Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

anime was right posted:

https://twitter.com/TomPerez/status/815642498571845632

*does not list anything about any of these issues on his website*

It's really sad that I've fallen off Tom Perez, but after his email exchange with Clinton on Bernie and the whole DNC thing he's on my list of Very Serious People.

Ed Balls is on a whole different list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

anime was right posted:

https://twitter.com/TomPerez/status/815642498571845632

*does not list anything about any of these issues on his website*

I think that progressives should destroy this man's chances of winning so that the Obama/Clinton wing loses influence in the DNC

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Oh Snapple! posted:

seeing willa rogers be treated like poo poo for ~saying negative things about the ACA~ is also pretty much what drove that in~

Bring back Willa. Bring back :bernget:

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

yup

drat it seems obvious in retrospect

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Thoguh posted:

Not just gun control, but to use being on the no fly list as an automatic disqualification from being able to buy a gun.

So kafkesque gun control.

If you look at the amendment, it was actually the Terror Watch List. It's size is unknown, but at least at one point it was ~1m people and it's full of political enemies to the state like lawyers, activists, journalists, etc.

That amendment was genuinely terrible and we should be legit grateful to the Republicans for killing it

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

logikv9 posted:

I love Snowden, Manning, hate Assange

That's fine, Assange is very hateable.

Wikileaks as a service is still good, imo, mostly because we aren't exactly swimming in alternatives that are capable of surviving our governments attempts to purge them.

(Also, is Assange even still alive? Last I heard he was probably dead or disappeared, and the stuff being put out by Wikileaks definitely wasn't going through the organization anymore because it was co opted by some group or other, since their deadmans switch trigger got thrown)

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
TPP Tom

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Aurubin posted:

It's really sad that I've fallen off Tom Perez, but after his email exchange with Clinton on Bernie and the whole DNC thing he's on my list of Very Serious People.

Ed Balls is on a whole different list.

haha I hadn't seen that before, if he wins I'm loving done with the democrats

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

wait poo poo that's a positive name to half the party

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
Perez e-mails on Sanders, got a good article or money shot?

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Raskolnikov38 posted:

haha I hadn't seen that before, if he wins I'm loving done with the democrats

link

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

http://www.commondreams.org/views/2016/10/11/labor-secretary-advised-clinton-cast-sanders-candidate-whites-turn-minorities

quote:

"Emmy and the team have a good plan to attract all minority voters. When we do well there, then the narrative changes from Bernie kicks rear end among young voters to Bernie does well only among young white liberals—that is a different story and a perfect lead in to South Carolina, where once again, we can work to attract young voters of color...."

“In my HRC advocacy, I now say how these people don’t have the time to wait for Senator Sanders to complete his quest for the perfect health care system, or the perfect immigration reform bill.”

“It gets a lot of good nods, especially when I talk about Kennedy McCain immigration and how Bernie opposed this, and immigrants are still suffering the consequences of inaction.”

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Accretionist posted:

Perez e-mails on Sanders, got a good article or money shot?

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/4429

tower time
Jul 30, 2008

I only really posted in D&D a little bit through the primaries, and then followed the Trump thread in cspam through the election since everything else became pretty bad reading. So I missed the period of Willa Rogers being really right about everything and supporting Sanders. Its kind of hard to reconcile with my main memories of her back in the 2008 election season as a hardcore Clinton supporter and at times a very stubborn second-wave style feminist. Its a shame she is gone regardless.

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

Oh Snapple! posted:

lmao

The Civil Rights movement being recast as a triumph of incrementalism is still a personal favorite in terms of "poo poo i saw in here", for the record.

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

would be nice if people began to recognize clinton dems as the actual enemies of the working class that they are

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

logikv9 posted:

I love Snowden, Manning, hate Assange

Will second this and add that I love wikileaks on principle, but will never forgive them for siding with Trump.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

GlyphGryph posted:

This makes it look like "opportunity for all", "criminal justice reform", "fair housing" and "lgbtq equality" are really low priority, even lower than voting rights and civil rights!

why are you against fairness, racist???

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

wtf kind of platform is "fairness" anyway?

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

jarofpiss posted:

the fairness he showed bernie in those emails, obviously

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

jarofpiss posted:

its almost like its intentionally vague and has no objective measure of success :stare:

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

donate to perez's campaign for DNC chair and you'll be able to share your quest for fairness with our new Fairness Flair!

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

it also sounds like some fuckin weak rear end liberal poo poo whatever it is

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

jarofpiss posted:

Business Gorillas posted:

its almost like its intentionally vague and has no objective measure of success :stare:

i guarantee it's poo poo like "more minority CEOs"

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012

Boooo, him:

quote:

the team have a good plan to attract all minority voters. When we do well there, then the narrative changes from Bernie kicks rear end among young voters to Bernie does well only among young white liberals

He was one of those assholes pushing the racism narrative. I hate that poo poo and still see it all over the place from Democrats

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

jarofpiss posted:

He wants the reason Dems can't get anything done to be that they had to play fair, not because they had tie both hands behind their backs and hack off one of their feet.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

What was funny is that unless I'm mistaken Bernie always carried young people regardless of race and Clinton won because of older voters.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
Could the GOP ban/reverse state-level minimum-wage increases?

If so, there's an opening thanks to the Democrats' collapse.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

have you perhaps considered that Bernie Made A Mistake in regards to minority outreach

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
In the hypothetical world where black people hate Bernie Sanders that still doesn't mean his policies aren't good for them, like if for some reason black people loved Trump that wouldn't make his policies good for black people lol

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Accretionist posted:

Could the GOP ban/reverse state-level minimum-wage increases?

If so, there's an opening thanks to the Democrats' collapse.

considering they're doing this on the state level to local minimum wage increases and factoring in the "lol nothing matters" quotient, i would say both "h*ck yes they can" and "i'm glad of it"

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

docbeard posted:

Now if only people hated Jeb! (who actually deserves it) the way they hate Hillary (who kind of deserves it).
nah hillary totally deserves hatred for being a bloodthirsty warmongerer, wall st stooge, and enemy of the poor and working class

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Kingfish posted:

I think that progressives should destroy this man's chances of winning so that the Obama/Clinton wing loses influence in the DNC

it ain't like some of us ain't trying.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Nichael posted:

I actually think overly blaming Clinton is worse because if there's one thing the left doesn't need right now, it's friendly fire. Our ire should be focused on the right as long as lessons from internal and external gently caress ups are learned.

Even as someone hesitant to assign undue blame to Clinton, gently caress this guy.

We are focused on the right. You fuckups just still don't realize you are also to the right.

Error 404 has issued a correction as of 05:36 on Jan 2, 2017

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Did we make a mistake? No, it was those black southern voters who were wrong

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
you know what they call a politician who favors supply-side economics, tax breaks to the wealthy, military intervention to defend american business interests, relaxed financial regulations, and market-based solutions to the problems facing this nation but who are also cool with gay people?

log cabin republicanshillary clinton

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

logikv9 posted:

Did we make a mistake? No, it was those black southern voters who were wrong

for someone who probates for primary salt you're very salty about the primary

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Fiction posted:

for someone who probates for primary salt you're very salty about the primary

hosed up if true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

Bushiz posted:

A sit in over gun control to give intelligence agencies power to unilaterally strop constitutional rights via secret list lmao

Bernie Bros don't care about minority rights!

Now quick, lets specifically try to target our gun ban only at Arabs, this is minority friendly and will definitely help us in Michigan.

• Locked thread