Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Julias posted:

A small sample size.

Hmmm. I'm in.

Also I lied I've seen the first one before, now that I see it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Oh that's a good snipe.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

I appreciate this Miki appreciation

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

wait that isn't a polsy avatar compilation???

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Me back at work tomorrow

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

VostokProgram posted:

wait that isn't a polsy avatar compilation???

Oh poo poo that's why I recognize it!

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

noice

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That's me back at work tomorrow

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

StandardVC10 posted:

Still reading YKK. It feels like I'm really deep into it but I guess I really just passed the halfway mark.

Highlights so far: Chapter 60: Maruko tries to goose Kokone and she pulls a gun on her. Don't gently caress with Kokone, man.
Chapter 68: A T-6 Texan! That androids can jack into, apparently.

It's fascinating, though. Very contemplative. The art isn't that detailed but it's really expressive, good at suggesting motion.

Ashinano does absolutely disgusting things with negative space. It's really great!

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

GorfZaplen posted:

As soon as I got into my newly repaired car and drove it for the first time I ran into a lightpole and cracked the windshield. Ignis take the wheel!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cURox2ZGl5k&t=27s

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

lmao

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

StandardVC10 posted:

Still reading YKK. It feels like I'm really deep into it but I guess I really just passed the halfway mark.

Highlights so far: Chapter 60: Maruko tries to goose Kokone and she pulls a gun on her. Don't gently caress with Kokone, man.
Chapter 68: A T-6 Texan! That androids can jack into, apparently.

It's fascinating, though. Very contemplative. The art isn't that detailed but it's really expressive, good at suggesting motion.

His art is nothing short of amazing, and he really likes planes. :3:

After ykk, go through Kabu no Isaki. I cannot help speak highly enough of all his works.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I'm going to talk about the Gay Fire Emblem hacks during a seminar tomorrow

quote:

"Content, the internal part of a semiotic domain, gets made in history by real people and their social interactions. They build that content in certain ways because of the people they are (socially, historically, culturally), the beliefs and values they share, and their shared ways of talking, interacting, and viewing the world. That content comes to define one of their important identities in the world. As these identities develop through further social interactions, they come to affect the ongoing the development and transformation of the content of the semiotic domain in yet new ways. In turn, that new content helps further develop and transform those identities."

s. 28

"Learning how to think about semiotic domains as design spaces that engage and manipulate people in certain ways and, in turn, help create relationships in society among people and groups of people, some of which have important implications for social justice."

s. 38

"Semiotic domains in society are connected to other semiotic domains in a myriad of complex ways."

s. 39

During the seminar I'd like to talk about the creation of content and meaning through creative, social interactions that others can take part of with a connection to video games and LGBT as semiotic domains.

Terper fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Jan 2, 2017

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Terper posted:

You've made some good life choices.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

:eng101:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

s. 69

"I like it , when the Fire Emblems smooch."

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://a.pomf.cat/pzmxof.mp4

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

The boys keep complaining about how hot and dreary it is, but maybe they shouldn't have all worn all black all leather to the freaking desert.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

https://twitter.com/Bootleg_Stuff/status/815818466234159104

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

GorfZaplen posted:

The boys keep complaining about how hot and dreary it is, but maybe they shouldn't have all worn all black all leather to the freaking desert.

Don't worry they'll whine when it gets cold too

Poor Gladio I never let him wear a jacket gotta keep those guns out :mrgw:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I never played a Sonic game so that's a whole genre of memes I don't get

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I figured with the holidays being over and all work would not be a clusterfuck. Boy was I wrong. I got like 3+ hours of work to do in 2 hours. It's price tags so it has to get done. My manager's decision to make me work water was not very bright.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
https://twitter.com/kaztsu/status/815709907924070400

YohaZero is good

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

lmao at the one animator expo short where china takes over japan

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Everything Burrito posted:

I never played a Sonic game so that's a whole genre of memes I don't get

the meme is that all sonic games are broke in different and exciting ways

RME
Feb 20, 2012

incredible ending

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Terper posted:

sounds neat, i hope it goes well for you

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
so, uh, holy poo poo. i knew natsuko was gonna die in this ep of cutie honey but i did not expect her to literally loving get charred to death. it's kind of lame, that the episode where she's given the most screen time she's had in the entire series, is the episode where she dies horribly

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

RME posted:

sounds neat, i hope it goes well for you

My classmates are mostly 25-40 year old moms who have never played video games or think mobile games "are enough", so that'll be fun

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Terper posted:

My classmates are mostly 25-40 year old moms who have never played video games or think mobile games "are enough", so that'll be fun

sounds like a badass presentation

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Terper posted:

hey that younger section might have played the GBA ones

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

GorfZaplen posted:

FFXV trip report: It's good so far

FFXV is a good, fun game whose endgame is gated behind a different, unfun game.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

The Colonel posted:

so, uh, holy poo poo. i knew natsuko was gonna die in this ep of cutie honey but i did not expect her to literally loving get charred to death. it's kind of lame, that the episode where she's given the most screen time she's had in the entire series, is the episode where she dies horribly

Go Nagai did that series, right? Sounds like his sort of deal.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Spiritus Nox posted:

Go Nagai did that series, right? Sounds like his sort of deal.

i mean, she's actually given way way more time in the manga

it's just that, most of that time is spent on go nagai's fetishes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i think i'm gonna take a break from watching the 1973 cutie honey. i might actually just drop it in favor of watching lupin or something and skip to shin, it's not a bad show but i'm getting kind of tired of how repetitive it gets and it's not like there's really an ending

• Locked thread