Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

MECHANICS SPECIAL

My recent favorite was "blue smoke out the tailpipe, could be a head gasket or spark plugs."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?
My favorite is "I know what I have" or "just checking what's out there". Because your rusty 1997 dodge pickup really is(not) worth $15000 just because it has a cummins engine.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

This one makes me sad:

Don't forget to look at the other pics before the accident: http://albuquerque.craigslist.org/cto/5920818067.html

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Kill it with fire.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...

I thought Uwe Gemballa was dead....

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

Why is that picture squished horizonta

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

Kill it with fire.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

DJ Commie posted:

Even from the grave he torments and mocks us

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

http://annapolis.craigslist.org/cto/5909766541.html

seems fair?

letem keep the wheels and knock some $ off the asking price even

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747

puberty worked me over fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Jan 4, 2020

Bibendum
Sep 5, 2003
nunc est Bibendum
edit: ^very much this.^

That sounds like a pretty comprehensive list of parts with the only mention of suspension being an adjustable panhard rod and questionable coilovers on a chassis with 230k. I'd budget for a full rebuild on all the suspension, brakes and bushings before jumping in. Won't comment on the price because the market definitely doesn't agree with my valuation on these.

Bibendum fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Jan 3, 2017

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

ThirstyBuck posted:

You can find these for 2k with a working motor and suspension.

Please direct me to this land where you can find straight manual allroads with working motors and suspension for $2k. I will buy all that are available.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

puberty worked me over posted:

There is no point in buying an AE86 when the MR2 exists and is cheaper at this point.

Someone make a graph of the point where AE86s are more expensive than GT86s

Can't deliver tofu in an MR2.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

DJ Commie posted:

Oddly enough, the guy who founded Hamann is dead too.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Crustashio posted:

Oddly enough, the guy who founded Hamann is dead too.

A car from Future Movie made real

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Rhyno posted:

Can't deliver tofu in an MR2.

You can.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Like three boxes maybe.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/ctd/5941165570.html

Are these desirable at all or is it time to move on?

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?
There was a time when an LS integra was not not desirable, but these days a spotless example with 41k miles is a unicorn. It's probably worth the asking price provided it's not a rollback.

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

Seminal Flu posted:

Please direct me to this land where you can find straight manual allroads with working motors and suspension for $2k. I will buy all that are available.

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/mld/cto/5935304632.html

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/cto/5927701812.html

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/doc/cto/5903785193.html

http://baltimore.craigslist.org/cto/5917072446.html

Sorry they are all automatics

ThirstyBuck fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Jan 3, 2017

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh
It's been repainted though. And I assume the headlights are swapped, I doubt a base integra came with projectors.

You could buy a nice GSR for a similar price. It'll have far more miles, but actually be fun to drive. The B18B1s are low on power and the LS has economy gearing.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

A MIRACLE posted:

Not for that price. The LS is decent, but not amazing. I'd go for a GS or a GS-R.

Human Grand Prix fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Jan 3, 2017

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

You can get a nice 240sx for that price :snoop:

Bibendum posted:

Won't comment on the price because the market definitely doesn't agree with my valuation on these.

I feel ya on that. Just have been regularly lurking old Toyota listings for the past year and this is the first one I've seen without immediately visible rust under 10k. I'd imagine it would make more sense to own one in Japan.

What I'm really looking for is an old Cressida or SC300.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

A MIRACLE posted:

I would be leery of driving it around because as soon as I parked it would get stolen instantly.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Applebees Appetizer posted:

I would be leery of driving it around because as soon as I parked it would get stolen instantly.

figured the type r was the steal-me mobile

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

would bet any genuine type r is debadged or only seen at a track/show

idk about LA but the other variants are a dime a dozen in baltimore and some sit in the same parking spots for months within blocks of the bad areas

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

ThirstyBuck posted:

Sorry they are all automatics

Which is why I pointed out the one near me as desirable. Extremely few manuals, and they command a premium.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Thief posted:

would bet any genuine type r is debadged or only seen at a track/show

idk about LA but the other variants are a dime a dozen in baltimore and some sit in the same parking spots for months within blocks of the bad areas

In Toronto at least, nobody cares about the RS/LS/GS/Special Edition (basically the Non-VTEC) versions, so they are relatively inexpensive. I drive a 2nd gen GS for a beater; I don't think it's in danger of being stolen.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Seminal Flu posted:

Which is why I pointed out the one near me as desirable. Extremely few manuals, and they command a premium.

What do ya'll think about the RSX? I've been motorcycle only since I moved to LA but I'm kinda feeling the hurt of not having a car. I like that it has a liftback with foldy seats and Honda stuff under the hood. I could also just say gently caress it and buy another NA miata. A stupid part of me wants to buy a four speed Brat. But yeah mostly the liftback japanese sporty econoboxes are what I'm looking into.

A MIRACLE fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Jan 4, 2017

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

A MIRACLE posted:

What do ya'll think about the RSX? I've been motorcycle only since I moved to LA but I'm kinda feeling the hurt of not having a car. I like that it has a liftback with foldy seats and Honda stuff under the hood. I could also just say gently caress it and buy another NA miata. A stupid part of me wants to buy a four speed Brat. But yeah mostly the liftback japanese sporty econoboxes are what I'm looking into.

i unabashedly love the RSX if you add a -s to the end, and the proper engine in it, and you murder black it without completely making the exhaust something stupid, while doing turbo stuff and making it all hoonworthy, without being that guy.

e: i have also been that guy

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

A MIRACLE posted:

The Miata is the better car but both the Integra or RSX are great choices. I'm going to throw down and call the DA and DC Integras two of the best FWD cars of the last 35 years.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
The Acuras have back seats and meaningful amounts of enclosed cargo space; but if you ever need to haul lumber, a Miata is a better choice.

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
:siren: DUAL NOS TRIGGERS :siren:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Uhh, are you the guy we still put 56K warnings for, martin?

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Breakfast Feud posted:

:siren: DUAL NOS TRIGGERS :siren:

Just went into technician shock from exposure to Windows XP

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

please do yourself a favor and stop browsing ebay/craigslist and instead purchase a computer made this decade, hth

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I'm far far more interested in what path led you down DIY dog food

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

1500quidporsche posted:

I'm far far more interested in what path led you down DIY dog food