Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kaptain K
Nov 2, 2007

I must admit, I am fond of you humans.

May you enjoy serendipity,

And may the Age of Fire perpetuate.

Kaptain K posted:

If a game is suspended, I wonder if that still counts. Because the game isn't closed and you aren't in a dungeon so I wonder what the game considers that to be invasions-wise.
While I was off playing another game for 3 hours while my fighters were running expeditions and I was just idling in my waiting room my PS4 automatically went into standby mode and when I woke it up I had not been raided despite having enough money to make it worthwhile to raid me. I'll double-confirm this but it looks like this is a simple solution for short-term protecting yourself from raids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Radio Paranoia posted:

Comboing with the butterfly knife is a lot trickier if you're trying to keep a bit of distance between you and your opponent. It's probably closer to fist fighting in range, and even then it really feels like to need to facefuck in order to get any decent damage out of it. It's a great stopping tool for jumping attacks and for following up a stun combo though! I've seen a lot of machete + butterfly knife Haters out there.

Yeah, I actually might consider grabbing an Attacker over a Striker since I just managed to get the butterfly knife mats going.

Side note, there's a particularly rude area with a Hater around Floor 12f or 13f. I mean, at first you see just a Hater vs a Mk-2 Hoverer, then you see a shitload of blinking lights and a lot of beeps.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

I've been attacked while in my waiting room and the PS4 is in Rest Mode. I'd consider it rather broken if this was a way to stay raid-free.

Kaptain K
Nov 2, 2007

DaveKap posted:

I've been attacked while in my waiting room and the PS4 is in Rest Mode. I'd consider it rather broken if this was a way to stay raid-free.

I guess I should have known it couldn't be that easy.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Anyone know what Meijin's name means? It's probably some weird boast which points out just how pathetic he is, but still.

Meijin means 'Brilliant', sort of a savant. A famous Meijin you might be familiar with would be 'Meijin Takahashi', who worked at Hudson and was inspiration for the main character of the Adventure Island series. They called him Meijin because of his ability to hit the controller 'fire' button sixteen times in a second.

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire
PSA:
-13f Okusa is now available for the day! (Nab 3 golden snails by bringing an uncooked snail or pillbug, or send guys on expeditions here to have them retrieve golden snails!)
-The shortcut from 21f that unlocks grade 4 fighters without clearing 23f COEN is now available for the day!

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
So i bought the first-time 30 DM pack a few days ago, and i still haven't gotten anything. Has this happened to anyone else? Is there a fix, or do i have to manually download something, or.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi

Freak Futanari posted:

So i bought the first-time 30 DM pack a few days ago, and i still haven't gotten anything. Has this happened to anyone else? Is there a fix, or do i have to manually download something, or.

Did you check the rewards box?

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Store-bought death medals should automatically go to your balance. Mine did, from the same offer.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
Do you need to check your mail for the purchase confirmation for the death metals to show up?

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Freak Futanari posted:

Just to make sure... you bought it on the account that's playing Let It Die, right?

If yeah, then try going to Settings > PlayStation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses. Then restart the game and see if that fixed it.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Yeah death metal goes straight into your pocket if you buy it while playing the game... what about buying it while not playing though? The express pass is sent to the mail for some reason.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

gibbed posted:

Just to make sure... you bought it on the account that's playing Let It Die, right?

If yeah, then try going to Settings > PlayStation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses. Then restart the game and see if that fixed it.

Yep, same account. I'll try that thing next time i play, though.

Shadowbag
Jun 1, 2011

When shitposting, it's always important to properly stretch first.
Soiled Meat
So if anyone hasnt gotten around to farming golden snails yet, they really need to. I grabbed five between a collector run and expeditions, and that was enough to get a grade 4 shooter to max HP, Vitality, Stamina, and Dex with most of luck filled out too. :stare:

Though while playing with him, I'm not sure how to deal with haters. They always know exactly when to block me so I cant get good damage in, and the FOV while aiming down the FAMAS' sights is hosed, so I always think I have an extra foot or two of breathing room right before I get gutted. Should I be bringing the shotgun as well, or just not trying to fish for headshots?

Also, gently caress flamewand haters. I cant deal with them with any fighter without taking shittons of damage and them breaking my armor.

