Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Who the gently caress keeps giving David Cage money? His games are poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

France I think.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Me, when I buy his games

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Real hurthling! posted:

Dreams won't come out until Media Molecule can make a fun game out of it which seems like it might be impossible.

Try shouldn't make a game of it. Just let people use it as a fake claymation studio and export stuff to YouTube or whatever. When they add the game part they will just ruin it.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

veni veni veni posted:

Anyone played valley? I've literally never heard of it and it looks cool.

Playing it now. Pretty indie fare. But I'm liking it. Pleased with the sale price. Controls are not polished and its one of those I wish they had the balls to not drop in bad shooting elements and just explore. Funnest jumps in game though. Very satisfying. Some of the other powers...not good. Should have stuck with its strength.

But again. For sale price I'm happy with it.

Bombadilillo fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Jan 2, 2017

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ultimate Mango posted:

When they add the game part they will just ruin it.

this is the MM mission statement

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Motto posted:

France I think.

they love his wank. they gave him a medal and title for his amazing video game stories.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Metal Gear Survival is gonna be a pretty blatant freemium cashgrab with a retail-price buy-in, I'd wager. They lost biiig after doubling down on Pachinko as their big earner.

Konami'd need to find which janitorial positions they shuffled their decent coders off to (no, seriously) and any programmers that didnt bail for Kojima's new company are probably working at literal gunpoint, given Konami's hosed up corporate practices.

Im actually kind of excited to play it. We don't get too many coop stealth games these days

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

Has David Cage seen Bladerunner yet???
Someone gave him a bluray of final cut for christmas and that's why it got delayed.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Dangerous Person posted:

Sony.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

blackguy32 posted:

Im actually kind of excited to play it. We don't get too many coop stealth games these days

sniper elite 4 in 2 months

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself

Real hurthling! posted:

when it goes on sale it goes for less than half that cost.
i got mine black friday for like 899.

the reason its recommended are that its
1. best in class in input latency
2. capable of actually displaying hdr content unlike cheaper screens that aren't bright enough

avoid cheap vizio 4k screens at all costs. they do not have the functionality they advertise

Are there 4k Vizio products that are worth getting?

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

blackguy32 posted:

Watch dogs 2 has fun little co op missions. Though stealth is not on the mind of most players. Someone else can join a mission you have started solo and you have an intricate stealth plan in motion and they just alert everyone within 2 seconds

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Goty from 2015?!

Oops. Although honestly nothing I played in 2016 came close to beating MGSV.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Real hurthling! posted:

Turn on hdmi-cec and depending on your tv model you might get control over it with the tv remote.

Mine turns on and I can even play games with my remote as long as they dont need the stick but idk why id want to.

I get it's unit specific but am I missing something? Can any other KS8000 users chime in? I enabled device link on ps4 and anynet--what Samsung calls CEC--and it seems to turn my TV on when I power on the PS4 but that's it. Am I supposed to have menu control with the remote etc?

Titanfall 2 multiplayer is so good 😍😍😍

Ya the game owns and deserves more recognition. Good consistent group of goons that play

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Don't get the 60 inch, panel is not made by Samsung. 55 or 65 are better.

Ya they outsourced the 60" and apparently the panel is not as good. Probably not something you'd notice but worth considering. I got a 55" because of it

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I finally got around to playing the Japanese demo for Valkyria Azure Revolution and as I heard before there basically nothing of the original series left in it, just a bunch of generic anime fantasy action RPG stuff that I am sure checks all the boxes from the marketing department.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 11:24 on Jan 2, 2017

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

el oso posted:

Are there 4k Vizio products that are worth getting?

I only know that the m series is dog poo poo dim lcd that cant display the hdr it advertises and can only reach gaming acceptable latency in one hdmi slot that bypasses hdr processing anyway.

Samsung or lg only unless you are a rich doofus and can consider an overpriced sony.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I get it's unit specific but am I missing something? Can any other KS8000 users chime in? I enabled device link on ps4 and anynet--what Samsung calls CEC--and it seems to turn my TV on when I power on the PS4 but that's it. Am I supposed to have menu control with the remote etc?

I have full control with mine. :iiam:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Ya the game owns and deserves more recognition. Good consistent group of goons that play

You got the PSN ids for the group? Dunno what time zone you're all at but add me, my PSN is juliancallan

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Just got Dying Light : The Following - Enhanced Edition from the January deal. Not bad so far, although I've been mostly spending my time running away from everything.

