Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
Hi guize! I recently got a PS4 so I was thinking I could play Skyrim again this time on a big screen and with an inferior controller. The thing is I want to install a mod that lets me murder every NPC (ie children) which I believe Bethesda has forbidden from their mod thing. Does anyone have any idea if it's possible to install this kind of mod on the PS4 Skyrim game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Delthalaz posted:

Hi guize! I recently got a PS4 so I was thinking I could play Skyrim again this time on a big screen and with an inferior controller. The thing is I want to install a mod that lets me murder every NPC (ie children) which I believe Bethesda has forbidden from their mod thing. Does anyone have any idea if it's possible to install this kind of mod on the PS4 Skyrim game?
Yes, that's doable with only a plugin. Don't know if someone actually made that mod though.

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde

Raygereio posted:

Yes, that's doable with only a plugin. Don't know if someone actually made that mod though.

Oh neat what's the plugin? I want to make sure I can actually do this before I buy the new skyrim because I have no desire to have my creepy cat murderer reported to the cops by invulnerable children.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
You will probably not be able to play that mod on a PS4, I imagine Bethesda will remove that mod from Bethesda.net immediately. They have a strict no-child-killing policy.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Sky Shadowing posted:

You will probably not be able to play that mod on a PS4, I imagine Bethesda will remove that mod from Bethesda.net immediately. They have a strict no-child-killing policy.

I bet you could make it on the PC, make a burner account, title the mod something else and then upload it, then download it on your ps4 asap.
Really though modding on consoles sounds like it sucks butt in comparison to PC so only console if you must.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
Or, you know, just mod it so kids can't be witnesses anymore.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
Are there any increased spawns mods out for SSE? I keep waiting for an ASIS equivalent to pop up. Or at least an autosave mod.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

I recommend Warzones + the Populated mods.

Mr. Owl
Jan 24, 2008
I've been using Warzones, which really benefitted from SE, but that just adds bigger fort battles and fights over certain areas and doesn't do anything for other regions.

E: Saw this one but I don't know how well it works out in practice. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/5033/

Mr. Owl fucked around with this message at 10:05 on Jan 3, 2017

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Extensible Follower Framework is now available for SSE.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Delthalaz posted:

Oh neat what's the plugin? I want to make sure I can actually do this before I buy the new skyrim because I have no desire to have my creepy cat murderer reported to the cops by invulnerable children.
If you ever looked at Skyrim modding you may have seen people refer to a "esp" or "esm" file, that's the plugin. Basically it's a file that contains all the game's data. Only stuff like meshes, textures, sounds, scripts and UI are their own separate files.
Note that you won't be able to make that mod yourself. The console users are dependent on the PC crowd to actually make the mod and upload it to Bethesda.net. And as Sky Shadowing indicated above, we're going to run into a problem there.

Guidelines for Mod Uploads posted:

Do not upload mods featuring violent acts towards children.

A mod that makes it so that children won't report crimes they see should be fine though.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...
So after like four months of procrastination, I finally got back to getting Skyrim (non-Special Edition/Classic Skyrim) set up with mods. I wanted to load a few more mods before I start, but I wasn't sure what to add.

I have Timing is Everything installed, but I didn't know if there's a recommended setting for everything. (ex. if there's a specific level you should be at before attempting Dawnguard/Dragonborn)

What's the difference between UFO and Extensive Follower Framework?

I installed Heavy Armory, but I was curious if there was a mod that expanded on crossbows (since it looks like you only get two types of crossbows in the vanilla game). I also saw that Weapons of the Third Era was compatible with Heavy Weaponry, but the author of WotTE says he's stopped working on it, and the link to author's who continuing it just sends me to the Nexus homepage.

Mister Perky
Aug 2, 2010

Max Wilco posted:

I have Timing is Everything installed, but I didn't know if there's a recommended setting for everything. (ex. if there's a specific level you should be at before attempting Dawnguard/Dragonborn)

I'm pretty sure the only consensus recommended setting is putting random vampire attacks at level 100 so they never loving happen.

Beyond that every person you would ask probably would have a different answer. I generally move quests (especially the "minor" stuff like finding Mjoll's sword) up earlier, though I prefer to forestall The Cursed Tribe until [at least] after I've already discovered Largashbur because fast travel seems to be the only way I arrive in time to keep that first giant from killing off the orcs that can be made followers.

