Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MeruFM
Jul 27, 2010

irlZaphod posted:

I'm less concerned about Trump and more about the EU imploding.

one is a chaotic unknown while the other is merely a slow motion train wreck with unknown ETA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Bean posted:

Laura Kate Dale also says Mother 3 is coming, if that's worth anything to you:

https://twitter.com/LaurakBuzz/status/815967520851116034

As an aside it's loving hard to get through her twitter feed to see a tweet because its like a 1:99 ratio of rumors:bitching.

nice pinned tweet

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/LaurakBuzz/status/816288509707354116

https://twitter.com/LaurakBuzz/status/816288704083935232

It's lit

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Every Laura K leak that doesn't mention Captain Toad 2 makes me a little bit sadder

Also there's been barely any mention of Smash in her tweets. I really hope we get some info during the event. Bayonetta, Corrin and... whosits... amiibos haven't even been released yet right? People are assuming they're being held until the Switch now?

edit: CLOUD. eeesh that's embarrassing

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

drat, I knew Ubisoft hated that series, but there are simpler ways of tanking it's sales than this.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Please don't toy with my emotions.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

hope nintendo isnt banking on bge2 selling more than 10-15 systems for them

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Fulchrum posted:

drat, I knew Ubisoft hated that series, but there are simpler ways of tanking it's sales than this.

You can turn a AA title into a AAA one with a bit of timed exclusivity to the right platform. I think it should do rather good on Switch especially with Nintendo marketing it.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Super No Vacancy posted:

Yes the console that is likely launching with a MK game, a Mario game and a Zelda game is going to be banking on BGE2

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

those are all gonna be remasters though. and people give the ps4 a hard time for all their remasters!

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Super No Vacancy posted:

those are all gonna be remasters though. and people give the ps4 a hard time for all their remasters!

Mario and Zelda aren't going to be remasters?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
It really needs to be the 12th I am hype as gently caress

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

buddy i just post here

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

greatn posted:

My opinion on Ghostbusters 3 is it should never be made unless it is written, directed, and produced by Dan Ackroyd with no studio interference while he constantly drinks Crystal Head vodka.

they already made ghostbusters 3 and its pretty good you should watch it

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Stux posted:

broken clock is right twice a day ITT

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Stux posted:

I really wanted it to be good to piss off every lovely internet person who whined about it for like two years

It sucked

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

a lot of paul feig movies are funny

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

greatn posted:

You can turn a AA title into a AAA one with a bit of timed exclusivity to the right platform. I think it should do rather good on Switch especially with Nintendo marketing it.

The protagonist is a woman who isn't being submissive, and it's not a real exclusive. What makes you think Nintendo will help market it.

Super No Vacancy posted:

If that. Remember Resident Evil 4 and how that did nothing to Gamecube sales after the Ps2 port was announced? Here, there is no time to think it's not getting s port.

Stux posted:

The women have way better chemistry than the old actors.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Super No Vacancy posted:

I have never laughed at anything in a Paul Feig movie. I've never seen any of them, but still.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Soul Glo posted:

I really wanted it to be good to piss off every lovely internet person who whined about it for like two years

It sucked

nah it was a good movie

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Nintendeak Switch: Beyond Good & Deak 2 Confirmed as Launch Title

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Super No Vacancy posted:

I did like Spy. It seemed like it actually had a script.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the original ghostbuster cameos were by far the worst parts of ghostbusters 3. bill murray has never been so unfunny

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Does that Ghostbusters game that came out a few years ago with the original actors function at all as a movie if you watch one of those hour-long YouTube edits of it? Never played it.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Electromax posted:

Does that Ghostbusters game that came out a few years ago with the original actors function at all as a movie if you watch one of those hour-long YouTube edits of it? Never played it.

Apparently it did, James Rolfe (AVGN) had a video on how he wasn't going to see the new film because of reasons and whatnot but he legitimately enjoyed the game and thought it was a good continuation of the characters from the first two films. I don't know if all Ghostbusters fans share the same opinion, but he seems to be pretty passionate about the series so take it how you will.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Super No Vacancy posted:

the original ghostbuster cameos were by far the worst parts of ghostbusters 3. bill murray has never been so unfunny

He looked like he didn't give a gently caress ha ha

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Hey, Johnny, what's a "shitpost"?
His reasons for refusing to see the movie were not particularly coherent or well-presented. The video mostly seemed like a platform for him to rant about remakes and reboots in a general sense.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
So did I miss anything in like the last month and a half or has Nintendo just said nothing about the Switch since that Teaser Video for Urban Hipsters?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

unimportantguy posted:

His reasons for refusing to see the movie were not particularly coherent or well-presented. The video mostly seemed like a platform for him to rant about remakes and reboots in a general sense.

In an age with amazing sequel/reboots that gave us Jurrasic World, Fury Road, good batmans and ok xmans and a bunch more. What a dumbfuck cross to die on.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Ghostbusters is an IP that produced exactly one good piece of media ever and being passionate about it is dumb as gently caress.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Bombadilillo posted:

In an age with amazing sequel/reboots that gave us Jurrasic World, Fury Road, good batmans and ok xmans and a bunch more. What a dumbfuck cross to die on.

Plenty of people didn't like Jurassic World. Of course those people are huge idiots but still

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Macaluso posted:

Plenty of people didn't like Jurassic World. Of course those people are huge idiots but still

Plenty of people didn't like The Force Awakens too and that's on that amazing list too. To each their own, but theres a very retarded mindset that says, "This isn't like the one I remember" and "This is too close to what I remember" and hold these beliefs simultaneously and just cant enjoy things.

I like new IPs as much as the next guy but refusing to enjoy something or give it a chance is down right curmudgeonly. Have fun angry nerd.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

force awakens is the second best star wars after empire

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Macaluso posted:

I didn't like how that one lady got eaten. She was just doing her job and was planning a wedding. Bryce Dallas Howard's character should be in prison in the sequel.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

oddium posted:

force awakens is the second best star wars after empire

its the first good star wars movie

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

between this and mother 3 i no longer believe anything laura has to say

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Macaluso posted:

As someone who enjoys stupid action films, tons of CGI and stupid plots Jurassic World is a turd. Jurassic Park films have likeable characters and Jurassic World only has one, so you have 2 hours of dumb characters doing dumb poo poo but you don't care for any of them and everyone except Chris Pratt should have been eaten 5 minutes into the film. They should have also cut an hour out of it to make it thing watchable.

Super No Vacancy posted:

its the first good star wars movie

Oh boy.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Brother Entropy posted:

between this and mother 3 i no longer believe anything laura has to say

She has been 100% on Switch so far, including breaking...everything about it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

TheScott2K posted:

Ghostbusters is an IP that produced exactly one good piece of media ever and being passionate about it is dumb as gently caress.

Someone is forgetting The Real Ghostbusters cartoon written by J. Michael Strazynski

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Bombadilillo posted:

She has been 100% on Switch so far, including breaking...everything about it.

nintendo found the leak and now they're just trolling her

• Locked thread