Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
Before I knew Michael Rapaport as "the guy who is always in movies" I knew him as the "guy who is always in the MTV Rock and Jock B-Ball Jam"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdOJhXqpoMA

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

What a loving monster.

SMP
May 5, 2009

Nainan sucks but the reaction to him seems way overblown compared to just how awful and cringey Rapaport is.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
it's because everybody loves True Romance

Rusty Rickshaw
Apr 30, 2008

Does this mean the dry boys are uncut??

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

This millenial quit a lucrative tech career to be a pun-spewing horror anthology show host.

Production
Jun 11, 2001

SMP posted:

Nainan sucks but the reaction to him seems way overblown compared to just how awful and cringey Rapaport is.

He's just aggressively insecure to the point where he needs to take it out on comedians who aren't corporate comedy consultants.

http://brianmcguinness.tumblr.com/post/8108071490/dan-nainan-is-the-worst-human-being-ever-the

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-
Dan nainan is like jake gyllenhal in nightcrawler if he was a standup comedian. it seems like his singular motivation in life is spite

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I've never heard of Dan Nainan before, but this thing about him pretending to be a Millennial is pretty funny.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
the sad thing is dan nainan is the funniest engineer of all time

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

The forums are leaking again.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

CortezFantastic posted:

Not really sure I agree. Trump had near-zero ground game outside of rallies and merchandise hocking, and won basically on free press and personality. Maybe WI and MI could've been saved, but she did hit PA often and still lost.

The loss in PA is explained by Chuck Schumer's quote about Hillary's strategy, that for every blue-collar vote lost in the city, they'd gain two moderate Republican votes in the suburbs, which of course was not a good strategy in any way shape or form.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Corek posted:

Dilbert was good in the 90s, and it still aged better than Dan.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
That electrical engineer guy on youtube who shocks himself all the time is my nominee for funniest engineer. Way better than Dilbert's Dad or Dan.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

That sample of Dan's Belgium gig was painful.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
is the finnish hydraulic press guy an engineer? I guess he's only coincidentally funny, but that's still better than 99% of engineers

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

I Before E posted:

I watched that whole set a couple days ago and he closes on on Jesse Jackson impression

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Production posted:

He's just aggressively insecure to the point where he needs to take it out on comedians who aren't corporate comedy consultants.

http://brianmcguinness.tumblr.com/post/8108071490/dan-nainan-is-the-worst-human-being-ever-the

Holy gently caress :stare:

I thought this dude was just lame

Warm Woolen Pants
Jan 13, 2008

If you know what I mean...

I Before E posted:

I had to turn it off; it hurt too much.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Golden Bee posted:

Dilbert was good in the 90s, and it still aged better than Dan.

scott adams was in marketing

stranger danger
May 24, 2006

Corek posted:

mike judge was an engineer or coder or something

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
dan nainan taught me that it's ok to be weird

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I think you'll find the funniest engineer is Joel Robinson of Gizmonic Institute.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
it's those two Ukrainian youtube guys who built a death ray with microwave parts.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I just watched 2016 Wipe and the astrophysicist they had on was p lol.

Also those two dudes from the elevator talk I posted earlier are funny for pentesters, which is a kind of engineer when you think about it.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

This millenial quit a lucrative tech career to be a pun-spewing horror anthology show host.

"Thisss Germ-eration is only into pun-hundred percent SCREAM come-DIE, eh fellow KILL-enials??"

Literally
Jul 2, 2009

Woke Crypt Keeper the newest meme of 2017.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Warm Woolen Pants posted:

I had to turn it off; it hurt too much.

I had to stop and make sure they didn't just make the last 21 minutes of the podcast his Belgium show, had a real concern it was nothing but Nainan the rest of the way out.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
If you guys want some really good Dan Nainan content & have some free time this podcast is a pretty comprehensive summary & also good because you hear him explaining multiple times why the r/l joke is extremely good & real.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBx9SBCoZ_o&t=1430s

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I'm pretty sure I am now 10% away from a lethal dose of Nainan.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Hat Thoughts posted:

If you guys want some really good Dan Nainan content & have some free time this podcast is a pretty comprehensive summary & also good because you hear him explaining multiple times why the r/l joke is extremely good & real.

I can barely take 30 seconds on Nainan, I'll never watch 3 hours 20 minutes of him.

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Swan stole my music and framed me!
Onions are the base aromatic and first ingredient of like 9/10 recipes in every cuisine across every culture. Unless you're swapping in another allium like shallots the first step in making all food is to cut up some loving onions.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Hat Thoughts posted:

That's a blast from the past.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Corek posted:

I can barely take 30 seconds on Nainan, I'll never watch 3 hours 20 minutes of him.

u gotta embrace the naiman

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Geil Naiman

red19fire
May 26, 2010

I finally listened to Eli Lake on the rapaport podcast :stare: Does he always have that tattling to teacher lilt to his voice? Also lol at begging rapaport fans to be his personal twitter army.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

What's up with the articles recently (e.g. here) saying the Democratic Party needs to stop being the tool of the neoliberals and go back to embracing the idea of the defender of the working class? Do these people think this is some novel idea?

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

It's a reaction to Trump's election, pretty much. It's not a new idea but the concept that the failure to provide real solutions to working people leaves space for lovely racist demagogues to pick up their votes seems pretty relevant right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

I need to see Pictures of TPM's gently caress room.