Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

And the hits just keep on coming. 2017's going to be a great year, I guess. Somehow.

Exactly how much grape juice is it? Is it 1 cup three times a day? 1 full gallon jug three times a day?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

public page

ok, everyone type "11" now.

This is just the evolved tactic of saying "type 123 if you wanna cyber" in chat rooms.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

How much grape juice is actually in Welch's?

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Grape Juice From Concentrate (Filtered Water, Grape Juice Concentrate), Grape Juice, Citric Acid (For Tartness), Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C).

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!

Glagha posted:

How much grape juice is actually in Welch's?
Isn't Welch's one of the few where it is actually 100%?

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I'm not sure what is real anymore.

http://imgur.com/gallery/5GWBj

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

The Merkinman posted:

Isn't Welch's one of the few where it is actually 100%?

Essentially. They add citric acid and Vitamin C but it's otherwise nothing but grape juice and water.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

has anyone told brendan fraser about his new status as 'internet weirdo darling' yet

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Ularg posted:

I'm not sure what is real anymore.

http://imgur.com/gallery/5GWBj

The whole Brendan Fraser thing started on Reddit when they found out he was getting screwed for alimony, the literal worst thing that can possibly happen to a rich white man. So in response they've created a the_donald-esque movement to try to get him famous again and making money.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

WampaLord posted:

The whole Brendan Fraser thing started on Reddit when they found out he was getting screwed for alimony, the literal worst thing that can possibly happen to a rich white man. So in response they've created a the_donald-esque movement to try to get him famous again and making money.

He's definitely going to need some work to get back to being an action star, as opposed to a comedy dad.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

WampaLord posted:

so that he can actually pay the alimony? seems like a win for his ex :)

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Goa Tse-tung posted:

so that he can actually pay the alimony? seems like a win for his ex :)

The actual "controversy" is that he has a clause in his alimony that the payments reduce from $900,000 a year if his income lowers to a certain level, and his income has lowered but he hasn't hit the mark to lower payments yet. Fraser thus petitioned the court to have the payments reduced.

Someone posted the actual numbers in the thread earlier, and I think it was found that he still makes over $1 million a year after paying alimony.

Fake edit: Checked my post and he still makes an income of $2.4 million a year after his alimony payments. He's a millionaire pleading poverty to avoid being slightly less of a millionaire.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

chitoryu12 posted:

he still makes an income of $2.4 million a year after his alimony payments.

Literally the worst thing to ever happen to a human.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Like I know the first excuse people usually give is "His expenses are huge because of his lifestyle!" like when Nicholas Cage when nuts and started buying dinosaurs and poo poo. Maybe try not having a $2 million home in every country you feel like spending the summer in?

Apparently the home he had until 2007 was $5 million and even included a wine cellar and dark room for his photography hobby.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Hey, the rest of us have to live without having a lifestyle funded by millions of dollars, fraiser can loving deal with it too.

Leave it to Imgur/reddit to make me hate someone I didn't before. And it's not even Fraiser's fault.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

I have a hard time feeling sympathy for someone who might not be able to buy that second gold-plated toilet brush he wanted.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
After taxes and poo poo (I honestly don't know if alimony is pre-tax or after-tax) 900k is like half his income. If it's tied to his income then I can understand his desire to adjust it. I know you're supposed to lose half of all community assets in a divorce, but that isn't supposed to continue with spousal support.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Krispy Kareem posted:

After taxes and poo poo (I honestly don't know if alimony is pre-tax or after-tax) 900k is like half his income. If it's tied to his income then I can understand his desire to adjust it. I know you're supposed to lose half of all community assets in a divorce, but that isn't supposed to continue with spousal support.

A judge, knowing more about the situation, and being presented arguments by lawyers from both sides, ruled otherwise. If he doesn't like that income I'm willing to pitch in and take, I don't know, 100k a year.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Krispy Kareem posted:

It's more that he's pleading poverty as a reason to reduce the income, when if you look at what he's making he's actually filthy rich even after alimony payments. He just can't blow all his money on stupid conspicuous consumption without feeling it.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?
Jesus gently caress.

Looks like my feed's getting most of the stupid today.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Was the sad emoji really necessary

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

what does amen even mean in this context

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

zakharov posted:

It's the reason Trump has to end his tweets with stuff like "Sad!" because otherwise people don't know how to feel.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Simsmagic posted:

what does amen even mean in this context

Religion is the opiate of the masses.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

zakharov posted:

How else would you know it is sad?

