Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

Dead Cosmonaut posted:

Did minorities make a mistake by not showing up to vote for Clinton in key areas such as Detroit, Michigan?

No, it was the blacks, definitely. Who on this good green earth else?
Oh, right the Hispanics too. It was the Hispanics and the Blacks that elected Trump president. I can't think why your party has so much trouble getting minority votes? That's your voter base, not ours.

:sad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
’

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Yinlock posted:

"oh yeah america sucks total rear end, but don't you dare criticize it while being foreign, you maple gently caress"

I can talk poo poo about how hosed up my family is but you can't.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Dead Cosmonaut posted:

Did minorities make a mistake by not showing up to vote for Clinton in key areas such as Detroit, Michigan?
I think you'll find they're called "The Demographics".

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The Aristo-Graphics!

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan
watching no country for old men and listening to a texas thunderstorm roll in. At this point I realize that this is the best state in the union, no question

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://mobile.twitter.com/infohazard/status/815783468403752969

https://mobile.twitter.com/RotondoXXX/status/815751316483936256

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Dead Cosmonaut posted:

Clinton got 40,000 less black votes in Detroit than Obama 2012

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
In Africa, they call her Sister Hillary

mugrim
Mar 2, 2007

The same eye cannot both look up to heaven and down to earth.

Joementum posted:

Except Northern Africa where she's known as Madame Death.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

mugrim posted:

Except Northern Africa where she's known as Madame Death.
Slay Kween, please.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://twitter.com/mitchellvii/status/815731336682110976

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Waiting with baited breath for the dumb acronym he makes up for

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0RebubZ3f4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boGXIoMkFy4

jBrereton posted:

Slay Kween, please.

dread abuela

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

finally something I can agree with the butterfly man
https://twitter.com/mitchellvii/status/815800397675773952

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

etalian posted:

finally something I can agree with the butterfly man
https://twitter.com/mitchellvii/status/815800397675773952

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

He's right. Looks like the only thing we have left is

*looks down at list*

Full Communism Now.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Actually, we tried nothing, and it didn't work.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

mugrim posted:

Except Northern Africa where she's known as Emira Clinton.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Yinlock posted:

I mean all you say is "lol canada" so I assume you have no actual argument.

I accept your apology, again.

come back when you've got some skin in the game lol

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Yinlock posted:

I mean all you say is "lol canada" so I assume you have no actual argument.

I accept your apology, again.

lol canada

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Nichael posted:

I actually think overly blaming Clinton is worse because if there's one thing the left doesn't need right now, it's friendly fire. Our ire should be focused on the right as long as lessons from internal and external gently caress ups are learned.

Bad-av-posting just this once to say gently caress this sentiment. If we don't "overly blame" the people who caused our gently caress-ups, we absolutely will not learn lessons from them, because as this year has demonstrated, the Internet is full of people willing to jump through any number of rhetorical hoops to avoid learning lessons. What exactly is the problem with "friendly fire" in a cycle where we have no power anyway?

Stop worrying about the Hastert rule and let's get our poo poo in order. We can get gently caress-all accomplished until we do, so we might as well spend this time making absolutely sure we get real get right or we'll end up with another Obama, or worse, another Clinton.

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

loquacius posted:

Bad-av-posting just this once to say gently caress this sentiment. If we don't "overly blame" the people who caused our gently caress-ups, we absolutely will not learn lessons from them, because as this year has demonstrated, the Internet is full of people willing to jump through any number of rhetorical hoops to avoid learning lessons. What exactly is the problem with "friendly fire" in a cycle where we have no power anyway?

Stop worrying about the Hastert rule and let's get our poo poo in order. We can get gently caress-all accomplished until we do, so we might as well spend this time making absolutely sure we get real get right or we'll end up with another Obama, or worse, another Clinton.

Jesus what did you do man

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I don't think they were saying never blame Clinton, they were saying maybe don't make her into the devil herself who personally destroyed the left, because A) that's stupid and B) right now we probably should be focusing on flipping as much as we can and to do that yes we probably are going to have to accept that lovely centrists are better than Republicans in some areas.

mugrim
Mar 2, 2007

The same eye cannot both look up to heaven and down to earth.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I don't think they were saying never blame Clinton, they were saying maybe don't make her into the devil herself who personally destroyed the left, because A) that's stupid and B) right now we probably should be focusing on flipping as much as we can and to do that yes we probably are going to have to accept that lovely centrists are better than Republicans in some areas.

Counterpoint - lovely centrists stuck in their lovely centrist bubble just gave the Republicans every branch of government, something the Republicans on their own seemed incapable of doing.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer
And it's not so much that people are personifying her as the literal devil as it is that they would like the Clinton wing to accept that they massively hosed this whole thing up and currently exactly none of them are doing that.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
also it may be good to not devote so much energy to making sure the Clinton supporters sufficiently flagellate themselves because saying things like 'we may get another Obama' is something a large amount of Americans view as not a scary danger situation at all, and that's likely to not change at all as time goes on.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Tatum Girlparts posted:

The first two years of Obama's years proved beyond the shadow of doubt that lovely centrists are far worse than Republicans in basically every area.

Serf
May 5, 2011

I'm less interested in Clinton supporters (I was one after all), and more interested in making sure the architects of her campaign never work again. People like Mook and Podesta gotta fuckin go

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Serf posted:

I'm less interested in Clinton supporters (I was one after all), and more interested in making sure the architects of her campaign never work again. People like Mook and Podesta gotta fuckin go

now that's something we all can agree on, yea. Put Mook in the woods instead of Clinton.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

will believe it when i see it

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
Clinton basically Lieberman'ed us ,except this time we didn't just lose healthcare we lost 2 branches of federal government

Jokerpilled Drudge has issued a correction as of 17:02 on Jan 2, 2017

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Tatum Girlparts posted:

now that's something we all can agree on, yea. Put Mook in the woods instead of Clinton.

agreed, put her in a haitian sweatshop

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Enkmar posted:

Clinton basically Lieberman'ed us ,except this time we didn't just lose healthcare we lost 2 branches of federal government

Don't forgot 900 total seats lost when you add in state level races.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Tatum Girlparts posted:

"maybe putting the person who's massive ineptitude gave us president trump in the woods is a little too hasty"

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Business Gorillas posted:

"maybe putting the person who's massive ineptitude gave us president trump in the woods is a little too hasty"

"The man ran a national campaign, he's got experience."

-Someone, somewhere, because people like that only fail upwards.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Joementum posted:

hot sauce!

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer
Putting Mook in the woods gives him a chance of emerging later claiming to know how to win and people will listen to him. I've said it before and I'll say it again: put Mook and podesta on a boat to St. Helena.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

don't think about what should happen to the person who hired mook, as that would sexism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bushiz posted:

Putting Mook in the woods gives him a chance of emerging later claiming to know how to win and people will listen to him. I've said it before and I'll say it again: put Mook and podesta on a boat to St. Helena.

St. Helena's not enough. Pack up Hillary and her whole court and ship the lot of them to one of those international antarctic research stations

• Locked thread