Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

North American Rejects 3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

more like dICK
Feb 15, 2010

This is inevitable.

Kild posted:

He's never gotten a first place so idk what you're talking about.

He has higher lifetime winnings than fly.

When OG wins Kiev and Liquid disbands in shame people will still somehow think NOtail is bad and Miracle is unstoppable

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Why do people even care who is "the best" in a given role when above a certain skill level success is far more dependent on team chemistry.

I mean look at how poo poo Universe looked in Secret and how unimpressive miracle has been in liquid.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Andrast posted:

Why do people even care who is "the best" in a given role when above a certain skill level success is far more dependent on team chemistry.

I mean look at how poo poo Universe looked in Secret and how unimpressive miracle has been in liquid.

I agree, I just think its funny that a team with "best mid" and "best captain" never won anything and a team with none of the best players who was also not the best team won TI.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

ahahahaha

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

really pullin out the big guns with mason there, ain't they

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
jpj is the mystery fifth player

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
The last player is TBD, not even TBA, so unless they're using the term wrong they don't even know who they're playing with yet :shobon:

That said, they're missing a mid imo, and I don't know who the unemployed tier 3 mids are. Abed would be funny

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
does yawar play mid?

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Hoping they bring out the really big guns and sign Bdiz, with Jimmy in mid.

halwain
May 31, 2011
I really hope that the fifth person on demons team is going to be PPD.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

https://twitter.com/MVPJeeF/status/815894176785203200

Huge get to expand into the ignored former Soviet satellite states scene

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Please don't shittalk kyrgyz dota

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Also Mason on Bulba back in august (so even before liquid.bulba failed miserably as well):

quote:

Something something played with SumaiL god, got 16th place. Something something played with a 9k player, got 16th place.

more somethings, EG has gotten top 3 at evErY SinGlE vaLvE eVenT since 2014 except the one where bulba played on the team (they got 16th)

Played on DC, the supposed #2 team in NA back when they first formed behind EG, failed to qualify for every event minus one, which they came in last place for. They qualified for WCA too through a team dropping out, also got last place.

Played on Team Tinker (this team wasn't too stacked, just track record stuff), couldn't qualify for TI, got 3rd place in a NA qualifier when they had a team house and bootcamped.

If you or anybody else wants to go against facts like these and more to support bulba, go for it, but his track record is beyond abysmal given that he's constantly playing with the cream of the crop. It's funny too because he played with rtz/sumail, 2 of the best raw talents you could argue, and now he's going to play with another. Will the last place streak be broken? Find out in 2-3 months!

Onyx team cohesion going to be great

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

would u expect anything less than 100% honesty and integrity from the man who ignored the throw order

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

violent sex idiot posted:

does yawar play mid?

He goes to that lane between deaths yes

gangnam reference
Dec 26, 2010

shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot
https://twitter.com/strawberrydota/status/815794976973959169

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

That team will last until the next major/quals, it implodes, and then some team will pick up Bulba to coach/sub and the NA cycle will restart again.

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good
I have always wondered about Bulba though, he's always seemed like such a mediocre player but he kept finding spots in top-tier teams, so obviously there's something about the guy that the other players see.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Bulba is what he is. He's a limited player that can excel on a few heroes. So his performance as a player is directly tied to the meta. However, he's a known name and all the players like him. I don't think I've heard anyone say a bad thing about him ever. For all his failings as a player, he's also always been a good coach and has a good mind for the game. In an earlier blog post, Aui mentioned how Bulba was the one that showed him how to take a replay from a top team and steal all the good stuff. Given how limited the NA scene is, it's easy to see why he's always around anytime a new team needs another body.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
well someone said something negative about him and now they are on the same team ha ha ha

Sups
Aug 8, 2007

Jimmy Eat World Hunger
I really don't like that techies is actually good again. He seems a lot better now in a lot of situations. Way better in lane. All the bounties are good for him when he roams.

He is annoying.

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfUCY0x-yas

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
peter god

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Apparently TongFu is still a team(?)

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
One step closer to EG.Jeyo happening again

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

i really hope ppd's team owns the poo poo out of the jimmy/mason team when they match up

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I just want to take a second to have a moment of silence for MVP Phoenix.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Kind of getting tired of all the stupid roster changes every 3 months. Why cant teams stick together anymore.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Pop-o-Matic Trouble posted:

Kind of getting tired of all the stupid roster changes every 3 months. Why cant teams stick together anymore.

The teams never stuck together.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

The REAL Goobusters posted:

I just want to take a second to have a moment of silence for MVP Phoenix.

:anime:

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Because we live in an age of glorified individualism.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
The only western rosters that I really remember sticking together entirely unchanged for more than a single TI are the TI3 Alliance/Navi/Fnatic rosters.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Sups posted:

I really don't like that techies is actually good again. He seems a lot better now in a lot of situations. Way better in lane. All the bounties are good for him when he roams.

He is annoying.

Oh boy, a 90 minute game! - not I

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Xtanstic posted:

Bulba is what he is. He's a limited player that can excel on a few heroes. So his performance as a player is directly tied to the meta. However, he's a known name and all the players like him. I don't think I've heard anyone say a bad thing about him ever. For all his failings as a player, he's also always been a good coach and has a good mind for the game. In an earlier blog post, Aui mentioned how Bulba was the one that showed him how to take a replay from a top team and steal all the good stuff. Given how limited the NA scene is, it's easy to see why he's always around anytime a new team needs another body.

This is Also why EE is still on teams. Dude knows farming, but is otherwise pretty garbage. Im betting he'll be even worse since 7.0 is faster and the jungles are more dangerous.

Kilano
Feb 25, 2006

Nasgate posted:

This is Also why EE is still on teams. Dude knows farming, but is otherwise pretty garbage. Im betting he'll be even worse since 7.0 is faster and the jungles are more dangerous.

EE is actually really good. I think he just underestimates his opponents.

I mean NP has done some really impressive things with castoff players

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Kilano posted:

EE is actually really good. I think he just underestimates his opponents.
EE is a high-variance player: he's capable of incredible plays and incredibly bad plays, sometimes in succession.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Kilano posted:

EE is actually really good.

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
I don't think I've ever seen EE make an incredibly good play.

• Locked thread