Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Do the Hawks have a gm? Is it still Budenholzer? Sounds ripe for the picking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

dwight howard is such an unnecessary, obvious catastrophe that i'm shocked he isn't already a chicago bull

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

Shear Modulus posted:

With Philly, Denver and maybe some more teams looking to unload big men, does Detroit paying Boban 7M/yr to be their backup next year after Baynes leaves look like a worse move than it did at the time?

7 million is nothing in the cap explosion era.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

R.D. Mangles posted:

dwight howard is such an unnecessary, obvious catastrophe that i'm shocked he isn't already a chicago bull

The too many cooks video but with the bulls and alphas

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Hand Row posted:

Especially since Baynes is now hurt and will be out for several games. The pistons needed centers who could make free throws and play a little bit above replacement level. Boban just hasn't played because Baynes has been much improved. But Boban is still a matchup nightmare and I think once he gets the chance to get some minutes, stan will give him more time.

Could we craft a "fair" millsap trade without recreating the Hawks in Boston?

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Out of curiosity and sadness that the next level of anatomy class is full at school I spent a while reading about tendinosis, especially sports related. I came to the conclusion that Reggie Jackson's injury was massively undersold. He got prp injections in both knees and his thumb. You dont get tendinosis at his tender age unless you've been Brandon Roy/Derrick Rose style running/jumping/cutting with awful form, abraiding and destroying all the, in layman's terms, good stretchy and soft crap inside the knee. So Detroit's training staff, if they aren't fools, are forcing him to relearn to walk, to jump, to run, to cut, so he doesn't Brandon Roy himself. He won't be 'old reggie' for a long time. I'd really like to see them sit him for another month or so.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

who says no

Hand Row posted:

Good point.

Also I didn't know Baynes got hurt. Looks like it's time for my big boy to shine!

Atheistdeals.com
Aug 2, 2004

sad that Gerald Green isn't good anymore RIP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExXljP7SkbU

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Boban is the real deal. Remember when embarrassed Whiteside?

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Atheistdeals.com posted:

sad that Gerald Green isn't good anymore RIP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExXljP7SkbU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ogn0q6r77ZM

This is the only one I need. I watched that game and the dunk was so powerful it hurt me through the TV

RIP Gerald Green, don't do bath salts kids

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

AggressivelyStupid posted:

Boban is the real deal. Remember when embarrassed Whiteside?

I didn't even remember he was still in the league.

Edit:

That Green dunk never fails to amaze me. I always rewatch it several times just for the Shakespearean drama of a bench reaction. The dude ready to leave is all like Ring the alarum bell!

Jack's Flow fucked around with this message at 12:16 on Jan 2, 2017

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Raptors trying to destroy relationships.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

J. R. Is a married man now, rear end in a top hat!!

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

I'm guessing this doesn't show the finish cause he didn't score?

Bashez posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EU5iHoN5tk

Check out this screen to send the game to overtime. It's amazing.

With an offensive line like that, I love Atlanta's chances in the play - hm what's that? Wrong Atlanta? The hell does that mean?

Dejan Bimble posted:

Out of curiosity and sadness that the next level of anatomy class is full at school I spent a while reading about tendinosis, especially sports related. I came to the conclusion that Reggie Jackson's injury was massively undersold. He got prp injections in both knees and his thumb. You dont get tendinosis at his tender age unless you've been Brandon Roy/Derrick Rose style running/jumping/cutting with awful form, abraiding and destroying all the, in layman's terms, good stretchy and soft crap inside the knee. So Detroit's training staff, if they aren't fools, are forcing him to relearn to walk, to jump, to run, to cut, so he doesn't Brandon Roy himself. He won't be 'old reggie' for a long time. I'd really like to see them sit him for another month or so.

For NO other reason than to keep him HEALTHY, right?

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

DeimosRising posted:

He threw it out to Dieng who took an 18 foot jumper.

edit: also, Zinger will be sitting out a second straight game with a sore Achilles.

Redgrendel2001 fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Jan 2, 2017

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
I feel like the Hawks did the exact same thing with Horford last year where they listened to offers, demanded a king's ransom, and did nothing. Still though, Patterson+Powell+something else seems like the plausible beginnings of a deal if Toronto is finally going to make the drat power forward trade.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I was looking forward to Embiid and zinger guarding each other . drat.

14'5" of men

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

DeimosRising posted:

He got the assist.
https://streamable.com/f33h0

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGmsIEQePWA

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Lmao, request to change the music to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yroipjvGII&t=29s

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

euphronius posted:

I was looking forward to Embiid and zinger guarding each other . drat.