Now I've got 15€ left in my PS wallet and looking at the rest of the sales. I really need a tycoon/strategy/sim game and is Prison Architect a good deal for 10? I would buy Tropico 5 but I already have it for last gen. I desperately need a Tropico 6.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I got Homefront (steelbook edition lol) for $20 Cdn and don't totally hate it? It makes a terrible first impression and the controls are clunky as hell until you upgrade your poo poo - which I suspect many reviewers never did - and the story is corny but the city detail is great (Divisionesque) and it looks fantastic with the Pro patch. It's holding my interest, just barely. If you can tolerate Metro or Dying Light it might be your cup of tea, same low budget urban Far Cry stuff.

Looks like I'm gonna finish it in like eight hours though. Oh well.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

I have full control with mine. :iiam:

Shoot, anyone have any ideas?

You got the PSN ids for the group? Dunno what time zone you're all at but add me, my PSN is juliancallan

I'll add you up, check out the titanfall thread if you haven't already

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
The only good part of Homefront is TimeSplitters 2.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i am sorta torn on picking up titanfall 2 because my irl friends i play shooters with are not into it, how chill are y'all goons. anybody breaking controllers raging like in cod

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Nah we're all us chill as can be tbh but to be fair I've played a lot of COD with goons and they're a fun non-raging bunch as well

I'm sure the COD stereotypes you're thinking of play but I haven't played with any

If anyone is on the fence about it at all just get it, seriously, it's always $30 pretty much anyways. I'm on right now and have been playing with the solid same group for about 3 hours having good ol' fun --we haven't lost a game yet

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I yell at it quite a bit but I just yell at every pvp game because I'm a moron. Haven't managed to to break a controller yet though.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i never yell at shooters because i only play them when i am high, which is fulfilling one of the cod stereotypes i guess. i mise well buy it.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I'll add you up, check out the titanfall thread if you haven't already

👍

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Yeah can someone post the TF2 goon group? I'm down to play some robots

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

There's not really a group, per-se. There's multiple networks that no one uses at all and don't really do much to group you with people you aren't friends with anyways.

There's a community though and PS message group, which most people left anyway

Just add a bunch of people that play, go through your friends list and spam invites to those playing, group up with them, add more people that they invite or you run across, etc etc.

I added all the most populated networks so if we need a couple more for a full party I'll just go through them real quick and see if anyone wants to join, have made a lot of consistent TF2 friends that way. Seriously though the groups with 10k+ people will have at best 25-50 people active in a network, all which are AFK or in a game, four who actually have mics hooked up, who are also AFK

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Same goes for Battlefield. You just need to add a active goon or a few. Then they party up with other goons and you add them.

I'm mostly active for Battlefield 1 but also do some titanfall 2. You can always add me: Ineffiablefx.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Deak.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Nah we're all us chill as can be tbh but to be fair I've played a lot of COD with goons and they're a fun non-raging bunch as well

the black ops 3 thread title at one point referenced a CoD goon punching and destroying a laptop in anger

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Dangerous Person posted:

Me when I bought heavy rain on the ps3, then me again when I bought it on the ps4

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!
How is the split screen on Don't Starve Together on PS4? I have the game for PC, but I figure it might be more fun to play split screen, rather than have me and my girlfriend sit in different rooms on different computers. Provided it works decently.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Stux posted:

the black ops 3 thread title at one point referenced a CoD goon punching and destroying a laptop in anger
Well, it was just a Chromebook. Not like he punched a Macbook Pro or anything.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

putting your psn in spoilies doesnt do anything.. just fyi.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
It creates drag so your psn won't slip so much around tight corners though.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
I did the batch add goon list thing and cancelled the 400 requests it had left after about 200 new people as it was already a lot. If you specifically play destiny, overwatch, last of us remastered mp or watch dogs 2 and we're not friends yet add FadedReality1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

SubponticatePoster posted:

Well, it was just a Chromebook. Not like he punched a Macbook Pro or anything.

also while ragey i would call the group a fun ragey group, not an unfun ragey group

nothing better than realising you have a spot mid way through a game because macys is now offline

edit: not that macys rage quitting is good because he is unfun but because its funny

• Locked thread