Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Even a broken clock

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Look! A Horse! posted:

thanks for the answers all.

New Shmorky drama incoming: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3803719

I'm sure that the incredibly sane and cool people from the CWC forums are totally worth taking uncritically at face value.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

no, TFF

Alaois has a new favorite as of 04:50 on Jan 2, 2017

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

oh, that's Morrowind. that's not so bad. hope he doesn't discover alchemy abuse etc though

I was about to ask how the gently caress anyone plays Daggerfall in 2016-17. I tried playing it again about 10 years ago and it was awful. Everything is a flat pixelated smudge.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Yes, Trin is a referee for American HandEgg and also rest of world futbol.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Regrettable posted:

I was about to ask how the gently caress anyone plays Daggerfall in 2016-17. I tried playing it again about 10 years ago and it was awful. Everything is a flat pixelated smudge.
The guy is a platinum level autist who has spent thousands of hours playing Bubsy. That it's not Daggerfall is somewhat of a surprise considering how completely up his alley walking for 70 hours across a randomly generated wilderness would be.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Regrettable posted:

Friend, have you seen the (high-definition) light?

http://www.dfworkshop.net/

This remaster aside, I played Daggerfall so much back in the day that I can go back whenever, but I don't know what it'd be like for a new player trying to get into it.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Guy Mann posted:

I'm sure that the incredibly sane and cool people from the CWC forums are totally worth taking uncritically at face value.

i checked the forums the source of the shmorkydrama quotes

the main forum ("lolcows") comprise 100-pages long threads dedicated to writing unauthorised biographies of specific people on the internet

the second main forum is dedicated to CWC

the third main forum ("rat kings") is threads dedicated to LGBT people who supposedly "use their LGBT position as unfair grounds of" loving whatever. somehow, they do not think Milo Y is one of those people

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Further reminder that kiwifarms didn't dedicate just a thread, but an entire forum, to an autistic guy who pranked them for years.

hand-fed baby bird
May 13, 2009
Is that the forum where that guy who ate the pizza off the floor met his wife who he later pressured into sex work?

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

lol lowtax posts on the cwc forum

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

The Saddest Rhino posted:

lol lowtax posts on the cwc forum

Links, please. I'm not digging through this poo poo myself.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Paladinus posted:

i ain't either but someone posted this in that thread

quote:

I haven't been active on the forums in around half a decade, because it stopped being fun for me to post there. People would try to one up each other with the typical "hey I'm trying to annoy you but TECHNICALLY I'm not breaking the rules so what are you gonna do" poo poo that kids do during long car rides ("I'M NOT TOUCHING YOU! I'M NOT TOUCHING YOU!" as they wave their hands in front of their older sister's face), and it was just a weird vibe overall for me there, so I moved to doing backend poo poo and mostly spending time with my family. I've got three kids, including a 5 month old, and my mom has been diagnosed with an extremely rare form of Leukemia that requires experimental treatment offered by only one hospital in the world, so I've been honestly busy with a lot of real life poo poo.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Look! A Horse! posted:

thanks for the answers all.

New Shmorky drama incoming: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3803719

Nude
Nov 16, 2014

I have no idea what I'm doing.

Paladinus posted:

https://kiwifarms.net/threads/something-awful-and-friends.9689/page-18#post-1598305

Just copied and pasted your quote thing to google to find it.

Nude has a new favorite as of 19:11 on Jan 6, 2017

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Man, that website loving sucks.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Turtlicious posted:

Man, that website loving sucks.
Kiwifarms people are insane.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
For a website that nobody cares about anymore there sure are a lot of 100 page forum threads dedicated to bringing about SA's downfall.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I'm so confused..."CWC"? "Kiwifarms"? I thought the only forum with an unhealthy fixation with this dead gay forum (I love my dead gay forum) was something sensitive.

"Founded as the CWCki Forums, and originally dedicated to Christian Weston Chandler, the Kiwi Farms is about eccentrics on the Internet."

oh. um. I don't know whether I'm more sad for the autist or the people who made an entire forum because of him apparently?
I do know I'm glad I hadn't heard of any of this until 2017, clearly I'm in the right social circles

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
I mean Chris-Chan was a pretty hilarious thing to find back in like 2010 and I'll admit to laughing at his videos and stuff where he shows off how he'd make out with a girl using an anime sex doll and where he gets yelled at by his dad on camera for giving out their info. Hell then he pepper sprayed a dude because he's angry about Sonic.

The problem is people got terrifyingly obsessed with it to the point where they are waaaaaaay more insane/creepy than he is. I'm pretty sure Chris-Chan hasn't even done anything in like 3 years,

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Punkin Spunkin posted:

I'm so confused..."CWC"? "Kiwifarms"? I thought the only forum with an unhealthy fixation with this dead gay forum (I love my dead gay forum) was something sensitive.

"Founded as the CWCki Forums, and originally dedicated to Christian Weston Chandler, the Kiwi Farms is about eccentrics on the Internet."

oh. um. I don't know whether I'm more sad for the autist or the people who made an entire forum because of him apparently?
I do know I'm glad I hadn't heard of any of this until 2017, clearly I'm in the right social circles

FactsAreUseless posted:

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

ChrisChan is the guy who really likes Sonic and hasn't actually done anything horrible right? If so, then Jesus gently caress why are internet retards tormenting him?