Myrdraayl
Apr 13, 2011

Shadowbag posted:

So if anyone hasnt gotten around to farming golden snails yet, they really need to. I grabbed five between a collector run and expeditions, and that was enough to get a grade 4 shooter to max HP, Vitality, Stamina, and Dex with most of luck filled out too. :stare:

Though while playing with him, I'm not sure how to deal with haters. They always know exactly when to block me so I cant get good damage in, and the FOV while aiming down the FAMAS' sights is hosed, so I always think I have an extra foot or two of breathing room right before I get gutted. Should I be bringing the shotgun as well, or just not trying to fish for headshots?

Also, gently caress flamewand haters. I cant deal with them with any fighter without taking shittons of damage and them breaking my armor.

The trick to haters when using ranged weapons is throwing a frongus (frog mushroom) and laying into them while they can't do anything or using the magnum because it has a skill that lets it break guards or just sniping them from a distance with the sniper rifle. If you get far enough up the tower you can get the more esoteric weapons like the pitching machine which murders everything and the welding gun which is a shotgun with chargeup that will destroy anything in close range and can one-shot if the enemy is close enough for all the projectiles to hit. Just to let you know though the welding gun needs to be leveled up to be useful because the charge-up time is too long while the pitching machine upgrade massively ups its rate of fire.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Poulpe posted:

PSA:
-13f Okusa is now available for the day! (Nab 3 golden snails by bringing an uncooked snail or pillbug, or send guys on expeditions here to have them retrieve golden snails!)
-The shortcut from 21f that unlocks grade 4 fighters without clearing 23f COEN is now available for the day!
Can you explain the "bring uncooked snail or pillbug" aspect of getting these 3 golden snails?
Edit: Ugh, Okusa is locked from below so I can't get in anyway.
Edit2: Any way of refreshing the expedition list so I can try getting folks to Okusa?
Edit3: I guess closing and opening the fridge's doors works fine!

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 12:13 on Jan 2, 2017

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
You have to get in from up first. The snails are sitting on walls so you need 1 golden snail or 1 live animal to knock them down. If you want the exp for the char you are running there you can just shoot them in stead.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug

Kaptain K posted:

I finally just clenched my buttcheeks and reluctantly fought GOTO on 23F instead of waiting for the bypass to appear. It wasn't that hard IF YOU CHEAT.

Eating transparagus and stingshroom makes the fight unlosable as everyone already knows, I feel vaguely dirty for doing it that way but I did what I had to do, I guess. It also helps that I found a porkchopper on the ground earlier.

Right now I have my game left running while most of my fighters are on expeditions and my remaining fighter is just standing in the waiting room because I don't want to get raided for my considerable leftover money that I couldn't really spend.

Is that a horrible idea or am I genius.

The FAQ on the official site says if you are in your waiting room for over an hour you become a viable target for TDM

Kaptain K
Nov 2, 2007

How do you kill a pillbug? You can't stomp them and I've hit them with my machete over and over to no avail; they're pretty much invincible when they curl up.

What type of mushroom do they even drop?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Stomp and then hit it when it's on its back. They drop a mushroom that automatically brings you back to life when you take lethal damage.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Walk away when they curl up then walk up and stomp them real quick when they open back up.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The buff you get from pillbugs is basically a free extension to your health bar, it's always worth it to have the buff active. Hell, even carry around an extra one or two if you have room. Especially on later floors where sometimes a hater will just randomly do thousands of damage because gently caress you.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

CJacobs posted:

The buff you get from pillbugs is basically a free extension to your health bar, it's always worth it to have the buff active. Hell, even carry around an extra one or two if you have room. Especially on later floors where sometimes a hater will just randomly do thousands of damage because gently caress you.

If this happens youre more than likely to get dizzy. Then the hater will goretastic you.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Kaptain K posted:

How do you kill a pillbug? You can't stomp them and I've hit them with my machete over and over to no avail; they're pretty much invincible when they curl up.

Stomp it, then it curls up. Wait for it to uncurl and then the instant it does stomp it again. It should be stunned on its back, you can kill it with any weapon that has a downwards attack. I usually hit it with an iron personally because with other weapons I misjudge the distance.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Where can I get War Ensemble Green Metal?

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
Google brings up a couple people saying JinDie on 16f

I just got to 8f last night so I can't confirm it myself.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

Snak posted:

Where can I get War Ensemble Green Metal?

11F Nokejiri also has a chest, though the f16 jin die might be easier depending on your loadout.

Taratang
Sep 4, 2002

Grand Master
I did it, I beat the drat game and with no deaths on the final boss either! Only took a handful of transparungus and Death Burner Irons in the end.

