Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

anime was right posted:

cuomo still sucks horribly, but he did a single good thing today. hes seriously very, very awful.

Could have been Carl Paladino man,

The Right Honourable Ed Balls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
is that like encino man or something different

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

comedyblissoption posted:

for a summary of the victory fund shenanigans:
http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/features/dnc-leak-shows-mechanics-of-a-slanted-campaign-w430814

it was a way to use state apparatuses of the dnc to get around the spirit of the law around campaign fundraising donor limits during the primaries. they enabled big ticket donors to donate obscene amounts of money to hillary. presumably, sanders would not be allowed to use these shenanigans if he wanted to and could only complain about it.

Sanders had a joint victory account and chose not to use it. Moreover, only the first $2700 could be used for the primary - the rest was earmarked for the general. And Clinton paid 100% of all fundraising costs for donations at or under the federal limit, so it did not provide a material advantage in the primary.

Had Bernie won, all that money to DNC would have moved to his control.

Concerned Citizen has issued a correction as of 19:11 on Jan 3, 2017

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Mariana Horchata posted:

Could have been Carl Paladino man,

I'd like to think we can set the bar a little higher than that.

I'd like to think that.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

jBrereton posted:

is that like encino man or something different

no encino man was chill, Paladino man was a mean mean old vindictive son of a gun...

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

This is actualky a really important part of the postmortem to have no matter how bad it makes your disinterested both-sidesism look.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Fiction posted:

This is actualky a really important part of the postmortem to have no matter how bad it makes your disinterested both-sidesism look.

i think his issue is that it's the only part of the postmortem you ever want to talk about

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Fiction posted:

actually you're All Awful and given an unlimited subset of things to talk about y'all gravitate towards personal grievances

Serf
May 5, 2011

Bill Buckner posted:

Democrats should just start fistfighting each other on the floor anytime a session is held.

Maybe get the GOP really invested in watching it so they forget to do anything for four years.

if you're proposing that we start electing wrestlers to democratic seats and having them brawl in the house I am down for that

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/NBCNewYork/status/816306517318189056

:chloe:

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011
i wonder why we might have grievances with the campaign that gave us the trump presidency 🤔

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

*leans into mic* gently caress

Serf
May 5, 2011

I think the democrats could go far if we started conducting interviews like we were cutting wrestling promos

"Paul Ryan I'm callin' you out! Get down here and fight me like a man!"

*rips off shirt*

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

loquacius posted:

once again: Clintonites are very angry that the emails were leaked but show very little interest in what the leaked emails actually show

I feel like pointing out that no one knows what was stolen from the DNC offices at Watergate is a good refutation of this argument, and that committing a break in and espionage is bad either online or in reality.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Fiction posted:

i wonder why we might have grievances with the campaign that gave us the trump presidency 🤔

The problem is that people love treating c-spam as their entire political universe and thus air grievances that are entirely forum based

Oh boy do you remember when HRC didn't campaign in WI is fine. do you remember when during the primary hillbots came into the thread and started claiming X? is dumb

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
cuomo read those tea leaves faster than anybody but he will kill us all when he has the chance

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
By any metric, Chafee would have won.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

logikv9 posted:

cuomo read those tea leaves faster than anybody but he will kill us all when he has the chance

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

logikv9 posted:

The problem is that people love treating c-spam as their entire political universe and thus air grievances that are entirely forum based

Oh boy do you remember when HRC didn't campaign in WI is fine. do you remember when during the primary hillbots came into the thread and started claiming X? is dumb

ok that's fair...it was like a year of that including six months where one side of the argument was verboten, culminating in the worst possible outcome for all parties though, you shouldn't be surprised that people are STILL salty

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Concerned Citizen posted:

You're usually insufferable but this is a good one.

edit: Busted!

Captain_Maclaine has issued a correction as of 19:21 on Jan 3, 2017

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Concerned Citizen posted:

anime was right posted:

by every metric chaffee is the best candidate

Serf
May 5, 2011

"Mitch McConnell when I see you at the Legislam this Thursday I am gonna hit you over the head with this chair so hard you'll actually grow a chin!"

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

zegermans posted:

I feel like pointing out that no one knows what was stolen from the DNC offices at Watergate

Nothing. They installed phone tapping devices on the first break in, but they didn't work, so they broke in again to fix them and got caught in the attempt.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
its so good that seth meyers probably said it like a year ago

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

:(

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Fiction posted:

ok that's fair...it was like a year of that including six months where one side of the argument was verboten, culminating in the worst possible outcome for all parties though, you shouldn't be surprised that people are STILL salty

It was never verboten, one side just decided to leave and go to GBS or stop posting. We still had our original layout of bernie IKs and mod(s), and at least one of them still carried the torch to our untimely deaths

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
and if I recall it was really only one side that dominated YCS from like November to Feb-March, then it actually started becoming an (awful) flamewar which ended w/ the convention

Dear lord that was an awful time

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

logikv9 posted:

It was never verboten, one side just decided to leave and go to GBS or stop posting. We still had our original layout of bernie IKs and mod(s), and at least one of them still carried the torch to our untimely deaths

they couldn't talk about the primaries then either though, and clearly there were no other topics

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

Serf posted:

I think the democrats could go far if we started conducting interviews like we were cutting wrestling promos

"Paul Ryan I'm callin' you out! Get down here and fight me like a man!"

*rips off shirt*

Zandig 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQ7_5MMboo4

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
Ok here's one:

Q. Why didn't Chafee endorse in the primary?

A. Hillary's team wouldn't let him meter and Bernie wouldn't give an inch.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Joementum posted:

Nothing. They installed phone tapping devices on the first break in, but they didn't work, so they broke in again to fix them and got caught in the attempt.

Ah I thought they were taking some folders on their way out

Bill Buckner
Aug 14, 2005
Bernie fever made the entire internet absolutely awful during the primary, so I don't know if I would necessarily single out c-spam.

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

Bill Buckner posted:

Bernie fever made the entire internet absolutely awful during the primary, so I don't know if I would necessarily single out c-spam.

why are you showing your face in here after the election

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

logikv9 posted:

well i mean the forum took on a very legitimate atmosphere of "say good things about hillary or gently caress off"

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Bill Buckner posted:

thank goodness he lost, now the internet's way better

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011
"Hillary will win, you utter idiots."

*hillary loses in spectacular fashion*

"Shut up about Hillary, you idiots. Emails."

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Bill Buckner posted:

obamarama was worse

Bill Buckner
Aug 14, 2005

Fiction posted:

why are you showing your face in here after the election

Been posting here all along, your brain broken?

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
on the debate stage, chaffee got caught with his thirty centimeters in his mouth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bill Buckner
Aug 14, 2005

Nerses IV posted:

thank goodness he lost, now the internet's way better

Way better than it was, yeah!

• Locked thread