Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
hmm, we could win reelection by actually implementing things that people like and then pointing to that....... or just do the opposite of that and lose

lets lose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

etalian posted:

Also Obama's attempts at drug price reform got shot down by Dem Senators.

willa rogers was right all along

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

etalian posted:

Also Obama's attempts at drug price reform got shot down by Dem Senators.

don't forget the traitor lieberman

i can't believe that shitstain was almost in the white house

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

anime was right posted:

hmm, we could win reelection by actually implementing things that people like and then pointing to that....... or just do the opposite of that and lose

lets lose.

actually obama won in 2012

mugrim
Mar 2, 2007

The same eye cannot both look up to heaven and down to earth.

HorseRenoir posted:

I don't agree at all with the idea that "bernie would have won" provides a positive direction for the party. "Bernie lost because the DNC favored Hillary" is the same thing as "Hillary lost because of Russian hackers". It happened, but it's not the reason Bernie lost and to focus on that is to handwave away the bigger, internal reasons for his loss. After all, there's no way a new guy with less name recognition running to the left of Hillary could have beat her in a primary, right???

Progressives can sell leftist populism to whites but they need to work on connecting with nonwhite Dems to get anywhere on a national level. Bernie failed to do this which is why he "could have won" but lost to hillary loving clinton instead

Most of the people I see make the argument "Bernie would have won" just mean that all the complaints people had about HRCs viability in the general should have been taken seriously and that she's effectively the worst of both worlds. She's not that left AND is hard to elect. I don't think it's an actual process based issue with just the DNC as an institution that had him lose and I think anyone is crazy to think he would have won the primary if the DNC was semi-fair instead of its lovely current state and they really need to challenge themselves that their current platform of incrementalism is not only ineffective but uninspiring.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Baloogan posted:

remember her PEPE speech

I called that the freedom fries of memes and lost an incalculable amount of respect from my peers.

I was RIGHT though, it was a bunch of noise about something meaningless that ultimately made everyone involved look stupid. I just happened to be involved.

Grondoth has issued a correction as of 02:02 on Jan 3, 2017

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Hillary didn't need a comedian on her payroll, when she has such great lines as this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45cvqnJW1UY

or this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wWf397ZI0Y

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

actually obama won in 2012

cool, did anyone else

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Ace of Baes posted:

I can't believe racist russian internet trolls smearing Hillary Clinton made democrats lose 900+ state legislature seats, 12 governors, 69 House seats, 13 Senate seats since 2008.

hmmm

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

im guessing no

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
This was the best joke
https://youtu.be/AlFi0QUboxs
Oh...wait she wasn't joking...:smith:

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief
:salt: :salt:

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

Error 404 posted:

MARX!
*click*

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief
Reagan 2.0! *click*

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://mobile.twitter.com/GMBnumba2/status/812395840438407168

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
hey rules question suppose hypothetically that someone's posting as a US Senator and it's complete poo poo as a gimmick, can I suggest that said senator kill themself without getting a sixer because i mean the senator not the poster. jw

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

it's the messenger not the message! just give us a few more cracks at centrism and i'm sure we can sell it to the populace!

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

But the downticket

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Lord of Pie posted:

But the downticket

but bernie didnt support downticket races.......

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.
Hillary thought we lived in a meritocracy lol.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/EricLiptonNYT/status/816080006434713600

welp. thanks a lot, democrats.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
it was CTR it was CTR I continue to insist

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
white House turned into Trump hotel, Paul Ryan feigns ignorance

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fidel Castronaut posted:

and even then she relied on cronyism to further her ambitions.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

anime was right posted:

but bernie didnt support downticket races.......

Bernie, shame on you for getting so many donations and forcing Abuela to completely tap out the victory funds

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Fidel Castronaut posted:

worse, she thought she had merit

Serf
May 5, 2011

logikv9 posted:

white House turned into Trump hotel, Paul Ryan feigns ignorance

paul ryan: donald who?

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

It's that time of night where I wander into the election thread and think "what a morally reprehensible piece of poo poo" several times in rapid succession.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
The Republican White House, starring MIKE PENCE as VP, PAUL RYAN as SPEAKER, REINCE PREIBUS as CHIEF OF STAFF also donald trump as POTUS

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

it takes a lot to make a stew

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

a pinch of homophobia, and bootstraps too

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
why oh why oh why the gently caress why did people think hillary knew what she was doing?

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

They lost EVERYTHING

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Uncle Wemus posted:

They lost EVERYTHING

it's fine.

we just run obama everywhere, for every position, and we don't have to change anything.

that's the ticket.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Uncle Wemus posted:

They lost EVERYTHING

you guys still have loads whiny fractious left wing idiots

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

why oh why oh why the gently caress why did people think hillary knew what she was doing?

because we had to lmao

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

Very serious people assured everyone, not many people stopped to ask if those same very serious people were vying for positions or favor in her administration lol

Serf
May 5, 2011

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

I mean up until they lost everything, all signs pointed to it working

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
We came we saw we died!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
i think its hilarious how yall bones got owned