Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

My gf has a vita which needs a new cord, she says it's the early proprietary connection as opposed to micro USB, is it hard to find those? I don't want to order the wrong one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Snowy posted:

My gf has a vita which needs a new cord, she says it's the early proprietary connection as opposed to micro USB, is it hard to find those? I don't want to order the wrong one.

Nah there's hundreds on eBay, virtually all the Vita cables on there are the old proprietary connector since you can just use a generic one otherwise.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Help Im Alive posted:

I think he means No Heroes Allowed

Yea, that's correct.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
At one point my local Best Buy had a PSP/Vita usb charger on clearance. Looks like the listing has been pulled from the web since then. If you find a store with Vita stock there might be something.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Yeah pick up one of these too maybe newer USB chargers don't need it idk. Pretty sure you need it unless you use the OEM charger

PISEN USB battery charge adapter/converter for Sony Playstation PS Vita with Cosmos Fastening Strap https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007Y3L5RI/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_btbAybGSFCZ7X

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

TV Zombie posted:

Yea, that's correct.

Which is a great game.

I wanted to like Dragon's Crown but the screeen would get so damned busy and managing tons of useless loot drops was not very fun.

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.
I'm running out of space on my lovely little 4GB card. If I delete an install from a physical cart, do I lose the save file? I thought I read it would delete the save files but I'd rather not lose my progress in some games I haven't completely finished 100%.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

If you have PS plus you can upload saves to the cloud before deleting. Psp games are saved separately from the games so they'll be fine.

4GB buddies

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Irritated Goat posted:

I'm running out of space on my lovely little 4GB card. If I delete an install from a physical cart, do I lose the save file? I thought I read it would delete the save files but I'd rather not lose my progress in some games I haven't completely finished 100%.

Yes, your only options are to upload the save to online storage if you have PS+ or back up the entire game including the save to a PS3 or PC

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
thankfully Homebrew is looking to solve that problem but seriously sony gently caress you. That is one of the worst decisions they made with this system...one of the many bad decisions.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/PQubeGames/status/816257108450693120

People are speculating this is a subtle hint to Uppers

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.
drat. I'm like $1 short of Boob Ninjas Cook Things. Having $8 credit is such a weird spot.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That $1 saved you from a terrible mistake

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Irritated Goat posted:

drat. I'm like $1 short of Boob Ninjas Cook Things. Having $8 credit is such a weird spot.

The canon storyline is the blonde masochist (Ryona) turns herself into Tempura with her one wish granted by winning the contest, but no one eats her.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Can't you backup saves separately along with the game to A PC via data manager or am I confused

But yeah, PS+

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Can't you backup saves separately along with the game to A PC via data manager or am I confused

But yeah, PS+

Yes you can but you have to copy the whole game, you can't just back up the save

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Dehry posted:

The canon storyline is the blonde masochist (Ryona) turns herself into Tempura with her one wish granted by winning the contest, but no one eats her.

Thanks for reminding me about one of the grossest things I've ever seen in a video game.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
A while back I had some money left on a gift card so I bought a PSTV and played Persona 3 Portable on it. Now that I'm done with that, I need some recommendations to get a little more use out of this thing. I'll probably try P4G when I feel like playing Persona 4 again, besides that I guess people liked the Trails of Cold Steel games? I've owned a PS3 but never a PS1 or PS2, so if there are any classics from that generation that run on the PSTV I probably haven't played them either.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

persona 4 dancing all night

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010
Honest to god thinks Half Life 2 is a bad game. But at least he likes Monster Hunter.

StandardVC10 posted:

A while back I had some money left on a gift card so I bought a PSTV and played Persona 3 Portable on it. Now that I'm done with that, I need some recommendations to get a little more use out of this thing. I'll probably try P4G when I feel like playing Persona 4 again, besides that I guess people liked the Trails of Cold Steel games? I've owned a PS3 but never a PS1 or PS2, so if there are any classics from that generation that run on the PSTV I probably haven't played them either.

Carnage heart exa is good.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

bloodychill posted:

Thanks for reminding me about one of the grossest things I've ever seen in a video game.

Wait, I assumed that was a joke.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

ImpAtom posted:

In a better world, it would be.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

ImpAtom posted:

The Versus games are the worst thing to happen to the series.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

The Versus games are the worst thing to happen to the series.

But that happened in Bon Appetit.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Takoluka posted:

But that happened in Bon Appetit.

Ryouna comes from Shinovi Versus. No Ryouna, no loving stupid "I want to be deep fried and eaten" ending. Plus, EV is the one referencing that loving story in the first place.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

im pretty sure its just surreal humor of the kind you can find in like, an episode of spongebob

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

I don't like SK but tbh it's kinda funny

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Endorph posted:

im pretty sure its just surreal humor of the kind you can find in like, an episode of spongebob

Problem is that is literally Ryouna's whole characterization.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

i meant the tempura thing, not ryouna

because yeah ryouna is a pretty poo poo character

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Name a character after a fetish and they end up being characterized by a fetish? Huh.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

StandardVC10 posted:

I liked Muramasa Rebirth, Gravity Rush, and Atelier E&L. If you have a hacked PS TV you can enable all kinds of Vita games too. VNs are pretty good too.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Cake Attack posted:

I don't like SK but tbh it's kinda funny

It'd be more funny if the didn't show her fried up skin while she lay in an oil bath.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm glad that the music in Bon Apetit being so ear searingly bad combined with the completely random difficulty spikes to mean that I never got very far in it.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

CrashCat posted:

Name a character after a fetish and they end up being characterized by a fetish? Huh.
Ryona is a real Japanese name and her name doesn't have the same kanji as the fetish, but okay.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Endorph posted:

Ryona is a real Japanese name and her name doesn't have the same kanji as the fetish, but okay.

Yeah it's just a coincidence and not a joke :rolleyes:

Besides, is it her surname? I thought all traditional lady names in Japanese end in "ko."

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

'Ko' generally denotes a female name but not all female names end in 'ko'. And as with everything there are exceptions.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

bloodychill posted:

I thought all traditional lady names in Japanese end in "ko."
lol

you are definitely the person qualified to discuss japanese naming

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

bloodychill posted:

It'd be more funny if the didn't show her fried up skin while she lay in an oil bath.

For what it's worth I think that was breading on her skin and not fourth degree burns but it was still kind of a gross picture to end the game on.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Sakurazuka posted:

I'm glad that the music in Bon Apetit being so ear searingly bad combined with the completely random difficulty spikes to mean that I never got very far in it.

The vocal songs range from really good to just okay.

The instrumental public domain remixes are... not so great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

bloodychill posted:

Yeah it's just a coincidence and not a joke :rolleyes:

Besides, is it her surname? I thought all traditional lady names in Japanese end in "ko."

The Vita thread sure is the right place for you, my dude.