Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS
need more cards to round out energy fog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

before anyone says anything no this is not good enough for affinity

The only creatures in Modern Affinity that even share a creature type are Memnite and Steel Overseer, both Constructs. Otherwise there is an amazing zero overlap between the other common pieces. Beast, Soldier, Vedalken Wizard, Pest, Imp. Occasionally there's Spellskite, a Horror, and Ethersworn Canonist, a Human Cleric. The classic guys with the actual affinity keyword are a Frog and a Myr.

If there were at least a little tribal unity we'd have to dismiss it for other reasons, but as it stands, Affinity has too many disparate types for this to even begin to help.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

The only creatures in Modern Affinity that even share a creature type are Memnite and Steel Overseer, both Constructs. Otherwise there is an amazing zero overlap between the other common pieces. Beast, Soldier, Vedalken Wizard, Pest, Imp. Occasionally there's Spellskite, a Horror, and Ethersworn Canonist, a Human Cleric. The classic guys with the actual affinity keyword are a Frog and a Myr.

If there were at least a little tribal unity we'd have to dismiss it for other reasons, but as it stands, Affinity has too many disparate types for this to even begin to help.

it's an artifact though, the card type that affinity likes to play

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
That said, as a sexual deviant who likes +1/+1 counter gimmicks and tribal decks, Metallic Mimic gives me two erections.

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land
Guys nobody cared about my Servo deck post but Metallic Mimic goddamnnnnn

I'mma be makin' some Servos.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

What would it take for something to slot into Affinity at this point? The only thing I can think of (that isn't just a strictly better card than what's in the deck now) is an equipment that gives you what amounts to Cranial Plating 5-8.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

little munchkin posted:

I predict that those artifact tokens from the new tezzeret that sacrifice for one mana of any color show up in green, maybe other colors as well

I doubt it. Etherium is native to Esper and only appears here due to Tezzeret.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

ThePeavstenator posted:

What would it take for something to slot into Affinity at this point? The only thing I can think of (that isn't just a strictly better card than what's in the deck now) is an equipment that gives you what amounts to Cranial Plating 5-8.

they accidently unban skullclamp

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

suicidesteve posted:

U:
Counter a spell with cmc 2 or less.
Revolt - Counter a spell with CMC 4 or less.

Spell Snare but dramatically better seems good.

Dehtraen
Jul 30, 2004

Keep the faith alive
Check out the latest Rosewater comic, he needs to be respectful of the lore, I think

http://markrosewater.tumblr.com/image/155306014473

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

ThePeavstenator posted:

Evasion.

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE

Now here's one of the mid-tier limited playables that keeps me coming back during spoiler season

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Is this internet talk, a reference, or a typo?

https://twitter.com/wizards_magic/status/816018847815831552

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

mcmagic posted:

So this set is REALLY aggressive...

What's the over/under on the number of times someone tries to name Vehicle with this at the prerelease?

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

sit on my Facebook posted:

Guys nobody cared about my Servo deck post but Metallic Mimic goddamnnnnn

I'mma be makin' some Servos.

dies to fumigate

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
/\/\Selfless Spirit! Boosh!

Anil Dasharez0ne posted:

What's the over/under on the number of times someone tries to name Vehicle with this at the prerelease?

π

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

Flying trains!

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

https://twitter.com/Marshall_LR/status/816025335569346561
https://twitter.com/Marshall_LR/status/816026183586324480

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

Establish the Buns

Huh something tells me 7/11 plus this guy are going to be a thing.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Why would Commanders go nuts with ~~hardened scales variant~~?

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Automation has put Thraben Inspector out of work.

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

Yes Marshall, getting killed by poison counters extra fast would be nuts.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Is that a big concern, honestly?

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

ThePeavstenator posted:

Merfolk would sleeve up an entire deck of Seas, Vials, and 2 mana lords if it could

Yeah, the real problems are that it's a fairly bad topdeck, does pretty much nothing when vialed in (especially during combat), and doesn't pump Mutavault at all. Possible it'll still take the spot of something like Tidebinder Mage or Harbinger of the Tides but I figure that might be giving up interaction where it's needed.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Winding Constrictor's going in my Atraxa deck

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

odiv posted:

Is that a big concern, honestly?

Not really sure how popular Atraxa infect decks are, I just remember hearing a lot about them in November so it was the first thing that came to mind to me.

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

Toshimo posted:

Why would Commanders go nuts with ~~hardened scales variant~~?

He's probably thinking of

EDIT:

At least it's uncommon this time.

Sit on my Jace fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Jan 2, 2017

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

hahaha this on ovalchase is clunky as gently caress but a 9/1 tramping first strike lol

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

is that a

dino train

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
So they have made the best black removal maybe ever and also put it at uncommon?

I honestly think that its possible some poo poo can shaken up from the top down.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

is that a

dino train

more of a rhino train I think

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
fatal push is really good, and I expect it to mess with modern a bit

the extra turn energy card, meanwhile, looks kinda weak when marvel exists

oh and if the blue "cast a spell with cmc 3 or less for free" card isn't draw 3, wotc needs to reevaluate what the hell they're even doing

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Express is a limited killer.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

This was my first thought. It's the opposite though. It can't move until it's in siege mode.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
So is our only new hope thus far in stopping turn 4 Emrakuls just going more aggressive, and some how dodging radiant flames?

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

suicidesteve posted:

This was my first thought. It's the opposite though. It can't move until it's in siege mode.

counterpoint: it hits first, hits hard, is helpless when whatever survives retaliates, and is also a huge loving gun

Elyv fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Jan 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully

Anil Dasharez0ne posted:

He's probably thinking of

EDIT:

At least it's uncommon this time.

so we have our mythic uncommon of the set for limited

• Locked thread