14'5" of men

You could have watched them every year if your team simply drafted Zinger :allears:

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Demar rules.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Buckets dnt lie.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
i see the wizards have fought their way back to a .500 record have they figured out what was wrong?

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
John Wall has gone from recovering from offseason surgery on a minutes restriction to playing at an All-NBA level. December stats - 24.9 ppg on .579 TS% with 10.9 assists and 2.7 steals.

They still aren't very good, but every third game or so Wall just takes over like a mini Westbrook and drags everyone along with him.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Dejan Bimble posted:

Out of curiosity and sadness that the next level of anatomy class is full at school

Go to the class anyway. Talk to the professor after class and ask if you can be added to the class even though it is full. He or she will probably try to blow you off at first, but say that if necessary, you are willing to attend class and do the work until someone else drops out to make room for you. If you are persistent (and polite) the professor is likely to give in. I know several people who have done this at various colleges (including me - but that was a long time ago).

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Is this real life, or is this fantasy?
Washington along with the Bucks will be the eastern teams to have a much better second half. Add Detroit and the Hawks if they make the right trades.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Detroit has this weird problem where their two supposed best players (Reggie and Drummond) are their worst line-ups.

The Hawks are done as far as a home court team. They're the same flaws as before, except older with worse players as the years gone by.

I also think the wizards are living on a prayer right now, because Beal and Gortat are playing a billion minutes without combusting.

roundmidnight
Jul 9, 2010

STILL BETTER THAN WHATEVER TEAM YOU WORK FOR

(dealwithitdemarderozansunglasseswhileclankingajumper.gif)

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
I went to see a Rio Grande Valley Vipers game when I was home and it was the best thing I did in Texas

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Time posted:

I went to see a Rio Grande Valley Vipers game when I was home and it was the best thing I did in Texas

I'm really jealous

How's Josh "Not That Josh Smith" Smith doing? I was wondering if Morey might sign him as the Capela stand-in

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

If Giannis Antetokounmpo changed his name to John Ant-Man he might get more ASG votes.

Super Jay Mann posted:

And both teams might lose to Lebron in the Finals.

What a missed opportunity that would be.

If that happens I have faith in the 2018 GSW. GTOAT.

The 1969 Oakland Oaks also were #1 in DRtg/ORtg. The possibility of 2017 GSW being #1 in both and being the first to lose in the finals with that is intriguing.

R.D. Mangles posted:

i would rather start kirk hinrich, who i assume is marinating in some sort of liquid compression sleeve tank, than rajon rondo

Hinrich put up better WS numbers than Rose last year and Rondo this year (so far) in less minutes. Rondo/Rose making 37+ million dollars while Hinrich was making 2.8 million. So naturally the Bulls told Hinrich to leave.

Bulls: daring to be stupid.

Bulls ownership/management (what's the difference):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EAO_tAqtbw

Zogo fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Jan 2, 2017

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Rondo is out of the league after this year, right? Bulls were bidding against themselves this offseason.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Niwrad posted:

Rondo is out of the league after this year, right? Bulls were bidding against themselves this offseason.

If he accepts a back up role probably not.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

euphronius posted:

If he accepts a back up role probably not.

I don't think he's even a backup caliber player in this league. He's a PG who can't shoot, get to the line, or run an efficient offense while also being perhaps the worst defensive PG in the NBA.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Rondo has one more year on his contract and the Bulls management doesn't seem like they'd be the types to have a player on contract but not on the team, even when that's the thing they should do.

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe

I mean I get why the Hawks decided to move on from one of Horford & Milsap, but I guess I don't understand why they did it without having a plan for keeping the guy who was left. Millsap opts out and Hawks take a huge step towards tire fire.

thrilla in vanilla posted:

With no real knowledge of the situation of my own, I turn to yall and ask: Trillsap is demanding a trade because he has to be on a team with Dwight Howard right?

I'm assuming it's because they openly shopped him in the offseason. Dwight's been a good mesh so far

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

PG is real shallow. Lots of teams have absolute garbage at #2 and #3 PG.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

chunkles posted:

I'm really jealous

How's Josh "Not That Josh Smith" Smith doing? I was wondering if Morey might sign him as the Capela stand-in

He was a complete non-factor on offense but they really went nuts with the threeball so it's understandable. He boxed out the flimsy looking dudes from the other team and nabbed some great o-rebs. His D seemed good but it's hard to evaluate that in real time for me, tbh.

He doesn't seem like he's ready for prime time yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

euphronius posted:

PG is real shallow. Lots of teams have absolute garbage at #2 and #3 PG.

Patty Mills gonna get paid this offseason.

e: isnt this draft supposed to be loaded with guards

• Locked thread