Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Srice posted:

It's the lack of messaging that's a real bummer with 'em. Wouldn't be so annoying if they'd just say something about it.

yeah. that and prime video is the worst thing to try and navigate even if you're looking for non-anime. somebody on my TL was just commenting on how they added all of seinfeld recently but it wasn't advertised at all or in a prominent place.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I unironically love, episodes that couldn't exist if they were made today

https://my.mixtape.moe/qalqis.webm

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

dogsicle posted:

yeah. that and prime video is the worst thing to try and navigate even if you're looking for non-anime. somebody on my TL was just commenting on how they added all of seinfeld recently but it wasn't advertised at all or in a prominent place.

Yeah. It blows! I have no idea how to find good things (except for the few exclusives they actually market) outside of stumbling upon them randomly.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Uhhhhhhh

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
is it actually up? I can't find it

amazon why are you so lovely and why do I keep giving you all my money

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I don't want to be at work. I want to play FFXV

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I'm still on vacation until next Monday and I plan to be lazy because if this year is like last one, it'll be the last I get.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

This image doesnt work on a black background

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

God drat gently caress The Departed is a good film. Although I went through some emotional whiplash by starting it immediately after the last episode of Sound Euphonium.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

a kitten posted:

God drat gently caress The Departed is a good film. Although I went through some emotional whiplash by starting it immediately after the last episode of Sound Euphonium.

I kinda wish I'd seen it without having already watched Infernal Affairs, since it kinda loses some impact when you already know more or less where it's going.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

infernal affairs is better anyway

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Parallax posted:

infernal affairs is better anyway
That's what I came away with too. I saw The Departed in the theater though and watched Infernal Affairs some time before that so it's been too long to remember any specifics of either one at this point.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Ha, maybe viewing order does matter then. I saw Departed first and like it more, but they're both fantastic movies.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

wheres her face

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

a.lo posted:

wheres her face

um, right on her head?

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

oh there it is

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

a kitten posted:

Ha, maybe viewing order does matter then. I saw Departed first and like it more, but they're both fantastic movies.

i saw departed first but i'll take tony leung over matt damon and dicaprio any day

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

hey here's my secret collection of let it die songs if you have any that aren't in here let me know thanks https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1pTuu6zKwG7Sm5fVXBpUlgyb2c/view

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

a kitten posted:

Legal streaming for them is over, alas.

~whistles

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Oh sweet, that'll make it easier to catch up on some i missed.

I like the one where two girls fall in love and then Third Impact happens.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Sorry Corals
Jan 2, 2010

!!!

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Vacuum-sealed.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

That's pretty high up there on the "clothes do not work that way" list.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Julias posted:

Vacuum-sealed.

ensures freshness

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Time to post this again.

https://twitter.com/gen_marshmallow/status/779820323613052928

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

A+ Noa.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Never seen a sport coat go with shorts before, but Noa's making it work.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Gah, why is LL Sunshine still only on funi? Migrate that poo poo over to crunchyroll please.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Spiritus Nox posted:

She's doing a Daisaku cosplay

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Spiritus Nox posted:

the 80s were something crazy alright

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Well did it?

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

a kitten posted:

Gah, why is LL Sunshine still only on funi? Migrate that poo poo over to crunchyroll please.

I thought they merged their content? Weird that Funi is being so selective about it. That lovely Puzzle and Dragons anime is on CR now, and that was a Funi exclusive.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Mill Village posted:

I thought they merged their content? Weird that Funi is being so selective about it. That lovely Puzzle and Dragons anime is on CR now, and that was a Funi exclusive.

It seems to be an ongoing process rather than all at once, no idea how it all works wrt to licensing or what is moving when. Afaik crunchyroll gets the subs and funi gets the dubs

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

I cannot teach people how to translate, use photoshop, etc. I guess it could be considered a tutorial on the process?

Personally I just erase the Japanese speech bubbles and then put the translations inside instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
what about the method of not even erasing the japanese text and just adding the translation on top of it

• Locked thread