Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

Alteisen posted:

Surely I can win one game as humans or zeds.

And yes there's a group, KF Goons if you wanna join, I'm in Lin Kurosawa if you wanna add me.

I meant the Patriarch one. Must be infuriating for someone aiming for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Severed
Jul 9, 2001

idspispopd
Has anyone developed a de_rats style map yet? I think I played one that was kinda in that vein called KF-ChineseCheckers, but it was super weird.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Severed posted:

Has anyone developed a de_rats style map yet? I think I played one that was kinda in that vein called KF-ChineseCheckers, but it was super weird.

Yes, Rats Manor. It takes props from the Manor map and makes you really tiny.

It's a little funky, though. There's pillows stacked up to a bed in order to make a staircase, but the pillows can still be knocked around like physics objects so it's pretty common for them to just disappear altogether.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
There's a dance club type map that has you as tiny and the dudes from KF1 dancing everywhere.

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

Alteisen posted:

There's a dance club type map that has you as tiny and the dudes from KF1 dancing everywhere.

https://gfycat.com/ImmaculateAnguishedBetafish

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YX03Hl7LWRo

I had no idea the trader lines had all this poo poo, even the double bladed gore.

They talk about the Matriarch, her mech phase, she can capture a teammate and you have to free them with bladed weapons, various objective modes, all kinds of poo poo.

Edit: Does anyone have a fix for the long rear end time that this game takes to load?

Every single PC game I have loads just fine and quickly, KF2 takes a solid 2 or 3 minutes before it finally starts up.

Alteisen fucked around with this message at 11:20 on Dec 28, 2016

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009
Is there a perk that let's me totally poo poo on flesh pounds and scrakes? Ps4 Pubbies simply cannot handle these dudes. Medic isn't exactly the counter and demo does well against the FP, but poorly against scrakes it feels.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Moochewmoo posted:

Is there a perk that let's me totally poo poo on flesh pounds and scrakes? Ps4 Pubbies simply cannot handle these dudes. Medic isn't exactly the counter and demo does well against the FP, but poorly against scrakes it feels.

Demos are delete buttons for large zeds. To handle Scrakes, you just need to aim the rocket launcher at their heads. On hard and Suicidal with <3 people, a single headshot with a rocket kills them instantly. On anything higher, it takes just two. With the right perks, of course.

SWAT and Sharpshooter are also pretty good with flashbangs and the railgun.

Firebug is also good as a screen wipe but that's in the PC beta only.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
A SWAT can solo scrakes pretty easily. Stun grenade, then mag dump into their skulls.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

What's the recommended SWAT loadout for late waves, mp5+vector or p90+vector?

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Guillermus posted:

What's the recommended SWAT loadout for late waves, mp5+vector or p90+vector?

MP5, P90, vector. You can carry all three.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Oh nice, so carrying three smgs and shitloads of ammo it is!

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.

Alteisen posted:

Does anyone have a fix for the long rear end time that this game takes to load?

Every single PC game I have loads just fine and quickly, KF2 takes a solid 2 or 3 minutes before it finally starts up.

solid state drive

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family

Danknificent posted:

solid state drive

Yeah, this really is the answer unless Tripwire can fix something. I had KF2 installed on a SSD but then moved it over to my mass-storage HDD, and I couldn't believe how long it takes to load. I moved it back over to the SSD and it's like loving night and day.

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009

Theta Zero posted:

Demos are delete buttons for large zeds. To handle Scrakes, you just need to aim the rocket launcher at their heads. On hard and Suicidal with <3 people, a single headshot with a rocket kills them instantly. On anything higher, it takes just two. With the right perks, of course.

SWAT and Sharpshooter are also pretty good with flashbangs and the railgun.

Firebug is also good as a screen wipe but that's in the PC beta only.

Sounds like it's time for me to git gud

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
9 shots with the 9mm and a rocket to the head will decap a scrake instantly, 6 with the medic pistol, this is on HoE mind you. Fleshpounds in general are weak to explosives so they take like 2 or 3 rockets.

Zerkers can decap scrakes with 2 evis headshots, 4 for fleshpounds(pulv is much better for fleshpounds I feel)

SWAT can stun and mag dump into their heads.

Sharp and the railgun.

Zerker is your best bet if you wanna take down the big poo poo and be self sufficient but he really struggles on maps that don't have room to run around.

Alteisen fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Dec 28, 2016

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Skrakes take significantly reduced explosive damage but are specifically weak to the impact of the rocket projectile, so aim for their body/head and not their feet. Even if you're too close for the warhead to arm, the impact damage alone is worth it. The M79 isn't great against them though, avoid using it on them unless they're really far off and can be killed before getting close, or if he's already been aggro'd by your teammates. Then you might as well help out.

