Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

they could put in every loving one of the 101 dalmations as base 5* and it will literally not impact the game in any way for me

my friends list is another story, where i will get to sample all of these new 5* such as benedict cumberbatch and axl rose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Maybe she wont be gacha and instead be a prize in an event like Yshtola and Minfilia ahahahaha yeah thats going to happen.

But seriously if we dont get the FFXIV event and Ariana is a healer/buffer then she would be a great substitute for not get either of the ffxiv units.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Skyridge posted:

You seem unreasonably angry about this.

I mean, I'm never going to pull a base 5* anyway so being completely apathetic about the whole situation is probably a plus.

Oh, you're gonna draw one.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Maybe she wont be gacha and instead be a prize in an event like Yshtola and Minfilia ahahahaha yeah thats going to happen.

But seriously if we dont get the FFXIV event and Ariana is a healer/buffer then she would be a great substitute for not get either of the ffxiv units.

I feel like she's probably going to free.

If she ends ends up being a 5* gatcha then this whole PR stunt is going to be a huge self own when the news story are about the general public finding that you can pay literally literally hundreds of dollars and still not get her.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied

Shoenin posted:

who or what is Ariana Grande

She is essentially a more recent Christina Aguilera.

Can't believe I broke my lurker status in this thread to break that nugget.

Trying to decide what to do with some of the "friend" summons. None of them seem to be worth a poo poo, so I guess I could dump them into CoD or the 2 Exdeaths I've got...I don't think I'd get that much gil from them.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
Some of them have good trust masteries. Look for ones with Killer passives, Camoflague, the Sunbeam ability, and HP +10%

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

hagie posted:

She is essentially a more recent Christina Aguilera.

Can't believe I broke my lurker status in this thread to break that nugget.

Trying to decide what to do with some of the "friend" summons. None of them seem to be worth a poo poo, so I guess I could dump them into CoD or the 2 Exdeaths I've got...I don't think I'd get that much gil from them.

A more recent... who, now?

Anyway, most of the friend summons are mostly worthless, there's a couple of TMs you should go for like Rizer's and the -killers, please do it TM grind friend units, smoosh them only.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

Vax posted:

It's more alarming that you aren't bro, trust me. Sure next up we will do a Disney coop and implement Mickey, Minnie and the gang. After that we get a Pokemon coop exclusive first world 7* Pikachu.

Ugh, I hope that never happens. If FF:BE were to turn into some kind of F2P cash grab, I might have to quit.

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer

hey girl you up posted:

Ugh, I hope that never happens. If FF:BE were to turn into some kind of F2P cash grab, I might have to quit.

Turn into?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Palleon posted:

Turn into?

:thejoke:

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

lol if you don't think we're already getting a KH banner when the next game of that comes out

Literally who cares about the new singing-themed bard character named Ariana. It's not indicative of anything.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
cleared some inactive friend list room

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
If they made her spoony I would feel a lot better about it

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Go RV! posted:

lol if you don't think we're already getting a KH banner when the next game of that comes out

Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue comes out on 1/24.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

That feeling to do a half off pull hoping to get something good thats not on the banner and you get female bediled.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

My half price pull on the 1st was Charlotte # 13, happy new year!

My half price pull today was a gold Charlotte. The new years happiness just does not stop.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

hey girl you up posted:

Seriously, can you imagine if they started putting in non-Square Enix properties like Brave Frontier into this game?

Or what if they did something lovely like make a hugely powerful unit based on a new game they're releasing, like if they were to make a Noctis unit for FFXV?

God, I hope they never do something like that, it would ruin the purity of this gacha game.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Kheldarn posted:

Next major release. I don't even know what that poo poo is

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!

Kheldarn posted:

Is this the real name or a joke name? I never loving know anymore with KH games. Or FF games for that matter...

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Cartoon Man posted:

Is this the real name or a joke name? I never loving know anymore with KH games. Or FF games for that matter...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_Hearts_HD_2.8_Final_Chapter_Prologue

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue includes a high-definition remaster of Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance, as well as two new pieces of content to the Kingdom Hearts series. The first, Kingdom Hearts χ Back Cover, is a cinematic based on Kingdom Hearts χ that details events not shown in the original game. The other, Kingdom Hearts 0.2: Birth by Sleep – A Fragmentary Passage, is an all-new game that takes place after the events of Birth by Sleep from the perspective of Aqua. Back Cover and A Fragmentary Passage will be the ninth and tenth installments in the Kingdom Hearts series.

I mean, it's not THAT much worse than "Brave Exvius"

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

PaybackJack posted:

She can obviously afford it. I'm more thinking how amusing it would be for her followers watching her spend a dozen rolls until she gets her own character in the game. Then the series of complaints as her followers sign up and try to roll her character, also paying hundreds in the process. God willing it would shine a giant spotlight on the worst aspect of the game and *maybe* force Gumi to implement that base change quicker.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Vax posted:

Wake up, she's not playing the game. This is a PR stunt you nerd.

Ariana Grande being a Final Fantasy fan would still be less surprising to most people than the fact that Vin Diesel is a colossal nerd who loves playing Dungeons and Dragons.

