tweak the bottom line.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Aphrodite posted:

There are "Last straw, I'm leaving!" topics on the official forums for when they fix a bug, or change the color of a background object.

This pretty much sums up the official forums for SWTOR. Maybe it's because I rarely do MMO forums unless there's a reason (I've managed a decent amount of referral clicks from posting on the SWTOR forums), but to me it feels like the SWTOR forums are the most rabidly vitrolic with "If a change/added content doesn't follow what I want, the game's dooOOOOoomed". If memory serves, there were people insisting the game was dead the first week it went live. At this point I treat the "I'm Leaving" threads there like that one image of that Steam group boycotting Call of Duty that had most of the people in it playing the edition they were supposedly boycotting.

Yeah, Bioware/EA's made some utterly stupid decisions with the game and there's a load of stuff they could be doing better, but for a little casual gaming for someone like me, it's okay.

A Curvy Goonette
Jul 3, 2007

"Anyone who enjoys MWO is a shitty player. You have to hate it in order to be pro like me."

I'm actually just very good at curb stomping randoms on a team. :ssh:
Geez finally got to the KOTFE base. This whole thing feels more like a KOTOR game than an MMO, mostly because I'm ignoring my gear because it's been equal or better to the stuff I've been finding. I'm also wondering how much this story changes depending on your class, a ton of it has seemingly been geared towards the Juggernaut.

Also Lady of Shadows question, does the conversation with SCORPIO drastically change if you're playing an Agent?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

A Curvy Goonette posted:

I'm also wondering how much this story changes depending on your class

Not at all.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

A Curvy Goonette posted:

Geez finally got to the KOTFE base. This whole thing feels more like a KOTOR game than an MMO, mostly because I'm ignoring my gear because it's been equal or better to the stuff I've been finding. I'm also wondering how much this story changes depending on your class, a ton of it has seemingly been geared towards the Juggernaut.

Also Lady of Shadows question, does the conversation with SCORPIO drastically change if you're playing an Agent?

The story is pretty much the same, with some variations in dialogue if you've had the companion previously, for Lady of Shadows the agent mentions something like "I should have known it would be you". There are some twists depending on your choices, but in KOTFE the story is still pretty linear. The ending is especially ridiculous, because You're given the choice to kill Senya and Arcann, but no matter what you choose they get away. If you choose "kill" you miss and they fly away

KOTET has some more variances but still ultimately the same story for every class with some minor dialogue variances.

Promethium
Dec 31, 2009
Dinosaur Gum

A Curvy Goonette posted:

Also Lady of Shadows question

You can check the class-specific dialogue options at torcommunity (click on the "Ends" npc and expand all). There's about a 3-deep dialogue tree in that chapter that's available to IAs and various snippets later on. In general the class-dependent content in KOTFE/KOTET (like it was for the main Shadow of Revan quest) is going to be dialogue options here and there and sometimes easier NPC recruitment, but there aren't different quests or set pieces.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

I'm sure I'm not the only one who would have preferred that KotFE/KotET had been shorter in linear story length if they would've also been some actual divergence in class-based paths. The story going 99% the same whether you enter it as an a privateer, an assassin, a diplomat or your side's Big drat Hero is pretty :effort:. Even just a Force/not-Force variance would've gone a long way.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

McSpanky posted:

I'm sure I'm not the only one who would have preferred that KotFE/KotET had been shorter in linear story length if they would've also been more diverse in class-based paths. The story going 99% the same whether you enter it as an a privateer, an assassin, a diplomat or your side's Big drat Hero is pretty :effort:. Even just a Force/not-Force variance would've gone a long way.

Sadly that would have required far more resources than they had to commit. Really going back to the first expansion they kept it to the same basic storyline for everyone. Makeb had a different story per faction, but SoR was pretty much the same across the board. I enjoyed SoR's one side mission per class, wish they could have even done just that. I think they ran the analytics and found that most people ran through the expansion maybe once or twice and that was it, so KOTFE and KOTET was designed to be an interactive movie.

I did SoR on all the characters I had at the time just to get the gear and access to the Yavin dailies. KOTFE I've done 4 times, and that was solely for DvL farming.

KennyTheFish
Jan 13, 2004
I can live with it being one story. being able to do it in a party with friends is not too much to ask. Who gives a poo poo if it disjoints the story a bit based on who walked in first or who wins the dialog game.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Speaking of (republic) Makeb I hated it on a normal class but with super stealth it's not so bad.

Shame the dialogue insists you're a mass-murdering maniac when you can do most missions without killing anyone (directly).

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
I'd be happier with the one story thing if the one story wasn't awful. :( Senya and Lana can't carry the story on their own, and everyone else in the story is either a badly written character (Valkorion) or a nonentity (the PC).

