Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Okay, cool, thanks. I think my next chapter when I meet Spotswoode from Team America and reunite with my Sith Warrior love interest for some heist, and I unsubscribed while they were working on that.

Question. I thought we were supposed to meet Skadge and I haven't heard anything about it. I kinda want to kill him already, he's an awful, stupid character.

Fargin Icehole fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Jan 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Fargin Icehole posted:

Question. I thought we were supposed to meet Skadge and I haven't heard anything about it. I kinda want to kill him already, he's an awful, stupid character.

About that: You do meet Skadge in the Rusk alliance alert and you do get the option to kill off either Skadge or Rusk. From what I've seen in SWTOR forums posts, I think Skadge is hitting a near 100% die off rate.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

M_Sinistrari posted:

About that: You do meet Skadge in the Rusk alliance alert and you do get the option to kill off either Skadge or Rusk. From what I've seen in SWTOR forums posts, I think Skadge is hitting a near 100% die off rate.
A shame. As comically evil and obnoxious as Skadge is, he's at least memorably so. Rusk is totally disposable in comparison.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

M_Sinistrari posted:

You can also recruit them both and kill neither. The only thing you can't do is kill both of them.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
As long as I'm around we'll always have Skadge:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Asimo posted:

A shame. As comically evil and obnoxious as Skadge is, he's at least memorably so. Rusk is totally disposable in comparison.

I hadn't played through the JK storyline in a long time, so when I did it recently, I was shocked at what a dick Rusk was. He's really dedicated to throwing soldiers into meat grinders.

"Casualties all but one, as usual, sir."

Are we completely sure he isn't killing all the others?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
How many companions in this game aren't objectively terrible people?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

sassassin posted:

How many companions in this game aren't objectively terrible people?

A bunch of them, depending on how picky you are.
  • T7
  • Vette
  • Bowdaar
  • Blizz
  • Corso
  • Kira
  • Elara Dorne
  • Yuun
  • Nadia Grell
  • Talos Drellik
  • Mako
  • Jaesa (LS)
  • Ashara counts, I think

prefect fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Jan 3, 2017

inflatable fish
Dec 8, 2016
you forgot Vector, one of the best companions in game imo

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

inflatable fish posted:

you forgot Vector, one of the best companions in game imo

I like Vector, but he can creep people out. Like, if you take the DS option on Alderaan, I believe the Kiliks force-join everybody in House Cortess.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
Yeah, that massively weirded me out and I basically never used him after Alderaan. I just couldn't see my agent wanting anything to do with bugboy.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Talos owns

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Who doesn't wanna be Johnny Cat?

Talos does own, but ya'll forgot Khem Val. He may be terrible, but he's no people. :smug:

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

I think, therefore I am inevitable.
wait what did Teeseven do :ohdear:

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Light Jaesa is still Jaesa, she's one stubbed toe away from hunting down all betrayers to her autistic rigid definition of The Light.

Kira wants to overthrow the government (not a bad idea tbf).

Vette is/has been a thief and pirate.

Nadia's father dropped the ball on making her realise how dangerous she is. Her part-time attitude to her training is going to end in tears.

Khem Val is absolutely a person. Vector isn't.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

sassassin posted:

Light Jaesa is still Jaesa, she's one stubbed toe away from hunting down all betrayers to her autistic rigid definition of The Light.

In Star Wars that makes her a good person.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Catsworth posted:

Talos does own, but ya'll forgot Khem Val. He may be terrible, but he's no people. :smug:

It's what's inside that counts

Dalris Othaine posted:

wait what did Teeseven do :ohdear:

talks in annoying style

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

sassassin posted:

Kira wants to overthrow the government (not a bad idea tbf).

Specifically, Kira wants the Jedi to rule the Republic and gets angry if you point out that that sounds like the Sith Empire or suggest that democracy is better.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Cythereal posted:

Specifically, Kira wants the Jedi to rule the Republic and gets angry if you point out that that sounds like the Sith Empire or suggest that democracy is better.

Yeah, well I'm not a big fan of democracy these days, either. :smith:

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

I think, therefore I am inevitable.

Ainsley McTree posted:

It's what's inside that counts

You are what you eat?

quote:

talks in annoying style

fight me

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Dalris Othaine posted:

You are what you eat?

fight me

Both solid taglines to the sith inquisitor story

SirDrone
Jul 23, 2013

I am so sick of these star wars
I am so sick of the Lokath planet enemies having some magical ability to snipe oneshot me if I don't interrupt them asap.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

prefect posted:

A bunch of them, depending on how picky you are.

I see a distinct lack of Fourex on this list.

He isn't a bad droid, he's an adorable ultra-patriot crazy murderbot. :allears:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Tempest_56 posted:

I see a distinct lack of Fourex on this list.

