Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Yeah, this Sui dude isn't Garo or Boros in terms of being evil but he takes what he wants because he can, like a dudes lady.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
I think I might just be reflecting him to the last opponent, to be fair

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

Some people say I'm a star, but I'm just Suiryuu

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

This lad is great he's just having the craic too. I should knock the head off Garou too.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.
Anyone know any great places for one punch man merch in Tokyo? Here for a couple of days and was planning on swinging by Akibabara

Captain Quack
Feb 18, 2013
Happy New Year!
Genos is the best oven!

https://twitter.com/NEBU_KURO/status/813961330486951938

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

Look, Genos is finally useful!

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Genos cannot even burn a dead chicken

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

I hope the next chapter cuts to the Watchdog Man fight, only it's just the smoldering wreckage of Garou while the audience knows little about the wearabouts of the dog.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I would very much like to see Garou again.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Parrotine posted:

I hope the next chapter cuts to the Watchdog Man fight, only it's just the smoldering wreckage of Garou while the audience knows little about the wearabouts of the dog.

Garou punches Watchdog Man in the snout

It doesn't hurt him in the least, but it dislodges the human face mask that actual dog Watchdog Man kept in his mouth all the time

Embarrassed, Watchdog Man flees the scene

Fin.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Torquemadras posted:

Garou punches Watchdog Man in the snout

It doesn't hurt him in the least, but it dislodges the human face mask that actual dog Watchdog Man kept in his mouth all the time

Embarrassed, Watchdog Man flees the scene

Fin.

Next scene: Garou falls down the pile of monsters into a trash heap and throws out his shoulder. People see the extent of his injuries and assume Watchdog Man did it.

Watchdog Man's reputation maintained.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Zark the Damned posted:

I like that the tournament end boss has a similar attitude to Saitama with with regard to 'I get bored fighting the small fry, I just want a challenge'. Same with Boros I guess.

Not sure if I'd describe the guy as being 'reasonable and nice' however, he seems much more willing to abuse his power and beat people up and take their stuff, though maybe I'm reading too much into page 18.

He literally says earlier that he's not a hero because he doesn't care about "the weak" surviving. gently caress him.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Licenseless Rider has the heart of a hero, but is not strong. Suiryuu has lots of strength, but no heart.

Licenseless Rider is a Hero, and Suiryuu is not. :colbert:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I can't be arsed to go dig up the ONE thread for OPM, but he's got two pages of a new chapter up finally.

lowercase16
Apr 19, 2008

Cyclops actually has two eyes.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I can't be arsed to go dig up the ONE thread for OPM, but he's got two pages of a new chapter up finally.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3559267

If you got a link, please post it. I don't know where to find new stuff outside of these threads.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Literally in the op dude

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Bernardo Orel posted:

Look, Genos is finally useful!

I still only see one arm.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

AnonSpore posted:

Literally in the op dude

I said I can't be arsed, it means zero effort was made!!!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

thank you, its really funny

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Murata's version has updated.
http://viewer.tonarinoyj.jp/series/FlR8CfEDXW0/FlR8CfEJk4w?manga=onepanman

No translation at this point, but a meaty update

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
That was a Very Good Chapter

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

Murata's version has updated.
http://viewer.tonarinoyj.jp/series/FlR8CfEDXW0/FlR8CfEJk4w?manga=onepanman

No translation at this point, but a meaty update

Or is there?

God drat I love you Mumen Rider. Best hero forever.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Huzzah! posted:

Or is there?

God drat I love you Mumen Rider. Best hero forever.

I love that the spectating martial artists also notice that Suiryu isn't using his arms properly, thus proving that Murata is actually perfect, and only makes mistakes when it's in-character. :colbert:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

That was an ace chapter and I am super interested to see what Suiryu's reaction will be after being exposed to Saitama's power. Also Saitama might be the strongest in the world but Mumen Rider is undoubtedly the greatest.

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

"Don't talk poo poo about heroes with Saitama around" is a thing they should teach in elementary school.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's mind-blowing how they keep making these fights so exciting. We all know how they're gonna end from start.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
No one got hurt at all in that exchange yet it was awesome and great

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
The kanji (死) in the background when Saitama throws the punch means death.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Mumen Rider is what Saitama hopes to one day become as a hero.

Albeit it's kind of the same problem as Bill Gates being an philanthropist. No matter how much money he donates, the effort isn't equal to the people in the trenches.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Elentor posted:

It's mind-blowing how they keep making these fights so exciting. We all know how they're gonna end from start.

standard fights in story-based media: the hero has to defeat the bad guy, they spend a lot of time explaining how it will be hard, but in the end the hero triumphs anyway so it's never a surprise

one punch man: saitama will always win, but they spend a lot of time explaining how he's might not. one day they might actually be telling the truth, and that will be interesting

Mordaedil posted:

Mumen Rider is what Saitama hopes to one day become as a hero.

Albeit it's kind of the same problem as Bill Gates being an philanthropist. No matter how much money he donates, the effort isn't equal to the people in the trenches.

EmmyOk posted:

That was an ace chapter and I am super interested to see what Suiryu's reaction will be after being exposed to Saitama's power. Also Saitama might be the strongest in the world but Mumen Rider is undoubtedly the greatest.

mumen rider is a true hero

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Elentor posted:

Keeping the wig on makes for surprisingly high stakes and causes the reader to start wondering what's going to make Saitama let it fall off his head.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Shugojin posted:

Keeping the wig on makes for surprisingly high stakes and causes the reader to start wondering what's going to make Saitama let it fall off his head.

It is pretty great that the typical "oh poo poo, the bad guy just said the wrong thing and now the hero is pissed" moment is symbolized by Saitama no longer caring about the really bad wig he'd been wearing.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I forget a lot why this manga is good, great chapter.

Mumen Rider should try wearing a tanktop

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Moltrey posted:

I forget a lot why this manga is good, great chapter.

Speaking of that, I tend to forget that Saitama is a hero for fun/hobby, rather than him being roped into it by mistake or some hijinks. Him pissing Saitama off by insulting that wasn't something I expected due to that.

Murata's ability to convey movement in his art is so next level though.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Speaking of that, I tend to forget that Saitama is a hero for fun/hobby, rather than him being roped into it by mistake or some hijinks. Him pissing Saitama off by insulting that wasn't something I expected due to that.

Murata's ability to convey movement in his art is so next level though.

It's incredible is what it is. This latest chapter was fantastic. Saitama just, it never gets old. It just doesn't.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Bernardo Orel posted:

"Don't talk poo poo about heroes with Saitama around" is a thing they should teach in elementary school.

How was Suiryu supposed to know that that handsomely haired man was, in fact, Saitama?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
but now the whole (martial arts) worlds eyes are on Saitama :stare:

Surely this time they'll have to acknowledge that he's stronk

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

"You're not even wearing a tanktop, so don't overdo it."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

Zzulu posted:

but now the whole (martial arts) worlds eyes are on Saitama :stare:

Surely this time they'll have to acknowledge that he's stronk

There is no doubt that the tournament will generate considerable interest in the new master Charanko's flowery watcher sock-splashing fist school of martial arts, as strong as he is people will still respect him despite him feeling the need to wear that silly wig.