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

KOTFE would be amazing if the gameplay wasn't boring and the story wasn't garbage

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Valkorian was fine, just expected more depth to what turned out to be a really predictable outcome.

Others of the supporting cast are also well done. The heist mission in particular was beautifully written.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Bilirubin posted:

Valkorian was fine, just expected more depth to what turned out to be a really predictable outcome.

Others of the supporting cast are also well done. The heist mission in particular was beautifully written.

The only heist in history where nothing went wrong. Boring.

Makeb was going swimmingly but then you de-carbonite a man and have to kill him to obtain his keycard. He doesn't attack, just stands there trying to get warm, waiting for you to start swinging.

It's not even a plot point, he's no one and now I feel like a monster.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
The heist was only good because the two companions it focused on are good and cool.

Additionally, I want to state for the record that Lana Beniko is the perfect Sith Lord waifu and I will not tolerate any dissent.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Seems strange there are weeklies on Makeb given what happens to it.

Or rather it seems strange what happens to Makeb given that they wanted to have weeklies and an operation on it.

Kaysette posted:

Additionally, I want to state for the record that Lana Beniko is the perfect Sith Lord waifu and I will not tolerate any dissent.

No.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

a) did you play imperial makeb

b) kreia is the only waifu

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Kaysette posted:

I liked her better in SoR when she was more pragmatic and unsure. She gets an attitude adjustment in Knights for no other reason than you need a Light representative (Theron) and a Dark one.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I started Imperial Makeb but Darth Marr's little boo hoo speech about how the Empire might fall (again) fell completely flat, and he used the words "You must" so often that my Inquisitor just turned around and walked away.

Did it Republic, sexually harassed the scientist and abused as many Hutts as possible don't know why Totoro had to be "insane", being a Hutt is bad enough. Kill em all, I say.

I haven't done the Revan expansion so I still don't get Lana's deal. She's superficially Sith but acts all stoic and boring? Also you can't dress her up. Poor waifu material imho. Only seems good because they killed off all her rivals, the monsters.

Kira was best.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Wow. Anyone surprised this guy is a racist?

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

sassassin posted:

I haven't done the Revan expansion so I still don't get Lana's deal.

Ah, that explains a lot. I'm joking about her being the best thing ever but she is better in SoR like DrunkenGarbageCan said.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

sassassin posted:

Seems strange there are weeklies on Makeb given what happens to it.

Or rather it seems strange what happens to Makeb given that they wanted to have weeklies and an operation on it.

Someone hasn't done ziost yet

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Kaysette posted:

Ah, that explains a lot. I'm joking about her being the best thing ever but she is better in SoR like DrunkenGarbageCan said.

She's basically at a crisis point at Ziost and I was hoping her romance would develop into a story where you could nudge her either Light or Dark.

Unfortunately the devs make that decision for you and instead of story you get a handful of throwaway [Flirt] lines.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

She's Sith intelligence. She's already full on cartoon Dark side, have you seen what those guys do?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Aphrodite posted:

She's Sith intelligence. She's already full on cartoon Dark side, have you seen what those guys do?

That's just the thing, when she first shows up she's pragmatic leaning downright Light side. Sure she'll choke a traitor when the situation calls for it, but a huge part of her appeal in SoR was being a bizarrely practical, levelheaded Sith lord.

Then KOTFE hits and her character is replaced with a bog standard Sith Lord.

A Curvy Goonette
Jul 3, 2007

"Anyone who enjoys MWO is a shitty player. You have to hate it in order to be pro like me."

I'm actually just very good at curb stomping randoms on a team. :ssh:
The KOTFE story is fine so far, its better than I was expecting.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

Just reopened the launcher after two failed logins and it looks like I fell through a time machine?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Kaysette posted:

Just reopened the launcher after two failed logins and it looks like I fell through a time machine?

That happens a lot, unfortunately.

FYI - still tons of snow covered parcels in the guild bank if anyone needs any life day items.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Life day items such as decorations that you could use for some kind of contest, perhaps.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Do you have to pay extra to own KOTET? or can you just subscribe? I don't quite remember what i did in KOTFE, but the premise was to keep being subscribed to get perks and companions.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Fargin Icehole posted:

Do you have to pay extra to own KOTET? or can you just subscribe? I don't quite remember what i did in KOTFE, but the premise was to keep being subscribed to get perks and companions.

Sub once, get the whole expansion to keep. Use a referral link to play through KOTET chapter 1 for free right now.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

KOTFE and KOTET are granted to subscribers.

KOTFE would unlock everything currently released when you subbed, and they used the HK stuff to keep people subbed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some dillweed
Mar 31, 2007

Well, I'm back to being burnt out on this game. Enjoy yourselves, people.

• Locked thread