He isn't a bad droid, he's an adorable ultra-patriot crazy murderbot. :allears:

Some people get really down on the murderbot thing. He is definitely awesome, though. :cool:

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

prefect posted:

Yeah, well I'm not a big fan of democracy these days, either. :smith:

The thing about Kira is that if you look closely, she has much more in common with a light-side Sith Warrior than she does with the Jedi Knight. She thinks the Jedi should run everything because the Jedi are just better than everyone, has a [at times not-so-] subtle edge of being racist to non-Force-sensitives, and doesn't much care for the peace and harmony thing the Jedi are supposed to stand for.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Cythereal posted:

The thing about Kira is that if you look closely, she has much more in common with a light-side Sith Warrior than she does with the Jedi Knight. She thinks the Jedi should run everything because the Jedi are just better than everyone, has a [at times not-so-] subtle edge of being racist to non-Force-sensitives, and doesn't much care for the peace and harmony thing the Jedi are supposed to stand for.

I would have loved it if Kira had been around for the Valkorion show. :sigh:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I kind of wish they added a toggle to companions - Tank/DPS/Heal or Classic. It's nice to have everyone able to heal, but with the simplification of the game having a Healing companion isn't as big a deal as it used to be. And the homogenization of companions means they mostly lost access to their unique abilities. I was thinking this the other day while using Blizz, and realizing how much I miss his Rocket Launcher attack. :( Same with Nadia and her force wave, as annoying as it was.

Actually I haven't checked, does Theran still use Holiday?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

prefect posted:

I would have loved it if Kira had been around for the Valkorion show. :sigh:

And she gets really mad if you ever point out that she sounds an awful lot like a Sith at times, or that the Jedi aren't supposed to rule or make peoples' decisions for them.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Medullah posted:

I kind of wish they added a toggle to companions - Tank/DPS/Heal or Classic. It's nice to have everyone able to heal, but with the simplification of the game having a Healing companion isn't as big a deal as it used to be. And the homogenization of companions means they mostly lost access to their unique abilities. I was thinking this the other day while using Blizz, and realizing how much I miss his Rocket Launcher attack. :( Same with Nadia and her force wave, as annoying as it was.

Actually I haven't checked, does Theran still use Holiday?

Answered my own question. Trucker Theran says "Yes, still in DPS and Heal stance"

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Medullah posted:

Answered my own question. Trucker Theran says "Yes, still in DPS and Heal stance"

don't you start talkin bout my mama

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Cythereal posted:

She's a former Child of the Emperor, right? Makes sense to me. Hell, they should've given you an option to turn her back like Jaesa, at least then being a DS Jedi would feel halfway consequential.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

prefect posted:

I like Vector, but he can creep people out. Like, if you take the DS option on Alderaan, I believe the Kiliks force-join everybody in House Cortess.

Vector is actually very creepy if you go through enough dialog options with him asking more about the Kiliks and all that's involved with being a Joiner. I can't remember the particular conversation and which dialog options I picked, but Vector admits that that his body is laced through with Kilik larvae as part of his Joining. And since I've sat through all of David Cronenberg's early body horror stuff, that sort of thing was all I could think of when Vector talked so as far as any of my Agents being in a relationship with him...nope, nope, nooooope.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Cythereal posted:

And she gets really mad if you ever point out that she sounds an awful lot like a Sith at times, or that the Jedi aren't supposed to rule or make peoples' decisions for them.

Light Sith is a good description...she's the anti-Spider-Man, she wants power and prestige and not necessarily the responsibility.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Tried the first Revan flashpoint as Imperial, got up to a big gun surrounded by Padawans to kill and couldn't go any further. I'm not a monster.

The Darth in charge making speeches about service to an institution greater than any individual just sounds daft coming from a Sith, to a Sith.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Just walk near them. They'll attack you first, then it's self-defense.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Bilirubin posted:

:gitgud:

eta:
My Dromund Kaas Life Day decor. Its a Charlie Brown Life Day! Festive Tauntaun joins fat happy snowball guy to celebrate around the Charlie Brown tree from Ziost (also doubles as a Festivus pole).

I got reported to Space SPCA (SSPCA) for failing to provide for the life needs of Tauntauns. With the help of some snowballs (and some leftovers from the guild bank--thanks Medulla) I have been able to bring the temperature down some.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...
So... haven't played since Shadows of Revan... how's the game now? :)

A Curvy Goonette
Jul 3, 2007

"Anyone who enjoys MWO is a shitty player. You have to hate it in order to be pro like me."

I'm actually just very good at curb stomping randoms on a team. :ssh:
So if I request a level 60 or 65 char can I still go back and do their story quests? Or will having all the companions right off the bat screw that up?

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Tezzeract posted:

So... haven't played since Shadows of Revan... how's the game now? :)

I just came back a few weeks ago after not playing since Hutt Cartel. I'd suggest resubbing to play through KotFE/ET if you need a Star Wars fix since that's pretty fun, but don't expect any new endgame stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

A Curvy Goonette posted:

So if I request a level 60 or 65 char can I still go back and do their story quests? Or will having all the companions right off the bat screw that up?

If you start a character at 60 or 65 with a level-up token, it assumes you finished your class story and puts you at the beginning of KOTFE and KOTET respectively. You can't go back and do the class quests.

• Locked thread