Oh, and the rocket can knock both skrakes and fleshies off their feet, which is often enough for teammates to take them down while they're trying to recover.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Is anyone still playing this I was gifted it recently and could use some buddies to play with! Steam is http://steamcommunity.com/id/tortoiseparty/

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Ranma Fan Art posted:

Is anyone still playing this I was gifted it recently and could use some buddies to play with! Steam is http://steamcommunity.com/id/tortoiseparty/

I still play it from time to time and Theta Zero seems to play it pretty regularly. I'll throw you a friend req on steam.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.
Yeah I still jump on this from time to time

http://steamcommunity.com/id/oldstoneface

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Zerker getting his teammates killed so he can solo, that's a new one.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
WWAUT now that everyone from Tripwire is back from their holiday vacation.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/232090/announcements/detail/671433675182326401

Key notes:

All the beta goodies will be coming to live.
.500's will be available for Sharpshooter in single-wield form only, changed from beta.
Bone crusher will block more damage.
They're toning down the beefiness of the microwave gun.
Emotes will actually exist now and will have "deluxe" versions with particle effects.
Seasonal events basically confirmed.
Both bosses got a health nerf when playing in a group but a damage/health buff in solo.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Theta Zero posted:

WWAUT now that everyone from Tripwire is back from their holiday vacation.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/232090/announcements/detail/671433675182326401

Key notes:

All the beta goodies will be coming to live.
.500's will be available for Sharpshooter in single-wield form only, changed from beta.
Bone crusher will block more damage.
They're toning down the beefiness of the microwave gun.
Emotes will actually exist now and will have "deluxe" versions with particle effects.
Seasonal events basically confirmed.
Both bosses got a health nerf when playing in a group but a damage/health buff in solo.

Most of this makes zero loving sense. loving Tripwire.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Skoll posted:

Most of this makes zero loving sense. loving Tripwire.

???

It all sounds great to me. Let whales pay for emotes, as long as this game has alternative revenue streams that keep the free weapons and maps and poo poo rolling then I'll be happy.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Yeah, I mean as far as changelogs go, this is really solid. They didn't gently caress with C&B groundfire (good, because that was never OP) and depending on how much they reduced micro, it could be just right. The majority of the beta changes moving over unmodified is great. Having more guns qualify as on perk has done great things for build variety, and while I'll miss running akimbo 500s on three different classes, I can live with just two. We can finally melt down crates into crafting materials so this might finally do some good for the KF2 marketplace and clean out inventories at the same time. Emotes mean very little, but hey whatever.

I wish there was a bullet point on fixing the random siren instakill, but the rest of it is quite good, especially considering some past beta to main branch changes they've made.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
The MG doesnt need a nerf after getting buffed and taking away the dual .500 from SS is stupid.

Also, decreased boss health for online play? As if they didn't already make it easy enough.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
I dunno, the 500 change feels reasonable because the damage/ROF for akimbo feels a little high. I think we all here have noticed Gunslinger feeling a little invalidated by Sharp in the current build.

MWG groundfire, while fun, is broken. Six firebugs, tap shooting the floor NEXT to a boss, shouldn't be able the most effective way to kill a boss by a huuuuuuge margin.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
MG is so broken that we just call it the "win button" now and always completely swap to Firebug for the boss. Also the bosses are only easy because of the MG, and without it they're actually pretty alright but really bullet-spongey which the health nerf helps alleviates.

As for the .500's, I honestly don't think it matters too much since the reloads are stupid-long and you can't get rack-em-up as Sharpshooter with fast reloads since they're on the same tier, versus Gunslinger which has them on separate tiers. You can't carry dual .500's with anything substantial as Sharpshooter anyways.

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

Skoll posted:

The MG doesnt need a nerf after getting buffed

https://gfycat.com/PhysicalOptimisticBeetle
https://gfycat.com/GiftedAcrobaticAlligatorsnappingturtle
https://gfycat.com/FarQuarrelsomeHeron

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
To the goon I was with in that PS4 lobby, I didn't leave the dumb gently caress retarded stupid idiotic rear end in a top hat pubbies vote kicked me after failing kick to the medic.

I really should just start sandbagging instead of going maximum carry to worthless teammates. Goons are the exception, don't care if you're bad or good long as you are having fun.

Those changes seem ok, hopefully the PS4 gets that patch soon, I want more cosmetics though, like hair and poo poo, let me slap an afro on foster or chate Ana's mohawk.

Alteisen fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Jan 10, 2017

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Also this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ae-1xueTzCs

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?
How's this on PS4? Hard to find games/performs poorly/people are mostly whiny? Or is it all fun and cool?

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

lmbo how did this not get patched like the week after it happened

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Avenging_Mikon posted:

How's this on PS4? Hard to find games/performs poorly/people are mostly whiny? Or is it all fun and cool?

Its great on PS4, lobbies fill up fast and 0 issues finding games, as for pubbies, they're either real good or absolutely horrible, no middle ground.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

dont even fink about it posted:

lmbo how did this not get patched like the week after it happened

they were all on holiday break that week, I guess!

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Alteisen posted:

Its great on PS4, lobbies fill up fast and 0 issues finding games, as for pubbies, they're either real good or absolutely horrible, no middle ground.

Sweet. I'm going to grab this sometime this week. Prepare for a terrible newbie to enter the fray.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Sweet. I'm going to grab this sometime this week. Prepare for a terrible newbie to enter the fray.

Add me Lin Kurosawa and KF2 goons if you're looking for people, if you see me on just send me a message or an invite, I can go medic and babysit you while you get your bearings.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I still maintain there is no need for MG buff. :colbert:

Also, bring back the .50 cal!

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Skoll posted:

I still maintain there is no need for MG buff. :colbert:

Also, bring back the .50 cal!

I wonder what the weight and price for ammo would be this time around :v: What do you think a rough ballpark in thousands of dosh more or less to reload it would be compared to KF1?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Alteisen posted:

Add me Lin Kurosawa and KF2 goons if you're looking for people, if you see me on just send me a message or an invite, I can go medic and babysit you while you get your bearings.

Sorry, I'm terminally incapable of searching names without asking a million questions. Are you Lin Kurosawa on psn, or is that a second goon? I did a search for kf2 groups, but didn't see an obvious goon one.

My psn is Mikon_sa,might be easier for you to add me. I swear I'm better at playing than I am with searches!