Also, open question to everyone: I'm still playing Oldrim mostly since i don't want to give up SKSE-needing mods quite yet. I've been trying out increased random encounter mods but haven't found quite what I'm looking for yet. The mods I've found so far add a lot of new encounters. What I'd like to find is a mod that simply increases the frequency of the vanilla encounters without necessarily adding any new ones (i.e. make it more likely to run into the revelers with the charmed necklace, or the scavenger, or the kids selling dwarven junk, without also adding Dwarven Spider vs Unbound Dremora at every fork in the road or whatever). Is there anything like this out there?

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Today I learned that the random orcs that get killed by the giant the first time I approach Largashbur are followers

Mister Perky
Aug 2, 2010

Eric the Mauve posted:

Today I learned that the random orcs that get killed by the giant the first time I approach Largashbur are followers

Oh, not them, per se (they all bear the generic name "Orc"), but Ugor usually runs out to help them when they invariably get their rear end kicked and, well...

Also that Giant tends to respond (as do the generic orcs for that matter) so in order to truly protect Ugor I have to be able to make her a blade (another reason for my using Timing Is Everything to delay this quest indefinitely).

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

Mister Perky posted:

I'm pretty sure the only consensus recommended setting is putting random vampire attacks at level 100 so they never loving happen.

Beyond that every person you would ask probably would have a different answer. I generally move quests (especially the "minor" stuff like finding Mjoll's sword) up earlier, though I prefer to forestall The Cursed Tribe until [at least] after I've already discovered Largashbur because fast travel seems to be the only way I arrive in time to keep that first giant from killing off the orcs that can be made followers.

Do vampire attacks get that frustrating?

A quick question about Mod Orgainzer. I'm trying to sort my mod order, but I'm sure what order everything should go in. I know you can auto-sort plugins, but I don't know it there's an option to auto-sort the main mod list, or what should override what. For example, I've got SPERG and the Community Uncapper, but I don't know which should have higher priority.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
Mod order only matters for assets that aren't ESP data, so the order you put it in depends on which assets you want to see in the game when two mods modify the same asset. In the SPERG/Uncapper case, SPERG has its own Uncapper ini. It needs to override the default one and the simplest way to do that is to put SPERG after the Uncapper.

There's no best mod order but MO should alert you to try to keep mods and ESPs in the same relative order. It ultimately comes down to resolving conflicts between assets (scripts, textures, etc.) and is mostly relevant if you have multiple graphics mod packs that all edit some textures.

GunnerJ fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Jan 4, 2017

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Max Wilco posted:

Do you enjoy NPCs getting killed as soon as you walk into a city and you can do gently caress-all about it? You do? Then vampire attacks are for you my friend!

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

Eric the Mauve posted:

Do you enjoy NPCs getting killed as soon as you walk into a city and you can do gently caress-all about it? You do? Then vampire attacks are for you my friend!

What, just randomly generated NPCs? Or are you saying that Bethesda set it up so that vampires will attack the normal NPCs and mess up quest lines.

It's the second one, isn't it?

GunnerJ posted:

Mod order only matters for assets that aren't ESP data, so the order you put it in depends on which assets you want to see in the game when two mods modify the same asset. In the SPERG/Uncapper case, SPERG has its own Uncapper ini. It needs to override the default one and the simplest way to do that is to put SPERG after the Uncapper.

There's no best mod order but MO should alert you to try to keep mods and ESPs in the same relative order. It ultimately comes down to resolving conflicts between assets (scripts, textures, etc.) and is mostly relevant if you have multiple graphics mod packs that all edit some textures.

Right now, it seems like the most overwrites are related to the Unofficial Legendary Edition Patch. I imagine that it should overwrite the DLC content, but it also affects Skyrim Unbound, Timing is Everything, and Noble Skyrim texture mod.

Max Wilco fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Jan 4, 2017

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Max Wilco posted:

What, just randomly generated NPCs? Or are you saying that Bethesda set it up so that vampires will attack the normal NPCs and mess up quest lines.

It's the second one, isn't it?

Of course it is. And best of all, it's one of those Bethesda style schrodinger's bugs where you can't even tell if it could be the intended purpose or not.

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Time to let the dead be dead.
I use When Vampires Attack and haven't really had anyone important die from vampires, they do a pretty good job of running away.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

When Vampires Attack never seems to work properly for me, too many NPCs cower out in the open instead of seeking shelter. I prefer this mod, which outright disables the attacks, and it also works in Special Edition with no conversion necessary.

hobb
Sep 20, 2001
Yeah the vampire attacks had me completely confused when I came back to replay skyrim with the SE release.