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

zakharov posted:

WampaLord posted:

Emoji is the opiate of the masses.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Why is it sad that it's her birthday?

Atreiden
May 4, 2008

Please wish me sad smiley

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Because look at her! Amen

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

quote:

These are the worst posts I wish people would stop saying the same thing once a month.

Pops in noway reflect previous toys that crashed. Each set has its own appeal. And they don't make them more than a few runs. So, this means supply and demand will always protect pops because in ten years new fans will discover jon snow and want the pop because all other toys blow these days and pops are for adults, I don't want to play with a toy but I'll make a pop and give it to a friend forever.

The toy market has already crashed due to over saturation and no one cares about action figures anymore. Look at the toy isles they all run together.

Pops however are the standout. There's not a big section in any store and they never have the pop you want. This is very different than any other toy we've ever seen.

Pops are different, they've taken over the toy market and will never go away. Pops are forever. Deal with it.

Crazy person on Reddit talking about Funko.

I don't think there's a single actually correct statement in the whole thing.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Aphrodite posted:

Fun game: replace "pops" with "beanie babies" and have a good nostalgic laugh.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

chitoryu12 posted:

It's more that he's pleading poverty as a reason to reduce the income, when if you look at what he's making he's actually filthy rich even after alimony payments. He just can't blow all his money on stupid conspicuous consumption without feeling it.

I guess it depends if he had a prenup and got to keep all that sweet George of the Jungle money and the alimony was in lieu of a larger settlement. Because if there was community property she's rich too with the added benefit of an extra 900k/year.

Maybe he just figured he'd be making 10 million a year forever like every other popular actor has assumed without any negative ramifications ever.

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Jesus gently caress.

Looks like my feed's getting most of the stupid today.

What's it with Indian Facebook pages trolling for American likes and amens?

https://www.facebook.com/Foal.Publisher/

Their About page even says their goal is 200k likes. Then they sell the account and start a new one. Just 33k more to go.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Aphrodite posted:

Oh is this why people get so mad about Funko Pops. I just got a couple of characters I liked, and they were discounted heavily because nobody was buying them at my local game store. Is there some kind of bananas secondary market for them? Maybe I can hook my dudes up, here.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yawgmoth posted:

Fun game: replace "pops" with "beanie babies" and have a good nostalgic laugh.

That's basically what the topic post is about, yeah.

LordSaturn posted:

Oh is this why people get so mad about Funko Pops. I just got a couple of characters I liked, and they were discounted heavily because nobody was buying them at my local game store. Is there some kind of bananas secondary market for them? Maybe I can hook my dudes up, here.

Well there's this site http://poppriceguide.com that claims a lot of them have value but who knows.

It does say that 5 Batgirl pops sold for an average of $1135. It looks like most of the big sales are SDCC exclusives, so I doubt a a regular buyable at Target one is worth much.

Some of the older ones probably have some value to collectors too, but anything released mass market today is probably worth less than MSRP.

Aphrodite has a new favorite as of 19:23 on Jan 3, 2017

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

chitoryu12 posted:

He's definitely going to need some work to get back to being an action star, as opposed to a comedy dad.

He reminds me of Human Bender.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Aphrodite posted:

That's basically what the topic post is about, yeah.

Well there's this site http://poppriceguide.com that claims a lot of them have value but who knows.

It does say that 5 Batgirl pops sold for an average of $1135. It looks like most of the big sales are SDCC exclusives, so I doubt a a regular buyable at Target one is worth much.

Some of the older ones probably have some value to collectors too, but anything released mass market today is probably worth less than MSRP.

My wife sold these for a while and if you stick to exclusives and watch the markets closely you can, indeed make money. The issue is like any other collectible market, thinking you can make big money on any junk that's sold in every store.

The thing keeping pops going longer than beanie babies are tying them to intellectual properties, so people want them because they are Jon snow or Spider-Man or whatever, not just a pop for pops sake. It's still volatile though so we never kept more than a couple dozen in the house at any one time.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
Funko Pops are ugly as poo poo and I can't believe that anyone actually likes them

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Jmcrofts posted:

Funko Pops are ugly as poo poo and I can't believe that anyone actually likes them

They really are totally devoid of life and personality. I would respect someone with an action figure collection more.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
Funko poo poo is the pinnacle of conspicuous nerd consumption, imo.

At least ridiculous gaming rigs and mecha kits have some entertainment value. Pops are literally hunks of useless plastic. You can't even play with them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Low Desert Punk posted:

conspicuous nerd consumption

This year, in Trump's America!