Vax posted:

It's more alarming that you aren't bro, trust me. Sure next up we will do a Disney coop and implement Mickey, Minnie and the gang. After that we get a Pokemon coop exclusive first world 7* Pikachu.

I'd honestly be surprised if Gumi and SE haven't discussed the viability of a Kingdom Hearts collab for FFBE (or BF). At least for Japan anyways, since rights are easier to deal with there, hence mobile games having a billion collabs in Japan and then, like, 3 in their global versions.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
use this to decide whether you will pull for her

https://youtube.com/watch?v=SXiSVQZLje8

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i pull for bedile and clyne, anything else is inviting the devastation of expectation

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied

Cry Havoc posted:

use this to decide whether you will pull for her

https://youtube.com/watch?v=SXiSVQZLje8

"Phrasing"

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
Hey, it's cool that you guys wanna destroy my german dream of an arian Final Fantasy game. Hell it sounds like you guys are even betting on it. I'm just not a fan of imagening a year from now on half of my friendlist being 7* loving Minnie Mouse and the other half 6* some random US celebrity who got some money for being a sprite to whore his/her fanbase to this game. How you can't not like this is beyond me bros.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

rabidsquid posted:

i pull for bedile and clyne, anything else is inviting the devastation of expectation

What about Shadow?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Vax posted:

Hey, it's cool that you guys wanna destroy my german dream of an arian Final Fantasy game. Hell it sounds like you guys are even betting on it. I'm just not a fan of imagening a year from now on half of my friendlist being 7* loving Minnie Mouse and the other half 6* some random US celebrity who got some money for being a sprite to whore his/her fanbase to this game. How you can't not like this is beyond me bros.

if there was even approaching a 1% chance i would ever draw this character i might have an opinion on it

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Also it's not like her character is going to be called "Ariana Grande" so you don't have to worry about your immersive game experience. She refers to the character as DW on her instagram, which probably means "Dangerous Woman" like the title of her album. The sprite looks like it fits in the game too.

Like I don't get how having an Ariana Grande inspired in the game is worse for your experience than the fact that we're fighting a giant snowman with a snowglobe for a tummy right now. Or that we have a character sponsored by Cup Noodles.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Her name is going to be Ariana, she's going to have a unique weapon named grande and her job is going to be dangerous woman

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy
If the character is not named Ariana Grandshelt I'm quitting Brave Exvius.

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008
This actually isn't the first time a celebrity's gotten shoehorned into a FF game. Remember how Genesis, aka Gackt got retconned into FF7?

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Vax posted:

Wait is it 2002 again? I thought we were over Disney characters showing up in Square Enix games.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!

Shark Tower posted:

This actually isn't the first time a celebrity's gotten shoehorned into a FF game. Remember how Genesis, aka Gackt got retconned into FF7?

Here's the best of the worst. (Well, non FF games that is.)

http://www.cracked.com/article_24446_the-6-most-absurd-celebrity-video-game-cameos-all-time.html

Mrit SA
Nov 11, 2016

by Lowtax

Vax posted:

This is an impressive meltdown.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

PringleCreamEgg posted:

Also it's not like her character is going to be called "Ariana Grande" so you don't have to worry about your immersive game experience. She refers to the character as DW on her instagram, which probably means "Dangerous Woman" like the title of her album. The sprite looks like it fits in the game too.

Like I don't get how having an Ariana Grande inspired in the game is worse for your experience than the fact that we're fighting a giant snowman with a snowglobe for a tummy right now. Or that we have a character sponsored by Cup Noodles.

Yes, because a snowman and real life pop star are totally the same thing.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.

The best part of this list is that I've never heard of any of these games

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

If you want some goddamn incredible salt, check out this petition against Ariana Grande being in the game.

https://www.change.org/p/square-enix-prevent-ariana-grande-from-being-in-a-final-fantasy-game

Lots of misogyny in there (who's surprised?) along with incredible statements like Brave Exvius being the "ultimate fantasy saga."

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Imagine with me, a world where people are frantically shouting "HOW MANY GODDAMN PULLS DO I HAVE TO MAKE UNTIL I GET THIS WINTER STEVE BUSCEMI VARIANT"

"Hey after Queen Latifah got her 6* she became the best tank in the game no questions asked."

"i'm just fusing all these lovely dicaprios together i have bad luck"

"loving Fenrir just got Harrison Ford and Dwayne Johnson in one 11-pull, how's this motherfucker keep getting the 5* bases?"

see the world I see and exult in Ariana Grande

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Patware posted:

Imagine with me, a world where people are frantically shouting "HOW MANY GODDAMN PULLS DO I HAVE TO MAKE UNTIL I GET THIS WINTER STEVE BUSCEMI VARIANT"

"Hey after Queen Latifah got her 6* she became the best tank in the game no questions asked."

"i'm just fusing all these lovely dicaprios together i have bad luck"

"loving Fenrir just got Harrison Ford and Dwayne Johnson in one 11-pull, how's this motherfucker keep getting the 5* bases?"

see the world I see and exult in Ariana Grande

This sounds pretty awesome, where do I sign up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Vax posted:

This is a truly grande meltdown.

• Locked thread