E: Oh, still doesn't seem like dedicating an entire forum to tormenting a mentally ill guy is cool and good.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

bitcoin bastard posted:

ChrisChan is the guy who really likes Sonic and hasn't actually done anything horrible right? If so, then Jesus gently caress why are internet retards tormenting him?

E: Oh, still doesn't seem like dedicating an entire forum to tormenting a mentally ill guy is cool and good.

When people first found him he was like, hyper homophobic and had really really bad issues with women but all that poo poo was done to him being raised by awful people and having a legit mental illness. He was more funny because of his insane comic.

Really he has done hosed up poo poo, the afermentioned pepper spraying thing and a time where he went to a game store he was banned from and almost ran over the owner he hated. The problem is that he's been tormented by people for so loving long that even then I give him a slight break because holy poo poo, if I was being systematically humilated for close to a loving decade I'd have major issues too

NO FUCK YOU DAD
Oct 23, 2008
It's not just that they're tormenting him, it's that it's gone on for so long. It was played out enough to be bannable here when I joined nearly a decade ago, and these idiots now have multiple websites dedicated to him.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Oh you mean that autistic guy who had like a made up Sonic character and did something weird at a Gamestop or something? I have a really vague memory of reading about him for like five minutes nearly a decade ago. You're telling me there are hundreds of people on the internet still obsessively following him and deriving entertainment from him? What's so fascinating about an autistic guy? Doesn't the internet have a multitude of "Chris-chans" at this point? Like just go to the r/relationships thread and you've got plenty of beeb boop/insane people.

Oh yeah, nevermind:

FactsAreUseless posted:

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
It really can not be overstated: People have been tormenting him since 2007. Literally 10 loving years.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
In one of the episodes of the new Sonic cartoon, there's an obsessive fan who kidnaps Sonic and friends Misery-style and keeps them looked in his room. Among other things he shows them his fanart of Sonic with flesh-coloured arms.

And without those insane people on a forum dedicated to an even more insane people this would probably never happen.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

hand-fed baby bird posted:

Is that the forum where that guy who ate the pizza off the floor met his wife who he later pressured into sex work?

Have not heard the sex work part of this story... is that real or hyperbole or just a joke I'm not getting?

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

OldTennisCourt posted:

When people first found him he was like, hyper homophobic

The kiwifarms people have an entire subforum dedicated to harassing LGBTQ people with the justification that they deserve it because they use it for personal gain, so I doubt they really have any ground to be judging him on that.

FactsAreUseless posted:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Guy Mann posted:

The kiwifarms people have an entire subforum dedicated to harassing LGBTQ people with the justification that they deserve it because they use it for personal gain, so I doubt they really have any ground to be judging him on that.

It's interesting to see antisemitism directed at other groups using the exact same justifications, tactics, and even language.

CrumFUNist!
Nov 27, 2005

Paladinus posted:

In one of the episodes of the new Sonic cartoon, there's an obsessive fan who kidnaps Sonic and friends Misery-style and keeps them looked in his room. Among other things he shows them his fanart of Sonic with flesh-coloured arms.

And without those insane people on a forum dedicated to an even more insane people this would probably never happen.

The well for insane and bizarre Sonic fandom is bottomless.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Friend, have you seen the (high-definition) light?

http://www.dfworkshop.net/

This remaster aside, I played Daggerfall so much back in the day that I can go back whenever, but I don't know what it'd be like for a new player trying to get into it.

I had not. That looks like it would make things a bit more tolerable, thank you.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Who was the goon who was a relatively popular Let's Play dude who just disappeared for 3 years and showed back up out of nowhere and it turned out he was in jail for a DUI where he killed someone?

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

OldTennisCourt posted:

Who was the goon who was a relatively popular Let's Play dude who just disappeared for 3 years and showed back up out of nowhere and it turned out he was in jail for a DUI where he killed someone?

That was me.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Drunk Nerds posted:

Have not heard the sex work part of this story... is that real or hyperbole or just a joke I'm not getting?

she did sex work regardless and now they both post on SA. he's an extremely racist brit who was pro trump lol

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

bitcoin bastard posted:

It's the 4chan morons (and borderline sociopaths) that never found the line between Real Life and Internet and are unaware they've been doing it for a loving DECADE now.

I never got it, yeah its kinda worth a chuckle when you see the Sonic medallion but the dude is clearly severely autistic and the trolls reek of elementary school children who pick on the weird kid by making him eat dirt and stuff.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Jose posted:

she did sex work regardless and now they both post on SA. he's an extremely racist brit who was pro trump lol

Clochette and i forget his name.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Leavemywife posted:

That was me.

Plus, you announced things in advance in your LP at the time pretty plainly, you didn't just "disappear".

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Leavemywife posted:

That was me.

Choco1980 posted:

Plus, you announced things in advance in your LP at the time pretty plainly, you didn't just "disappear".

wait, seriously?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

The whole Rat King thing seems to be that they mostly seem to go after people who use their tran identity to manipulate others. Shmorky, Fire, and that weird commie Naruto person all apparently have a history of duping naive people, moving in with them, and getting abusive, rinse and repeat.

Casimir Radon has a new favorite as of 05:17 on Jan 3, 2017