Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Sorry, Clarification, the republican base wants leave it to beaver.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

Casimir Radon posted:

I sure hope so.

My wishlist:
His state funeral and library rights get taken away.

I'm dreaming but that's what keeps me going.

The thought of a Donald J Trump Presidential Library is hilarious. Reminds me of the Derek Zoolander Center For Children Who Can't Read Good And Wanna Learn To Do Other Stuff Good Too

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

MRC48B posted:

Sorry, Clarification, the republican base wants leave it to beaver.
The world's a scary place when you have no education and live in a trailer.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sj7lZintEA

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Green Acres was Eva Gabor.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

John McCain to the rescue. He's scheduled a hearing on Russian cyber espionage for Thursday.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

psydude posted:

John McCain to the rescue. He's scheduled a hearing on Russian cyber espionage for Thursday.

E:NVM

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
I hate rooting for John McCain. It's like when the Cowboys play the Patriots and I have to hope someone wins and BY GOD IT WON'T BE BRADY.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Godholio posted:

I hate rooting for John McCain. It's like when the Cowboys play the Patriots and I have to hope someone wins and BY GOD IT WON'T BE BRADY.

Giants/Patriots Super Bowls have me hoping for a nerve gas attack

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

psydude posted:

He's been jonesing for a new Benghazi.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Godholio posted:

I wish he'd come out against him hard during the election, at least after he smeared the Khans. He probably would have retained his seat too. It's unfortunate that McCain's bipartisan efforts seem to mostly be driven by spite.

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

2020 preview video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBN_dEA4jO0

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
McCain probably won't live to be reelected so I guess he's going ham now. Whatever, nice of him to find his balls finally I guess.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Richard "Mack" Machowicz, the bald guy from that old Discovery show Future Weapons died earlier today, stage 4 brain cancer.

Red Crown
Oct 20, 2008

Pretend my finger's a knife.
At one of the last hearings of the Armed Services Committee before the recess, Lindsay Graham declared his intention to propose an AUMF for the new president to use force to prevent North Korea from fielding an ICBM. (97-104)

The odds that we might see a nuclear detonation on the surface of the Earth in the year of our lord 2017 are getting better by the day

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Red Crown posted:

At one of the last hearings of the Armed Services Committee before the recess, Lindsay Graham declared his intention to propose an AUMF for the new president to use force to prevent North Korea from fielding an ICBM. (97-104)

The odds that we might see a nuclear detonation on the surface of the Earth in the year of our lord 2017 are getting better by the day

To be fair, North Korea successfully fielding an ICBM would probably provoke armed intervention from the ROK, Japan, and Australia in addition to the US.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Why would the ROK or Japan give a poo poo?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Godholio posted:

Why would the ROK or Japan give a poo poo?
The distinction was "successfully field an ICBM", not just more tests.

I'd actually be for parking some AEGIS stuff out in international waters and shooting down their rocket tests once they cross the line.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
I think his point was more that the RoK and Japan are already almost certainly in the estimated range of North Korea's extant theater ballistic missiles.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

^Yeah, that.

Sacrist65
Mar 24, 2007
Frunnkiss

quote:

Again, HOW DO YOU PEOPLE HANDLE LIVING LIKE THIS? I need to know. My therapist keeps giving me the "things will work out somehow" spiel. Am I supposed to get a therapist that magically makes me afraid of death far more than living in hell? Am I supposed to keep on going like nothing is wrong? The only reason I don't go out and create some sort of "voluntary euthanasia for everyone because climate change will collapse society" group is because I'm afraid of being institutionalized.

I just don't understand. People keep saying "we're all going to die, we're all going to suffer, etc", but the minute I bring up euthanasia I'm the crazy one. Why is it insane to prefer a complete lack of everything to pure pain 99% of your day?

Sorry for the rambling, I am trying to figure out what the hell I am supposed to do with my life that still magically allows me to be an introverted video game and internet afficionado. Even if it's an impossible task

Crossposting from the DND climate change thread, where people are considering doctor assisted suicide as a response to climate change.

