Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Do we know why Pasq remembers people who double-died? Not sure if I missed it, or if it has yet to be explained.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

No explanation and didn't Peeplops choose to wipe himself from existence? I didn't think that counted as "dying" but maybe it was just a kill corridor or something.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

No explanation and didn't Peeplops choose to wipe himself from existence? I didn't think that counted as "dying" but maybe it was just a kill corridor or something.
Went back to check exactly that, and it was a kill corridor but it's not clear at the time if the wiped from existence thing was tied to it, or just a general dying bonus. A bit later in the scene with Big Me there was a Tubsy-like situation where someone died, and after the dust had settled someone was crying and didn't know why. In that one Pasq ran away before he had a chance to realize the guy had forgotten Big Me.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Huh, that last fan comic on the previous page is now a 404.

Edit: I forgot how good the Big Me strip was. Guy looks like an extra from Spirited Away and that last line... :smith:

Edit 2: I was very confused by the recent replies because I didn't realize a new strip had been posted. Was there a post linking to it? First new reply since December 26 that I see is RandomPaul reacting to the strip. Did... did the post with the link to the strip double die? :tinfoil:

Ballz fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Jan 3, 2017

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Maybe Aurora has something to do with it?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Oh wow this is hosed up

But also some really cool foreshadowing with Big Me and the start of this comic, good stuff

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

WHY IS THIS COMIC SO GOOD

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Can anyone find the page where Trissh kills her classmates? I'm curious how the reaction to that looks in light of this.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Didn't Aurora die in a very similar green poof manner? Maybe that's how people on the afterlife planes die. Like that saying how you're never truly dead until you're forgotten, but taken super literally. I have to read back and check, did anyone but Pasq mention Aurora after she died?

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

Didn't Aurora die in a very similar green poof manner? Maybe that's how people on the afterlife planes die. Like that saying how you're never truly dead until you're forgotten, but taken super literally. I have to read back and check, did anyone but Pasq mention Aurora after she died?

Yeah, people talked about her once they were in line for hell.

http://gobolatula.com/ithurts/?comic=425-come-on-in

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Found it: http://gobolatula.com/ithurts/?comic=450-class-for-gifted-monsters

More subtle than with Big Me but the teacher is supposed to be genuinely unsure about the presence of other students, not just doing a wacky Hell gag.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Regy Rusty posted:

Can anyone find the page where Trissh kills her classmates? I'm curious how the reaction to that looks in light of this.

Right here. Knowing what we now know, the results are entirely expected.

This is some really amazing groundwork that Gob has laid down. Goddamn.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Allie and Katie going back to the standard design scheme when they forgot who Tubsy was is probably my favorite detail ever

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Simsmagic posted:

Allie and Katie going back to the standard design scheme when they forgot who Tubsy was is probably my favorite detail ever

Oh man. I processed the significance of Pasqualo still being blue but somehow the specifics of the art style change for the other two didn't sink in.

I can't believe this comic keeps managing to pull these incredible gut punches.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
Well that was worth the wait.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Hell just got a little scary.

Also, Holy poo poo that was awesome. Demon Aurora (since that's obviously who that is come on let's be real here) has my favorite design in the whole comic.

Alopex
May 31, 2012

This is the sleeve I have chosen.
http://gobolatula.com/ithurts/?comic=335-moving-in-the-dark

Welp I guess that's what she's been up to

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Well, gently caress. poo poo's getting real again.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Ok, but do elephants forget in hell?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Man gently caress the plot, check out the smirk and shades on that blue-rear end hell sun.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Elysiume posted:

Do we know why Pasq remembers people who double-died? Not sure if I missed it, or if it has yet to be explained.

My guess is that this is Pasqualo's personal hell and none of the other characters are "real". Everyone goes to a separate hell with fake versions of people they remember or imagine.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Gob's comments on his page, in case you missed it:

quote:

Hi folks!

So, as you may have noticed, comic 460 is another long one.

This comic took lots and lots of work and I was very happy to have Grail help me with the art. I apologize for not being forthcoming about the length of this comic during the update break. I felt that if I said, “Hey guys the next one is 10 pages long!” it might’ve given away the fact that this is a big event in the series. I wanted it to be a surprise. Plus, things got a bit crazy at work and there was some other IRL stuff going on. I drew every chance I got still and I plan to keep chugging hard.

Also, I feel like I can let you guys know that this is a MAJOR turning point in the series. The next bunch of comics will be longer as well. Unfortunately, that means that the updates will be sporadic. Hopefully the next comic doesn’t take as long. I’ll keep tweeting about my progress, so please follow me on Twitter!

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
It's still impressive how this comic hasn't choked to death on its own ambition yet, every few months it comes out with a giant "FORGET EVERYTHING YOU EVER THOUGHT YOU KNEW ABOUT IT HURTS" story update and every time it feels interesting and earned.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Cat Mattress posted:

My guess is that this is Pasqualo's personal hell and none of the other characters are "real". Everyone goes to a separate hell with fake versions of people they remember or imagine.

If so, then demon Aurora is likely part of that hell. Worst way to break him is to make her his enemy

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Oxxidation posted:

It's still impressive how this comic hasn't choked to death on its own ambition yet, every few months it comes out with a giant "FORGET EVERYTHING YOU EVER THOUGHT YOU KNEW ABOUT IT HURTS" story update and every time it feels interesting and earned.

Yeah we spent a few months getting comfortable from the last big twist, to the point where we were acclimated to the story taking place in Hell of all things and then this happens

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I guess they could just waltz up to heaven now

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Regy Rusty posted:

Yeah we spent a few months getting comfortable from the last big twist, to the point where we were acclimated to the story taking place in Hell of all things and then this happens

It certainly shakes things up a bit. Anyone else with shameless scifi tastes reminded of this thing:

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Oxxidation posted:

I get the impression that the majority of this comic was plotted out prior to Gob even starting it. I can't see how else anyone would be able to construct something so coherent yet wild on the fly.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
drat this is such a good comic

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Hogge Wild posted:

That full range of emotions on Allison's face alone were gold.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I guess they could just waltz up to heaven now

You'd think that but Pasq tried to chase whatever-that-thing-is into the portal only to have it close behind her.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

TwoPair posted:

You'd think that but Pasq tried to chase whatever-that-thing-is into the portal only to have it close behind her.

That's not a portal.

It's a stage curtain.

Wheels within wheels, motherfucker.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Once more, RIP Tubsy.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Who?

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

egon_beeblebrox posted:

Once more, RIP Tubsy.

Who?

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

nice.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I literally said these words as I was reading the comic.

Here are the words that I said:

"Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh poo poo!"

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Man that Peeplops thing tripped me up until the end, where once again I was stabbed in the gut and floored.

LOL like I always say, if you're telling down just remember we all die alone and one day no one will remember you.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014

Hogge Wild posted:

Right? I remember looking at the first few pages that were done in crayons and wondering what the hell was up with this comic, I never would have dreamed that it would have become one of the best webcomics ever made, to say nothing of having some of the best art in comics.

e: remember when Gob was asked about how death works in hell and his answer was "eh maybe it will come up, I'll probably just tweet about after the series is over :v:" Oh Gob, you card.

ManlyGrunting fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Jan 4, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
It Hurts: Hot Dog Time!

I like the stuff that gob snuck into those green particles.

• Locked thread