My very first trip to whiterun involved the stable owner and someone else I couldn't ID as they were a ash pile from being reanimted being dead as I was leaving to deal with the dragon at the tower. Cue me instantly getting a mod to disable this garbage. I did try the one where npcs are suppose to flee but after observing the majority of riverwood being cut down and not fleeing I just went with the fully disables them one.

Another weird problem I've had involved Open Cities and people dropping like flies when I'm away. It got to a point that about 60% of windhelm's citizen population was AWHOL and a few quests were broken. I'd also been getting many inheritance mails from couriers so I went to investigate this problem myself. It turned out that npcs were falling into the ground and dieing under the map from long falls, which had occured in pretty much every city. I had to abandon that playthrough as significant portions of every majory city was dead from this for who knows how long.

I started a new playthrough with Open Cities disabled and it hasn't been a problem since. I'd love to use it again but its made me paranoid.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Are the vampire attacks really that much of a bother? I guess I knew to expect them, but on my current playthrough not a single NPC was killed (actually i think a single guard may have) in a random attack before I started Dawnguard. The guards and townsfolk handled matters competently enough for the time it took me to notice something was happening in town and get myself over there to handle the situation. Rather more annoying are the dragon attacks which never stop, have way more health and attack, and can roast the helpless populace from on high while they stand around uselessly.

I might've just gotten lucky vampire spawns though. I guess just knowing that it's theoretically possible to get hosed by random vampire encounters is bad enough.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013

Amppelix posted:

Are the vampire attacks really that much of a bother? I guess I knew to expect them, but on my current playthrough not a single NPC was killed (actually i think a single guard may have) in a random attack before I started Dawnguard. The guards and townsfolk handled matters competently enough for the time it took me to notice something was happening in town and get myself over there to handle the situation. Rather more annoying are the dragon attacks which never stop, have way more health and attack, and can roast the helpless populace from on high while they stand around uselessly.

I might've just gotten lucky vampire spawns though. I guess just knowing that it's theoretically possible to get hosed by random vampire encounters is bad enough.

You're lucky when they attack while non-essential shopkeepers are already home and unlucky when they attack while non-essential shopkeepers are still walking home since attacks tend to occur near shops in some of the cities. The main issue is dead shops.

I feel like the wait command also interacted very unfavorably with the attacks in some way? Probably was mostly in hurting the timing of people walking about.

ColoradoCleric
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Hey I'm having trouble with the wet and cold mod on the original edition of Skyrim and was wondering if anyone could help me out. I've tried moving the mod to be first in the mod queue but ingame nothing is happening. It shows up in the MCM but none of the settings appear. I'm using a saved game so maybe I have to start a new one? Any help?

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007

Max Wilco posted:

Yes, and modding often only makes it more frustrating (although some may specifically help mitigate the bullshit. It's usually not bad the first time you're going through, and actually complete the Dawnguard DLC. But as soon as you start another character and remember those vampires are going to keep attacking until you finish the mediocre quest chain...

"When Vampires Attack", and to a lesser extent Immersive Citizens, or whichever town NPC AI overhaul it was, will make most/all NPCs run the gently caress away for guards can do their job. Immersive Citizens... makes Citizens... 'Immersive', so you'll still find odd NPCs throwing 'bows when vampires show up... this is frustrating. When Vampires Attack is a better solution (imo) but Immersive Citizens takes priority, so all WVA does is cover what IC doesn't. Despite my misgivings with respect to Immersive Citizens, they're still preferable to vanilla.

Which brings me to the other side of modding. I tend to use mods that eliminate level scaling, which typically make vampires high-level NPCs only, so hit level 10, and now you periodically get level 60+ NPCs invading towns, and by periodically I basically mean every single night.

It doesn't help Dawngaurd content is rather mediocre, on toward down right boring, so more interesting half-meassures, like maybe a gold sink that lets you pay a local Dawnguard rep to basically eliminate Vampire attacks in a given hold for XX days/weeks/months isn't even worth the trouble next to just disabling the random vampire invasions, so you can keep the DLC esp active (mod compatibility), without having to give a single poo poo about the actual content of the mod otherwise.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

So, goons, can anyone here recommend a decent castle-style player house? Preferably with some form of follower integration. All the OP house mods are dwemer clockwork stuff but I'm hungering for something more traditional. And I have no way of knowing what on the nexus is garbage or gold.

Alternatively a Telvannii mushroom tower. Last I checked there weren't any good ones.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

Rhjamiz posted:

Alternatively a Telvannii mushroom tower. Last I checked there weren't any good ones.