Happy 2017.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I whole-heartedly endorse their right to kill themselves for not getting their way.

I also endorse anyone with a hardon for Putin moving to Russia. gently caress, if I had the money, I'd sponsor their resettling.

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band
I'm reminded of someone I heard saying there is going to be a shitload of money to be made in the mitigation and recovery of flooding. drat if that isn't putting into practice the saying "There are no problems, only opportunities."

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Sacrist65 posted:

Crossposting from the DND climate change thread, where people are considering doctor assisted suicide as a response to climate change.

Happy 2017.

Hahahaha

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

With No Warning, House Republicans Vote to Hobble Independent Ethics Office

:lol:, that swamp sure is getting drained.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
yeah there is like no loving way Japan sits idly by while Best Korea tests out ICBMs

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Accountability gets in the way of results.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

quote:

Mr. Goodlatte defended the action in a statement issued Monday evening, saying it would strengthen ethics oversight in the House while also giving lawmakers better protections against what some members have called overzealous efforts by the Office of Congressional Ethics.

So this is what it's like to live in a dying democracy. Words mean nothing, truth is whatever words gently caress over the other guy and crushing the opposition to grab power is all that matters. Seriously starting to believe this is the beginning of the end for the republic. Sure it's gonna drag on in some form but jesus gently caress with people like this writing the rules for themselves I don't see a way towards any positive future at all.

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners
n:
v: 2017 finna be wild

its really absurd to me that this is on tv or that reality tv exists at all. it makes sense cause its cheap as gently caress to make but its still insane to me.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

bird food bathtub posted:

So this is what it's like to live in a dying democracy. Words mean nothing, truth is whatever words gently caress over the other guy and crushing the opposition to grab power is all that matters. Seriously starting to believe this is the beginning of the end for the republic. Sure it's gonna drag on in some form but jesus gently caress with people like this writing the rules for themselves I don't see a way towards any positive future at all.

one of us one of us

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

n:
v: 2017 finna be wild

its really absurd to me that this is on tv or that reality tv exists at all. it makes sense cause its cheap as gently caress to make but its still insane to me.

that is an extremely relevant meme, sir.

also holy poo poo the bachelor is still a thing

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

You either die a hero or you live long enough to elect Donald Trump.

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

that is an extremely relevant meme, sir.

also holy poo poo the bachelor is still a thing

they rounded up some of the most batshit crazy broads alive and then the softest dude on the planet. he said he wanted to make the bachelor an 'empowering experience' for them all.

lots of extreme human sadness though.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

they rounded up some of the most batshit crazy broads alive and then the softest dude on the planet. he said he wanted to make the bachelor an 'empowering experience' for them all.

lots of extreme human sadness though.

how the hell do you make women competing and debasing themselves for a man's attention "empowering" :psyduck:

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
So what is everyones planes for Jan 20th?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Third World Reggin posted:

Take up huffing glue.

In reality I'll just ignore it and keep hoping that he's forced ouy fast and dies not long afterwards.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Third World Reggin posted:

i'm assuming that was a typo but asking what everyone's flights are seems fairly accurate

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

I think the US is hardy enough to survive a bad presidency or two.

As a reminder, this is what people who hold different opinions felt in 2008/2012. They survived the previous eight years to bitch and moan thus far, and so will you.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

holocaust bloopers posted:

As a reminder, this is what people who hold different opinions felt in 2008/2012. They're still alive to bitch and moan, and so will you.
A large part of that is that they were dead loving wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

holocaust bloopers posted:

I think the US is hardy enough to survive a bad presidency or two.

As a reminder, this is what people who hold different opinions felt in 2008/2012. They survived the previous eight years to bitch and moan thus far, and so will you.

it's also worth noting they had reagan, bush, bush w, and now trump, so it's a little more than a bad presidency or two

• Locked thread