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Tylana posted:

The FAQ on the official site says if you are in your waiting room for over an hour you become a viable target for TDM

This only happens if you suspend, you won't get raided if you idle with the game active.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Kaptain K posted:

Line yourself up perpendicular to where the pillbug is going and stomp. Of you've done it right, the bug will be stunned. Take a step back and then use a hammer or similar weapon to kill (machetes don't work well due to the angled upswing).

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Warning: The durability bug regarding the final forms of weapons affects ALL weapons, not only 5* ones. So death burner iron? Worthless as its atk goes down. This also means the Kamas is essentially un-useable for endgame atm. Invest in armor rather in early game weapons, they dont seem to be affected by it as much.

Unsmart
Oct 6, 2006

Radio Paranoia posted:

Line yourself up perpendicular to where the pillbug is going and stomp. Of you've done it right, the bug will be stunned. Take a step back and then use a hammer or similar weapon to kill (machetes don't work well due to the angled upswing).

Pretty sure how you stomp it doesn't matter. It's just some chance that it'll work vs it curling up. I've looked for a pattern forever, now I just stomp however and it still mostly works. Also you can kill pillbugs with your fists with the r1/l1 attack instead of wasting durability hitting the ground with a weapon. Just need to back up a little bit first.

Anyway apparently you can just spam the extra skill on the cleaver saber to perma-stunlock jackals until they die so no cloaks needed!

Unsmart fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Jan 2, 2017

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

With all the tips talking about how to kill the pillbug, I think I'll post one too!
Once the pillbug is stunned, what I always do is lock onto it , take 2 steps back, and R1 punch it. Kills it all the time, every time, with no durability loss to any weaponry and no need to aim.

Poulpe posted:

PSA:
I sent out maybe 4 or 5 folks on this expedition before going to bed and got 5 golden snails in return. Great loving tip, here!
Hey, so, skillshrooms... considering I hate the ephemerality of non-premium decals in this game, any suggestion for how to use these things? Does eating them gain a ton of EXP? I'd sooner boost newly ranked folks with them instead of spending on decals that'll just disappear anyway. Or should I hold onto them because the magistrate eventually gets decals worth trading for?

Edit: Huh... I've been playing this game so drat much and only just now did I kinda notice the number in the top left of your weaponry glows when it has enough rage meter to pull off a rage attack. I never even paid attention to the numbers in the first place. This explains so much now...

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Jan 3, 2017

Unsmart
Oct 6, 2006

500xp, same for every color. So a decent amount but not huge. If you don't have access to a premium poison eater you might want to consider buying those at least. There are some decent other ones but skillshrooms aren't really as rare as they feel at first.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Megaflare posted:

500xp, same for every color. So a decent amount but not huge. If you don't have access to a premium poison eater you might want to consider buying those at least. There are some decent other ones but skillshrooms aren't really as rare as they feel at first.
Yeah I have the 2-star poison eater so I guess I'll just use them to boost new chars.

Kaptain K
Nov 2, 2007

Radio Paranoia posted:

The machete's R1 is the perfect move to kill beasts.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
I came down the main elevator and a bunch of deadend floors I had just been to were blanked out. Did the floors rotate while I was in the tower?

Edit: Hmm, Wanoki doesn't rotate so that can't be it.

DalaranJ fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Jan 3, 2017

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired

Taratang posted:

I did it, I beat the drat game and with no deaths on the final boss either! Only took a handful of transparungus and Death Burner Irons in the end.

I ended up spending 2 DM.
I should probably go back and do it right at some point.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."

DalaranJ posted:

Meijin means 'Brilliant', sort of a savant. A famous Meijin you might be familiar with would be 'Meijin Takahashi', who worked at Hudson and was inspiration for the main character of the Adventure Island series. They called him Meijin because of his ability to hit the controller 'fire' button sixteen times in a second.

It's also, apparently, the title that was given to the strongest Go player on a given day / the most masterful Go player overall (the best player in the highest tier) in the Edo period.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

DalaranJ posted:

I came down the main elevator and a bunch of deadend floors I had just been to were blanked out. Did the floors rotate while I was in the tower?

Edit: Hmm, Wanoki doesn't rotate so that can't be it.

The reset for floor layout happens at 7pm EST, but if you're in the tower when the reset happens the floor layout won't change. So if you go up the elevator into the tower at 6:59 pm, you will still have yesterday's floor layout for as long as you're there, and you'll get the new rotation as soon as you go back to the waiting room.

• Locked thread