Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Fluffdaddy posted:

He does have a spirit bomb technique. He fired it at Namek and Planet Vegeta.

You mean the thing that loving start of Android Saga Trunks no sold a larger version of on earth?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Dexo posted:

You mean the thing that loving start of Android Saga Trunks no sold a larger version of on earth?

trunks was stronger than freeza; buu isn't. that's all that matters

Caros
May 14, 2008

Parrotine posted:

That's one of the big benefits of having God Ki; energy blasts don't do a drat thing except create a colorful dust storm. It happened when Vegeta shot that gently caress-off blast to Beerus, it happened when Frieza fired off a volley strong enough to nuke a planet at Goku; both completely unphased by it.

It just doesn't work period. If you're juicing on God Ki and you fire a blast, that's another story...

This is also why I'd say Golden Frieza couldn't kill Buu when you think about it; it took an entire planets worth of life forms to pony up the energy needed to decimate Buu, something not possible to manufacture from a single fighter.

Unless Frieza's got a Spirit Bomb technique, he's gonna have to rely on blunt contact force to get the job done

Golden Frieza is able to go toe to toe with SSB Goku. We know this version of Goku is at or above Vegetto since that was the strongest Z era fighter and it was plainly stated that Vegetto wouldn't be enough to fight Beerus while SSB is.

Vegetto clowned the strongest version of Buu and could have killed him at pretty much any time. There is no reason to think that golden Frieza would be unable to kill Buu excepting absorbion on Buu's part.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
frieza's power level is whatever it needs to be for narrative convenience

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

canon answer: dragon ball fights, while the greatest, are also extremely dumb. enjoy them

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Bring back Cell and have Buu absorb him so we can get Cell as a Z team member

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

I need part 2 of that TFS Broly special, oh god I hope they don't blueball us for a while

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012

Parrotine posted:

I need part 2 of that TFS Broly special, oh god I hope they don't blueball us for a while

Consider me an optimist, but I firmly believe it'll be out by New Year's Day. Of 2018.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Parrotine posted:

So what you're saying is

WENBROLY2

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe
I hope when they release Broly part 2, it's a fully abridged version of Second Coming, just to gently caress with us.

the culminator
Oct 29, 2012
They abridge the parts of second coming and bio broly that dont have any broly in them (so the first 20 mins of both), move on to Bojack Horseman movie

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

I hope when they release Broly part 2, it's a fully abridged version of Second Coming, just to gently caress with us.

Thats the best Dbz Movie though, since it has Krillin saving Gohan dressed up as Piccolo

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

my new art project broly without broly

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Can Gohan gain back his power from the Buu saga again? Sure it was painfully boring, but standing in a circle for a couple of days beats training for ten years.

I think he passed on his power to Pan right? Does that mean he's done or can he bounce back?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

he just got weaker because he went full nerd and stopped training. I seem to recall the manga saying that when he fought dabura, gohan was weaker than when he beat cell

he only ever trained when people threw him at mountains really

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Future Trunks, Trunks and Gohan are pretty good examples of the pros and cons of half saiyan/earthling offspring.

Huge potential for growth, especially in how fast they can pick stuff up, but it's much harder for them to stay motivated to improve. Future Trunks is what a half saiyan could be if they stayed dedicated, Gohan and kid Trunks are what happen when the challenges disappear.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
kid trunks is like seven years old

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Manatee Cannon posted:

he just got weaker because he went full nerd and stopped training. I seem to recall the manga saying that when he fought dabura, gohan was weaker than when he beat cell

There are no mountains in the hyperinflated sublimechamber

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Cease to Hope posted:

Back in Gohan's day, being seven years old meant you'd killed at least one or two aliens. Friggin millenials

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
the only character with no potential for growth is krillin

:v:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

That is because Krillin has already hit the peak. He's the strongest member of his race, married, has a steady job and can call on his best friend the Strongest Guy Around to kill poo poo if it gets too serious.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
But Tien is stronger than Krillin.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Goku and Krillin are not best friends.

Flippinlikebirds
Feb 2, 2007
I'm an ideas man Michael. I think I proved that with Fuck Mountain.

Cease to Hope posted:

And a super saiyan! That kids doing alright

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

sassassin posted:

Vegeta dying: "Eh, kinda sad, gonna dump his body in a hole"
Krillin dying: Fulfill an ancient prophecy entirely through his rage.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

sassassin posted:

they totally are dude

I mean come on ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT KRILLIN was a meme for so long for a reason

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Jan 3, 2017

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Cease to Hope posted:

Considering when Resurrection "F" happens, Trunks is most likely twice that.

This also makes him as old as the other Trunks when Gohan died, yet he looks much younger. Not living in the apocalypse does wonders for your health.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Resurrection F is like half a year after the Buu saga.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Pollyanna posted:

Resurrection F is like half a year after the Buu saga.

nah you're thinking of Super. The movies are actually a couple years after Buu.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Blockhouse posted:

they totally are dude

I mean come on ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT KRILLIN was a meme for so long for a reason

He goes crazy when he dies but they rarely hang out or know much about each other's lives. That's not friendship.

They're colleagues/childhood acquaintances, and Goku is brain-damaged. If Goku had a puppy and Frieza/Piccolo's minion killed it, you'd get a similar response. They took something weak that Goku thinks belongs to him.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

ImpAtom posted:

Vegeta dying: "Eh, kinda sad, gonna dump his body in a hole"

Better than he deserved at that point.

And at any point since.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Shinjobi posted:

Future Trunks, Trunks and Gohan are pretty good examples of the pros and cons of half saiyan/earthling offspring.

Huge potential for growth, especially in how fast they can pick stuff up, but it's much harder for them to stay motivated to improve. Future Trunks is what a half saiyan could be if they stayed dedicated, Gohan and kid Trunks are what happen when the challenges disappear.

And when Bra the Legendary Super Saiyan is born, we shall see the pinnacle of evolution.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

That is because Krillin has already hit the peak. He's the strongest member of his race, married, has a steady job and can call on his best friend the Strongest Guy Around to kill poo poo if it gets too serious.

krillin is short

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Cease to Hope posted:

krillin is short

And has no nose.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Krillin is the perfect man

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

sassassin posted:

He goes crazy when he dies but they rarely hang out or know much about each other's lives. That's not friendship.

They're colleagues/childhood acquaintances, and Goku is brain-damaged. If Goku had a puppy and Frieza/Piccolo's minion killed it, you'd get a similar response. They took something weak that Goku thinks belongs to him.

Did you not watch Dragon Ball at all?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

sassassin posted:

pretty sure they're BFFs sorry

Manatee Cannon posted:

gohan's deal is that he doesn't really care about fighting, he doesn't feel the ~thrill of the challenge~ or whatever

it's also why when he's genuinely pissed he's extremely blunt and straightforward. just "I'm going to kill you"

it makes him interesting but it also means he gets nerfed every arc

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Jan 3, 2017

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

aw drat, he never got to show 17 his strength. I bet he doesn't even know Gohan is the one who killed Cell :(

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Parrotine posted:

aw drat, he never got to show 17 his strength. I bet he doesn't even know Gohan is the one who killed Cell :(

"I got a pep talk from 16 before Cell smashed his head -"

"Wait a minute, 16's dead?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
As far as 17 knows the Champ defeated Cell

• Locked thread