You didn't like Tel Nalta or Tel Avius? I thought they were pretty good except for the building resource requirements in Tel Nalta but even then the modder provides a version where all the resources are provided for you.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

dijon du jour posted:

You didn't like Tel Nalta or Tel Avius? I thought they were pretty good except for the building resource requirements in Tel Nalta but even then the modder provides a version where all the resources are provided for you.

It's been a while since I looked at them, I'll have to refresh myself

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
What is the absolutely minimum I need for mods for basic Skyrim? I want to get back into Skyrim for some old-fashioned RPG adventuring, but messing with dozens of mods and trying to avoid crashes gives me an almost literal migraine.

It's been a few years since I last played Skyrim so I imagine the modding scene is a lot healthier now - which it should be, considering it's a Bethesda Elder Scrolls game so it's pretty much a requirement. I've heard Skyrim 2016 is a good mod multipack, anything else I should look into in the way of graphical/UI/gameplay essential multipacks? Just the least hassle, please.

Right now, all I know is I need that 2016 megamod, an ENB of some sort, SkyUI, and that Another Life mod that lets you skip the intro.

E:

Something like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpGI1xWjWnE

Skyrim: The Journey, apparently a modpack of 450+ mods. I just want a one-stop shop to download a bulk multipack to overhaul Skyrim to not fiddle around with mod order and etc but still retain the essential gameplay elements.

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Jan 5, 2017

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

What is the absolutely minimum I need for mods for basic Skyrim? I want to get back into Skyrim for some old-fashioned RPG adventuring, but messing with dozens of mods and trying to avoid crashes gives me an almost literal migraine.

It's been a few years since I last played Skyrim so I imagine the modding scene is a lot healthier now - which it should be, considering it's a Bethesda Elder Scrolls game so it's pretty much a requirement. I've heard Skyrim 2016 is a good mod multipack, anything else I should look into in the way of graphical/UI/gameplay essential multipacks? Just the least hassle, please.

Right now, all I know is I need that 2016 megamod, an ENB of some sort, SkyUI, and that Another Life mod that lets you skip the intro.

It turns out there's an OP that covers this in exhaustive/ing detail, and I have no idea what's in that Skyrim megamod but the mods I'd consider the bare minimum are:

The unofficial patch(es)

SkyUI (and SKSE and the various crash/bug fix plugins for same if you're not running Special Edition, and hell, if you're not planning on lots of mods, run Special Edition and use the older compatible SkyUI)

The Noble Skyrim texture replacer pack (or whatever you fancy, just something other than the vanilla textures).

And either Live Another Life or Unbound since you, like all sensible people, fancy skipping the intro.

I don't use ENB (other than enboost which may or may not do a damned thing because gently caress Windows 10 and its stupid DX9 memory limitations) so can't really comment there.

And maybe that megamod is awesome but I'd be wary if you want to avoid headaches, because when (not if) something inevitably breaks, you'll either have to fix it yourself or depend on the person who put the compilation together who has already probably gone insane from fifty trillion BUT WHY ISN'T THIS MOD IN THERE demands.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

drat, not even the thread title cuts this poo poo out.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

GunnerJ posted:

drat, not even the thread title cuts this poo poo out.

For what it is worth, it's been like this in every modding thread I've ever seen on these forums. A shame, since the OPs are so well done.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

I miss your old avatar, but u don't need to remember.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Gyshall posted:

For what it is worth, it's been like this in every modding thread I've ever seen on these forums. A shame, since the OPs are so well done.

I've more or less decided to not bother paying them any attention but sometimes it's just too remarkable (asking for modpacks and bare minimum essential mod lists).

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Has anyone tried an unarmed run in Ordinator? I completely forgot that unarmed doesn't allow blocking unless you're using a shield and all the unarmed perks require two empty hands?

I'm also using Skyrim Expanded weaponry, will those curved blades count as unarmed weapons and empty hands? This is on the special edition.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

What is the absolutely minimum I need for mods for basic Skyrim?

Nothing. Skyrim is fun without mods, and messing with the mods only sends you down an infinite rathole.

Still, the unofficial patches and something to unfuck the Dawnguard vampire attacks would be great.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
First mods I got with regular skyrim was skyui and bugfixes, though i think i realy consider skyui a bugfix because wow the vanilla ui is some hot garbage on pc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Is there a Morrowloot Ultimate patch for using Ordinator on SSE? The Ordinator page says that there should be, but I can't find it on Morrowloot Ultimate's page.